Chapter 34

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: DON'T FORGET ME BY BAEK JI YOUNG (IRIS OST)

2ND SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: PRAY BY YOONHA (SCHOOL:2015 WHO ARE YOU OST)

Ah Young's POV
 

"Jong Suk, will you be my secretary just one more time?" I asked him through the phone. 

"Why not. I am a pretty great secretary." He chirply responded. 

"Thank you. Now I have something I need you to do for me." I went on instructing him on how to carry out my plans. Eliza who was sitting next to me smirked at me, proud for me that I was taking a step toward dealing with the aftermath of my father's death. Then Hyeri came, handing me my glass of water. I was about to grab it when my hand tremors hadn't ceased. I picked it up with my other hand that wasn't affected and swallowed my pills. 

Hyeri and Eliza helped me persuade Jong Hyun into attending work. He insisted on staying with me but I couldn't have him neglecting his duties at the company for me. They kept my company and offered me their advice as I thought up my will. Then suddenly the door rang. Mr. Park was at the door. 

"Hello Miss Yura. This was discovered in your father's safe that was in the study. Your mother has asked me to deliver this to you."

"What is it, Mr. Park?"

"Your mother said that you'll know when you see it." After he ambiguousley answered my question he left. What was inside this file? I open the file and took out the documents that were inside. I blinked numerous times, checking if my eyes weren't fooling me. I closed my hand around the documents. Jong Hyun... 

Jong Hyun's POV

"What are these?" Ah Youngie asked me holding up the court papers that caused my face to blanch at the sight of them. How on earth did she get her hands on that? "Answer me! What are these?" She demanded for answers, the volume of her voice increasing as she pressed for answers. I was too shocked to muster up a coherent reply. Therefore I motioned her over to the bench in front of her studio and sat down. My brain worked faster than my mouth, coming up with possible answers and ideas to why she had those papers. Until it dawned on me that father in-law never registered them.. 

"Well? Aren't you going to say something?" 

"Ah Young ah... That night your father visited me..." I began to reveal the events of that night which she was kept oblivious to until she interupted me. She kept shaking her head adamantly in stubborn refusal.

"No. No. No. No! My father.... Why would he do such a thing? Why would he?" Crease lines were apparent on her features as her face contorted in disbelief. 

"I thought I had no choice but to leave you. I thought it was my fault you got hurt. Your father told me that I would never be able to protect you since I failed to protect my family. That night grief obstructed my thinking process. I thought you would be better off without me. I'm sorry." 

FLASHBACK------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

I languidly opened my eyes to be faced with the most horrifying scene. In front of my very own eyes was my wife bleeding out profusely in the seat next to me. The metal car door was stabbing her abdomen. Thick crimson blood seeped out, staining her white dress a deep red. I remained still, for fear has paralyzed me. My brain screamed at me to do something, but fear kept me captive in my own body. 

I sat in the hospital waiting anxiously for the doctor to come and tell me about my wife and daughter's condition. I stared blankly at the walls that surrounded me, going over the events that tragically transpired today in my brain. Whenever I tried to close my eyes the sight of Ah Youngie unconscious and bleeding out next to me burned my eyelids. A tear fell down my face as worry and fear for my wife consumed me. An ominous feeling loomed over me. Then I heard a knock. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter