Chapter 8

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Songs for this chapter:

Don't Forget by Baek Ji Young

When Will It Be by Yoon Hyun Sang

Jong Hyun's POV

My Ah Youngie stood before me... I almost reached for her, needing to confirm that she was really there. That this wasn't some illusion playing mental tricks on me. What I saw in her eyes reminded me that I was indeed the greedy one. Those bright brown eyes that were filled with joy, love, and life were now filled with worry, anguish, and sadness. All I could see was her. I felt my eyes well up, but I didn't dare to look away in fear of losing sight of her.  

"Yura shi!" A voice brought me back to reality. Sung Joon quickly helped me up. I observed a lanky man in a suit, assisting Ah Youngie to her feet and grabbing her purse for her. Who was he? Maybe a assistant? Bodyguard? Or... boyfriend? 

"Director Hong! Are you alright?" Jin Se Yeon, the design team's leader asked me, glancing at me curiously. I cleared my throat, coming out my trance.

"I'm fine. Are you okay... miss?" My words came slowly and hesitantly. How else was I supposed to address her? I stared intently at her, waiting for a reply.

"I'm okay. Excuse me for my hastiness. I have somewhere I need to be..." Ah Youngie's eyes were trained on the floor as the man wrapped his arm securely around her shoulder, walking her out. The Design Team members stood near the entrance.

"I'm sorry. Maybe dinner next time? Sorry..." She mumbled to them. I guess she was in a hurry to leave, overwhelmed with seeing me. I was too. I held back my tears and urged Sung Joon to drive me home. In my dazed state I plopped down on the couch, staring blankly at the carpet. All I could do was blink. Ah Young ah... where have you been? My mind swarmed with questions that I needed to ask her. I took off my tie, finding it frustrating to have the fabric pressing tightly against my throat. My bump in with Ah Youngie replayed over and over in my memory like a song on repeat. At least she didn't swear me out. With the way I left her, she had every right to despise me. I loudly exhaled, a tear running down my face. 

"Hyung... That was Ah Young. She's Yura Kim."  Sung Joon spoke cautiously, I asumed he was wary of my reaction. 

"She's the renowned artist Yura Kim from Paris. Wow. She suceeded...". My fingers ran through my hair, messing it up. Every time I closed my eyes I would see the scene again. I couldn't be responsible for her pain any more. I needed to let her go, so that I won't cause her pain. Even just seeing her sad made me sad.

"What are you going to do now? She's working at the same company as you and that's definitely going to make things uncomfortable. Are you going to tell her the truth?"

"I'm not going to. I made up my mind."

"Hyung! What the hell are you talking about? You have to tell her the truth! What? Then the past three years all of us, searching for her were all in vain! You can't do this! To yourself and Ah Young!" Sung Joon screamed at me. What he did next took me completely off guard. His hands gripped my shirt, yanking me up from the sofa. "Hey! Listen to me! Look me in the eye! You think I'm going to let you sit here and suffer a minute longer? Huh? I'm your best friend! You don't think-" Sung Joon stopped when a pair o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter