Chapter 14

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yura’s POV

Cher Yura , je pars l'atelier pour vous . Vous souhaiter à tous la sucess dans votre carrière et n'a jamais oublié que je serai toujours un coup de téléphone . Arrêtez de vous torturer et juste dire Jong Hyun que vous l'aimez toujours . Ne craignez pas la vérité . Rappelez-vous que vous êtes aimés . Bon chance. Je serai à Londres avec Luke , afin de mieux vous me rendre visite ! Merci d'être mon meilleur ami . Prend bien soin de toi!  Amour Eliza !

"Dear Yura, I'm leaving the atelier to you. Wish you all the success in your career and never forget that I'll always be a phone call away. Stop torturing yourself and just tell Jong Hyun that you still love him. Don't fear the truth. Remember that you are loved. Good luck. I'll be in London with Luke, so you better visit me! Thank you for being my best friend. Take good care of yourself! Love Eliza!"

I read the letter that I assumed Eliza inserted into my bag when I went to the restroom to take my daily medicine. My hearted swelled up in gratitude as I read her hand written letter addressed to me. Eliza may be the most free spirited, insurgent, wild girl I ever met, but she always remained grounded with high moral standards and never failed to remind the people around her of their own importance. When I asked her about how she had such good advice, she simply gave me that infamous smirk of hers that is still inscrutable to me.

Something else fell out of the envelope that held the letter. It was a document, stating that Eliza gave me full ownership of her atelier. Wow. She really is settling down in London with Luke. Knowing Eliza's personality I thought she would like to have the atelier as her getaway. Ahh. That wouldn't stop her from crashing at the atelier from time to time. I placed the envelope and its contents into my purse. 

"The Marketing Team has made their final decision on the designs!" Hanie exclaimed, rousing up the workers. Se Yeon shi came out of her office. 

"The design that was selected was illustrated by Ji Sub! Congratulations Ji Sub shi!" The room burst out in appluase, congratulating Ji Sub. I clapped for him. Then everyone was called into a meeting. Se Yeon shi explained the annual company retreat where we go up the mountains and work on building team work and collaborating with each other. The Marketing Team always attends with the Design Team as well. The retreat will be for four nights and five days and all expenses would be covered by the company. The only things we needed to bring were our clothes and toiletries. I was really eager to go, since I never been to one before. But I knew that I had to get this cleared by my doctor. With my illness he would certainly oppose, yet I really wanted to go. If Jong Suk would be willing to come with me, maybe it would be fine. 

"Team Leader, can I request something?" I said, closing the door of Se Yeon's office door. 

"I'll hear it out." 

"Can my secretary accompany me on the company retreat? I need his assistance, for I still have other work to complete." I made up an excuse. 

"Yes. He can. I understand, since you aren't just a worker here but also an artist with other offers as well." 

"Thank you very much." 

I opened up my laptop and read the emails that Jong Suk shi fowarded me. The Seoul Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art contacted me, asking if I would like to take part in an exhibit, displaying the works of the most in demand artists of 2015. I sent my reply then texted Jong Suk that we would be having a dinner appointment after work. As I was gathering my things I realized that nothing has changed from my time in Paris except for the fact that I now had a much bigger workload than before. With my occupation as an artist and a member of the Design team I was working two jobs full time. Drawing is all I have now...

 

"It's an honor to meet you! Wow. You truly are beautiful as your paintings are as well." I blushed at the art coordinator's flattery. Jong Suk shi sat next to me as we discussed about the exhibit. "All you will need to do is submit one painting of your choice. It can be from your previous collections or if you wish you can paint a new one."

"I'll choose one and submit it by the end of the week. Wow. This is such an honor for me. Thank you for liking my work." 

"Artist Yura Kim is humble compared to her outstanding skills." Jong Suk commented, grinning at me. 

"You should engage in more activities now that you're back in Korea and collaborate with us! Also we're doing features on the artists, so are you up for some questions?" The dinner turned into an interview, which took quite long. I returned to my home late at night. Fatigue wore me down along with the incessant migraines I have almost daily. No matter how many pills I consume, the effects only last temporarily. I was on the verge of loosing my composure. It was my decison to keep this illness a secret. I hated the idea of it burdening my loved ones. Nothing has changed! That is what irritated me the most. I was still experiencing physical and emotional pain. I stopped thinking about Jong Hyun, yet I vowed to never forget Ae Ra unlike Jong Hyun. He probably forgot about Ae Ra. He has moved on. He's dating Se Yeon shi now and living well. Good for him...before I accepted things a part of me wanted to yell at him and unleash my anger at him. How come he was doing so fine, while I'm still suffering? Harboring anger for him wouldn't help me in any way, so I've come to the terms with everything. I wished him happiness. 

I rummaged through my purse and opened up a post it note. It was the number of the customer that bought my painting. I dialed the number, yet after multiple rings the person did not pick up. I opted for texting. 

'Hello. First off I wanted thank you for liking my artwork so much that you bought it, however it was a painting that wasn't supposed to be sold.' 

'Yura Kim, are you asking me to return the painting?' Finally the customer answered back. While lying in my bed I typed away on my phone.

"Yes I am. In return I can draw you another painting. Perhaps do you have a child? You purchased the only child painting in the entire collection.'

'Yes, I have a beautiful daughter. She's two years old now." If Ae Ra was born, she would've been that age. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter