Chapter 9

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Pass! Pass!” Soo Min shouted to Chan.

The ball came bouncing its way to her. Once it was in her hands, she proceeded to get closer to the goal all while bouncing the ball of course to avoid a penalty for traveling, but immediately the enemy team was already in front of her, trying to block her throw. She noticed Hansol waving his arms alerting he was open. She quickly faked passing the ball to him and both Won Woo and Mingyu fell for it as she jumped and shot the ball to the basket. It spun around the rim a few times before falling in, scoring three points for her team since she had made a field goal from beyond the three-point line.

“Yes!” She cheered, jumping up and down. Her teammates which included Chan, Hansol, Minghao and Seungcheol all came running over to her cheering and giving her high-fives and pats on the back in celebration. The opposing team consisted of Won Woo, Mingyu, Jeonghan, Soonyoung and Jihoon.

“I can’t believe this!” Won Woo complained, being sort of a poor sport right now as his team was losing 15 to 6. “You said you didn’t know how to play basketball?!”

“I’m a fast learner!” She stuck her tongue out. “You’re just mad that I’m better at this than you.”

“You trying to pick a fight?” He raised a brow.

“Let’s go!” She challenged, throwing her hands up as if she were one of the dudes.

“No fighting!” Seungkwan shouted from the sidelines.

It was about ten minutes into the game that Junhui showed up with the rest of their friends once they heard Chan invited Soo Min and the other three for a game of basketball. She wasn’t sure if they were there merely for the game, or the fact that she was there playing the game?

“Bring it, sweet stuff!” Won Woo played along, getting all up in her face.

“Enough!” Jeonghan came between them. He didn’t like how close they were just now.

“Break time!” Seokmin called out to them.

“Get some water!” Junhui shouted over to them, opening the cooler he brought full of chilled water bottles.

“Water!” Soo Min was the first one over to the cooler.

“How did she get all the way over there so quickly?!” Jihoon asked in shock when he turned to head over.

Besides Junhui who made sure to bring water, Jisoo, Seokmin and Seungkwan were among the ones who were sitting on the sidelines, watching their friends play basketball in the summer heat.

“Having fun?” Jisoo asked Soo Min who sat on the bench next to him, almost chugging her water down.

“Yes!” She nodded between her sipping. When was finally cooling down...

“Oh my god…” Hansol muttered out in English when he sat next to Soo Min.

“What is it?” Jisoo frowned at the younger boy’s slightly shocked expression.

“Uh…” Hansol’s shocked expression turned into a stifled laugh. “I think she may have gotten a little too much sun…”

“What are you talking about?” Soo Min asked, not understanding his expression. She was turned around by Jisoo whose eyes went wide upon noticing her red cheeks. “What?” She asked innocently.

“I forgot you sunburn easily!” Jisoo held back a laugh. She was definitely a Pikachu now with those red cheeks.

“Don’t laugh!” She pouted, nudging him. She sat back in her seat, covering her face with her hands and cold water bottle. “I want to go home now!”

“Aww, but the game isn’t even finished yet!” Hansol wined.

“Someone else go in my place instead then… I don’t want burn anymore of my valuable skin than needed!”

“But you’re the only reason why we’re winning!”

“Are you saying you boys at basketball without me?” She grinned.

“... maybe.” Hansol pouted, it was sort of true.

“Then let’s go kick some !” She stood up, ready to finish what she started. Apparently she was easily talked into playing in the game again.

“First team to get 16 points is declared the winner.” Jisoo decided to speak up.

“What?!” Won Woo asked in complaint. “Then they might as well have already won! They already have 15 points!”

“I don’t know how much longer Soo Min can be in the sun. Either forfeit now, or let them win.” Jisoo said with crossed arms.

“What’s wrong with Soo Min?” Seungkwan asked curiously.

“She already got sunburned on her cheeks.” Hansol answered. “She’s really starting to look like Pikachu now.” A small laugh escaped his lips. He was hit upside the back of the head by an embarrassed Soo Min who was shielding her face from everyone.

“Then we forfeit!” Jeonghan exclaimed.

“What?! No!” His teammates frowned.

“Is it even worth her getting even more sunburned just so we can win? I’m not playing anymore.” Jeonghan said looking slightly disappointed at his friends. They wanted to win that much that they’d ignore Soo Min’s sunburn issue?

Won Woo and his other three teammates looked at each other, now guilty.

“We forfeit.” They muttered, facing Soo Min and her team.

“No!” Soo Min protested. “Let’s just pick this back up another day!”

“But even if we did, the score-” Won Woo was saying until she cut him off.

“First team to score 25 points will be declared the winner at that time! You slowpokes will have enough time to catch up by then, won’t you?” She asked with a teasing smile.

“We will, just you wait!” Jihoon pointed his finger up at her. “You’re going down, Pikachu!”

“To join you, yes?” She grinned. Their friends broke into laughter as Jihoon frowned. Why was it so easy to pick on this short guy?!

“Then the game is on pause.” Seungcheol stated. “15 to 6.”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“There, all done.” Junhui smiled as he finished applying some aloe cream to soothe Soo Min’s burned cheeks.

“Thanks, Chansey.” She could barely smile, her sunburn had gotten irritated during the walk of joking and laughter all the way to Jeonghan’s shared apartment. Though half of the bunch parted ways half way there. Those individuals being Jihoon, Seokmin and Seungkwan since they had work real soon. Seungcheol, Soonyoung and Chan decided to head home, tired from all the basketball playing. They’d come by Jisoo’s sometime later on if they ever wake up before the next day.

Now it was just Jisoo, Hansol, Minghao and Soo Min at Chansey and Squirtle’s apartment where Bulbasaur and the not yet named Pokémon, Won Woo, resided. Junhui had insisted she come to their place so he could treat her sunburn since when he asked Jisoo if he had anything to help her, he answered with a regrettable no.

“Feeling better yet?” Jeonghan asked, a hint of worry in his tone.

“A little.” She nodded slightly before noticing his roommates coming out of their shared room with towels in their hands.

“We’re gonna take a shower.” Mingyu mentioned their way.

“T-Together?” Soo Min asked as Won Woo was opening the bathroom door.

“It saves water.” Mingyu nodded. He noticed her inner fangirl was trying to come out and he chuckled. “Want to join us?”

“Yah!” Jeonghan threw the nearby couch pillow at him, not pleased he’d even dare ask such a question.

“We’re wearing our swimming trunks, did you think we’d be ?!” Won Woo laughed at his older friend’s reaction.

“Swimming trunks?” Soo Min repeated, her happy expression faltering a bit, she was only joking though.

“Hey!” Won Woo blushed. “You ert!”

“Hey!” Soo Min laughed. “You shy boy!”

“Just go and take your shower already!” Jeonghan chuckled, shooing them away.

“With pleasure.” Mingyu winked. Soo Min let out a small squeal causing those around her to laugh.

“Wow, you really are a ert.” Hansol shook his head.

“Everyone is, don’t even deny it.” She smirked at him, but then winced at the small pain that occurred afterwards. Smirking, smiling, laughing… anything with mouth movements seemed to hurt.

“Are you saying your precious Minghao is a ert, too?!” He frowned, lightly shaking the clueless boy next to him.

“... he’s just a child! Don’t go bringing him into this.” She frowned.

“He’s older than me!” Hansol exclaimed.

“You two are hilarious.” Jisoo laughed, shaking his head at their ridiculous antics.

“Is anyone hungry?” Junhui interjected, looking towards Soo Min.

“It’s almost lunch time, shall I cook?” She asked looking around.

“Yes, please! Please do!” They all nearly shouted, causing her to laugh.

“Alright, though could I get some help?”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Jisoo, Hansol and Jeonghan remained in the living room as Junhui and Minghao assisted Soo Min in making lunch. Hansol was hogging up one of the couches to himself, watching the movie that was playing on the TV while Jisoo and Jeonghan sat on the other couch close together. It had been awhile since the two had just sat down and hung out since summer started.

“How’s work?” Jisoo asked as Jeonghan leaned back in his seat, looking tired.

“I manage.” He sighed.

“I told you two jobs is impossible.” His friend laughed. Hansol was completely focused on the TV, anything they were saying didn’t register into his brain as he watched the interesting movie.

“I know! You were right!” Jeonghan whined, falling over onto Jisoo’s lap, pouting like a little kid. “But I can’t quit now…”

“And why not?” Jisoo asked, brushing stray strands of Jeonghan’s hair out of his face. They were always close like this since they became friends, it was just summer that was keeping them apart lately since Jeonghan works now.

“I need the money!”

“Since when?”

“Since Pikachu arrived!”

Jisoo laughed at his dramatic tone. “Of course… you’ve been spoiling her ever since she showed up.” Jeonghan noticed a slight hint of jealously in his tone just now.

“No need to be jealous, I bought you groceries yesterday.” Jeonghan chuckled, reaching up and pinching his friend’s cheek. Jisoo rolled his eyes.

“Only because Soo Min was there.”

“Envious of your wife now?” Jeonghan grinned.

“She’s not my wife!” Jisoo flicked him on the forehead, laughing at the pout Jeonghan continued to give.

“Right, it was suppose to be me, wasn’t it?” Now he was joking. Jisoo laughed, finding his joke hilarious.

“You’d easily pass as one, you’re so pretty, dear.” Jisoo teased, carressing Jeonghan’s cheek.

“Aw, baby, you’re too sweet!” Jeonghan played along with a small laugh. Soo Min wasn’t the only joking partner Jisoo had.

Suddenly they heard a tiny squeal near the kitchen entrance followed by the sound of something falling to the floor. They both looked over to see Soo Min standing there, the oven mit on her hand covering . The thing she had dropped was a pair of tongs.

“Soo Min?” Jisoo asked, curious why she was like that.

“Ignore me!” She exclaimed, a huge smile on her face as she picked up the tongs. “Sorry for interrupting!”

“Oh great.” Jisoo chuckled.

“What?” Jeonghan asked curiously, sitting up.

“I think we just took Mingyu and Won Woo’s spotlight.”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

During lunch, Mingyu noticed how Soo Min was behaving around Jisoo and Jeonghan and opted to asked Junhui if there was something he and Won Woo missed while they were showering.

“She ships those two now.” Junhui answered quietly, pointing to Jisoo and Jeonghan who were seated next to each other.

“You mean she was shipping Mingyu and I all this time?” Won Woo asked, sounding shocked.

“Fangirls… I never understand them.” Hansol mumbled off to the side.

“No need to get all freaked out,” Junhui chuckled, “some girls just ship two guys together in a bromance kind of way, sometimes.”

“As if I thought in a romantic way.” Won Woo frowned, but it was a lie. He had thought that, it was the only reason why he called Soo Min a ert earlier.

As they were eating, Jeonghan noticed Jisoo had run out of meat before he ran out of rice.

“Here.” Jeonghan put his piece of meat onto Jisoo’s spoonful of rice he was about to eat.

“Ah, thanks.” Jisoo smiled, appreciating it. There was that small squeal again and the two laughed, looking to the only girl at the table capable of making that high pitched sound.

“I don’t know if it’s your sunburn, or just that you’re blushing really hard right now?” Jeonghan pointed at Soo Min.

“It’s just my sunburn!” She cringed, stuffing with her food. Why are you being so obvious, Soo Min?! She scolded herself inside her mind. But I just can’t help it… I never noticed how cute they are together!

The two decided to mess with her a little more, finding her fangirl behavior funny.

“Can I eat in the living room?” Hansol frowned as Jisoo put his arm around Jeonghan’s shoulder, leaning closer to him to feed him a spoonful of rice. He was returning the favor when Jeonghan gave him his meat.

“No food in the living room!” Junhui said with a scolding tone, despite he, Won Woo and Mingyu ate the food Soo Min brought over yesterday in the living room! Though… that was okay, because it was Soo Min, the Pikachu. By now you could say the guys have become pretty biased towards the girl..

“Seriously?” Won Woo clicked his tongue, proceeding to cover Soo Min’s eyes with his free hand since he was sitting next to her. Soo Min giggled, making no move to push his hand away… instead she thanked him.

“You’re no fun.” Jisoo chuckled, retracting his arm from Jeonghan’s shoulders.

“And dangerous.” Soo Min added on.

“Whatever.” Won Woo rolled his eyes, returning back to his food.

“Why do girls like that kind of thing so much?” Hansol asked Jisoo in his fluent English.

“I don’t know.” Jisoo replied, also in his fluent English while shrugging his shoulders.

“Guys do the same thing with girls! Don’t even deny it!” Soo Min managed to say in her best English. She still had an accent, but could you blame her? It’s been awhile.

“Not fair! What are you three saying?” Jeonghan frowned.

“Nothing, don’t worry.” Jisoo assured his friend… in English, again. The guy tilted his head in wonder… he was hoping by now he’d at least understand some English, but it was apparent that time hasn’t come yet. It was the same for the other four clueless friends, but the China line probably knew just a tad more than their Korean friends.

“We’re talking about Jisoo’s undying love for you, man.” Hansol teased, still remaining in the English language.

“No, we are not!” Jisoo frowned at him.

“Honey, it’s okay, you can be with the one you truly love!” Soo Min grinned, ignoring the pain from her sunburn. By now the three were replying left and right in English, leaving their friends curious on what was being said.

“He’s not the one!” Jisoo sighed, bringing his palm up to his forehead… he could only blame himself for trying to tease the girl. It seemed no matter what, there was always a consequence when you mess with Soo Min.

Both Soo Min and Hansol gasped, frowns on their faces.

“What?! What?!” Jeonghan asked quickly.

“He doesn’t love you!” Soo Min finally spoke to him in their native language.

Jeonghan was about to play along and get dramatic, but he couldn’t do it and laughed. This was too funny. “Is that so?” He asked, looking to Jisoo. “You don’t love me anymore?”

“Jeonghan… I…” Jisoo drawled out. He reached over to tuck the older boy’s hair behind one of his ears and then caressed his cheek like earlier. “I’m sorry.”

The high squeal was heard again and everyone erupted into laughter as Soo Min was hiding behind her locks of hair.

“Don’t do this to me!” She pouted.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Shortly after the comical lunch, Jisoo and his roommates decided to take their leave so Jeonghan and his roommates could rest up before their shift at Pledis Pizza later. Before leaving, Soo Min mentioned that she and Jisoo would be there later to meet up with her friends Bo-Young and Ae-Cha and of course Jeonghan was happy to hear he’d be seeing her once more again today.

“You like Pikachu, right?” Won Woo mumbled as Jeonghan came out of the bathroom, towel drying his hair.

“Eh?” Jeonghan looked at his roommate curious on why he was asking this so randomly.

“Have you asked her out yet?”

“... no.” He frowned, his head dropping. “But she knows…” he looked back up, “she knows I like her, though.”

“Then I don’t understand why you two haven’t hooked up yet? It’s clear she has some sort of crush on you, too,” Won Woo gave a slight frustrated sigh.

“Patience, my friend.” Jeonghan chuckled. “Just give it time.”

Won Woo couldn’t help but notice the hint of dejection on his friend’s face. It wasn’t like Jeonghan was going to blurt out why he and Soo Min haven’t gotten together...

“I’m glad that you ship me with her, thanks.” His face brightened up. “I’ve always shipped you with Mingyu, too.”

“Yah!” Won Woo frowned, not liking that last comment.

Jeonghan just laughed before heading to his room. He sat on his bed and grabbed his phone off his nightstand to check for any missed messages or calls like usual.

 

2 new message(s)

0 missed calls(s)

0 new voicemails(s)

 

“Oh?” He tapped on one of the new messages.

 

Soo Min: Can you help me later at Pledis Pizza?

 

He wondered what kind of help she was needing as he typed back ‘Sure :)’. Then he opened up the other message which happened to be from Jisoo.

 

Jisoo: I can already sense Soo Min is up to something… so I’m going to counter attack, be prepared later!

 

Jisoo’s message really confused him for a moment. What on earth could this mean? How is he suppose to prepare for something he has no knowledge of, anyway?

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Arriving home, Hansol called dibs on the bathroom first for his shower.

“Haven’t you ever heard of ladies first?” Jisoo laughed, successfully stopping the younger boy by the back of his shirt.

“That’s okay. I don’t even have any soap or shampoo with me at the moment. I’ll go buy some and then go to the bath house for now.” Soo Min assured the two as she headed to Jisoo’s room for a change of clothes.

“Will you always be using the bath house after today?” Jisoo asked, honestly curious. He wouldn’t mind it since he thought it would be better that way! His protective side was kicking in of course, but then… if she is to continue living there, she should be able to take a shower in the apartment instead of going out to the bath house every time.

“Maybe a couple of times until everything gets settled.” She nodded.

“What’s your problem, hyung? As if Minghao and I would ever dare peep at her during a shower.” Hansol rolled his eyes. “We’ll get a ‘Do Not Enter’ sign and hang it on the door whenever she’s using the shower.”

“I like that idea!” Soo Min chuckled. “Complete with caution tape, blocked road sign, detour ahead sign.”

“I’ll pick those signs up as soon as I can.” Jisoo replied, completely serious. “It shall be against the law to get 12” near the bathroom door when it’s occupied.”

“If that’ll make you feel better, great!” Soo Min patted him on the back. “I’ll get going now!”

After she was gone, Hansol turned to Jisoo. “You’re going to make a great dad one day if you ever have a daughter.”

“Thanks.” Jisoo smiled, proud of his protective behavior. Someone had to protect his friend!


Chapter nine!

tumblr_inline_nqxxnqQcsG1slzyv8_500.giftumblr_nqu26gtNzJ1t11c1zo2_400.gif

Meanieeeeeeeeee~! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tumblr_nnpno1KyC21scl30to2_540.gif

JIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN~! >_______<

Enough said! LOL JK

ALSO!

Shout out to Chansey/Junhui! For always taking care of Pikachu and the other Pokémon/Characters! >___<

I know Chansey's Pokémon is female, but I find it to fit him well in this story since he's been healing and taking care of the characters, so just ignore the facts that Chansey's Pokémon is female, lol

Also! Happy Birthday to Riaaaaxoxo ^^

Thank you for commenting and supporting my fic

Today(if it's still your B-day) I shall give you another chapter! ^^

>______<

Now . . .

So like I mentioned in the last chapter… there will be some drama in the next chapter, but it shall clear up in the chapter after! So… I hope it’ll be fine and not like… I don’t know, ruin the story? *I’m just a very worried person, I can’t help it! I’m sorry!* But I’m gonna do my best! Hopefully I won’t disappoint anyone!

Hope everyone enjoyed, like always(there I go again, saying always haha)!

Chapter 10 shall be posted depending on how many nice comments I get :) (no that’s a lie, mihane, it’s not about the comments! More like if I can get a couple of chapters done fast enough, I’m trying to stay about 4-5 chapters ahead! D:) Until then!

 

Pikachu fled!giphy.gif