Chapter 16

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

I sat bolt upright.

 

I touched my face and my hands came away wet with perspiration. I drew slow deep breaths, trying to calm myself. 

 

The dream is back again. 

 

It has been for the past few days.

 

I left my room and headed towards the kitchen, the light from my phone - the only thing that guides me in the dark. I opened the refrigerator and poured myself a glass of water. I stood in front of the kitchen counter, staring blankly at the sink as I recollect the images of my previous dreams.

 

My hands began to shake. 

 

“It’s only a dream. It’s only a dream,” I repeated to myself in the dark. “It’s only a dream, Han Na.”

 

I covered my face with my hands just as the light in the kitchen suddenly . 

 

“AHHHHHH!!!”

 

***

 

 

[Byun Baek Hyun’s POV]

 

I turned and closed my eyes.

 

Sleep. You have to sleep.

 

I turned again. 

 

What’s wrong with you, Baekhyun. Sleep.

 

I buried my face in the pillow, my eyes tightly shut.

 

“Get out of my head,” I groaned. 

 

I’ve been in and out of sleep for the past few hours, barely getting enough rest. I close my eyes and the images would just flash back. I sleep and the images would haunt me in my dream. 

 

I sat upright and threw the pillow in frustration. 

 

“Why can’t you just leave me alone?!” I spoke to no one in particular. “Why can’t I just forget about you?” I buried my face in my hands, feeling miserable than ever before. The images came again.

 

A girl leaning on someone’s shoulder.

 

A girl holding someone’s hand.

 

Han Na and Kyungsoo.

 

I saw them the moment I entered the practice room, right after Taeyeon and I talked. Han Na was sleeping, her head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. The thought made me cringe.

 

I have been trying my whole best not to notice, not to look at them, but it seems like my eyes have a mind of their own. It just keeps going back to them, giving me those unfamiliar sickening feeling. 

 

Then Manager Ji Hye arrived and Kyungsoo had to wake her up. I watched as her eyes surveyed the room. They landed on mine. I stared at her bravely but she looked away. 

 

My eyes never left her.

 

I watched as she held Kyungsoo’s hand. That time, my mind was so full of emotions I have never even felt before. I forced myself to look away, not being able to take it any longer. 

 

And now here I am, suffering like an idiot. What’s happening to me? What does this girl do to me?

 

I left my bed and went downstairs. A glass of water might help me think straight.

 

I made my way in the dark. I fumbled on the wall, looking for the light switch, just as I heard a faint sound coming from the kitchen. I stepped closer, trying to listen. It was a female’s voice and she was... ? crying? A shiver run through me. I placed my hand on the wall and found the switch directly beneath my fingertips. I breathe and the light.

 

A woman is standing in the kitchen, her back on me. She has long wavy hair, a direct contrast to her plain white nightdress. She raised her head as soon as the lights were on.

 

“AHHH!!!” I screamed. I took a few steps backwards but my back hit the wall. I fell to the floor and immediately hid my face between my knees. I heard footsteps and they are coming near me. “Go away! Don’t come near me!” I yelled, sticking closer to the wall. I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I break away, pushing the hand harshly. 

 

“Ouch! Oppa, calm down, it’s me,” the voice spoke. I looked up to see Han Na kneeling in front of me, her face looks stricken. 

 

“Ha... Han Na?” I stared at her for a moment then I gasped, realizing what I just did. “Are you okay? Did I hurt you?” I grabbed her hand and checked it for possible bruises. Thank God, there was none.

 

“It’s okay, oppa. I’m alright,” she said, taking her hand away. I suddenly felt like I’ve been hit in the stomach. So Kyungsoo is allowed to hold her hand but I am not? I erased the thought, eventually hating myself for even thinking about it. 

 

“What are you doing here, oppa?” she asked. I noticed she’s already back on her feet. I stood up.

 

“I can ask you the same thing,” I countered.

 

She smiled. “I was thirsty so I grabbed something to drink.”

 

I looked at the kitchen sink. Sure enough, an empty glass is placed there. “I’m thirsty, too,” I answered and she took off. She grabbed a glass from the cabinet and filled it with water. She placed it on the island table and took a seat on one of the stool

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter