Chapter 14

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

It’s 7AM and I’m already storming out of my room. Fresh from the bath and my bed fixed, I had everything worked out. All... except one.

 

I knocked on the door.

 

None.

 

I knocked again, 

 

Once.

 

Twice.

 

Thrice.

 

I was on my fourth attempt when the door finally burst open.

 

Chanyeol was standing in front of me in his white v-neck shirt and pj’s. His hair stuck out in different directions, still ruffled from his sleep. I gaped.  How can someone so disheveled still look so gloriously good?

 

With his eyes only halfway open he said, “What’s wrong, Han Na?” 

 

His low manly voice sounded so groggy I almost laughed. “You need to wake up, oppa. There’s something I need to show you.”

 

“Can’t we just do it later? I’m going to sleep,” he said and marched back to his room. He was about to close the door when I placed a firm hand on the door knob, stopping him. 

 

“Han Na,” he groaned, his eyes already tightly shut. I reached for his arm and tugged on it. “Please, oppa? This is really important, I promise.” 

 

He opened one lazy eye and looked at me. This time, he gave up. With a sigh, he went out of his room just as I saw his guitar leaning on his wall.

 

“Oppa, I think we’ll be needing your guitar,” I said, pointing the instrument. He sighed again but went back his room, carefully unpinning it from the wall. We descended the stairs and settled at the living room. 

 

“So what’s this about, Han Na?” He is in a bad mood. I cannot blame him, though. I would also be pissed if I were to be woken up in the middle of a slumber. I handed him my notebook, already opened to the page I was writing on last night. 

 

He stared at the page while I stared at him, waiting for his reaction. I watched as his face turned from sleepy to serious to surprise. He put the notebook down and looked at me wide-eyed, his mouth hanging open. 

 

“Y-You wrote this?” he said, both disbelief and amusement in his voice. 

 

I nodded. "I wrote it last night. I have almost everything cleared up but it still needs some furnishing. I was hoping you could help me.”

 

Chanyeol just stared at me. I waited for his answer but he wouldn’t budge. I almost thought he fell asleep with his eyes open.

 

“Oppa, are you---” I was waving my hand in front of him, trying to see if he’s still awake, when he suddenly grabbed it. Our hands touched and I felt myself went still. 

 

“Han Na, this is amazing,” he said, looking at me straight in the eye. My palm began to sweat so I immediately freed it from his grasp. 

 

Shaking, I spoke to him, “It still lacks some rap part and also music, perhaps. I’m not so good in playing instruments so I figured I could ask you for some help.”

 

He nodded hastily. “Of course. Of course, I’ll help you.” He took the notebook again and handed it to me. “Sing it, so I can figure out how the melody works.”

 

I obeyed. I cleared my throat and began.

 

“Gateun narae taeeonaseo gateun eoneoro mareul haeseo
Cham haenguniya, cham dahaengiya
Sesange dangyeonhan geon eobseo”

 

I looked at Chanyeol as I sang the first verse. He already had the guitar in his hands and was staring intently at the floor, nodding his head to the beat. I was on the second verse when he started strumming his guitar. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter