Chapter 13

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eliza’s POV

 

The entire time we sat in the café talking about Yura’s exhibit I stared at her and Jong Hyun with my guts twisting every time they surreptitiously stole a transient glance at one other.  It was so tensely clear that they were sitting on pins and needles while everyone else was oblivious to it.

 

“Yura shi, there’s a company retreat coming up next week. Will you be coming?” Se Yeon switched the topic fluidly.

 

“Love to.” She plastered on a fake smile. Mentally I shook my head at her. She was pretending that she was all fine and grand. Yura didn’t want people to know that she was the successor of DH Group, didn’t want people to discover her heart wrenching past, so she fled to Paris where we met. Unlike her I’m not a grad college student. Apparently our parents are acquaintances, so my mother invited Yura to stay with me. She didn’t even give me a call to notify me so when Yura arrived at my studio doorstep I was bewildered at her appearance. Then we got to know each other as I took her around the beautiful city of Paris. Jong Suk glanced at his watch and whispered something in Yura’s ear. Yura nodded. I guess it was time to leave.

 

“I had such a lovely time today. It was a pleasure to meet you all.” I stood up, grabbing my Saint Laurent purse off the table. Everyone stood up.

 

“It was nice to meet you!” Luke smiled, shaking hands with everyone. Yura offered me a ride to our hotel, so we got inside their car. I waved at the others as they got into their cars and cabs. I watched as Jong Hyun and Se Yeon shi got into the same vehicle. I hope he hasn’t forgotten about Ae Ra. He really would be a despicable if he did.

 

“Yura, I’m going to see my dad tomorrow so buy me lunch after?” I asked Yura.

 

“Sure. Has your relationship improved? Or no.”

 

“No. It’s still the same. That’s why I’m not staying in Seoul for long. I’m moving in with Luke in London, so I gave the atelier away.” I told Yura. I felt Luke’s hand squeeze mine. Yura’s face lit up.

 

“No way! Finally! I’m so happy for you guys!” Yura the only person that was there for me on those long nights where I shed tears, yearning to have Luke by my side. It’s so arduous to be in a long distance relationship. In return I was there for Yura when she sobbed, thinking about Jong Hyun and Ae Ra. She was now my best friend.

 

 Back in our hotel suite I was thinking about Yura and Jong Hyun as I wrote a letter. I knew for sure that Yura still loves her ex husband, but it seems as if Jong Hyun as moved on. He has something going on with Se Yeo. However his expression changed when he saw the painting of the little girl. It reminded him of Ae Ra. But does he still love Yura? I could tell he still cares about her. Hmmm.

 

“Do you think Jong Hyun still loves Yura?” I asked Luke, who sat on the edge of the table. Luke thought for a second.

 

“I think so. The way he looks at her is very different compared to how he looks at Se Yeon. It’s like how you stare at me. That gaze filled with love and adoration. Jong Hyun’s not smiling though, probably because of what happened between them. But why would he divorce her? That’s the part that never made sense!” Luke scratched his head.

 

“Then why don’t I ask him?” I smirked. Luke chuckled, knowing what I was up. “Why not? I’m curious. It’s very simple. If you’re curious about something, then ask. Duh!”

 

“You have such a simple logic for someone that is so agonized.” He spoke truthfully in a low voice. I closed my eyes, feeling Luke’s warmth radiate to me. He’s one of the rare few that know the real me. Everyone wears a guise.

 

“I’ll be okay.” I mused, finishing the letter and folding it up. Then Luke leaned in and pressed his soft lips to mine. The coolness of the silver lip ring compared to the heat of his lips distracted me from the dread I felt for tomorrow.

 

I took a cab to see my father. I wasn’t so keen on Korean currency, living in the United States and Paris for my entire life. I simply handed the driver a bill then sprinted out of the cab. I entered the company nonchalantly.

 

“I’m here to see the Chairman.”

 

“Do you have an appointment?” The receptionist asked.

 

“Nah. Just tell him that his daughter is here.” The girl’s mouth formed an O shape. Then a group of security guards walked out of the elevator.

 

“Welcome Miss Eliza!” They exclaimed in unison as they bowed to me. They swarmed around me, leading me up to the chairman’s office. I noticed the curious glances coming from the people inside the elevator. Are they trying to attract attention or what? Ugh. Only my father and I knew the reason for this many security guards. He simply doesn’t trust me. Well that is how he puts it. Ding. The elevator doors parted and these men opened the door for me as the secretary greeted me. I plopped down on the velvet settee, placing my shoes on the glass coffee table, fully knowing that it would irritate my father.

 

“Hey dad.” I casually said, looking around the room. I noticed the framed pictures of his awards and objects that signified his accolade achievement. In all the photos he had on a fake smile as he posed. Fake. I despise the very word and anything that indicates it.

 

“Take your feet off the table this instant young lady.” I rolled my eyes, complying to his order.

 

“What would you like to drink, Miss?” The secretary asked. My father simply sat there, reading a file.

 

“Orange juice please.” She nodded, leaving the room. “Now Father, do not bother asking me to stay in Seoul. You know I won’t.” I stated in a calm tone. My father’s expression turned rigid. He placed the file on the table, clasping his hands together.

 

“Eliza, how many times do I need to remind that you are the successor of this company? You must at least take a position! You played enough! Especially with that Luke boy of yours.” My ears perked up at the mention of Luke. I clenched my fist, trying my best to remain composed.

 

“I never asked you for anything! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter