Chapter 10

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

“At last!!!” Baekhyun exclaimed, stretching his arms. I heard his bones snap. I fought back a chuckle. 

 

“My hurts,” Chanyeol said, holding his backside. 

 

“Ya! Is that a proper thing to say in front of a lady?” Suho scolded. He pretended to hit Chanyeol who playfully nudged with his hand and ran upstairs. Suho followed him and so was the other members. I stood at the door, looking at them. 

 

“Shall I show you your room?” Manager Song suddenly said. I didn’t even notice she was already standing behind me.

 

“O-Okay.” I replied. She walked towards the same direction the boys went and I followed suit. We are now at the EXO’s dormitory. It wasn’t something I had expected or imagined in my mind. I was picturing something like an apartment-type but it wasn’t. It is a normal house. Painted white with shades of black and gray. It has two floors. At first I thought the dormitory was too large but then again, EXO has 12 members. They’re going to need pretty much space. 

 

We went upstairs and was welcomed by 7 doors placed one after the other - probably the boys’ bedrooms. Manager Song opened the door at the end of the hall and motioned for me to come in.

 

“This will be your room. It was supposed to be mine but I never used it. You can decorate it according to your taste. No problem,” she said. I scanned the room. It was pretty much empty - a bed at the center, a desk with a lamp beside the bed, a study table, a vanity mirror, a floor-to-ceiling closet, and a sliding window that connects to the balcony. It was in the same shades of white and black and gray. I suddenly missed my room back in our house. It wasn’t this large but it was the best for me. It has my every imprint, my memories. This room felt foreign - empty.

 

“Your luggage’s right there. You can start unpacking things. I’ll be leaving now. The boys are in the rooms next to yours, they’re probably taking a shower. You can come to them if you ever needed anything. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” 

 

I nodded. 

 

“It’s okay. You’ll get used to it. Don’t be afraid to tell me anything, okay? I’m always just a call away.” She patted my head and left. 

 

I sprawled on the bed. 

 

Yeah, I’ll get used to this soon enough. 

 

I started unpacking my things. There wasn’t much. Just a few of my decent looking shirts and blouses, a few pants, my favorite sweaters and hoodies, and two pairs of shoes. I placed them in the closet, separating them according to color. I also brought some of my favorite books and arranged them on the table, in case I needed some good read. Lastly, I found the photos I brought - carefully hidden between the pages of my books. I ought to bring my cork board but thought it would look weird so I decided to unpin the stuffs I put there and bring it with me instead. I inserted the photos at the edge of the mirror and smiled to myself, at least this room’s starting to become more of mine. 

 

Once everything was put in their proper places, I rushed downstairs. It’s almost dinner time and I forgot I had volunteered to cook. 

 

I left my room and heard a door open behind me. I turned around and saw D.O., his hair still wet from shower. I was able to see a bit of his room before he finally closed the door shut. 

 

“Hi,” I greeted, shyly bowing my head. 

 

He bowed his head in return and spoke, “You headed to the kitchen?”

 

“Ah, yes. I had to start cooking,” I replied. My palms began to sweat and my heart began to race. Goodness. 

 

He smiled and said, “I’ll show you the way.”

 

He began walking downstairs and I had no choice but to follow behind him. We arrived at their living room. He took a right turn and there was their kitchen. 

 

The first thing I noticed in the room was the large black table at the center. I counted the chairs and there was only six. 

 

“We only use the table when the EXO-M members are not around. We usually eat at the living room when they’re here,” D.O. suddenly said, answering the question inside my head. How did he knew what I was thinking?

 

I nodded again. 

 

I further scanned the room and found that there was nothing special about their kitchen. A sleek gray refrigerator, dishwasher, dryer, stove. Everything looked like it came out of a television drama. D.O. is sitting on a stool at the kitchen’s island table and is staring at me with a curious look in his eyes.

 

“There’s the refrigerator. You can check the ingredients and see what you can cook with it,” he said, pointing the refrigerator with a finger. 

 

I nodded again and went on to check the refrigerator’s contents. I want to talk to him so bad but I don’t know what to say. His presence is a bit intimidating. Especially those eyes... 

 

I shook my head, willing myself to concentrate.

 

I opened the refrigerator door and to my surprise, there was much food inside. I can work on this.

 

Getting all the ingredients I need, I placed them on the kitchen counter and began working. 

 

I was carefully washing the zucchini when a hand suddenly grabbed me by the arm. Surprised, I let go of the zucchini and it fell noisily at the sink. I looked up and saw D.O. He looked stunned.

 

“I... I’m sorry to scare you but...” He raised his hand. He was holding something like a cloth. 

 

“What’s that?” I asked, eyeing his hand carefully.

 

He chuckled and said, “Apron. I think you might need it.”

 

“Oh, thanks,” I replied, suddenly feeling stupid.

 

He handed it to me and I immediately wore it. I began working to tie the lace at my back but my hand wasn’t helping. I was shaking, I don’t even know why. 

 

D.O., probably noticing how much struggle I have, grabbed the laces out of my hand. 

 

“Let me help you,” he said as he slowly tied the laces into a knot. 

 

“T-Thanks.” Blood rushed to my face. I spun towards the sink and continued washing the zucchini, my hands shaking more violently. 

 

What’s happening to you. Get a grip, Han Na.

 

D.O. went back to his seat at the island. This gave me a bit of comfort. 

 

Breathe in. Breathe out. Calm yourself, Han Na. Calm yourself. I repeated to myself over and over.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter