Chapter 9

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Se Yeon’s POV

 

Ring. Ring. Ring. A phone kept ringing and vibrating on the bathroom counter. Seems like someone forgot their phone here.  I dried my hands with the paper towels before grabbing the phone off the counter. I guess while I was washing my hands, the water sprayed, landing on the phone. I dried the surface of the phone against my light pink pencil skirt. The caller ID said Jong Suk. I looked down at the floors of the bathroom stalls to see whether anyone was there. In the last stall I found a pair of feet, indicating that someone was inside. I knocked on the door of the stall.

 

“Excuse me? Did you leave a phone on the sink counter?” I pressed my ear against the door, hearing the sound of a toilet roll unwinding.

 

“Yes. I left my phone there. Can you hold it for me till I come out?” The girl’s voice familiar to me.

 

“Sure.” I leaned against the sink counter, holding the phone when it rang again. My attention switched over to the sound of someone coming out of the stall. The girl that emerged was Yura! “Yura shi, your phone’s ringing again.” I extended my arm out. Yura grabbed her phone, answering the call.

“Jong Suk shi, hurry over here. I’ll be waiting for you then. Okay.” She hung up pretty quickly.

 

“Thank you Se Yeon shi. I was in a rush to use the bathroom.”

 

“Ahh. Why couldn’t you come to our team dinner last night? Everyone was looking forward to having dinner with you!”

 

“I’m very busy this month. I’m holding an art exhibit in Seoul for the first time, so I’ve been occupied with that. I’m sorry about that. How about I buy dinner tonight? Anywhere!” I smiled at her generous suggestion.

 

“How about we ask the others?” We left the restroom together. In front of my office I clapped my hands, getting the attention of my team members. Yura stood beside me. “Listen up! Yura shi offered to treat us out to a dinner tonight to make up for missing out on last night’s dinner! Where shall we eat?” I received excited shrills and claps in response.

 

“I really want steak. Is that okay Yura shi?” Se Ra shi asked, giving Yura the puppy eyes. Yura chuckled, nodding.

 

“So steak it is!” I announced. “Are you sure? Steak for eight people sounds very expensive…” I said in the elevator with Yura.

“It’s fine. Besides I’m happy to have a delicious with my coworkers. It may be expensive but you surely do get your money’s worth.” I agreed. We were going to the lobby since Yura was going to meet her secretary for a minute to get something and then I was going to give her a tour of the company, for she keeps getting lost. Being the team leader I had the responsibility of my team members, which now included Yura. I stood by the marble pillar, watching a handsome man with much height drop something off to her. She told me that he was her secretary, but from the looks of it they looked awfully close. Close enough to be mistaken as a couple that is.

 

 I looked away, my eyes landing on the Marketing Director, Hong Jong Hyun.  His nickname was the Ice Prince between the female workers at the company. The reason for that is because he’s very reserved, private, and the master of the poker face. We rarely see any type of reaction from him even while eating food. His lack of expressions have earned him that nickname. However I’m certain his heart isn’t made of ice. He’s very kind and considerate to all the employees. At first glance it’s obvious that he’s handsome with his tall height, symmetrical face structure, high nose bridge, and sharp attentive eyes. His stares are sometimes intimidatingly cold, but his good looks melt the coldness away. From his sharp eyes, thin pale pink lips, to his observant and kind personality I’ve fallen under a spell of his allusiveness. I liked him since the first day he arrived, taking the position of the Marketing Team Leader and now two years later he’s the Marketing Director of this company. My eyebrows furrowed together when I noticed his swollen eyes. What had caused them? Right now I was still in the process of becoming closer to him. We were somewhat friends, since he never really calls me. As he walked away with a group of company executives, something around his neck shined in the sunlight. I already knew wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter