Chapter 6

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ah Young's POV

The song I saved as my ringtone played, waking me. Groaning I reached one arm out from under the bed sheets to grab my phone. 

"Hello? Yes this Kim Yura speaking." Still not fully awake, my voice came out hoarse and raspy.

"Hello! I'm Bang Sung Joon. I was just checking if you received the email regarding the collaboration with our company." 

"Uhm.. I haven't checked... I'll see it right now..." I turned the phone off, too exhausted to continue.  With my eyelids drooping down I fell right back to sleep. Several hours later I woke up. Jong Suk shi invited himself in to address the emails from the company. 

"Good morning, Yura shi! I bet you're still jet lagged, just rest. I'll finish these for you." He smiled at me from behind the computer screen where he sat replying to the emails from Ottogi. It was very helpful and convenient having Jong Suk shi with me. He seemed to be a very bright person with a kind heart. After brushing my teeth and doing my makeup I stood next to him, going over the replies. 

"Ahh I wish you came earlier. This man from the company called me and I accidently fell asleep during the call. Oops!" He laughed, showing off his pearly white teeth. 

"I'm your secretary! Let them call me! I'll go over there today to talk to them." 

"Thank you. Please tell them that I want a spot on the design team. That way I can gain more work experience and work within a group!" The reason why I was accepting their business proposal was because I wanted to earn respect in Korea as an artist and not just use my father's name to attract attention. Being the sole succesor of a multi million dollar company surely attracted unwanted public attention. Even when I was leaving the airport yesterday I spotted a couple photographers. My parents have kept my privacy for the past 26 years, not letting me attend galas and banquets with them. Everyone knows that my parents have a daughter, but they just don't know how I look like. Suddenly my stomach roared and I responded by pressing against it. An awkward silence filled the air.I turned toward my secretary. "Are you hungry? I'm hungry! Let's get food!" Over brunch at a cafe, I exchanged conversation with Jong Suk. I used to have brunch almost everyday with my friends after staying up all night painting. Paris had the most adorable, calm, quiet boutiques with the smell of fine expresso. 

"What's the reason for your sudden return to Korea? Artist Yura Kim?" 

"I'm preparing for my exhibit. It feels very interesting to hold one here. I want to show my friends and family how much I accomplished in Paris." I smiled to myself. In Paris I was fortunate enought to be recognized and have my paintings win awards. My next ambition is to become an even better artist and amaze people with my work. I observed Jong Suk shi's behavior. From what I collected about him in the past hours was that he was a truly kind man. "I like you. Let's be friends!" I spoke my thoughts aloud, giggling. The corners of his lips tugged upward into a smile. 

"Friends."

Jong Suk's POV 

When I first arrived to pick up Yura I had no idea what type of person to expect. She was a daughter of a wealthy family, so it could be that she would be spoiled and difficult. I was wrong! Yura turned out to be the most charming, kind, well mannered, lovely girl. No one could deny that she had inherited her parents' good looking genes. It's so rare these days to meet such beautiful people with an even more beautiful personality. I felt lucky to work for her and not some other difficult miss. After dropping off Yura at the studio, I drove to the company to meet the person that contacted her. I stood in front of the front desk to ask for the Marketting Director's secretary. 

"He will be arriving shortly." The girl informed me. I nodded, checking my phone. 

"Hello! I'm Bang Sung Joon and you are?" He questioned, letting go of my hand. 

"I'm Yura Kim's secretary. If yu have anything to discuss with her, don't. Please contact me instead. She wanted me to give these documents to you. She's wondering if she can be included in your design team." We discussed the employment of Kim Yura while walking th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter