Chapter 31

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Hyun's POV

"You always wanted a grandchild. Now you'll see Ae Ra in heaven. I don't resent you for what you done. I'm sorry I couldn't protect her. You'll always be my father in law." Father in law always treated me like his own son. When I heard about his funeral taking place I rushed over. Although things ended on a bad note that didn't stop me from offering my condolences to my mother in law. 

"You came." Her tone was flat. She was full of grief. 

"Yes. I'm so sor-" Before I could finish my hand flew to mouth. The tears I subdued in the car came rushing back in this sullen moment, causing me to cover my face. I walked away as fast as I could. I went outside and into the alleyway between the buildings. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Hyeri. 

"Do you know about Yura's health?" She asked, approaching the sensitive subject lightly. 

"I found out about it." 

"She's going leave behind her mother and the company. I don't want to lose my best friend..." 

"No one wants the next funeral to be her's." Everyone came to the funeral from work along with her friends, my friends, and even some associates of mother in law. Almost every high ranking company executive in the coporal industry attended. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her sitting at the table with her mother, zoning out. As the heir in line for the CEO position she must bear the responsibility of a company with hundreds of workers, a grieving mother, and her wretched terminal illness. How hard that would be on her to manage all alone.

About a week after father in law's funeral I recieved another call from MyungWoo hospital. Why was I listed as her legal guardian? I still haven't found the reason why. I ended the call after the nurse asked me to pick up Ah Youngie's medicine that she forgot to take after she fainted. She fainted again? I then learned that fainting was a regular occurance for her. When emergency room visits and 119 calls become part of someone's routine? Sick people that is.

I didn't know where she lived so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter