Chapter 8

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

“Come in.”

 

I felt my heart froze. We’re here. We’re really here. I remembered the first time I met the CEO and how I’ve acted in front of him - how I rejected him. And now I am here. To work for him. Under my own bidding. Where did I even get the confidence to make such a deal like that?

 

I felt so embarrassed and much more than that... nervous. What if he doesn’t want to hire me anymore? What if he only brought me here to say how stupid and foolish I am to say such conditions to him? What would I do?

 

I looked at Manager Song Ji Hye, my eyes questioning if I really have to do this. Can I just face him some other time? When I finally found confidence, perhaps? But she only smiled and motioned for me to get in and I know I am entirely hopeless. 

 

I took a huge breath and entered. The room was much like as I had imagined it - a huge black desk at the center, a white swivel chair that looks so comfortable to sit on, a black and white sofa, paintings on the walls, and of course a floor-to-ceiling glass window showcasing a more brilliant and dazzling view of the city. I was so amazed for a moment that I almost forgot that I was here to meet the CEO and not for some sightseeing. 

 

The CEO rose from his chair and walked towards us. 

 

“Manager Song, I have to thank you for kindly escorting this young lady today,” he began. Manager Song Ji Hye smiled pleasantly at him and bowed her head. The CEO turned to me and continued, “Welcome to the company, Ms. Han Na. I hope you are enjoying your stay so far.”

 

With all my courage and strength, I tried to smile and answered, “So far so good, Sir.”

 

He smiled triumphantly and motioned us towards the white sofa. “Have a seat.”

 

We immediately obeyed. He, on the other hand, sat on the black sofa opposite us. I felt myself tense. Looking at him and Manager Song, I suddenly felt so poorly dressed. They were both on their formal uniforms while I wear nothing but my used up jeans and long sleeves shirt matched with my already worn-out converse. I shifted on my seat, suddenly feeling so uncomfortable.

 

“Nervous, Miss Sol?” the CEO asked, eyeing me curiously.

 

“Y-Yes, Sir. A bit,” I admitted, ducking my head so that my hair could cover my now heated face.

 

The CEO chuckled, taking me by surprise. “I’m pretty sure Manager Song here already told you that I don’t bite. Or did she forgot about it?”

 

Manager Song also chuckled beside me and said, “I believe I forgot to tell her about it, Sir.”

 

“Oh, what a shame.” The CEO faked a hurt expression.

 

I thought of a better answer or reaction an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter