Chapter 21

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Hyun's POV

Red ink circled the number 28 on my calender with a scribbling of the name Ae Ra underneath the date. A sorrowful sigh left my lips as I leaned back in my chair. I took deep breaths to calm my emotions down and walked to the meeting room where the board was present. I was zoning out during the meeting until the chairman called me out. Afterwards he motioned me into his office. 

"Recalling that incident in my office a few weeks ago. That rebellious girl was my daughter, Eliza. She'll be taking over the spot as the Marketing Team's leader. She may be a stain to my reputation and reckless but I can't deny that she has outstanding persuasive skills that would aid in constructing marketing strategies. So please show her the ropes of the company when she arrives next week."

"Will do sir." I told him then I went to get some coffee from the first floor. Eliza. From our unexpected second meeting it seemed to me that she was a dependable friend to Ah Youngie. The way she approached me at the gallery I guess she would do well in presenting in front of the board members. Why was there so much hostility between her and her father?  Just then I remembered the advice she gave me. Should I tell her today? Or would it be add to the sorrow on this upsetting day? I was glad that my mind was distracted even if it were for only several minutes. During lunch I turned off my phone, pocketting it back. 

"I wonder how Ae Ra is doing?" I spoke out loud. Sung Joon perked up, running over to me in the lobby. I walked toward the doors when I accidently bumped into Se Yeon shi who was coming in. 

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry!" She stammered, apologizing to me. 

"Sorry." I said, walking out of the building. 

I felt under the worn out welcome mat for the silver key with my hand. Once my hand felt something cold I grabbed the key from underneath the mat. I pushed the key in and opened the door into the tiny house. I got comfortable on the sofa and placed the framed painting onto the coffeetable.

"This would've been the place that we would have brought you home from. This house may be too small to be considered as a house but this is home. Your mom and I were so excited to meet you, Ae Ra. Isn't this place quaint? Your mommy is really cool isn't she? She drew this! It's you!" I looked down at the painting, feelings tears collect in my eyes. "Please forgive your dad. I'm sorry that I caused your mom alot of pain. I'm so sorry Ae Ra." Then I swooped down and grabbed the camera off the nightstand that was next to the made bed just like the way we left it before driving to my mother's place. I pressed the button and the most recent recording began to play. I watched the video that Ah Youngie and I recorded for Ae Ra, determined to show it to her when she e year old. I guess I'm haunted with the thoughts of what our future could have been like if it wasn't for that manic driver.

Before I was about to wrap things up for the night Soo Hyuk came by my office. 

"Hyung." I said. The corner of his lip twitched up.

"On a day like this you're not spending it alone." He said, giving me a hug. We were walking out of my office I noticed Hyeri standing with Ah Young. Jong Suk and Sung Joon were with them as well. Looks how we wouldn't be spending tonight alone. Right around the time we were leaving for the night so was everyone else. White lillies were in the hands of Hyeri and Jong Suk. Those flowers were notorious as flowers for the deceased. I bit my lip, heading to my car. Hyeri took the car with Ah Youngie and Jong Suk while Soo Hyuk rode with me and Sung Joon. 

"This is the first year that Yura is here on Ae Ra's anniversary." Sung Joon commented. 

"It is." I said curtly. My eyes welled up with tears. Maybe this was a bad idea to come here. My tears would be the obvious giveaway that I still cared. But I always come here to see Ae Ra and at the house. With the white lillies in hand we entered the memorial building. Heavy footsteps just like our heavy hearts were taken. Hong Ae Ra. We stopped in front of her glass box. I didn't utter a word as I stared at the contents in her memory box.

"Ae Ra ah, we came. It's not very fun up there is it? Auntie Hyeri and Uncle Soo Hyuk came to see you." Ah Youngie spoke, trying to refrain her tears from falling but failed. I wanted to wipe those tears away and be able to comfort her, but I couldn't.

"Your mom is really sorry that she couldn't bring you a picture." Hyeri's statement hit me in the gut, making me feel so much like the bad guy. How can you draw the face of someone you never seen before? I couldn't bear to spend another second inside, see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter