Chapter 47

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 47

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Would you look at that,” Manager muttered from her seat. We’re currently inside the van, on our way to the company and Manager Song’s on her usual self – seating up front with her nose stuck on her tablet, probably scanning the social news again.

 

“What’s wrong, Manager?” Suho inquired, leaning his head a bit nearer to check on Manager’s tablet. She hid it before he had the chance to see anything.

 

“Infinite members said in an interview who their ideal type is,” she spoke, an undercurrent in her voice. My eyebrows furrowed. I’m having a bad feeling about this.

 

“So?” Kyungsoo spoke beside me, his eyebrows furrowed as well. “What does that have to do with us, Manager?”

 

I heard Manager Song chuckle.

 

I pursed my lips.

 

It’s not what you think it is. It’s not what you think it is, I told myself over and over.

 

“It’s Hanna,” Manager Song announced.

 

Everything around me went still.

 

I’m aware of my mouth hanging slightly open but I didn’t bother to close it.

 

I’m screwed.

 

“Huh?” Chanyeol blurted from behind.

 

I didn’t dare to look at him for I know he’s sitting right beside Baekhyun and that’s hardly what I need right now – to see Baekhyun and his reaction. I wonder how he’s keeping up.

 

“’Infinite members spoke about their ideal types in their recent interview’,” Manager Song continued, reading what I think is the article on the daily news. I held my face in my hands. I really wish she’d just stop. “And guess which member answered Hanna…”

 

“Who, Manager?” I heard Baekhyun ask, his voice sounding extremely off.

 

I gulped, shifting on my seat uncomfortably.

 

“The famed Kim Myungsoo,” she answered, giving emphasis on every word.

 

 My jaw dropped.

 

L? Infinite’s L?

 

“Just him, Manager?” Sehun asked this time.

 

Manager shook her head. “The other members like Hanna, too. But apparently, L likes her best.”

 

My breath hitches.

 

Baekhyun’s surely going to throw a fit.

 

“Well, it has begun,” Kai mused, chuckling under his breath.

 

“What has begun, hyung?” Sehun asked in confusion.

 

Kyungsoo answered him, “The long list of Hanna’s admirers.”

 

“And it would just keep getting longer,” Kai added.

 

The two of them exchanged knowing glances before bursting into laughter.

 

I shook my head.

 

I’m really screwed.

 

 

***

 

 

“Get in,” said a deep voice from inside the room. Manager Song carefully opened the door and entered, me trailing from behind.

 

The CEO sat on the swivel chair in front of his study, his eyes fixed on us.

 

“Good morning, Sir,” I greeted as I gave him a respectful bow.

 

He nodded.

 

“Have a seat,” he ordered, motioning the two seats in front of him. Manager and I immediately obeyed.

 

The CEO crossed his hands on his desk, his face wiped off of any emotion. It’s been so long since I last saw him. He didn’t change at all. Beads of sweat trickled my forehead as my heartbeat slowly accelerated.

 

“I’m really satisfied about the turnouts of your debut, Hanna,” he suddenly said. My head snapped up almost immediately. I gawked in surprise. The CEO’s smiling at me.

 

“T-Thanks, Sir,” I stammered. He still doesn’t change. The moodswing’s still there.

 

“You proved to me that I made the right decision in investing on you. Thank you for not failing me,” he went on.

 

I ducked my head in embarrassment.

 

“There’s nothing for you to thank me, Sir. I owe you a lot,” I muttered under my breath. “Thank you for helping my Dad.”

 

The CEO smiled and nodded his head.

 

“I heard his surgery was successful. Please send my regards to him,” he said kindly.

 

“I will, Sir. Thank you so much,” I beamed at him.

 

“Just keep on working hard, Hanna. I know you will come a very long way,” he mused, his tone a bit dreamy. I can’t help but feel flattered. He really believes in me.

 

I nodded in understanding. “I will, Sir. I promise.”

 

 

***

 

 

I closed the door behind me, leaving Manager Song inside. The CEO wanted to talk to her in private so I had no option but to walk back to the practice room alone. The boys would be waiting for me there.

 

I rode the elevator and pressed the button to the third floor. I can’t help but feel stupid about being afraid of the CEO. He’s nothing but kind to me.

 

The elevator skidded to a stop. I stepped out of it and made my way towards the practice room – walking the same corridors that I had begun to know with all my heart.

 

I heard voices near me and I froze in recognition.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

I had listened to them sing so many times that their speaking voices were no longer unfamiliar to me. I contemplated my chances on making a run for it but I knew it was too late. Taeyeon and Tiffany the corner and they saw me.

 

Taeyeon froze.

 

Tiffany, sensing the sudden drop in the atmosphere looked from Taeyeon to me and back again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter