Chapter 15

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

Ah Young’s POV

 

I sat on the floor of my bedroom, packing a suitcase with all the things I needed for the retreat. I could Jong Suk shuffling around downstairs loudly. What was he doing that would create such a ruckus. I descended the wooden stairs. Jong Suk was busy placing these wide slim boxes carefully around the living room.

 

“What are those?”

 

“Huh?” Jong Suk shi lifted his head. “Oh! These are some of the paintings that you shipped from Paris. It took a while to get here.”

 

“Yeah it did… Uhm. Jong Suk shi you have to accompany me to my company retreat.”

 

“I don’t think you should go at all, Yura. The high elevation in the mountains would only worsen your condition. But that’s just my suggestion….” He trailed off, proceeding to pile up the boxed paintings. My stubbornness kicked in at his suggestion.

 

“I’m going anyway and you’re coming with me. End of discussion.” All he did was chuckle, nodding at me. I followed him around while he moved throughout the house. I approached my next question with apprehensiveness. “You didn’t tell my parents about me did you?”

 

“I have a heavy mouth, Yura shi.” He winked at me before going back to his work. I went back into my room to finish up my packing. We were meeting in front of the company then a bus would come and take us to the lodges in the mountains. Jong Hyun came to mind. He was going to be there too. Should I talk to him? Just then I thought of my dear friend Eliza.

 

Flashback to Paris two months ago-

 

I was looking out the window, drawing the rough drafts for my newest collection when Eliza motioned me inside for lunch. I went back inside into our very spacious loft. It was a two-story loft with the atelier downstairs and living quarters on the second floor where I was now. Technically the loft had no rooms but after I arrived Eliza hired a man to install a wall to give me my own room. She did so without even telling me. I was surprised but then realized how kind she truly was despite her foul mouth and crazy antics.

 

“Strawberry salad with candy walnuts!” Eliza shouted, placing two bowls onto our small dining table. I sat down, forking my salad. Eliza wasn’t the best of a cook but she improved with my help.

 

“El, I’m going back to Seoul in a couple weeks.” I told her.

 

“Aigoo. I always knew you won’t be here forever. Yeesh. Everyone always leaves. Alright! Then we have a couple weeks for you and I to have the best time of our lives here!” She declared, smiling at me with a gleam in her eyes. I smiled back, feeling grateful to have her as my roommate.

 

“So I need some advice about Jong Hyun…” I mumbled out. Eliza chewed her food, swallowed then spoke up.

 

“Lay it on me. Spill!” She urged, eating her lunch.

 

“I still care about him, El. I know that I shouldn’t but I don’t harbor any hate for him. I don’t want to remember the past but just move on. I just want to see how he is doing.” I spilled out my true feelings. I stared at my roommate as her eyes softened.

 

“Yura, have you forgiven him?”

 

“I guess…”

 

“Forgive but never forget. You’re saying that you don’t want to know the truth of why he left. Because you fear it. The truth sets you fear, so why are you scared of it? That’s so ing strange.” She shook her head, disapprovingly.

 

That night Eliza and I talked some more with the help of wine. Actually I drank alone, since Eliza couldn’t have any. She refrained herself that way. The first month I got here I asked her if she wanted to drink with me, but she refused. Eliza then went on to tell me that when she was fifteen she downed vodka to rid the warped thoughts that consumed her mind.

 

“I still love him. Aren’t I pathetic?” I blurted out, blinking away my tears.

 

“No you aren’t. You fell in love with Jong Hyun. Whatever falls ends up shattering. That’s why I don’t fall in love. I just give it.”

 

“Have you ever thought that breaking up with Luke would spare all your longing? I mean you cry yourself to sleep since you miss him all the time. You also told me about that girl Luke’s been getting friendly with. Although he didn’t cheat it still hurt like hell for you. I know you two talked about it but…” Eliza’s boyfriend, Luke lived in London working at a music production company. Meanwhile Eliza’s been working in Paris as a model and an employee for a fashion magazine.

 

“Of course I thought about it! But I would be miserable without him in my life. He’s worth it, because I ing love him. Now I have a question for you. Would you try to reconcile with Jong Hyun and go back to him?” I was rendered speechless at the sudden question.

 

“I don’t know El. I really don’t know.” I confessed. I gulped down the rest of my red wine.

 

“Well when the time comes when you two meet again, remember that nothing is stopping you but yourself.”

 

End of flashback-

 

There. I want to talk to him so I will! Simple! But it wasn’t so simple at all.

 

Se Yeon shi and I sat together on the bus across from Jong Hyun and Sung Joon. Jong Suk shi was driving in his car behind us. I felt bad since the ride would take three hours. I buckled in my seat belt and started up a conversation with Se Yeon.

 

“Did you want to sit here since the Marketing Director is sitting to the right of us?” I asked, giggling at how she reminded me of a young girl crushing severely. She nodded, putting a finger to her lips.

 

“Please don’t tell him.”  I nodded, agreeing to not let a single word exchanged between us to leak. Since we both couldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter