Chapter 11

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for this chapter:

Medicine by Daughter

 

Jong Suk’s POV

 

“Mr. Kim, Yura fainted somewhere between last night and this morning. She’s still not awake but she’ll be fine. The doctor said that she was sleep deprived and fainted due to arrhythmia.” One of the requirements to being Yura’s personal assistant was that I had to report daily to her father, CEO Kim, the one that hired me.

 

“Is she taking her medicine properly?”

 

“Yes sir.” He sighed through the phone.

 

“Keep an extra close eye on her. Her body is weak. Tell her that her mother and I will arrive to Seoul just in time for her exhibit and that I invited all of my friends and workers.”

 

“Will do sir.” I pocketed my phone, then sat down on the stool near her hospital bed. She looked deadly pallid lying there. I wondered why she took so many pills each day and what did Yura’s father mean when he said that her body was weak? Perhaps? Is she ill? What type of medical condition was she diagnosed with? She stirred in her sleep, gradually gaining consciousness. Her eyes fluttered open. Her head turned to the side as she stared up at me. No one uttered a thing. It was so quiet that I was able to hear the sound of her exhaling.

 

“Where am I? Why am I here?”

 

“You fainted… Yura. Do you not remember?”

 

“No. Am I in the hospital?”

 

“Yeah…” Then just like that her entire demeanor changed in an instant. She pulled herself up in the bed, looking me right in the eye.

 

“Take me out of here.” Yura demanded, her tone now firm and bitter. I was appalled at the sudden shift in behavior. The kind, lively girl I knew as Yura was gone without a trace. She was enraged at my lack of a response, prompting her to raise her voice at me.

 

“Did you not hear me? I said, take me out of here!”  My eyebrows crinkled, unable to comprehend why she would want to leave when she needed to finish getting her fluids and was so physically weak.

 

“No! I can’t do that! You need to stay here till you’re done receiving your IV.” I told her sternly. She wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Yura stood up, ripping the needle that was administering the fluids into her body out of her wrist. The action caused spots of blood to fly through the air. My eyes enlarged at the impulsive act.

 

“I can’t stay here. I need to present my sketches… The meeting should be starting any minute now! Please! I need to go to work!” Yura rambled, heading toward the door slowly, due to her weak, fragile body. That gave me the time I needed to block the door with my body. My back hit the door, the doorknob jabbing into my back as Yura approached me, glaring.

 

“Yura shi, you need to rest. You’re in no state to go to work!” She shocked me, leaning in so close to the point that I could feel the warmth of her breath on my nose.

 

“I can’t stand another second in a hospital. I beg of you please take me out of here…” She pleaded. Desperation was evident in her tone. I had no choice but to obey her demand. Suddenly she let out a cry of pain, losing her balance. I supported her fragile body, grabbing her shoulders.

 

“Okay. Then about this, you rest at home while I give the USB to your team leader. Your body needs to rest! You’ve been overworking yourself trying to finish that goddamn painting for the exhibit.” Yura’s hand flew to her chest, breathing raggedly. I just stood there observing her. What was she thinking to disregard her weak body and overwork like that? I lent her some support, having her lean against me while walking to the car.

 

I helped her lay down on her bed, pulling the covers up to her chin. I propped the pillows up so that she would be more at ease. Yura kept wincing at the pain in her temple, telling me that she was experiencing a very tremendous migraine. Her breathing was still shaky and unsteady. She lied down, closing her eyes right away from the moment her head landed on the pillows. I grabbed the USB drive and drove as fast as I could to the company. I checked my watch in the elevator, a sigh of relief releasing from me. It was an hour till lunch break. Hopefully I made it in time. My eyes scanned the sixth floor then stopped on the meeting room. Luckily the walls were clear, so I could see what was going on inside.

 

“Hi! Can I borrow this?” I barged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter