Chapter 53

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 53

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Hurry up, Hanna! We need to leave early!” Manager Song said, her head poking on my bedroom door. “What are you doing there? I told you to pack-up last night! Are you just starting to prepare your things now?” she scolded, obviously annoyed.

 

I giggled.

 

“No, Manager. I’m just doing a last round of checking. I wouldn’t want to leave anything necessary,” I replied as I rummaged through my closet.

 

“Well hurry up! We wouldn’t want to arrive late!” she insisted, finally shutting the door behind her.

 

I sighed and closed my bags.

 

There’s nothing more I have to bring in there, I thought to myself.

 

I left my room and headed off to check the boys. Last night, they were all talking about how they’d wake up early to bid me goodbye but I already know it’d be impossible. The boys had been working double time – almost triple time. Every day they had to perform for their comeback and do it side-by-side with the filming of their latest show. They’d be lucky enough to get at least 4 hours of sleep.

 

I opened the door to Baekhyun and Chen’s room since it’s nearest to mine. I was quite shocked to see only Chen lying on the bed.

 

“Baek?” I whispered in the air.

 

There was no response.

 

Hurrying up before Manager Song nags at me again, I walked towards the bed and gave Chen a peck on the cheek.

 

“Goodbye, oppa. See you next week,” I whispered to him, leaving my hand-written note next to the bed. I stayed up late last night writing one for each of them knowing that I won't get to speak with them before I leave. I was right.

 

Chen moaned and turned away. I laughed inaudibly.

 

I grabbed my bags again and turned to leave the room when Baekhyun suddenly materialized right in front of me.

 

“Aaahh---“ my scream was muffled by his hand covering my mouth.

 

I glared at him.

 

“Did you actually think I wouldn’t wake up to say goodbye to you?” he said, chuckling. “That I would miss this chance to see you one last time?”

 

I jerked his hand away from my face.

 

“Ya, how dare you scare me this early in the morning?” I glowered.

 

He only laughed and took my bags from my hands.

 

“Let’s go. There’s ten more boys you have to say farewell to,” he said, starting to walk away. I followed him, shaking my head in glee. This boy really is my style.

 

 

***

 

 

“At last! I almost thought you backed out of our trip today,” Manager Song said as soon as we went outside. She’s leaning comfortably on the van, her arms crossed against her chest.

 

“Sorry, Manager. I just can’t bear to leave without saying goodbye to the boys,” I answered, sincerely apologetic.

 

Manager Song shrugged this off and went to open the door to the passenger seat.

 

“But what’s Baekhyun doing in here?” she demanded, hauling herself to her seat.

 

Baekhyun scoffed.

 

“I wouldn’t miss this for the world, Manager,” he said smugly.

 

Manager Song rolled her eyes at him as she reached out to buckle her seatbelt.

 

“It’s not like you won’t be able to see her again. Too exaggerating,” we heard her whisper.

 

I laughed.

 

Baekhyun glared at her and suddenly pulled me against him.

 

“You couldn’t blame me, Manager, if I’d miss this girl so much,” he announced, burying his face in my hair.

 

“Ya! Move away!” I said jokingly, shoving him away.

 

Manager Song made a disgusted face.

 

“Get a room, you two,” she ordered, her nose crinkling.

 

"Should I bring her back inside, then?" Baekhyun joked. 

 

Manager Song eyes almost literally shot daggers at him.

 

We both laughed.

 

“Oh well. You better go, Hanna, so you could arrive there early. Don't forget to send my regards to your family,” he said, sliding the van’s door open for me. I eyed him warily. “I’ve already placed your luggage at the back. Are you sure you have everything you need?”

 

I nodded and flung my arms around him. He froze, obviously surprised by my sudden move.

 

“Thank you,” I whispered.

 

I felt his arms wound back around me.

 

“I’ll miss you, Hanna,” he whispered back, sadness evident in his tone.

 

I gave him a pat on the back.

 

“You behave yourself, okay?” I teased. I trust Baekhyun. I know he’ll behave himself no matter what.

 

I felt him shake – laughing.

 

“What do you think I’m going to do while you’re away?” he challenged.

 

I shrugged.

 

“Who knows? Maybe I’d come back and find another lady in this house.” I tried to sound indifferently but my voice broke in the end. Just the simple thought of having another woman in the house, other than Manager Song, drives me crazy. I never thought I could be this possessive over Baekhyun and also the boys.

 

I could almost imagine Baekhyun rolling his eyes at me.

 

“As if,” he answered, his voice clipped.

 

I gave him a final squeeze before letting go.

 

“I’ll miss you, Baek. See you next week,” I said to him, my eyes tearing up a bit.

 

Baekhyun’s face fell.

 

“This is going to be the longest seven days of my lif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter