Chapter 7

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

“NOW?” I blurted. 

 

“Now,” she repeated patiently. “We have to leave now so we can be at the company by the afternoon. I think it’s better for you to find your family now. You know... Talk to them. Say goodbye.”

 

I nodded helplessly and excused myself, knowing the right place to look for them. I went out of the house, half walking and half running. I reached my destination almost instantly and saw them there - sprawled on the seashore.

 

I walked slowly towards them, feeling the sudden lump on my throat. 

 

“Mom. Dad,” I began. 

 

They both looked up and smiled at me. I tried to return the smile but I know mine came out fake and pained. Their faces suddenly turned serious. Dad stood up and walked towards me, holding my hand.

 

“What’s wrong, dear?” he asked, worry in his voice.

 

“We’ve made the deal, Dad. The contract’s already settled,” I replied.

 

“Well, that’s good right?” he said. 

 

I nodded helplessly.

 

“Then why do you look so sad?” Dad asked again, lifting my head so I would look at him. 

 

I sighed and turned away from his grip. Mom stood up and joined us. Ryu Jin who’s carefully building a sand castle from afar sensed the change in atmosphere and started coming our way, too.

 

Unwillingly, I answered, “I’m leaving now”.

 

 

***

 

Everything happened so fast - Dad, Mom, and Ryu Jin hurrying back to the house, me helplessly following them from behind, Dad and Ryu Jin carrying the luggage I’ve prepared last night, and of course, the farewell.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter