Chapter 15

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

We arrived at the company and now on our way to the practice room but the boys hasn’t calmed down a bit. The news that their comeback might proceed as planned brought them huge waves of excitement and delight that they have been cheering loudly even as we left the van, entered the building, rode the elevator, and right now, walking down the hallway. We were about to turn towards the right wing when two ladies suddenly appeared in our sight. 

 

SNSD’s Tiffany and Taeyeon. 

 

My mouth went slack. They look gorgeous on magazines and televisions but their physical appearance is literally no joke. They look like walking barbie dolls. 

 

“Hey boys,” Tiffany was first to speak. Goodness, her voice.

 

“Hi noona,” the boys answered in chorus. They bowed their heads and I did the same, my eyes not leaving the two ladies. 

 

“Off to practice?” Taeyeon was the one to speak this time. 

 

“Yes, noona. We need to work hard,” Suho answered, smiling politely. 

 

Taeyeon smiled back. Her eyes wandered around the hall but stopped when she met mine. The members might have sensed she was staring at me because Baekhyun suddenly stepped forward and gently held me by the arm. 

 

“This is Sol Han Na, our company’s newest trainee,” he said. His voice was so filled with admiration I actually felt myself blush. I bowed towards the two ladies.

 

“Oh, nice to meet you, Han Na,” Tiffany said, extending her hand. 

 

“Nice to meet you, too, eonnie.” I shook it gratefully. She smiled at me and I cannot help but smile back. Her eye smile is pretty dazzling. 

 

“Welcome to the company, Han Na,” Taeyeon said. We also shake hands.

 

“Well, let’s not disturb them on their practice, shall we? Come on,” Tiffany said, pulling Taeyeon, who resisted. 

 

“I think I’ll speak with Baekhyun for a while,” Taeyeon spoke, freeing her hand from Tiffany’s grasp. “Do you have time?” she asked, eyeing Baekhyun. I suddenly felt like I was disturbing some private moment so I stepped back, settling myself beside Kyungsoo. 

 

Baekhyun nodded and followed Taeyeon as she walked towards the left wing. Tiffany was left, following them with her gaze. She sighed, “Well, I better get going. Goodluck, boys! Fighting!” And she ran down the hallway. 

 

The boys started to head towards the practice room. I looked at the left wing, but Baekhyun was nowhere in sight.

 

“He’ll come back, later,” Kyungsoo spoke, answering the question inside my head again. His super power should’ve been telepathy. It’s much more suitable, I thought to myself. “Let’s go.” He walked, I followed.

 

We entered the practice room and I immediately sat on the floor. I can sleep in here for a while. I leaned my head on the wall and closed my eyes. 

 

“You never told us how you were able to write that song,” someone spoke. I opened my eyes and saw Kyungsoo sitting across me, his face serious. The other members joined us, waiting to hear my answer.

 

I sighed and began to explain, "Well, first, I thought what kind of song to write. I figured it would be great if I could make something that would sound like you are talking to your fans, like you’re addressing it to them. Then I began writing.” 

 

“But finishing a whole song in one night? That’s amazing, Han Na,” Suho said, his eyes glinting. 

 

I shrugged. “I don’t know... I think being a fan of yours made it a little bit easier since I can grasp the emotions pretty well.”

 

Kai laughed and ruffled my hair. “You’re our number one, fan.”

 

I spread my arms wide and inclined my head. “The one and only.”

 

This gesture made the others laugh. “We owe you bigtime. Is there anything we can do for you?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Oh come on, oppa. We’re still not sure if it’s going to be accepted,” I countered.

 

“I’m pretty sure it will be,” Kyungsoo spoke, sounding so sure.

 

I decided to joke around. “Well, a signed album of yours is enough, oppa.”

 

They bursted in fits of laughter.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter