Chapter 2

Jeonghan, I choose you!

 

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Wow, she really likes Pokémon.” Hansol mumbled as they saw Soo Min come out of her temporary room wearing a pokéball shirt, Pokémon themed shoes and to top it all off… a Pikachu beanie.

“We all have something we’re a big fan of, right?” Jisoo chuckled to his left.

“Pikachu!” Minghao pointed with a smile as Soo Min walked up to them.

“Yes, I am Pikachu!” She said happily.

“Ready to go then, Pikachu?” Jisoo asked, opening the front door.

“Yes, ready to travel!” She nodded, giving two thumbs up. “Let’s go catch some pizzas!”

“You’re so lame.” Hansol laughed only to get smacked up side the back of his head.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“How are you not tired after working the noon shift across the street?” Jeonghan’s friends asked impressed like always as he’d change into his second job uniform in the back room. He clipped his name tag on and turned to them with a bright smile.

“Proper sleep, healthy diet, exercise… energy drinks.” He mumbled towards the end.

“Was that suppose to be a secret?” The delivery boy, Won Woo, asked while holding in a laugh.

“I only need them sometimes.” He shook his head. “That and, I love my jobs!”

“Of course you would, Mr. Employee of the month.” His cashier friend rolled his eyes, pointing at Jeonghan’s picture on the wall. His name tag read Mingyu.

“Don’t worry, you’ll get to be on the wall someday!” Jeonghan grinned. “Just gotta keep at it.”

“I don’t want to be on the wall!” Mingyu protested.

Just then they heard the bell at the front entrance alerting new customers. “Time for work!” Jeonghan beamed, heading out of the room.

“He’s not human.” Both Won Woo and Mingyu sighed, dropping their heads. Their shifts were just starting and already they were tired. This was their only job, too!

The two started to head out when…

“Wait!” Mingyu suddenly shouted.

“Ah! Don’t shout!” Won Woo clutched his chest, startled. “What is it?” He turned to Mingyu.

“Your tag is crooked.” He answered, reaching over and adjusting it. Then he adjusted his uniform collar… When he reached to fix his hair, Won Woo smacked his hands away.

“Yah, quit that!” He turned away with an embarrassed frown. Mingyu only laughed, following him out of the back room.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Soo Min?!” A girl with orange hair asked as Jisoo and the three were walking, on their way to Pledis Pizza.

“Eh?” Soo Min turned to look back at the person they passed. She recognize it to be one of her older sister’s friends, Nari.

“It’s been so long! How have you been?! What are you doing? Are these boys your friends?! Do you have a boyfriend now?!”

“One question at a time!” Soo Min laughed. “I’ve been good. We’re going for pizza. Yes… and no.” She answered in order before turning to Jisoo. “You remember Nari?”

“Right, it’s been awhile.” He smiled, waving.

“You two have grown up so much!” Nari faked a few tears. “I’d love to stay and catch up, but I’ll be late for my date if I do! Maybe next time?!”

“That’s okay, have fun on your date!” Soo Min waved her sister’s friend off who nearly bumped into other people when she waved back.

“Is her date by any chance… JR?” Jisoo smiled, memories of a few years ago coming to mind.

Jisoo and Soo Min had attended their first year of high school together with Min Hee and everyone else before they once again… moved.

“I would hope it’s him! Otherwise he’s going to be single for ever, that shy guy!”

“I’m sure we’ll be seeing the others around here pretty soon.”

“True, maybe we should hurry and eat before we get distracted again!” She pointed ahead of them. “Let’s go catch them pizzas boys!”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Jisoo has a secret girlfriend he never told us about?!” Seungcheol blurted out, causing other customers around them to look at him and his friends in annoyance for interrupting their dining experience...

“Why do you keep insisting that’s the situation?!” Jihoon asked Seungkwan with a laugh.

Everyone from Pledis Cafe were now at the neighboring Pledis Pizza across the street. Seokmin, Seungkwan and Jihoon met up with their small group of other friends that weren’t particularly working and actually enjoying their summer break, Seungcheol, Soonyoung and Chan. They hadn’t been home yet, since they were actually Jisoo’s neighbors, those three had no idea about Jisoo letting a girl stay with him, Hasol and Minghao so suddenly. Jihoon was trying to explain what was going on, but Seungkwan kept blurting out untrue things.

“So, no secret girlfriend?” Chan asked.

“No. Just an old friend.” Jihoon answered. “To our understanding, she had a choice to stay with her parents, or her older sister… but she chose to stay with Jisoo. We’re thinking she chose him because she likes hi-”

“Ehem. Your orders.” Suddenly someone interrupted them, placing two large pizzas down.

“Oh, right, and Jeonghan is already crushing on the girl.” Jihoon added.

“Am not!” The accused pouted, even though it was true, he didn’t want everyone to start teasing him about it, not while he was at work either.

“What? Jeonghan is crushing on a girl?!” Won Woo, who had just gotten back from a delivery, headed to their table when he overheard the conversation. That would probably explain his extra chipper mood this evening!

“Someone’s crushing on a girl!?” Another co-worker showed up to the table looking very interested, almost excited. His name tag read Junhui.

“Girl? Crush?” Mingyu showed up, standing next to the delivery boy with a grin on his face. “Who?!”

“Hey, look!” Seokmin pointed to the entrance.

“It’s Pikachu!” Jihoon and Seungkwan cheered.

“Pikachu?” Everyone including Jeonghan asked before looking over to the entrance. There was Jisoo entering with his roommates and Soo Min who happened to be wearing a Pikachu beanie.

“That’s her?!” Their clueless friends asked quickly. Jihoon nodded. “What’s her name?”

“Pikachu.”

“Really?” Chan asked, more confused.

“No, she has a name and it’s Soo Min.” Jeonghan clarified. “I’ll be right back!” He then happily rushed over to greet the four.

“See… totally crushing on her!” Jihoon pointed out.

“How cute!” Junhui gushed, excited for his roommate.

Meanwhile…

“Hi! Welcome to Pledis Pizza!” Jeonghan greeted Jisoo and the other three.

“Whoa! No way, you work here too?!” Soo Min smiled, happy to see a familiar face again.

“Yes!” He nodded. “I work at the Cafe during the afternoon and here during the evening.”

“He’s a workaholic.” Hansol muttered.

“How come you haven’t melted yet?!” She frowned as she began to fan herself. “It’s so hot! How can you work in this heat?!”

“It’s only 76°F in here!” Jisoo laughed, his friend sure was sensitive to temperatures.

“Perhaps you should take the booth closest to the AC?” Jeonghan chuckled, leading them to the suggested booth. “Two waters?” He asked Soo Min.

“You remembered my order!” She grinned.

“It’s not that hard to remember water…” Hansol shook his head. Jisoo nudged him to be quiet as Soo Min answered a ‘yes’ to Jeonghan.

“The usual?” Jeonghan asked the other three who nodded. “Coming right up!”

After he left, Soo Min leaned forward on the table and whispered… “Is he human?”

Jisoo and Hansol burst into fits of laughter, Minghao stared at them confused for a second before deciding to laugh along. “I asked if… Jeonghan is… human.” Soo Min said slowly to Minghao, not wanting to leave him out.

“Of course he is!” He smiled.

“How?!”

“No one knows.” Jisoo shook his head. “I guess he’s just hardworking.”

“He’s always happy and positive.” Hansol added. Soo Min nodded before looking to Minghao for any other opinions about the ridiculously cheery guy.

“Me?” He pointed at himself, tilting his head.

“Oh! Sorry! Nothing!” She assured him. “Excuse me… I need the ladies room before I consume water again!”

“TMI!” Hansol frowned.

“Everyone pees, grow up.” She laughed.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Jeonghan had returned with the waters and everyone else’s drinks shortly after Pikachu's departure, when he asked where Soo Min was, Jisoo mentioned she had gone to the bathroom. They placed their food order before he headed back over to the counter that was now crowded by his co-workers, curious about the Pikachu girl.

“What more can I tell you that Jihoon didn’t?” Jeonghan sighed as he was surrounded. Closing time was in an hour or so and customers had began to take their leave, making the small restaurant slightly empty.

“He says you’re crushing on her.” Won Woo, brought up. Jeonghan just sighed once more.

“You’re not denying it now?!” Mingyu, grinned.

“I’m not going to say anything.” He frowned. “Can we please not talk about this here?”

“Sure, we can talk about it at home!” Junhui beamed.

“Aish…” Jeonghan shook his head before Jisoo’s order was ready.

He served the pizza to the table and noticed how Soo Min still hadn’t returned. He couldn’t help but get slightly worried. Was she sick? When he looked around, he noticed there were no longer anymore females in the restaurant he could ask to go in and check for Soo Min.

Once he returned to his friends, they mentioned they too also noticed the girl hadn’t returned to the table. Some wondered if she left, but couldn’t recall ever seeing her go out the only entrance and exit.

“I hope she’s not sick or something…” Junhui said a bit concerned.

“Me too.” Jeonghan nodded. “But she seemed fine last I saw her.”

“What else could be the problem?” Won Woo wondered out loud. “Stuck? Trapped?”

“Nonsense! As if that could really happen.” Mingyu nudged him. “The bathroom stalls should be working fine!”

“It was just a thought.” He sighed, but he couldn’t get rid of that gut feeling that maybe it was just that..

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

More time had passed by now, half the pizza at Jisoo’s table was already gone and Pikachu was still missing!

“Where is she?” Jeonghan mumbled to himself, standing at the counter.

“Pikachu still missing?” Jihoon called over to Jeonghan from the table.

“She has a name!” He pouted. “And yes…” He turned his focus to the ladies restroom. “Could she really be stuck in there?”

A thought occurred to him then. He pulled out his phone and pulled up her number to compose a text.

 

Jeonghan: Hi, Soo Min, it’s Jeonghan! Is everything okay with you? It appears you haven’t returned to the table…

 

It felt like time was moving painstakingly slow as he waited for a reply. It was a moment before his phone buzzed in his hand.

 

Soo Min: OMG! Jeonghan! Help! I’m stuck in the bathroom stall! The lock somehow got jammed and I’m not small enough to crawl out from under and the stall is too high for me to climb out! I texted Jisoo, but he never answered me! That loser! I didn’t have anyone else’s number or Pledis Pizza’s number!

 

“Oh no!” Jeonghan said out loud while reading her text. That’s what really happened?! He thought to himself in utter shock.

“What?!” His friends noticed him.

“Was I right?” Won Woo caught a glimpse of Jeonghan’s phone. “The bathroom stalls should be working fine!” He repeated to Mingyu who rolled his eyes.

“So you were right… one time.”

“Many times!” Won Woo corrected.

Jeonghan quickly rushed over to Jisoo’s table during the two’s talk. “Jisoo, do you have your phone with you?!”

“Why?” He asked as he reached into his empty pocket. He reach into his other pocket before frowning and looking up at his friend. “I think I forgot it at home.”

“What’s wrong?” Hansol asked when he saw the worried look on Jeonghan’s face.

“Soo Min is stuck in the bathroom!” He explained. “She said the lock was jammed and she can’t crawl or climb out.”

“No way!”

“What should we do?! There’s no other girls we can send in to help her.”

Jisoo suddenly got up and headed over to the ladies room.

“What are you doing?!” Hansol exclaimed, gathering the attention of their other friends immediately. Everyone got up and rushed over, making a small crowd before the ladies restroom door.

“Pikachu is in trouble.” Jisoo mumbled before facing his friends, giving off a somewhat movie vibe.

“You’re calling her that, too?” Jeonghan frowned. It was a cute nickname to call her… but it was weird since... Pikachu is supposedly a boy, right?

“Just FYI,” Chan raised his hand to get Jeonghan’s attention, “there are female Pikachus in Pokémon.” He looked at him, tilting his head. “Just in case… you were thinking it’s strange to call her Pikachu?”

“Thanks… Chan.” Jeonghan chuckled. “You read my mind, like always.”

“Read his mind again and see if he likes Pikachu!” Seungkwan and Seungcheol nudged Chan with teasing looks.

“Back to the situation at hand.” Jisoo spoke up, gaining their attention again. “We have a few choices here, we can either ‘A’ call for help, or ‘B’ fix this on our own since it’s late and well… no telling how soon help will arrive.”

“I vote for ‘B’!” Seungkwan spoke up. A few of their friends did the same.

“So what? You’re going in there?” Hansol asked the obvious.

“I have to.” Jisoo nodded. “But I’ll need someone else to help me.”

Immediately Jeonghan was pushed forward while everyone else took a few steps back.

“Unbelievable.” Jeonghan faced his friends, feeling betrayed. But that soon passed quickly as he realized Soo Min did need help.

“Let’s go!” Jisoo turned around and opened the ladies bathroom door.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Soo Min!” Jisoo called out as they entered the bathroom.

“We’re so sorry for entering!” Jeonghan said next, sounding a tad embarrassed. “There’s no ill intent-”

“It’s just a bathroom!” Soo Min exclaimed. Was this really a time to be worrying about two guys coming into the ladies room? She was stuck and needed help!

“You said the lock is jammed?” Jisoo asked, walking up to the only closed stall.

“Yeah, no matter what I do, it just won’t get unstuck!”

“What should we do?” Jeonghan asked standing beside him.

“I think the only thing we can do is help her get out of there without damaging the stall…”

“And how do we do that?”

“Since I’m taller-”

“By an inch!”

“-I’ll boost you up on over and from there, you’ll boost her on up and over.” Because there was nothing on the outside to get a lift from, he’d be the one to boost him up. Once he was over and got Soo Min over, he could get a boost from the toilet.

“I-I don’t think I like that idea.” Soo Min stuttered behind the stall.

“Don’t worry, I’ll catch you!” Jisoo assured her.

The two boys got into position before Jisoo warned Soo Min to get away from the stall door so Jeonghan wouldn't accidently hit her when he climbs over. The girl was so worried she just couldn’t get herself to speak up and stop them.

Jeonghan finally climbed over after Jisoo gave him a boost and he had to admit, climbing over was a bit scary. There wasn't enough sturdy... solid anything to hold onto! So he had to wonder... how was Soo Min going to get over?

"Just climb over when he gives you a boost." Jisoo said from the other side.

"Uh, so do you think this is a bad time to admit my fear of heights?" She asked, the fear clearly heard in her voice.

"Really?" Jisoo frowned. "Since when?"

"Since I fell off the jungle gym and broke my arm." She answered, the memory flashing by in her mind.

"Oh, no." Jeonghan felt bad for her, naturally.

“That piece of information would have been greatly appreciated before I just boosted Jeonghan over… Now you’re both stuck?”

What do they do from here, now?


Chapter two! ^^

 

Ehehehe, when I saw how many subs I got after a day… I just felt like I should post Ch 2.

A whole week seems pretty long… huh? ><

I only said that because I didn’t want to run out of chapters before I’d have to update again... I’m not much of a fast writer so I’d hate for the story to go un-updated for long periods of time…

I do have a couple of chs already ready so we’ll just see how things go XD

Again, hope you enjoyed this chapter! This was the ridiculous thing I was talking about in the foreward LOL but it’s entertaining, right?! This story is purely for entertainment, to put a smile on your face, to give you a laugh, to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when cute things happen

>_______________< I hope I’m doing a good job so far, yes?

Did anyone notice the Meanie Couple? LOL I JUST HAD TO, I JUST… HAD TO!

OTL….

Thanks to all who subscribed and commented and even upvoted! Thanks for supporting this fic, means a lot to me! :D