Finale

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Song For This Chapter: Always by Yoonmirae

 

Yura~

"Who is late to their own wedding? I mean why did your exhibit opening have to be on the same day as your wedding? I can't believe you, Kim Ah Young!" Hyeri continued to nag at me while she clasped up my wedding gown. I stiffled back my laughter as I glanced down at the dress, feeling the material against my palms. It was a white Giambattista Valli gown hand stitched down to the hems. 

"Hyeri shi, just be glad we weren't too late." Eliza piped up, sending a rougish smirk toward Hyeri's direction. 

I had to admit it wasn't the smartest idea to have my Louvre exhibit on the same day as my wedding, but I couldn't deny that both events were a dream come true. After I went into remission I worked on another collection, which was now being displayed at the esteemed Louvre in Paris. And right now my two best friends were rushing about to get me fully prepared for the wedding ceremony. My gown was on, Hyeri was fussing with my hair, and Eliza was putting my heels on my feet. The makeup artist, whom Eliza contacted was a very elegant British woman named Lisa Eldridge. She applied my makeup very calmly unlike my friends who were worried about the clock ticking down. 

"Done!" They exclaimed, putting their hands down. Just then a knock sounded from the door. Soo Hyuk peeked his head in. 

"The ceremony starts in three minutes!" He said as the girls left the room to take their seats. I watched as Soo Hyuk took Hyeri's hand in his with a soft smile. The two looked very much in love. 

Speaking of love, the groom entered the room with light footsteps. 

"Ah Young ah." He called my name in that melodious voice of his. At first sight my lips immediately broadened into a beam. He stood behind me, circling his arms around my waist. "I'm happy you made it." Was all he whispered into my ear, yet those simple words were powerful enough to wring my heart. I was so unsure of what tomorrow would bring. I was scared to see what would occur. Would another tragedy take place? Would I lose another person I cherished? Will I ever recover? Were the grim questions that plagued my mind. Yet I came all the way here, enduring it all. Enduring every painful moment. Enduring all the pain. That is what life is about. Enduring and enduring until you just can't. When you no longer can endure, then a helping hand will pick you up. 

That helping hand of mine was Jonghyun. 

Through it all he stayed by my side and because of that I had the utmost gratitude for him. 

"Shall we get going?" He suggested, interlocking our fingers and making our way to the ceremony entrance. We decided on walking down the aisle together, since my late father wasn't able to. With light steps we neared the doors, almost ready for our grand entrance. I looked toward my husband and his nervous frown was present. Playfully I nudged his side. 

"What are you nervous about? This isn't your first time walking down the aisle, huh? Hong Jong Hyun shi." We burst out in laughter, shattering the nervous atmosphere completely. 

"Enter. The bride and groom." The host announced. 

Exchanging a smile, we walked down the aisle with fluttering hearts. 

All the people who have helped me in my recovery and offered me support were present in the aisles. I smiled at every single one of them, for without their help I would have given up by now. The kindhearted Jin Se Yeon shi, who became a dear friend to Jonghyun and I clapped for us with a broad genuine smile. My secretary and close friend, Jong Suk whose ebullience never failed to surprise me. He stood next to his lovely girlfriend, Park Shin Ae. As we grew closer to the end of the aisle Jonghyun’s friends clapped and expressed their joy with subtle looks at the groom, teasing him. I looked to my side to see Hyeri and Eliza nodding at me. In return I nodded back. I faced the front, following the announcement that the ceremony would begin.

 

When it was time to exchange the rings, the ring bearer accompanied by the flower girl walked down the aisle and over to us. The audience gushed at the appearance of two cherub toddlers. The adorable three year old boy wearing a tuxedo tripped over a rumpled section of the carpet, falling down. My heart leaped at the sight with worry but the four year old girl beside him instantly helped him up by grabbing his hand. 

"I’m okay, Mommy." He said to me, ceasing my concern with a smile. Then suddenly my kids gasped, covering their faces with their hands. My husband rushed to their side to find out what happened, stopping to their eye level.

"Ha Ra, Ae Ric what happened?" My two children pouted their lips in apology. 

"We lost the rings." They mumbled, giving their best puppy expressions to avoid getting admonished. Jonghyun and I chuckled at them. Soo Hyuk, who was the speaker for our wedding requested of everyone to look for the rings under their chairs. 

"Found it!" Someone from the back shouted, holding up one of the rings. The person that stepped forward was my mother. I was pleasantly surprised by her appearance, for she informed me that she wouldn't be able to make it due to her conflicting schedule. My mother has been very occupied with managing the company as the CEO. She engulfed us into a hug, placing the ring into my palm. 

“Mother.” I breathed.

“No mother would ever miss her daughter’s wedding.” She remarked before taking a seat next to my parents- in law.

"Anyone found the other ring?" Soo Hyuk asked the crowd once again. 

"Woohoo! Found it! Now hurry up and get married so we have some food! I'm starving here man!" Woo Bin shouted fervently as he handed the ring to his best friend. The audience exploded in laughter at his truth.

"Alright." Jonghyun told him, giving him a pat on the shoulder before resuming the ceremony.  

Jonghyun carefully took my hand and slipped the ring onto my wedding finger. I slipped his ring onto his fourth finger, thinking that rings were not essential to the definition of a marriage. Rings don't define a marriage. A marriage certificate doesn't define a marriage. A marriage isn't defined by whether the government acknowledges it or not. A marriage isn't defined by the materialistic factors that play into a wedding. The only one true way to define a marriage is by the love each partner holds for one another. Love is the key and complete definition of a marriage.  

Love. The beating of our hearts was what got us here in Paris, renewing our vows. Right now we promised to each other to forever love and take care of each other. I knew with every fiber in my being that we would be able to keep that promise. In this moment I also believed that it was fate that brought us together again. However

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter