Chapter 5

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Hyun's POV

With my suitcase on its wheels behind me I walked away from the luggage conveyer belt and toward the crowded arrival area. The black tinted sunglasses that were perched on my high nose prevented my eyes from turning blind at the immense sun light that was streaming in through InCheon's wall glass. I knew my secretary would be somewhere in this airport, waiting for me. While passing by numerous people I suddenly halted in my steps. Although it was a mere stranger, something about her was compelling and familiar as if I seen her before. Her long vivid, red dyed hair casaded down her back, swaying as she passed me by with confidence.

"HYUNG!" A voice I knew all too well screamed, taking the people in the nearby area by suprise. He came running over to me, hugging me.

"How was the buisness trip? Did you secure the deal?" Sung Joon, my secretary asked, swinging his arm around my shoulder.

"It went great. I persuaded them that collaborating with us will benefit their brand highly. They agreed." I grinned confidently. That was the reason I got scouted for the position of Marketting Director for the most renowned, well known Korean food company, Ottogi. Sung Joon placed my suitcase in the trunk before settling into the driver's seat. I buckled my seat belt, a habit of mine now. In midst of the traffic I glanced out the window, rolling it down. A slight breeze hit my face. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a blooming cherry blossom tree. The blooming of the trees reminded me that it was May, the month I came to dread. My friends do their best to take my mind off of her when this time comes around.

"Hyung, are you hungry? Should we stop by to eat something?" Sung Joon asked. I nodded, getting lost in thought. I typically just sleep during flights but when I was with her I did my best to not fall asleep because every second spent with her was so valuable and precious. It's been three damn years and to this day I haven't forgotten about that horrid day everything I loved was taken from me. I closed my eyes, biting down on my lip when the dull pain struck. Those past memories of her weighed down on my heart. I wish I could forget. That was my sole wish.  

"Let's eat then head to the company. I have to prepare for tomorrow's presentation that I'll be presenting at the meeting." Sung Joon gave me a nod, finding a place to park. Seoul's cramped and crowded, so when it comes to cars its even more so challenging to find a space to park without bumping into another's vehicle. We finally parked and got seated at the restaurant. 

"Ahjumma! Can I have another bowl?" Sung Joon shouted to the busy ladies that were serving the full house. "Hyung..." His tone turned cautious when he spoke. I stared at him. "Have you thought about dating? You can't just keep working all the time! The guys and I all worried that you're going to become some workaholic! Are you still going to keep looking for her? She's gone! Face reality hyung! Please!" I dropped my spoon. 

"What's wrong with me not dating? I am still looking for her. Besides you know why I can't date. What's the point of dating when I'll never be able love my future girlfriend? My heart's with her." I still love her... When your heart is with another it's impossible to give it to someone else. 

"Alright. I'll help you then. If I see sister in law then I'll contact you. Isn't it so puzzling that not once in the past three years, none of us ever saw her? It's like she vanished..." Sung Joon shrugged, then went back to eating. It is odd. Her number isn't service and there's no mention of her at all. Where was she? When the lady gave us the bill Sung Joon and I instantly grabbed at the same time. I firmly held onto the black tray with the receipt on it. Then Sung Joon tugged in toward him, but I tugged back. Soon it became a game of tug of war with the bill. I sent a cold stare in his direction. 

"Hyung, let me pay!" 

"No I'm paying! Give me the bill." 

"Nope." Looked like I had no choice. 

"I'm your boss. You're my secretary, so I'm ordering you to hand me the bill!" I demanded, tugging one last time on the tray. He let go with a frown on his lips. 

"I can't believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter