Chapter 33

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Se Yeon's POV
 

To find the answers to the questions that irked me, the first person I went to was my own mother. She welcomed me with open arms into her flat. However once I mentioned the accident my mother's wonderful smile was gone and replaced with a dour expression. My mother became a widow after the passing of my father. It was also very emotionally difficult to adjust to not having my father around anymore.  

"I need to know, mom. What did father do?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Why bother with the past?"

"Mother, please!" Despite my plea she firmly refused to tell me anything about the accident. All I knew was that my father crashed his car and was dead on the arrival of the emergency rescue crew. I didn't even concentrate on the details back then,for I was too overcome with grief at the time. I needed answers and no one would give me them. My next stop was the police station to find out from the officers.

"Hello. I'm here to find about a car accident that occured on May 28th, 2012 involving Jin Kang Se." I said to the detectives at the police station.

"Miss what relationship do you have to the accident?"

"Jin Kang Se was my father."

"Let me look it up on the database. Please wait for a couple minutes." The minutes I spent waiting was outright nerve wracking.

"Your father was the perpetrator. He was highly intoxicated while behind the wheel and crashed into the car that was registered to a Hong Jong Hyun."

"What happened to the people in the other car?"

"The people in the car was taken to the hospital immediately. Miss, your father would've been charged with manslaughter if he survived. He caused the fatality. That vehicle accident was massive." I left the police station dazed. My father was a perpetrator! Why was he even driving drunk and why was he drinking in the morning?

I dialed Sung Joon to ask him for some answers, since he being Jong Hyun's best friend would indeed know. He kindly agreed to meet me at a cafe to talk. I arrived early and ordered an iced drink. My leg kept shaking from the nervousness. I breathed a sigh of relief when he sat down.

"Hi. What did you want to talk about?"

"What happened to Jong Hyun shi on May twenty eight?" I cut right to the chase. Sung Joon choked on his drink, sending him into a fit of coughs.

"Why do you need to know about May 28th? How do you even know about that?" He asked after he calmed down.

"My father was the one that crashed into Jong Hyun's car." Sung Joon gasped, his pupils dilated.

"Wow. Uhm. Where should I even begin?" Sung Joon continued on in the car as he drove me to where Yura's house was. I wanted to check up on her. "The bright sucessful artist you know as Yura is actually a heartbroken, divorced, ill, and lonely Kim Ah Young. Jong Hyun kept to himself due to all the regret and pain he suffered. Those two went through so much. They lost their child and each other after the accident."

"They had a child?"

"Yura was expecting and then she had a miscarriage due to the accident."  Oh my. Jong Hyun's ex wife was Yura, whose birth name was Kim Ah Young. My father ruined their lives! How could I possibily show my face to them? My hand flew to cover my mouth as the guilt and shock overcame me. Before I could ask him to turn the car we had already arrived at Yura's place. No. No. No. What was I supposed to tell her? All this knowledge of the fatality was too much for one day. 

With trepidation coursing through me I pressed down hard on the doorbell. To my suprise Eliza opened the door. As an automatic reaction my eyebrows furrowed in puzzlement. 

"Eliza? What are you doing here?" I asked her after she invited me in. Sung Joon shi left after dropping me off, leaving me by myself to talk to Yura. Eliza paced around the living room with her phone to her ear as she spoke in French to a woman. I sat down on the white velvet settee, amazed at the lavish furnishing with all white fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter