Chapter 39

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 39

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

“The only scenes left to film for today is the one you’ll have with Luhan and a few more with Taeyong,” Manager Song said as her gaze shifted to the boys sitting on the couch. “You’ll come with us, Luhan, of course. But since the music show isn’t going to start not until later afternoon, I’m thinking about including the other boys as well.”

 

It took a moment for the boys to understand what Manager Song said and when they did, they exploded in extreme happiness.

 

“Whoa, Manager! Really? You’re going to let us come?” Tao exclaimed. Manager nodded in his direction, smiling brightly. He hugged Sehun out of pure delight and they jumped around the living room.

 

“Then we will just come to the music show together with Hanna. Is that right, Manager?” Suho asked.

 

“Yep, that would be right,” she answered. “Looks like Hanna’s going to be able to watch live again,” she said to me with a wink.

 

“Daebak!” Luhan mused, draping an arm over me. “We’ll surely need your support for today, Hanna. We need to take home that second win!”

 

I nudged him playfully. “Of course you will. No doubt about that, oppa.”

 

The boys and I immediately headed off towards the house in Suwon District. A mix of emotions has been running through me – excitement, anxiety, and most of all, embarrassment. I’m so glad that the boys would be able to watch me but remembering how much Baekhyun hates Taeyong, I cannot help but be scared about what he’ll say or do once we began filming another one of those romantic scenes. I hope he learns how to cope up with them. I can’t have him bursting right there.

 

My hand automatically went to my lips.

 

I remembered how he kissed me last night with much intensity.

 

Maybe he was really jealous of Taeyong and too scared that I would leave him.

 

I almost rolled my eyes.

 

As if that would happen.

 

Now that I come to think of it, Baekhyun is my first love. I can’t remember any moment in my past that I ever fell in love with another opposite . It was only him. I suddenly felt afraid and anxious. I hope I’m doing everything right. Who knows if Baekhyun had a relationship in the past? I wouldn’t want him getting disappointed in me just because of my lack in experiences.

 

 Kyungsoo spoke beside me, piquing my attention, “Are you okay, Hanna?”

 

I turned to look at him. “Y-Yes, oppa,” I answered.

 

“You look like you’re thinking about something. Is anything wrong?” he urged.

 

I shook my head and gave him a faint smile. “Nothing, oppa. I was only thinking about what might happen later.”

 

He smiled back and patted my head. “Don’t worry, everything’s going to turn out fine. You’ll finish your shoot and who knows, maybe we’ll get to bring home another trophy.”

 

“I’ll wait for it,” I said, beaming.

 

Kyungsoo offered me his shoulder again and I slept on it during the whole way.

 

I woke up with a tap on my arm.

 

“Looks like we’re here, Hanna,” Kyungsoo said, his eyes focused outside the window.

 

I looked around and realized he was right. I bolted upright, trying to fix my hair.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled beside me, “Don’t worry, you look fine,” he said.

 

I nodded my head in embarrassment.

 

The members had already left the van and only the two of us remained. Kyungsoo accompanied me as I stepped outside.

 

“Let’s go and get started,” Manager Song ordered. The thirteen of us followed her as she entered the house.

 

The materials were already set up when we arrived. Teacher Kang, who was in conversation with one of the camera men, stopped when he saw us.

 

“Boys!” he exclaimed as he walked towards us. He gave each of them a hug. I raised an eyebrow. I wasn't aware that they know one another.

 

“They also undergone acting workshops with him during their pre-debut,” Manager Song whispered in my ear. How come she always seems to know what’s going on inside my head?

 

“Ahh…” I mused, nodding my head understanding.

 

“Hanna, Taeyong’s upstairs. You better head in there too so you could change your outfit,” Teacher Kang told me as his gaze shifted back to Luhan. “You can just prepare later. We’ll finish first the last few scenes of Taeyong and Hanna before we get to you.”

 

I left the boys and immediately headed upstairs, eyeing Baekhyun before I go. He already looked worried.

 

Sure enough, Taeyong was already there when I entered. He’s currently being styled by his make-up artist.

 

“Good morning, noona,” he said in between of brushes held by the stylist.

 

“Good morning, Taeyong,” I greeted back.

 

“You look stressed out already,” he pointed. I stared at myself in the mirror and he was right – I do look kind of stressed out.

 

“The boys came with me here today. I can’t help but feel a bit anxious,” I confessed, taking a deep breath.

 

Taeyong seems to tense a bit, too. “Oh… I guess that’s something…” he murmured.

 

I left him to change into the clothes my stylist handed me. I went back later but Taeyong was nowhere in sight. I took the chair he sat on earlier.

 

“Where’s Taeyong?” I asked the stylist.

 

“He’s downstairs, Miss Hanna. Manager Song called him out a while ago. She wanted him to meet the boys, I think,” the stylist answered. My eyebrows raised in surprise.

 

“Manager did?” I blurted.

 

The stylist only nodded in response.

 

A shiver went through me.

 

What is Manager Song planning, exactly?

 

The stylist finished prepping me up and I immediately headed downstairs to check on the boys. They seem to be in so much fun.

 

“Oh, here’s Hanna!” Kai announced upon seeing me. I went over to them, ducking my head a bit. I can’t help but feel embarrassed towards them especially now that I have make-up on and properly dressed up. I’m still used to facing them simple.

 

“Whoa,” Xiumin mused as he stared at me from head to toe and back again. “You look gorgeous.”

 

I blushed. “Stop doing that, oppa,” I told him off. I’m not really used to getting too much attention, especially praises.

 

“But you really look good, Hanna,” Lay agreed and added, “That outfit really suits you.”

 

I was wearing a plain white dress, cut off just above my knees. I blushed a shade darker.

 

“Let’s take a picture, Hanna!” Kris demanded, angling his phone towards the two of us. He placed an arm over my shoulder. I smiled just in time before the shutter went off.

 

The others boys began taking their phones out, waiting to take a picture with me. I finished all of them in a rush, getting to Baekhyun last. My heartbeat quickened when he placed his hand behind my back. I hope I didn’t look awkward in our photo.

 

My gaze shifted to Taeyong standing rather awkwardly at the corner. He looked lost and totally out of place. Feeling guilty, I decided to approach him – though knowing full well that Baekhyun would have his eyes on us. I can handle him later. He has the boys for company while Taeyong has none. He must have a heart.

 

“You okay?” I asked as I stood beside him. “Why are you so quiet?”

 

“N-Nothing, noona,” he replied, scratching his head. “I just don’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter