Chapter 12

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It was still pretty early as Jisoo’s eyes fluttered open the next morning. He took notice that his phone was on its charger and he was lying on the Minghao’s bed alone. Sitting up, he rubbed his eyes with a small yawn before searching for the time. 8:20am. I fell asleep last night, didn’t I? He frowned as his eyes landed on the sound asleep Hansol across the room. Did Soo Min ever come home last night? He wondered getting up.

He quietly exited Hansol’s room and noticed Minghao was actually sleeping on one of the living room’s couches. He figured the boy didn’t want to disturb him last night and went there to sleep instead. The couches were comfortable, so at least it wasn’t like Minghao was forced to sleep in discomfort since his older friend hogged up his bed last night. Jisoo would be apologizing to the boy later on, for sure.

When he entered his room, he was relieved to see Soo Min sleeping on his bed. So she did come home… that’s good. Making his way over, he took a seat on the floor next to his bed, looking up at her.

“You really had me worried last night… not answering me back like that…” He said quietly, a slight scolding tone in his voice. “But I can only assume you left to spare the rest of us… I remember how snappy you get when you’re stressed.”

It was quiet as he sat there, talking to his sleeping friend. “Were you okay?” He asked. “Were you alone?” There was only silence. “I’m sorry if you had to go through that alone…” He sighed, feeling guilty. “I should have gone out to look for you, right?” He was her friend… her best friend. He’s been there for her through everything… he was always there but last night.

“Yah…” He heard her mumble tiredly.

“Soo Min?” He looked at her almost startled, he didn’t think she’d wake up since he was being so quiet.

“Are you really… sitting on the floor talking to me in my sleep?”

“You’re not asleep anymore, though.” He chuckled.

“Because you woke me!” She pouted, sitting up.

“I’m sorry.” He gave her a sad smile.

“Aw, Honey, there’s nothing to be sorry about.” She smiled. “I’m okay.”

Jisoo was about to complain about her joking, but decided to let it go. Maybe it was fine if it just wasn’t in front of Bo-Young.

“Are you sure?” He was still worried.

“Yes, don’t worry. I’m getting things under control.” She nodded.

“That’s good.” He smiled.

“By the way, did you feed the kids when you got home?” She decided to steer the conversation away from her.

“Yeah.” He nodded.

“What did you feed them?” She tilted her head.

“Ramen.”

“What?!” She frowned. She grabbed his pillow and started hitting him with it. “That’s the last time I leave you with the task to feed the kids!” She complained, getting up to start breakfast. Jisoo was left in his room, laughing. Momma Soo was home!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Junhui nudged Jeonghan awake as it was two hours before his shift for Pledis Cafe.

“Jeonghan, it’s 10am. Wake up.” His friend said softly, still nudging him.

“I’m awake.” Jeonghan mumbled tiredly with a yawn following after it. He sat up, brushing his hair out of his face while squinting around the room for the time despite Junhui just told him what time it was. 10:04am.

“Come eat breakfast.” His roommate smiled. “Soo Min stopped by to drop off some food.”

“She stopped by?” Jeonghan looked up at him quickly.

“Yeah, about twenty minutes ago.”

“Why didn’t you wake me?!” Jeonghan complained, getting out of bed.

“You came home so late last night, I didn’t want to wake you too soon.” Junhui explained, following the pouting angel out of the room to the table where Won Woo and Mingyu were currently chowing down on the food Soo Min brought them.

“Why doesn’t Pikachu live here?!” Won Woo wailed, mouth full of the delicious food.

“Where are your manners?” Mingyu laughed, nudging the older boy.

Jeonghan joined them at the table with Junhui. They ate in pure joy. What did they do to deserve this amazing food?!

“She left a note when she dropped the food off.” Junhui handed over a small envelope. It was sealed shut with a few layers of clear tape.

 

‘Do NOT read if you are NOT Yoon Jeonghan!’

 

She apparently took the precautions to make sure no one but him reads the note, knowing how a guy’s friends are who wanna know everything when it comes to their friend and a girl.

“Open it!” Mingyu said impatiently.

Jeonghan looked at him and then stared down at the envelope. How was he going to open it with all that tape on it?

Suddenly it was taken from his hand by Mingyu who ripped the side of the envelope off. He pulled out the note inside and threw it back at Jeonghan who stared at him in shock.

“Read it!” Won Woo pointed.

Jeonghan sighed. This note was meant for him and him only… but he guessed no matter what, they’d end up reading it too, regardless of how good he tries hide the folded paper.

 

Good morning, Jeonghan!

I’ve prepared you and your roommates some breakfast, I hope you’ll enjoy it!

During all the events this week, it slipped my mind to pay my phone bill…

So my phone is not in service at the moment, but it shall be back on later today once I pay it!

Also, I will be busy today as I’m having a bed delivered to Jisoo’s apartment.
Right, did we ever tell you guys that I’m staying with Jisoo?
That’s what the bed is for then, hehe.

I shall also be occupied with cleaning and organizing Jisoo’s apartment, too!

Long story short… I may not be able to come see you today. I’m sorry!

:(

But that’s okay, right?

We’ll see each other tomorrow at the picnic!

Don’t overwork yourself, please! Stay hydrated, Squirtle!

We’ll see each other soon!

Have a wonderful day~!

Sincerely, Pikachu~

 

Jeonghan was smiling from ear to ear. The note had little doodles all around of Pikachu, Squirtle, Chansey, Bulbasaur and what appeared to be Won Woo in chibi form. She was talented, he had to admit, and so damn adorable. His smile only grew when he saw the frowny face… this meant she was going to miss him? That she wanted to see him?

“What does it say?” His friends asked curiously.

“Her phone is off, but should be back on later. She’s busy today, so we might not see her tonight, but we’ll definitely see her at the picnic tomorrow.”

“Is that all?” They gave him suspicious eyes, they wanted to know why he was smiling so much.

“Must you know everything?” He sighed, folding up the note and getting up to leave the table.

“She said something cute, didn’t she?” Mingyu chuckled.

“If you know, why ask?” He grinned over his shoulder. “I’m gonna get ready for work.”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Thanks for helping me, Minghao.” Soo Min smiled as she handed him the last plate to dry off.

“You’re welcome.” He smiled back.

“I think that’s it for now. If I need anymore help, I’ll call for you?”

“Sure!” He nodded.

“You can go back to your movie, now.” She patted him on the shoulder. He happily left the kitchen, returning to his paused movie in the living room.  She thought it was so sweet how he paused the movie just so he could help her, such a sweet boy!

Jisoo came into the kitchen a few minutes later.

“How’s the cleaning coming along?” He asked as he got some chilled water from the fridge.

“Good. There wasn’t really much to clean when I started.”

“Probably because I was keeping everything clean from the start.” He chuckled.

“Ah, such a good housewife you are.” She teased. “Now if only you could cook.”

“I know how to cook!” He frowned. “I just… too much effort.”

“I worry for our children.” She shook her head, a concerned look on her face.

“They’re still alive.” Jisoo pouted.

“And still hungry.” She added.

“I’ll make lunch this time.” He sat his water down.

“I was just kidding about you not cooking.” She chuckled.

“No, seriously… I’ll cook!” He turned to the cabinets to get out what he needed.

“That’s okay!” She rushed over to stop him. “I said I’d do the cooking now, didn’t I?!”

Soon they were fighting over the skillet, pulling on it back and forth. What were they doing?!

“What’s going on in here?!” Hansol exclaimed, getting their attention. “Are you two literally fighting over a skillet?” He looked completely confused.

“I said I’d cook lunch today, but she won’t let me!” Jisoo frowned, tugging on the skillet again.

“I said it was fine! I’ll cook!” She tugged back. “Let’s do this, then…” She sighed, letting of the skillet, Jisoo stumbled back a little from her suddenly letting go while he was pulling on it. She called Minghao back into the kitchen. “Who’s cooking do you want to eat for lunch today? Mine, or Jisoo’s?” She asked their kids.

Both Jisoo and Soo Min egged them on to choose themselves causing the younger roommates to laugh. Why was this such a big deal?

Hansol whispered something to Minghao who then smiled weakly, pointing to Jisoo. “I vote for dad’s cooking.”

“What?!” Soo Min frowned. “But why?!”

“I also choose dad’s.” Hansol chuckled. “Doesn’t mom have to go pay her phone bill?”

“That’s right! Get to it, Honey!” Jisoo laughed in victory, pushing her with the skillet.

Truth be told, Jisoo was a fantastic cook, too! He’s just lazy about it sometimes, and there wasn’t much to work with for awhile until now. Soo Min knew this and didn’t like losing to her best friend when it came to cooking, which was why she was so insistent that she’d do all the cooking from now on.

“Aish… fine.” She admitted defeat, heading out of the kitchen. She figured it was about time to go out and pay it, unless she really wants to be phoneless the entire day. Jisoo gave her his phone to take with her so they’d have some sort of contact while she was out.

“You think I’m gonna do something I shouldn’t?” She pouted.

“What if something were to happen? At least you could call for someone!” He said with that parental tone.

“You remind me of the Pokémon, Leavanny. They’re very parental.” She giggled.

“Is that my Pokémon name now?” He chuckled.

“Yes, but I’ll still call you Honey, it’s easier to say.” She grinned. “Also, the kids got their Pokémon names last night, too!” She put her arms around their shoulders. “Meet Fennekin,” she pointed to Hansol, “and Buneary!” pointing to Minghao last.

“Aw, what a cute duo.” Jisoo smiled.

“I know right! I’m so proud of myself. I have the gift of naming Pokémons!” She clasped her hands together. “Now we have Squirtle, Chansey, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Fennekin, Buneary, Leavanny and yours truly, Pikachu~! The Pokémon family is growing!” She said excitedly.

“Now to name the rest of the guys.” Hansol mentioned. “Will it be easy?”

“I’m hoping it is!” She gave a nervous laugh. She really didn’t want to leave anyone out if she ended up naming more of them.

“Good luck, then!” All three guys gave her a thumbs up.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Soo Min had successfully accomplished what she was supposed to do after leaving Jisoo’s apartment. Her phone would be back on in a matter of a few hours and now she was on her way back home. Pledis Cafe happened to be on the path home as she slowed her walking, a smile growing on her face. Maybe I can just go in for some water… that should be okay, right? She thought to herself. She had mentioned in her note to Jeonghan that she probably wouldn’t be able to see him today, and thought maybe she should keep it that way?

“Don’t be silly, Soo Min.” She sighed to herself, continuing her walk to the cafe, she was going in for water!

Before she could get to the door, she noticed a pair of familiar faces walking up the opposite direction to the cafe as well. Crap! She thought as she quickly went inside unnoticed by the two. She was hoping they’d keep on walking, but they ended up entering the cafe, too!

“Soo Min?” She suddenly heard Jeonghan’s voice behind her. She turned around, a bit startled.

“Eh, hi!” She said in a rush, that worried look on her face.

“What’s wrong?” He noticed.

“Ren, why are we here? I thought we were going to get pizza?” A taller guy asked, sounding confused.

“We are…” Ren assured his friend. “It’s just there’s something I have to do first.”

Jeonghan frowned when he saw Ren looking around. He was most likely looking for him.

“Oh, hey, Pikachu!” Seokmin was passing by but was immediately grabbed by Jeonghan.

“Can you do me a favor and hide Soo Min?” He mentioned to his co-worker quietly.

“Uh… sure?” Seokmin looked down to Soo Min who looked concerned about something. “Let’s go.” He lead her away from Jeonghan. Luckily it was in the nick of time as Ren finally spotted him. He walked over with his friend.

“Hello, welcome to Pledis Cafe. May I help you?” Jeonghan asked politely.

“You’re the guy from Pledis Pizza, right? The one who returned my wallet to my friend Baekho?” Ren asked.

“Correct.” Jeonghan nodded.

“Thanks for returning it.” Ren smiled, giving a small bow. “I was so worried when I got home and couldn’t find it.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Baekho said you were with Soo Min and her friend Jisoo when you returned it…”

“I was.”

“Could you give me the address of where she’s staying? She didn’t give her number to anyone since she got here and I need to talk to her.”

Jeonghan frowned. Perhaps this was about her sister Min Hee running off crying last night.

“I’m sorry… you’d have to ask Jisoo himself. He’s not too fond of his friends giving out his address to people he doesn’t know.”

“I’m his friend’s sister’s boyfriend… doesn’t that count?” Ren looked slightly irritated at Jeonghan’s answer. Jeonghan just shook his head. He wasn’t going to tell him, no matter what.

Things were just calming down for Soo Min and she didn’t need for all that drama to blow up in her face again right now. He was sure Ren would find out where Jisoo’s place was soon enough, but for now, he didn’t need to know.

“Fine, I’ll find out some other way. Sorry to bother you. Let’s go, Minhyun.” Ren turned to leave the cafe, Minhyun following him out.

Jeonghan sighed once the two were out of the building. He had to wonder how long it would be before Soo Min becomes stressed again. He was hoping he wouldn’t go through last night again.

He realized he told Seokmin to hide Soo Min and decided to go see where the two were.

He didn’t see them anywhere in the dining area at all and wondered if Seokmin actually took her into the back? Before he could make it around the counter, the two popped up from their hiding spot behind the counter and startled poor Jeonghan. “Rawr~!” They both made clawing motions at him.

“Jeez! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!” Jeonghan frowned, hand clutched over his chest as he tried to calm down.

“Sorry!” They both laughed, coming around the counter.

“Thanks for hiding her… though, definitely could have gone without that startling bit.” Jeonghan pouted slightly while patting his friend on the back.

“No problem!” Seokmin beamed. “I should get back to work now, it was nice seeing you, Pikachu!” He waved to her. He figured she’d be gone by the time he was free again.

“Likewise! We’ll see each other at the picnic tomorrow, so until then!” Soo Min waved back.

“Right, I almost forgot about the picnic tomorrow.” Jeonghan brought his palm to his forehead. So much has been going on, he was forgetting things now.

“Yes, I’m excited!” Soo Min jumped in her spot. “Seungkwan stopped and talked to Seokmin and I for a few minutes about it. He said we could use his kitchen at his place to prepare all the food. Sounds like he has a big house?” She tilted her head.

“Very big house.” Jeonghan nodded. “I fell backwards just trying to look at it…”

“Really?!” She giggled, just imagining it. “Awh, poor Squirtle falling back on his shell like that!”

“Speaking of Squirtle, did you come here for water?” He decided to ask since he didn’t get to earlier when Ren showed up.

“Yes.” She nodded instantly.

“I’ll get them for you then.” He smiled, heading around the counter as she took a seat at one of the stools.

He was back a minute later with two waters… just like the day they first met. Soo Min just had to smile thinking back on it.

“I was on my way home from paying my phone bill… and decided why not stop in since the cafe was on the way home.” She explained after finishing her first water.

“I see, just couldn’t resist getting your two waters?” He teased, leaning on the counter. There weren’t many customers in the cafe at the moment and not many coming in either, which Jeonghan was glad since it meant he could talk with Soo Min for a bit.

“It’s summer, I have to stay hydrated!” She defended, a small blush on her face.

“It looks like your sunburn is still there?” He pointed to her cheeks.

“Yes… I am permanently sunburned. Stop looking at it!” She covered her cheeks with a pouting tone.

“You are too cute.” He laughed.

After a moment of embarrassment, Soo Min decided to ask about Ren.

“Not like I really want to ask, but what did he want?” She mumbled, staring at the melting ice in her cup of water.

“Are you asking?”

“Yes.” She nodded.

“He said he needed to talk with you.” He replied. “Since you didn’t give anyone your number, he was asking for the address of where you’re staying.”

“You didn’t give it to him, did you?” She looked up worriedly.

“No… of course not.” He assured her.

“Good.” She sighed, relieved. “Thanks.”

“You’ll eventually have to face them again soon…” Jeonghan said the obvious.

“I know.” She frowned, not liking the idea of it.

“And when you do… I’ll be there for you again if you need me?”

“Thank you, Jeonghan.” She smiled, happy to hear him say those words.

They exchanged smiles to one another before a few customers came in, making their visiting time over.

“I’ll get going now.” She hopped off her stool. When she pulled out her wallet to pay for her waters…

“I got it.” He grinned.

“Of course.” She shook her head. “I forgot…”

“Remember it… always.” He beamed.


Chapter twelve! ^^

 

250px-542Leavanny.png

Leavanny~!

tumblr_nqescnqwBt1u6bzlzo3_400.gif

Papa Jisoo!

 

Lol… wow he looks really handsome right there…. *stares*

 

tumblr_nq508gR1EN1u7tstao2_r2_400.gif

Jeonghan: You’re staring at the wrong guy, author-nim…

 

tumblr_inline_mqs9fozctG1qz4rgp.gif

Author-nim: You’re getting pretty selfish, you know that?

 

Again, talking to the character in A/N lol

/facepalm

 

Decided to update now even though tomorrow isn't here yet >< lol *just as impatient as the readers jk!*