Chapter 7

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Songs For This Chapter:

Time Forgets by Yoon Hyun Sang for Ah Youngie's POV

Embrace by Yoon Hyun Sang for Jong Hyun's POV

PLEASE LISTEN TO IT! OR YOU CAN SEARCH UP THE JJONGHA FMVS OF THESE SONGS ON YOUTUBE! 

Ah Young's POV

I stood in my walk in closet, going over the rows of clothing as I contemplated what to wear for my first day of work. I picked out a high waisted monochrome striped pencil skirt and a lace white crop top. Something stopped me from changing into it. The skirt wasn't that high, so if I were to extend my arms my scar would be shown. I avoided wearing anything that revealed my stomach. Looking in the mirror I touched the scar that ran down the left side of my abdomen. From what the police officers told me, the car crashed into the passenger seat, slamming the door into me. Its jagged and large shape deformed my skin. I sighed, putting the clothing away. I then settled on a white Stella Mcartney dress and a matching pair of white Saint Laurent ankle heels. My white outfit made my bright red hair even brighter. My red locks were curled and I was ready for my first day. In the car, I looked through my makeup bag and pulled out the tiny metal medicine tin that held my pills. 

"Jong Suk shi, water." He passed me the water bottle quickly then returned to his driving. I gulped the water down along with the pills. Every day for the past three years I never forgot to take them. If I don't I can't get through the day. 

"How are you feeling? Nervous? Excited?" Jong Suk asked as he opened the door for me in front of the building. 

"Both." I admitted, holding my sketch book under my arm. 

"Good luck, Miss! You can do it! Call me if you need anything!" He wished me good luck. I placed one hand on the door handle and pushed it open, entering the structure. My eyebrows furrowed together when I saw someone that seemed familiar. I gasped, running toward the man. Supressing my giggles I tapped his shoulder. He turned around, gawking when he discerned me. 

"Sister in law! It's you!" Sung Joon covered his mouth in shock. 

"It's been a while, hasn't it? Sung Joon shi, I'm Kim Yura." I smiled. I considered all of his friends as my brother in laws, even though they aren't anymore. I liked to keep it that way. 

"You're the artist, Yura Kim! What in the world! Wow. This is insane." 

"I know you have so many questions for me but it's my first day here and I would like to be punctual." Sung Joon nodded eagerly, leading the way to the elevator. 

"The design team is on the sixth floor. Everyone's waiting for you." Seconds before the elevator doors opened I calmed my nerves down by breathing slowly. Let's do this! The elevator doors parted, letting us out. A tightness in my chest bothered me but I ignored it, following Sung Joon into a room where the design team members were gathered. I greeted them with a bow. 

"Hello everyone! I'm Yura Kim and I am very excited to work with you!" The members sat up from their seats and applauded my arrival. 

"Welcome Kim Yura!"

"Wow I can't believe I'm working with the artist Yura Kim!" 

"You're very pretty!" Were the statements I heard in the room. My cheeks felt hot with blush. But most of all I felt so relieved that they accepted me so well. I sat down at the closest chair. The meeting began with a powerpoint. I listened and observed attentively to what the members were talking about.

"We may have held a prominent position in the food industry for a very long time, however that doesn't mean we can do our jobs with ease. It's time we freshen up our packaging with the help of Yura Kim. The first product we'll be repackaging is our famous three minute curry packets. The Marketting Team has gone through the archives of the packaging and agreed that we need new designs. You all have one week to brainstorm new ideas and present them to the marketing team. Jin Se Yeon shi, please give Miss Yura a tour of the space. Meeting adjourned." Sung Joon then left. I was wondering who Jin Se Yeon was as I stood up. A slim woman with a pretty bob haircut approached me. 

"Kim Yura shi! I'm a huge fan of yours! You can call me Se Yeon. Hopefully we can be friends." I shook her hand, smiling at her. She led me through the design floor. Tables took up majority of the space along with chairs. Like a typical office there were rows of cubicles for each worker, providing them their own working area. I nodded as Se Yeon shi explained how the team operated around here. 

"We have weekly meetings with the Marketting Team. We work together to create our packaging in order to have the highest sale records. I'm actually this team's leader. This is your cubicle! I'll leave you to get settled in." Se Yeon shi smiled, walking away as I pulled out the office chair. The cubicle had a built in desk with drawers and walls that somewhat gave you privacy. I sat down in the comfy chair, pulling my bag onto the desk. I rummaged through my large black Celine bag, pulling out my white sketchbook, drawing pencil set, and a water bottle. Opening up my sketchbook with a pencil twirling in my hand. I sat there, thinking of ideas. What kind of packaging is appealing to people? Kids are attracted to cute, funny designs, while adults are mostly concerned about the taste. Ottogi is a renowned brand, therefore people trust the taste and quality of the food. Hmm.. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter