Chapter 54

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 54

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“How’s your day, oppa?” I asked as I watched Baekhyun grab a towel and dry his wet hair. This had been my seventh night here in Jeju and by tomorrow, Manager Song would come fetch me up. So far, everything was checked in my mini to-do list. My family and I were able to spend a peaceful and exciting vacation in one of Jeju’s finest beaches. We went shopping and I made sure to buy them each and every necessity they need. It felt so undeniably good – being able to provide for your family. Right now I am more than ready to get back to Seoul and start up working knowing that I had my every goal done and accomplished.

 

Baekhyun and I managed to keep in contact with one another through constant video calls every night. I could honestly say that we’re coping up with this long distance relationship quite nicely. I felt my insides squirm in delight. Relationship, I wonder if that’s really what we have.

 

“Boring,” he replied, throwing the towel away. His hair fell in his eyes in wet curly locks. “Everything feels so slow when you’re gone, Hanna,” he groaned in frustration.

 

I chuckled.

 

“Dry your hair more, Baek. You might catch a cold,” I ordered, holding my phone up to point at the towel behind him.

 

He leaned closer, causing his face to enlarge onscreen.

 

“Would you come home immediately if I got sick?” he asked in a super cute voice.

 

“Nope,” I answered immediately, causing his face to fall. “I’ll immediately call Taeyeon and ask her to come take care of you.”

 

Baekhyun’s face contorted.

 

“That’s not funny, Hanna,” he said, glaring at me.

 

“Then what is?” I countered, chuckling a bit. I began joking about Taeyeon a few nights back. I found it to be really helpful in lessening my fear. At least I don’t get too intimidated of her now than I did before.

 

“Just…” he began and broke off. He stared at me intently. “I don’t want to hear you pushing me towards her again, Hanna. I don’t feel good about it.”

 

This made me stop.

 

“I… Sorry…” I muttered, ducking my head in guilt.

 

Baekhyun seemed to feel bad all of a sudden.

 

He shifted from his place and held his phone in an angle where I could see almost whole of his body. He’s sitting on his bed, his legs crossed underneath him. He had on a plain white round-neck shirt and black pj’s. He looked stunning.

 

“I didn’t mean to offend you, Hanna. It’s just…” he stopped, looking for the right words. “I just don’t want to hear you teasing me about her… It makes me feel like you wanted me to be with her instead of you… You understand that, do you? You know I want no one else but you?”

 

I sighed and nodded my head.

 

“How can I argue with you if you’re being like that?” I murmured almost to myself.

 

I heard Baekhyun laugh from the other line, finally cheered up again.

 

“Aren’t I too sweet?” he said smugly, blinking his eyes cutely at me.

 

I pretended to make a puking sound.

 

“Stop that!” I scolded.

 

Baekhyun doubled over.

 

“But seriously, Hanna,” he said after regaining his composure. “I really miss you.”

 

I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him.

 

“For real!” he defended. “Everything feels weird when you’re gone. I know the other boys feel it, too.”

 

“Well, I do miss them actually,” I blurted.

 

Baekhyun flinched.

 

“What about me?” he asked, his voice toning down.

 

“How would I miss you if we literally talk for hours each passing night?” I teased, curious for his reaction.

 

My mouth fell when the screen suddenly turned black.

 

Baekhyun had just ended the call.

 

I scoffed in disbelief.

 

He did not do that, I thought to myself – already getting annoyed.

 

I tried calling him again but he did not answer.

 

I tried for another few times but still, he remained intact.

 

Oh, so you want it this way, huh?

 

I put my phone away and prepared myself to sleep, entirely decided not to talk to him ‘til he approaches me on his own. I lay on my bed and closed my eyes.

 

Almost half an hour later, I wasn’t able to get even a blink of sleep. I kept turning on my bed over and over, Baekhyun and I’s situation bugging me from inside my brain.

 

Frustrated, I sat up and grabbed my phone from underneath my pillow.

 

Still no signs of him.

 

I was about to call him again when a knock sounded through my door.

 

I immediately stood up to check, wondering who would want to see me during such an unearthly hour.

 

I admit, I wasn’t quite surprised to see Dad standing outside.

 

“Yes, Dad?” I asked, stepping out of my room. “Is there anything you need?”

 

Dad gave me a faint smile.

 

“Just like the old times, baby?” he said, offering me his hand.

 

It didn’t even take me a minute to get what he means. Beaming, I took his hand and both we went out of the house.

 

 

***

 

 

“Ohh, I missed this,” I whispered as I breathed in the scent of water and salt.

 

“Careful, kiddo. You wouldn’t want to hurt yourself,” Dad warned, offering his hand again. I was bidding my time balancing myself through the trail of  boulders scattered along the sea. I giggled and took his hand, jumping down to stand beside him.

 

“Why did you ask me out here, Dad?” I asked curiously.

 

Dad only gave me a faint smile and tugged me towards the beach.

 

From afar, my attention was caught by a flickering light. As we got nearer, I realized it wasn’t a light at all. It was a fire. A picnic blanket was sprawled against the white sand, a figure sitting on it.

 

It took me a minute to realize who it was.

 

Turning to face us, I realized who the figure is.

 

It’s Mom.

 

“Mom?” I blurted in surprise. My eyes wandered off from Dad to her back and forth. What is this?

 

Mom stood up from her seat and walked towards us.

 

“You seem too surprised to see me here, darling,” she said, inclining her head to the side.

 

“I… uhh… I…” I stammered.

 

I felt Dad chuckle behind me.

 

“We’re here for some interrogation, sweetie,” he said.

 

Though I know he’s joking, what he said was enough to make me gulp and take a step back.

 

“Wha… What about, Dad?” I blurted, nervousness slowly eating me.

 

Mom smiled nicely.

 

“Don’t worry, dear. We just have a few questions to ask you,” she comforted.

 

But I didn’t feel any comforted at all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter