Chapter 27

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Second update for today! I just want to remind everyone that if you're not familiar with Taylor Swift's Enchanted, I advise you to come listen to it before reading this chapter. It would help you visualize the story more. Have fun reading! And don't forget to leave your comments. I'm having so much fun hearing from you.  <3 <3

 

 

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

“I’m sorry boys but I think you and Han Na will be parting ways again for today,” Manager Song announced the moment we arrived at the company’s parking lot.

 

The boys gave a massive sound of annoyance and disappointment.

 

“But Manager---”

 

“No but’s Mister Oh,” Manager cut Sehun off.

 

“We haven’t been with noona for a while!” Sehun still continued.

 

Manager rolled her eyes at him. “What do you mean for a while? You’ve been with her yesterday and you’ll be with her again tonight. So off you go. You still have your pictorials awaiting you,” she scolded as she pushed the boys back into the two vans. Sehun attempted to argue again but Manager stopped him by closing the door on his face. I almost laughed because of hilarity. I waved the boys goodbye as the vans slowly drove away from us.

 

“You have something to do today, Han Na,” Manager suddenly said to me. My eyes that have been following the boys’ van from afar shifted towards her.

 

“What is it, Manager?” I inquired.

 

She gave me a faint smile and replied, “You’ll figure it out soon. Follow me.”

 

And so I did. We entered the building and made our way just like we always do. We rode the elevator and I was about to press three when Manager suddenly stopped me and pressed two instead. I looked at her questioningly but she didn’t answer me. We left the elevator soon enough and began walking, me quietly trailing behind her.

 

The place suddenly felt familiar to me. I was currently in the state of squeezing my brain for information when Manager suddenly stopped and opened the door to a room. We went inside and I suddenly realized what I had been trying so hard to remember.

 

A view of the recording studio welcomed me.

 

“I think you already know what you’re about to do,” Manager said, smiling radiantly at me.

 

I gulped and nodded. I think so, too. 

 

“You’ll be recording today,” she began but seeing the sudden change in my expression, she then added, “Don’t worry, it’s not for your debut. We just want to hear you sing and perhaps know the range of your vocals. You can freely choose the song and tell Director Lee so he could arrange the piece for you.”

 

I looked around and saw the guy arranging the microphone in the mirrored room. I take him to be Director Lee.

 

Manager Song left to give me space but said that she’ll be back in 15 minutes with a set of audience. I sat on the couch, trying to think of a good song to sing while having to calm myself to get rid of the building anxiety inside me.

 

“Already picked your choice?” Director Lee suddenly spoke. I almost forgot he’s in the room with me. 

 

“Is it okay if I would sing something in English?” I inquired. There’s this song that’s been constantly popping inside my head. I really wanted to sing it but I don’t know if they would like it.

 

Director Lee shrugged and answered, “Sure. Whatever that makes you comfortable.”

 

I decided to go with the song since my guts are telling me to push through with it. I stood up and gave Director Lee the song I chose. Within minutes, the instrumental is already set. 

 

I was currently preparing myself inside the mirrored room when Manager Song entered, a group of people following behind her. I felt a fresh new wave of anxiety wash over me. They’re not just some audience - they’re real audiences - like the realest of the real. 

 

Manager Song gave me a thumbs up as she sat on the couch, BoA, TVXQ’s Changmin, Super Junior’s Kyuhyun, SHINee’s Jonghyun, SNSD’s Taeyeon, and f(x)’s Luna seating beside her. My insides started flipping. When she told me audience, I expected some Managers and other Music Directors, not some actual Idols - the vocal lines to be exact. I felt my palms sweating.

 

“This recording would be filmed, okay Han Na? We need to know if you register greatly on cam. So just calm down and put your soul into it, you understand?” Manager Song spoke through a microphone, surprising me when her voice suddenly rang on my headphones. I nodded and took a deep breath. You can do it, Han Na. You can do it. Pretend like they’re not there. You can do it, I told myself over and over. 

 

Director Lee gave the signal. “We’ll start on the count of 1... 2... 3...” 

 

And the music started.

 

“There I was again tonight, forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you...”

 

I began as the memories started flooding my head like a blur. I remembered our first meeting, the way he talked and joked to me, the way he made me laugh. We were so normal back then, until everything suddenly shifted. 

 

“Your eyes whispered ‘have we met?’ across the room, your silhouette
Starts to make it's way to me
The playful conversation starts, counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy...”

 

I started feeling different towards him - like unknowingly, I would just find myself slowly thinking about him, slowly pushing myself closer to him. Suddenly, I found myself looking for him each passing day - like a day wouldn’t be called a day without him.

 

“And it was enchanting to meet you...
All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you...”
 

I always knew I had a reason to be here - a reason why I was taken into this place. Maybe all along I just didn’t notice, maybe all along I was doing the right thing, maybe all along I ended up here because I have to meet him - I am destined to meet him. And it was one of the most wonderful things that ever happened to me.

 

“This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you...”

 

Because of him, having nightmares at 2:57 every single day doesn’t feel like a bad thing. Because of him, staying up late at night doesn’t feel like a bad thing. Because of him, having dark circles under my eyes due to sleepless nights doesn’t feel like a bad thing. He made every bad thing feel like it is right - like it is worth it.

 

“The lingering question kept me up, 2am, who do you love?
I wonder till I'm wide awake
Now I'm pacing back and forth, wishing you were at my door
I'd open up and you would say...“ 

 

There comes the moments when I felt like he might feel the same way towards me - that I’m not the only one who’s going to jump into this dangerous fall. When I think about the night we spent together - meeting each other at the kitchen every 3AM, him staying inside my room to sing me to sleep, him holding me in his arms, him kissing me... I thought it could be me. But it wasn’t.

 

“Hey, it was enchanting to meet you...
All I know is I was enchanted to meet you...”

 

But regardless of how he feels... No matter how much one-sided this love seems to be... I know that my feelings won’t change for him. It’d still remain. Even if I had to keep it to myself. It would still remain.

 

“This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew...

This night is flawless, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you...”
 

I wish he knew. I wish I could tell him. But every time I try, reality just hits me back. How can you love someone who loves someone else? In the end, I can do nothing. In the end, I always wait for every dose of attention he gives me and hopes that those attention would satisfy me. But in the end... I always crave for more. And more is such a horrible thing.

 

“This is me praying that this was the very first page
Not where the story line ends
My thoughts will echo your name until I see you again
These are the words I held back as I was leaving too soon~
I was enchanted to meet you...”

 

Many times I thought to myself that maybe it is better for me to let go, maybe it would be safer and less painful. Many times I wished we could be normal again. But I know it’s already too late. I’ve started to fall way down low and no one, no one’s going to catch me in the end.

 

“Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you”
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you...”

 

I wish I could say these things. But how can I? How can I ask him of these when I know he already loved her too long ago even before he knew I existed? How can I ruin something that’s already been built even before I came?

 

“This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew...

That this night is flawless, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you...

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you...”
 

 

The song ended and so are my thoughts. I felt them as they slowly slip away from me - the words that will forever be left unsaid.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter