Chapter 16

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Hyun's POV

As she walked away I looked to the ground when I heard her voice again. 

"None of that was your fault." I turned around to see her standing there with the necklace in her hand. "Just because you were the driver that day does not mean that you are to blame. No one blames you. I don't blame you. Ae Ra doesn't blame you. You are not at fault." I stayed silent, registering what she just said to me. To be frank, guilt has riddled my conscious ever since I left Ah Youngie. I blamed myself for not being able to protect Ae Ra and Ah Youngie. Now the girl I yeared to see was finally standing before me saying the words that I desperately needed to hear all these years. It was time to forgive myself.

"Thank you... I really needed to hear that." Was all I could muster up. I decided to keep my distance from her and remain away from her to prevent me hurting her again, yet I couldn't help but fall for her again. Just like the way I fell in love with her when we were university students. Her kindness and sincerity touched my heart. The heavy bricks of guilt weighing down my heart was removed, lessening the burden I carried with me all these years since the accident. 

"I forgive you, Jong Hyun. I don't resent you one bit. Instead I wish you the best." Ah Youngie smiled at me. Thoughts sped through my mind, trying to come up with a response. 

"It was never my intention to leave you Ah Young ah. Just know that. Please." I didn't expect her to forgive me so easily, but that just only proved to me more what a big heart she had.

"But you did and you can't reverse time. Anyways goodnight." From the tone in her voice I could tell that she too was determined on keeping her distance. Yes. Distance between us would be good.   

 

I returned to the mens' bunk, knowing that I was not going to get any sleep tonight. On these company retreats the first night no one ever gets even a second of sleep since everyone is either talking their mouths off or some aren't able to sleep because of those talking incessantly. I always try to get some sleep but then end up attending breakfast at the dining hall dead tired.

"What's it like being an assistant to Yura?" Jong Suk shi was in the bunk with us. All of the guye seemed to have taken an interest in his occupation. One of the things I like about retreat is that in the bunks we all drop the formalities along with the hierarchy that's been established within the company. I plopped down on the top of the bunk that I was sharing with Sung Joon. I got in a comfortable position, knowing that I was going to be up all night with the guys.

"It's pretty good. She gives the nights off and all I have to do is accomodate her from morning to around eight at night." 

"Does that make you like a personal assistant?" Hyun Woo asked him. Jong Suk nodded. 

"She's a great person." Then suddenly Ji Sub's jaw dropped to the floor. 

"Oh my god! Then you knew that she was the daughter of CEO KIm Byung Chul!? Wow." 

"Yes I knew. He was the one that hired me." Throughout the conversation I learned that Jong Suk had a girlfriend who was a reporter named Park Shin Ae and he's 27 years old with loads of experince on being a personal assistant under his belt. He se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter