Chapter 13

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

“Aish!” Sehun said for the nth time. He leaned his head on the table, frustrated. “What are we going to do, hyung?” he asked to no one in specific.

 

“We can write a song or we can wait. It’s any of the two,” Suho answered, taking a sip of his coffee.

 

We are now at the cafeteria, taking a coffee break just like the boys said. Everyone is in low spirit. They’ve been stressing about their album for the whole while that I cannot help but feel depressed, too. 

 

“What would happen if you couldn’t find a song, oppa?” I asked, curious. 

 

“Our comeback will be delayed,” Kyungsoo replied. Sehun sighed once more and buried his head in his hands. “I’ve been really looking forward to this comeback, though,” Sehun muttered under his breath.

 

I wanted to comfort him but I cannot find the right words. It’s okay? I don’t quite understand why people say those words. How can something be okay when it really isn’t in the first place?

 

“Guess we’ll just have to try our luck. Write some songs. Maybe we can do it. Ask the guys in China for help. Maybe they have some ideas,” Chanyeol spoke. He and Baekhyun have been so quiet I cannot help but feel worried. I already got used to them always fooling around.

 

“There’s not much time, Chanyeol. If we have to compose, it has to be finished in three days. We still have to do our recording, rehearsals, pictorials...” Suho answered. He took another sip of his coffee. This has been his second cup, I wonder if I should ask him to stop now. He already had a fair dose of caffeine in his body.

 

The other members sighed again. I cannot help but stare at them. I wish I could do something, but I don’t think there’s anything I can help.

 

“What’s with all that sour faces?” someone suddenly spoke. I look up to see SHINee’s Taemin sitting beside Kai, his arm draped over his shoulders. I didn’t even notice him coming here. I stared, taking him all in. He looked gorgeous.

 

“Comeback problems,” Kai replied, his voice neutral.

 

“What happened?” Taemin looked at the members questioningly. He stopped when he laid his eyes on me. “Oh. Hi,” he said, waving his hand timidly. I smiled and gave him a polite bow. 

 

“Who’s she?” I heard him whisper to Kai.

 

“She’s Han Na, our new trainee,” Kai explained. His voice came out bored which is very unlikely of him. 

 

Taemin raised an eyebrow. “Trainee? But why is she...”

 

“She lives with us,” Baekhyun blurted. 

 

Taemin look stunned. “What?”

 

“The CEO wanted her to live with us,” Baekhyun added. Why are they so lifeless? I am trying my best to understand them but their temper’s really getting into me. 

 

“Why?” Taemin asked again. The members only shrugged. Unabashed, he countinued, “Why not let here live with us? Why choose you?”

 

“Ya!” Kai reacted. He playfully hit Taemin in the head. “What’s wrong with living with us? Besides, do you have a spare room in your dorm just like ours? Where would she live there?”

 

Taemin shrugged like it was no big deal, “We can always kick-out Minho, hyung.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter