Chapter 3

Jeonghan, I choose you!

 

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It had been close to ten minutes since Jeonghan and Jisoo entered the ladies restroom. Everyone was curious and worried. “Maybe we should check on them?” Seungkwan asked. They all nodded in agreement and pushed Hansol forward.

“Hey!”

“You don’t have to go in there, just ask how they’re doing!” Seokmin gave him another push.

“Okay! Sheesh!”

Inside, Jisoo and Jeonghan were still trying to come up with a plan on how to get this situation under control all while trying to keep the nervous girl calm.

“You really can’t climb over?” Jisoo asked again.

“I wouldn’t recommend it.” Jeonghan replied. “It’s not exactly safe, I’m just lucky I got over okay.”

“If only we were smaller, we could crawl out from under the stall door.” Soo Min sighed, looking at the small opening towards the bottom. “The stalls in the states have a bigger opening, what the heck?”

All three sighed as it seemed nothing effective was coming to mind. They really didn’t want to damage the stall door trying to get open, and they weren’t ready to call for help either.

“What if we’re stuck in here forever?” Soo Min started to get uneasy all over again.

“We’ll get out, I promise.” Jeonghan assured her. Maybe I should kick the door down… if there’s no other way.

"How's everything in there?" Suddenly they heard Hansol's voice from the doorway.

"Still stuck." Jisoo replied.

"What are you doing? Won Woo?!" They heard Seungkwan ask.

Foot steps entering the bathroom was heard and there Won Woo appeared, a flat head screwdriver in hand.

"Yeah,” he brought a hand up to the back of his head a hint of embarrassment on his face, “ sorry for entering the ladies roo-"

"I really don't think that matters right now!" Soo Min exclaimed once again.

"What are you going to do?" Jisoo asked as Won Woo walked up to the stall. He stuck the screwdriver in between the crack of the stall, specifically where the lock was.

"I'm gonna save Pikachu." He smirked.

Jeonghan brought his palm to his forehead as Soo Min giggled at the delivery boy's comment.

There was silence for a minute or so as Won Woo tried to figure out how he was going to pick this lock. It wasn’t something that he did a lot, but it was definitely something he knew how to do for unknown reasons.

"What if it doesn't work?" Soo Min mutter quietly. "What if we end up dying in here?!" Now she was being dramatic, but she couldn’t help it, she was nervous. It wasn’t like getting stuck in a bathroom stall happened to her every day.

“It’s okay, we’re not dying.” Jeonghan gave her a warm smile. “I promise.”

"Yeah, no one is dying, not on my watch!" Won Woo said cooly before he successfully picked the lock. The stall door opened and they were greeted with Jisoo and Won Woo's relieved faces.

"Free! We’re free!" She stepped out of the stall only to head to the sink and washed her hands.

The three boys stared at her in amusement at how she casually walked over like she just didn’t spend the last forty minutes stuck in the bathroom stall.

“You’re fine?” Jisoo asked as she returned to them.

“A little claustrophobic, but yes, I’m fine.” She glanced at the door. “Can we get out of here?” Then made a dash for it. She pulled on it only for it to remain closed. “Oh no! The door’s stuck!” She shouted with a slight panicked tone.

“You’re opening it the wrong way!” She heard Hansol shout from the other side. After stepping back, he opened it.

“Oh my goodness, I never thought I’d be so relieved to see you, bratty roommate!” She exclaimed, grabbing Hansol’s face into her hands.

“Please tell me you washed your hands?!” He complained.

“Of course I did!” She frowned, lightly slapping one of his cheeks before turning to Minghao who was standing there looking confused like always. “Minghao!” She smiled. “Minghao! Minghao!” She waved to him. He smiled and waved back.

“I suppose we should put a sign on that stall for now, so no one else gets stuck.” Jeonghan mentioned as he and the other two came out of the bathroom.

“I guess you three can cross ‘enter the girls bathroom’ off your bucket lists, now.” Jihoon joked teasingly when they passed him.

“Why don’t you cross it off your list as well?” Won Woo grabbed him and shoved him into the mentioned bathroom and shut the door, leaning on the door to keep the smaller boy from getting out. He was older than the boy at least.

“Yah! Let me out! This is not funny! Jeon Won Woo!” Jihoon shouted from inside.

“C’mon, let him out already.” Mingyu said with a slight laugh. He’d be lying if he said he didn’t think this was funny. Teasing Won Woo had its consequences sometimes.

“Just a few more seconds.” Won Woo grinned.

“Excuse me?” Suddenly he turned to see Soo Min standing there with a paper and a piece of tape. Jeonghan had kindly asked if she could place the notice on the bathroom stall for him. “Can you let me inside, please? I need to tape this notice to the bathroom stall door.”

“Sure, no problem.” Won Woo smiled, moving away from the door.

“Thank you~!” She beamed before opening the door. She was met with Jihoon’s irritated face.

“Yah!” He had thought it was Won Woo he was shouting at when the door opened.

“Sorry?!” She backed up, startled.

“Oh! No! I wasn’t shouting at you!” He quickly shook his head, regret clear on his face. “Sorry!” He stepped out embarrassed.

“It’s okay.” She nodded with a small laugh before heading into the bathroom.

“Nice.” Won Woo teased as Jihoon appeared from out behind the opened door. The door was shutting when Jihoon glared at him before heading back to their friends at the tables.

“Serves him right, teasing everyone day and night.” Mingyu held his hand up for Won Woo to high-five.

“Right?” His friend laughed, high-fiving him before Soo Min’s head poked out from behind the door.

“Uhhh… could one of you perhaps hold the door open until I tape the notice…?” She asked quietly, looking nervous.

“Sure.” Won Woo nodded, holding the door open.

“Thank you!” She smiled again and headed back inside.

“She’s a bit like Jeonghan.” Mingyu commented quietly.

“Agreed. Perfect match, don’t you think?” Won Woo’s smile grew wider.

 

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“We’re really sorry for what happened tonight. Your orders are on us.” Jeonghan bowed, apologizing to Jisoo’s table. He was still an employee of the restaurant, so he had to apologize regardless.

“It’s okay! You already took care of my order from the cafe already.” Soo Min shook her head. “It was just a crazy accident, that’s all. We’ll pay.”

“You’re not even the one paying!” Hansol stared at her.

“It’s okay.” Jeonghan assured them. “Don’t worry.”

“Thanks.” Jisoo nodded. “You’re too kind.”

“I hope the incident with the bathroom won’t discourage you in returning to Pledis Pizza?” Jeonghan turned to Soo Min.

“No! It won’t, cause there are brave men who will save me should it happen again!” She grinned. “I didn’t get a chance to thank you for climbing over. Even if it was the delivery boy who got us out of there, that was brave of you! Thanks!”

“I was worried I was going to have to kick the door open.” Jeonghan smiled weakly.

“Would you have been able too?” Hansol asked, curious. Their friend was pretty… feminine and fragile looking at times. Would he even have the strength to do it?

“Of course!” Soo Min nodded. “All men are strong!” She was so adorable! The three looked at her, appreciating her compliment.

“Though, some are stronger.” Hansol just had to go and ruin the moment. Jisoo elbowed him and Soo Min kicked him under the table. “Ow! What’d I do?!”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It was closing time by now as everyone got ready to leave. Jisoo had brought Soo Min over to the other’s table to introduce her since they were all there, it was more convenient this way instead of having to introduce her every time he ran into the clueless ones. They chatted, asking curious questions as expected and she was able to put the ‘Jisoo’s secret girlfriend’ rumor to rest. He was glad to see she got along with his friends well, despite she complained he had too many.

“Bye Pikachu!” The three from Pledis Cafe called out from the front entrance. It appeared that was her name to them and she smiled, waving back to them.

“We’re leaving too, see you around, Pikachu!” Seungcheol waved, his two friends behind him doing the same.

“See you soon!” She waved back. She was told they lived in the apartment across from Jisoo’s.

Now the only ones left were Jisoo’s group and the Pledis Pizza workers, Jeonghan, Junhui, Won Woo and Mingyu.

“I suppose we should get going too.” Jisoo spoke up, noticing the time. It was 10:15PM.

“Already?” Soo Min frowned as she was sitting on a stool at the counter.

“You want to stay longer?” He asked, a small smile coming to his lips when he noticed how Jeonghan seemed to have a big grin on his face when she had said that. It’s been awhile since he last saw his friend this way. He only acted like this when he was crushing on a girl he liked.

“Why don’t we stay until they’re done closing up?” Hansol suggested, also taking notice of Jeonghan’s behavior.

“Sure.” Jisoo nodded. “That okay, Minghao?”

“Me?” He asked.

“We’re staying!” Soo Min said pointing to her sitting position with a big smile on her face.

“Okay!” Minghao nodded.

“How is it that we’ve known him longer, yet she’s better at communicating with him?” Hansol noted, stirring his drink with his straw.

“Because everyone is Ash, and she’s Pikachu. The two always understood each other without words.” Jisoo humored as both Minghao and Soo Min were engaging in small talk.

“All this Pokémon stuff is giving me a headache.”

“Where’s Chansey when you need her?” Soo Min beamed.

“Here you go!” Junhui set down some medicine for Hasol to take for his oncoming headache. “Here’s some water, too.”

“Chansey!” Both Minghao and Soo Min smiled happily.

“Is everyone getting a Pokémon name after today?” Hansol mumbled before taking the medicine.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

After a good twenty minutes, Pledis Pizza was finally closed and locked up as everyone was standing outside together.

“What an eventful day.” Won Woo blurted out. “We found a Pikachu, lost a Pikachu, saved a Pikachu.” Everyone just had to laugh at that.

“Thanks again for your help, you two.” Soo Min bowed towards Jeonghan and Won Woo. Both smiled, replying ‘No problem’ in sync.

“We’ll hopefully get that stall fixed as soon as possible.” Mingyu put out there. “Until then, perhaps avoid the bathroom here.”

“Got it!” She gave two thumbs up.

“Alright, it’s time to go for real this time.” Jisoo spoke up, patting his friend on the shoulder.

“Okay.” Soo Min sighed like a little child.

“You all get home safe.” Jeonghan smiled. “Good night.”

“Good night! Don’t let the Caterpies bite!” She waved at them with a big smile.

“She is just too cute!” Junhui couldn’t help but exclaim in Mandarin.

“And nice!” Minghao added, also in Mandarin.

Once they were gone, Jeonghan’s friends focused on him.

Don’t let the Caterpies bite! How adorable!” Won Woo teased.

“That was adorable, I’ll admit it.” Jeonghan couldn’t stop his smiling.

“So… what are you going to do?” Mingyu asked.

“What do you mean?” He looked at him a tad confused.

“Are you going to catch that Pikachu?” Junhui added.

“Why is everyone rhyming their sentences all of a sudden?!” Jeonghan laughed.

“Beats me.” Won Woo shrugged.

“Must be the summer heat.” Mingyu grinned.

“Then let’s go home.” Jeonghan turned around and started heading towards their shared apartment.

“Anyone in the mood for some meat?” Junhui asked.

“You did that on purpose!” The others laughed, pushing him off the sidewalk while laughing.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Did you have fun today?” Jisoo asked as he was sitting on the edge of his bed beside Soo Min who was ready to head for dreamland.

“Yes. You have some interesting friends.” She nodded tiredly.

“Thanks.” He chuckled. “They can be a handful at times, though.”

“All friends are like that.” She grinned, obviously referring to herself and collapsing at 70°F degree weather.

"Especially you." He pointed at her.

“Especially me.” She grinned wider.

“You’re too funny.” He laughed. “Get some sleep. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Okay! Sweet dreams, dear friend! Sleep tight! Don’t let the Caterpies bite!”

“Goodnight, Pikachu.” He switched the light off with a smile before closing the door.

When he returned to Hansol’s room, Minghao was already in the bed near the wall sleeping. The boy had left some room for Jisoo to sleep once he returned. Hansol was currently in bed, listening to his ipod, oblivious that Jisoo had returned to the room. He sighed, shaking his head before switching the light off which startled Hansol.

“Don’t do that!” He almost shouted. Jisoo threw a magazine that was in arms reach at him.

“Shh! You’ll wake up Minghao!” He whispered.

“What is with everyone and hitting me, lately?” The attacked complained quietly.

“Just go to sleep.” Jisoo laughed. “Night.”

“Night. Don’t let the Caterpies bite.” Hansol said with a slight laugh.

“It’s only cute when Pikachu says it.” His roommate teased.

“I wasn’t trying to be cute!”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

In the morning, Jeonghan was completely passed out, lying diagonal on his bed still dressed in his clothes from last night, he was so tired when he got home, he fell onto his bed and was instantly asleep.

“Pikachu~!” Suddenly the Pokémon sounded off in his shared room with Junhui. “Pikachu~!” Again. “Pikachu~!”

Junhui covered his head with his pillow, getting annoyed by the sound before he realized…

He jumped up out of bed and rushed over to his knocked out roommate. “Jeonghan! Jeonghan! Wake up! Wake up! Pikachu is texting you!”

“Will you stop calling her that!” Jeonghan complained, sitting up tiredly.

“Pikachu~!”

“What the?” Jeonghan grabbed his phone off his night stand. “Who did this?”

“I did! It thought it’d be cute! You’ll know whenever she texts you now!”

Jeonghan wasn’t sure if he should be mad or glad. What a cute idea!

“What did she say?!”

He opened up the message and took a look.

 

Pikachu~♥: Good morning!!! :D

 

“You changed the name, too?” Jeonghan eyed him, feeling conflicted.

“You said Pikachu was your favorite, right?!” Junhui winked. There was no stopping the smile that returned to Jeonghan’s face. He shook his head before turning back to the texts messages.

 

Pikachu~♥: I hope you slept well, Mr. Workaholic!

Pikachu~♥: Need your energy if you wanna survive two jobs in the summer heat!

Pikachu~♥: Still wondering how you do that! D:

 

Jeonghan smiled, slightly surprised she sent four texts. She could have sent only one, the ‘Good morning’ one, but she didn’t. She didn’t even have to text, period!

 

Jeonghan: Good morning! I slept great! Thank you! Everyone wonders that, haha!

 

Pikachu~♥: I hope so, or I can give you a shock of energy! >< Pikachuuuuu~!

 

At this point, the smile on Jeonghan’s face was huge. She was so… cute.

“Is he okay?” Suddenly Mingyu asked from the doorway.

“He’s just incredibly happy!” Junhui gushed. “Pikachu texted him first!”

“She texted him first? Wow… looks like you might not be the only one crushing.” He smirked before clasping his hands together. “It was love at first sight!”

Jeonghan’s roommates were ignored as he continued to text the girl a bit more. She explained what she’d be doing today and had mentioned she’d tried to stop by Pledis Cafe before his shift was over. If he wasn’t ready for work before, he was now.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“You seem to be in a good mood.” Jihoon said as he, Jeonghan and their other two co-workers were on their way to their afternoon shift.

“Junhui said Pikachu was going to stop by later.” Seokmin pointed out.

“Really?” Seungkwan smiled, excited.

“She’s okay? You know, after last night?” Jihoon asked with a slight concerned look.

“She’s fine.” Jeonghan nodded.

“Let’s hope nothing like that happens at the cafe, too.” He crossed his fingers as they crossed the street. They were on the same street Pledis Cafe and Pledis Pizza were when a girl came around the corner they were passing. She had a familiar pokéball backpack with the Pokémon key chains. Even the same cap from yesterday. It was Soo Min!

“Look, it’s Pikach-”

“I will travel across the land, searching far and wide… Each Pokémon to understand, the power that’s inside~!” She was singing to the Pokémon theme song!

“She can’t hear us?” Seungkwan wondered, catching a glimpse of her earphones.

“Pokémon! Gotta catch them all! It’s you and me, I know it’s my destiny! Pokémon, oh, you’re my best friend in a world we must defend!” She continued to sing, earning a few glances from other people on the sidewalk. Some smiled and some laughed, but you could easily tell they weren’t laughing at her, but laughing because she was just too cute! Lost in her own little Pokémon world.

“Pokémon, a heart so true, our courage will pull us through! You teach me and I’ll teach you, Po-ké-mon, gotta catch ‘em all!”

Jihoon, Seokmin and Seungkwan clapped quietly at her small performance as Jeonghan continued to stare in awe. But then suddenly she collapsed to the ground.

“Squirtle! Where are you?! I need you!” She complained, noticing Pledis Cafe was only a few feet away.

“Here!” Suddenly a chilled water bottle was offered to her. She looked up to see Jeonghan kneeling down in front of her, a look of concern on his face.

“Squirtle?!” She smiled in relief.

“Squirtle!” His friends repeated.

Oh great.

Another nickname.


Chapter three~! >_<

 

Eugh, the summer heat is awful this year OTL

Everyone! Be sure to drink tons of water >____<

Or Squirtle(Jeonghan) can come help you~! LOL

007.png