Chapter 10

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ah Young’s POV

 

“Your presentation is due tomorrow, your art exhibit will be held on Sunday, and your company wanted pamphlets to spread the news of your upcoming exhibit. Are you ready to go?” I held up a finger, busy gulping down my medicine. One day at work I forgot to refill my medicine tin and the migraines and fatigue were so unbearable. I had to go to the restroom and take a break there. As much as I hated to take all these pills everday, i had no choice but to take them.

 

“Ready now.” I stood up, wiping the water from my chin and putting my heels on at the door. Jong Suk opened the door for me like usual, dropping a small cardboard box onto the empty passenger seat. “Are those the pamphlets?” I asked.

 

“Yeah these are.” He handed me one from the box. The cover had my picture on with my name in bold letters. Artist Yura Kim. I laughed. Who knew I would be where I am today? If someone told me three years ago I would become a very famous, esteemed painter that studied in Paris and was respected for my work I would’ve thought it was a joke. Now here I am… Unbelievable. Jong Suk and I entered the company building together, parting ways at the elevator.

 

“Good luck today, Yura!”

 

“Thank you.” I reported to work, passing Se Yeon’s office and sitting down at my cubicle. My fellow members were at their desks working without a peep coming from them. They were too concentrated on finishing up their presentations. I actually finished mine yesterday night, fully aware that I would be very busy placing the finishing touches on my art exhibit. I was in the process of finishing up my final piece that will be displayed there on Sunday. Realizing that everyone else was working, I plugged the USB into the computer and slowly revised the entire presentation. A text from Jong Suk broke my attention. A press conference? His text told me that Ottogi wanted me to do a press conference to tell the public about my return to Korea and my soaring career. Why not? I texted him back saying that I’ll do it. The presentation was completed, so I took out my sketchbook to draw a picture of Ae Ra. My entire arm moved in synch with my hand, drawing the outline of a face. With my pen twirling in between my index and ring finger I went to get some coffee. Hmm. I began drawing on the blank white paper cups. Once all seven cups were drawn on I filled them with coffee. Like a waitress I served the coffee.

 

“Have some coffee.” I said, carefully handing out a cup to the designated person. One by one they realized that the drawings on the cup were themselves.

 

“Wow. Now I can’t throw this away!” Se Yeon smiled, studying the drawing I did of her on the cup. “You even drew my bob!” The girl on the cup had black wavy hair that fell just above her shoulders like Se Yeon.

 

“Thank you Yura!”

 

“Hey I now can say I own one of artist Yura Kim’s artwork! She drew it for me! Thank you!” An authentic smile spread across my lips. Seeing people enjoy my artwork and feel happy because of it made me so incredibly happy.

 

The sketch I did of a mere face shape was waiting for me when I returned to my cubicle. I sat down, drawing in straight thin eyebrows like mine. Girls often have sparse or quite thin eyebrows. Flipping to a blank page I got lost in thought. The pencil moved across the paper, forming the messy penc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter