Chapter 18

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter was inspired by These Four Walls by Little Mix.

Jong Suk's POV

I stood by the closed door as the Chairman and Chairwoman worried over their daughter. Yura still hasn't woken up yet. In the silence of the room a petty arguement broke out between the Chairman and his wife. 

"Why did you brush past him like that? I know that what he was did happened at the worst time but he was a very good husband to Yura. You can't deny that." Were they talking about Jong Hyun?

"I know that very well! He was an admirable son in law but not anymore. He's not our son in law or Yura's husband. He's merely just a stranger now so it would be best if you treat him so." The chairman was oddly roused with dislike toward Jong Hyun. I was blown away with the fact that Hong Jong Hyun was Yura's ex husband. The one that threw her the divorce papers. Everything clicked into place like a puzzle finally coming together to reveal the final picture. No wonder there was tension between Jong Hyun and Yura! A knock came from the door. I opened it to see Hyeri and Lee Soo Hyuk. They were friends of Yura. 

"Is Yura okay? We rushed over when we found out from-" Soo Hyuk clasped his large hand over Hyeri's mouth. But Yura's parents still caught on. 

"Jong Hyun. He was the one that informed you?" Soo Hyuk and Hyeri awkwardly smiled, nodding. Yura woke up very disorientated. She didn't know how she got here and what happened to her. 

"Yura, you're in the hospital because you fainted at the retreat. Do you not remember?" She shook her head, staring at the wall in front of her, zoning out. This wasn't typical of her. She wasn't speaking or even moving at all. 

"Please don't tell her that I was here. I beg you. Please don't tell her."  Heeding his plea I kept my mouth shut as the Chairman, his wife, Soo Hyuk shi, and Hyeri aided in Yura shi leaving the hospital. By Yura's request her parents returned to their home while Soo Hyuk went back to work at his carpenter shop. I pushed Yura's wheelchair into the living room. The doctor affirmed that she needed to take the wheelchair home in case she fainted again or lost strength in her legs which could occur. 

"You're in a wheelchair again... Just like the day you came back from the hospital after what happened." Hyeri's tone was laced with sadness. 

"Yeah." 

"Are you alright? I'm your best friend you can trust me you know? You can talk to me." Hyeri urged. I stood nearby, keeping an eye on Yura shi. Orders from the chairman. 

"Isn't it obvious? That I'm not alright? Can't you tell that I'm not happy at all? I tried talking to you about my problems Hyeri. I did! I would call and text you while I was in Paris at night, needing someone to listen to my concerns and comfort me. But you never even tried to understand what I was going through! You simply wanted me to move on! It's not so easy to move on from! That doesn't happen overnight! Also I can't tell you anything since you're going to share them with Soo Hyuk, who will tell Jong Hyun who is now no one to me!" Yura lashed out at Hyeri, speaking in a hoarse voice. Hyeri was offended by her words. 

"So is that why you've been only hanging out with Eliza? What about me? I'm your best friend! You stopped calling me and texting, giving excuses that you were  busy painting. You stopped being my best friend! I didn't say anything because I knew that you were busy with work and being tense around Jong Hyun when you returned to Seoul. To be frank, you have changed! You force your laughter and don't smile as much as you used to! The bright cheerful girl that was my best friend is now nowhere to be seen. You don't call me to hang out or even eat dinner together! You're avoiding me! It's like you don't want to be my friend anymore!" Hyeri shouted back at Yura, who looked up at her with penetrating gaze.

"Of course I changed! Who wouldn't? Yeah I don't smile as much and I no longer am that cheery girl because there's nothing to be cheerful about! I lost my child, my marriage, and Jong Hyun left! I almost died that day! I'm sorry I don't have the leisure time to hang out! I'm working right now! Right now my focus is on my work!"

"Stop using that pity card of yours! It's like you want people to pity you! Your work? Nothing else? Not even your nine year friendship with me is important? Whatever this is pointless! Hope you concentra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter