Chapter 30

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Junhui returned to his shared room after turning off the other lights in the apartment. He made sure to check on the Meanie couple, putting a blanket over the two so they wouldn’t catch a cold since it was chilly tonight due to the rain outside. He was happy to see the two cuddled up to each other. I guess they’re official now? He thought before leaving their room.

When he entered his shared room, he smiled at how the SooHan couple were also cuddled up to each other, they looked so cute! Are they official now, too? He wondered as he put Jeonghan’s blanket over the both of them. Once he was ready to sleep, he turned off his lamp near his bed and lied down, whispering a good night to the other two before drifting off to sleep.

He didn’t expect to wake up an hour later to the sound of chattering teeth. He was confused at first before finding out it was Soo Min across the room, shivering. Getting up, he turned his lamp on to see Jeonghan was hogging the blanket, leaving poor Pikachu out in the cold. Junhui frowned with a sigh as he left to get a spare blanket for the freezing Pikachu. I think he’s forgotten how to sleep next to someone… He thought to himself as he placed the spare blanket on Soo Min. Soon, the chattering died down and he smiled with relief. Yawning, he headed back to his bed and turned the lamp off once more. It didn’t take too long for him to fall back asleep.

 

Two hours later…

 

“Again?” Junhui muttered quietly as he had woken up chattering teeth of Pikachu again. Oh right, wasn’t she sensitive to temperatures? He remembered back before getting up to check on her. “Damn it… Jeonghan.” He sighed, seeing his roommate had stolen the extra blanket he gave to Soo Min. He thought about giving her another blanket… but would Jeonghan steal that one too? It was pretty cold tonight after all. Suddenly an idea struck him.

He headed to the closet to get a hoodie for her to wear just in case Jeonghan decides to steal the third blanket again. He returned to Soo Min’s side of the bed and gently nudged her awake so she could put the hoodie on.

“Why is it so cold?” She whimpered, sitting up.

“It’s still raining outside.” He told her while helping her put the hoodie on. “I gave you a blanket earlier, but it seems Jeonghan stole it from you.”

“Oh? Jeonghan… wait… where am I?” She suddenly looked around.

“You fell asleep here. It was late and still raining, so Jisoo and I thought to just let you be.”

“Ah… okay. Thanks.” She smiled tiredly.

“No problem. I hope he doesn’t steal this blanket, too.” He said, unfolding it to put on her.  

Once she was covered for the third time, Junhui returned back to his bed, fingers crossed that he wouldn’t hear anymore teeth chattering from her anytime soon.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Morning finally came around and luckily the rain that lasted almost all night finally came to a stop. Junhui was first in waking up, despite being the last one to sleep as well as waking up a few times during the night. He was happy to see Soo Min cuddled up into Jeonghan’s arms once again. He figured the guy must’ve woken up sometime during the night or this morning and discovered his freezing Pikachu next to him.

Quietly, he got his phone from his nightstand and composed a text to Jisoo who he had promised to give a report on the SooHan duo first thing in the morning.

 

Junhui: Good morning, hyung! Things are still cute and fluffy over here, no funny business happened through the night… sorry to disappoint you! XD

 

During the few minutes he waited for Jisoo to reply, realizing the older could still be sleeping, he got up to use the bathroom. After, he checked in on the Meanie couple who were still fast asleep, holding each other in their arms. All this love in the air makes me jealous. Junhui thought with a weak smile as he returned to his bed where Jisoo’s text was waiting for him. Even this hyung has a girl…

 

Jisoo: I am not disappointed at all, thank you very much! DX

 

Junhui: Sure, hyung, sure. ;)

 

Jisoo: Yah~! T^T I am going back to sleep. BYE!

 

Junhui chuckled at his irritated friend’s text before he heard a small squeal across the room.

“Hey! Where do you think you’re touching?!” Soo Min sat up quickly from her spot next to Jeonghan who woke up startled.

“S-Sorry?” Jeonghan mumbled out tiredly. “What did I do?”

“Oh yeah, like you don’t know!” She frowned, arms crossed over her chest as she got off his bed.

“What’s wrong?” Junhui asked, curious. He knew Jeonghan wasn’t the touching type, it must’ve been a total accident.

“N-Nothing! I’ll go use the bathroom!” She said with a flushed face, running off.

Jeonghan sat up, running a hand through his messy hair before looking at Junhui.

“Hyung, what did you do?” Junhui teased.

“I don’t know! Whatever I did, it was an accident!” Jeonghan said, trying to think what happened. It finally became clear to him… and a blush spread across his face instantly at the realization. It must’ve happened when he was looking for the blanket, he accidentally grabbed the front of the hoodie she was wearing. “Oh god.” He muttered, covering his face. “She must think I’m a ert now!”

“Well, aren’t you?” Junhui teased some more, only to get a pillow thrown at him. “Relax, it was an accident!”

“Still! She’s never had a guy touch her before… she’s innocent!”

“You’re freaking out over nothing, I’m sure she’ll understand if you just explain it to her.” Junhui assured him as he got up to head out of the room. “If you want, I can say something before you tell her?”

“Like what?”

“Like it was a complete accident, don’t get the wrong idea. I’ve been your friend long enough to confirm you aren’t that kind of guy. She’ll have to believe me, right?”

“I’m so embarrassed!” Jeonghan complained, covering his face with a pillow. “Why?! The first time something like this happens, my hands have to go and betray me!”

“So you did it on purpose?!” Junhui’s eyes went wide.

“No~!”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Is everything okay?” Mingyu asked as he noticed Soo Min was sitting with him and Won Woo rather than with Jeonghan at the table. They were eating the breakfast she made this morning.

“Yeah?” Soo Min replied, looking at him confused. “Why?”

“I thought you’d be next to Jeonghan?” Won Woo said, pointing at the empty spot next to said roommate.

“Oh, you mean the ert?” She said with narrowed eyes, looking at Jeonghan who sighed looking defeated.

“It was an accident.” He claimed.

“Didn’t seem like an accident when it happened!” She complained.

“What happened?” Mingyu asked, clearly interested.

“He accidently grabbed her chest this morning when searching for the blanket.” Junhui blurted out, earning a glare from Jeonghan.

“No way!” The Meanie couple held back their laughter.

“I didn’t do it on purpose! I was half asleep!” Jeonghan whined. He hated his friends right now.

“Yah, Pikachu,” Won Woo said, nudging her with his arm, “I know you must be shocked, but he really isn’t the touching type.” He explained. “It really was an accident, so just forget about it.”

“Easy for you to say! He didn’t grab you here!” She placed her hand on his chest. Mingyu lightly slapped her hand away.

“Yah! Don’t go touching my boyfriend’s chest like that!”

“I get it’s different,” Won Woo laughed, “but really, he’d never do things you aren’t comfortable with. You can trust him, so relax.”

“Aish!” She sighed. “Okay! But still!” She looked to Jeonghan.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized.

“And I’m sorry for freaking out! I’m still new to all of this!” She said, tone full of embarrassment.

“Understandable.” Junhui chuckled. “So let’s just keep this between us five, if Jisoo find out… well…” he trailed off.

“Well?” Soo Min asked, a little concerned at his tone.

“He’d murder me.” Jeonghan muttered, a faint look of fear on his face.

“I see.” Soo Min nodded.

“What, you’re not even going to protect me?!” He laughed at her lack of concern for his life.

“Do you need it?!” She chuckled.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

By 10am, it was decided that maybe Soo Min should go home now, even though she didn’t want to. She wanted to stay there forever like she and Jeonghan agreed on last night, but that wasn’t possible yet, was it?

Just as Jeonghan was about to leave to walk Soo Min home, she got a text on her phone from Chan.

 

Channie: Noona! Noona! Want to play basketball?! Because it rained so much last night, it isn’t as hot today! The sun isn’t out as much either, so you wouldn’t get sunburned this time! What do you say? :D

 

“Aw!” Soo Min smiled, reading his text.

“What is it?” Jeonghan asked.

“Your son wants to play basketball! Hey?! Should we all go finish that game we put on pause a few weeks ago?”

“That sounds like fun!” Mingyu nodded, agreeing to her suggestion.

“I’m game.” Won Woo added.

“Sure.” Junhui smiled. “I can pick up some water on the way there.”

“Alright.” Jeonghan smiled.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

When they arrived to Jisoo’s apartment, Jisoo was staring as he saw Soo Min was wearing Jeonghan’s clothes.

“What are you thinking?” Jeonghan asked, slightly nervous.

“It’s a curse for me to wear pretty outfits.” Soo Min said, dropping the outfit Bo-Young gave her yesterday at his feet. “That or the rain is attracted to my beauty.” She did a hair flip. “Either way, got caught in the rain and ended up having to borrow a change of clothes.”

“It definitely must be a curse.” Jisoo chuckled.

“Or rain is attracted to my beauty!” She added.

“Both, it’s both.” Jeonghan laughed.

“Did you get Chan’s text?” She asked as Hansol and Minghao joined them in the living room.

“We did, so go and get changed so we can go?”

“On it!” She sprinted off to Jisoo’s room.

Once she was out of the room, Jisoo’s eyes narrowed at Jeonghan in suspicion.

“What?” Jeonghan said, trying not to show that stare was making him nervous.

“Nothing…”

“Then why are you looking at me like that?”

“No reason… really.”

“Oh,” Jeonghan broke into a grin, “I get it, just admiring my y hair this morning, huh?” He said, running his hand through his long hair that was free from it’s normal low ponytail.

“Soo Min and Jeonghan really suit each other, don’t they?” Hansol laughed quietly behind them, recalling Soo Min’s bragging moment earlier, ‘Or the rain is attracted to my beauty’.

“They do.” Minghao nodded in agreement.

“Okay! I’m ready!” Soo Min emerged from Jisoo’s bedroom. “No pictures, please!” She said, holding her hand up as if her friends were the paparazzi.

“Who are you and what did you do with my wife?” Jisoo laughed, her behavior was really different today.

“Your wife is a celebrity, don’t you remember?” She chuckled, striking a pose.

Everyone pulled out their phones and began taking pictures.

“Stop!” She shielded her face. “Stop! I said no pictures!”

“But aren’t you a celebrity?!” Won Woo laughed, snapping pictures left and right.

“Maybe the celebrity life isn’t for me after all!” She ran to the door, opening it and running down the hall, her friends running after her while still taking her picture.

When they ran into Seungcheol, Soonyoung and Chan waiting at the building entrance, they asked why their friends were taking Soo Min’s picture with their phones.

“Don’t you know, Soo Min is a celebrity!” Mingyu exclaimed.

“No way, really?!” Those three ended up taking out their phones and started taking pictures, too!

“Seriously, you can stop~! You’re just taking up space on your phones!” Soo Min laughed, giving up on shielding her face now.

“It’s all worth it!” Jeonghan grinned as he was in the front of the mini paparazzi crowd. “By the way, can I get a picture with you, Miss Soo Min?!” He asked with a look of hope.

“Sure.” She smiled, actually glad he asked. She wanted a picture of them together, too!

“Here!” Jeonghan handed his phone over to Jisoo. “Take our picture!”

He stood by Soo Min, putting an arm around her and brought her close as they both posed for the camera with two smiles and ‘v’ signs.

“On a count of three, say Pizza!” Jisoo smiled. “1… 2… 3!”

“Pizza!” Everyone jumped into the shot last second.

“C’mon!” Jeonghan frowned, not pleased. Soo Min only laughed in response.

“Okay, seriously.” Jisoo chuckled, shooing their friends out of the shot. Once they were out of the way, he began to count again. “1… 2… 3!”

“Pizza!” SooHan beamed at the camera, no photobombs this time.

“Awww.” Jisoo cooed as he looked at the photo he just took.

“Let us see!” Jeonghan pulled Soo Min over with him. When Jisoo turned the phone around, it was a face shot of Jisoo!

“Of course!” Soo Min began laughing.

“Yah!” Jeonghan punched him in the shoulder, taking his phone back. “Someone else take the picture!” He looked to the others. He didn’t want to give it to Seungcheol for obvious and ridiculous reasons. He thought to give it to the Meanie couple or Junhui but realize they’d do the same thing as Jisoo for fun! So, he decided to have his son(Chan) to take the picture.

“Get ready!” Chan said happily. “1… 2… 3!”

“Pizza!” SooHan beamed at the camera once again.

“Ooops, wait… I did something wrong.” Chan frowned, worried as he tapped away at the screen. Jeonghan rolled his eyes, perhaps he was going to have to take the damn photo himself. “Oh, no wait… I did it right! Sorry!” He came over with a sheepish smile before handing Jeonghan’s phone back.

“My new wallpaper.” Jeonghan grinned.

“What was your previous wallpaper?” Soo Min asked curiously.

“Pikachu.”

“Awww!” She gushed.

“What about you?” He asked.

“Oh, uh!” She hesitated. “Uh…” She chuckled nervously, backing away. “Let’s get going to the court now, shall we? I’m sure the other three are wondering what’s taking us so long!”

“What’s your wallpaper?” Jeonghan frowned. “Tell me!”

“It doesn’t matter!” She started to sprint away.

He ran after her leaving their friends laughing in amusement. Jeonghan ended up catching her and stole her phone from her. They watched him hold it up out of reach as she tried to jump for it, looking completely embarrassed. When Jeonghan saw her wallpaper, his smile was huge as he turned and pulled her into a tight embrace.

She had drawn the two of them as a chibi couple, their names clearly above each of the chibis so it wasn’t hard to figure out who they were. The two characters were holding hands with hearts littered around them. ‘I love you’ was written above. She was too shy to admit/show her wallpaper to anyone!

“What do you think her wallpaper was?” Seungcheol was curious about Jeonghan’s reaction.

“Something cute.” Jisoo smiled.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“What was the score last time?” Seungcheol asked. “Does anyone remember?”

“Uhhhh…” Everyone looked at each other, unable to remember it was so long ago.

“Also, I don’t remember Jeonghan being on our team.” He added, eyes directed at him.

“I wasn’t on this team last time?” Jeonghan frowned.

“Should we just start a new game?” Soonyoung asked.

“Might as well, since no one can remember what happened in the last game.” Soo Min shrugged. “But Seungcheol was right, you weren’t on this team last time.” She said to Jeonghan.

“Well, I’m on this team now.” Jeonghan chuckled. “You go on the other team.” He said, pushing Seungcheol towards Meanie’s team.

“Uh oh, mom vs dad now.” Seokmin laughed from the sidelines.

“Oh, thank goodness my kids are on my team!” Soo Min smiled, putting her arms around Hansol and Minghao. “While their father sits out on the sidelines, at least cheer for your family!”

“Go kids, you can to it!” Jisoo laughed. “Go honey, show ‘em who’s boss!”

“Go eomma! Go appa! Destroy them!” Seungkwan shouted suddenly, a competitive tone in his voice. Everyone was confused for a second before they were reminded that Seungkwan’s pretend parents were on the opposing team… the Meanie couple.

“Yeah! Let’s do this!” Mingyu laughed.

“Eomma?” Won Woo frowned, still not liking the fact that he was the mom.

“Let’s make your son proud!” Seungcheol nudged him to his right.

“By going against your own son?!” Jeonghan gasped, causing laughter around the court. Seungcheol would never catch a break, would he?

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“How did we lose?” Hansol frowned as they joined the others on the sidelines to rehydrate. It was a good game, 18 to 25.

“Congratulations!” Soo Min said happily to the opposing team.

“Eh, maybe she caved knowing her favorite ship was on the opposing team.” Jisoo chuckled.

“Aish, Jisoo, you should have joined our team!” Jeonghan frowned.

“Would it have really mattered?”

“She ships us more than those two, doesn’t she?” He asked, looking to see if Soo Min was watching them. She was still happily chatting with Meanie and the opposing team. “Eugh, she’s even talking to my ex…” He sighed.

“Calm down, hyung.” Hansol laughed.

Suddenly there was cheering over there again.

“What now?” Jeonghan frowned.

“Hey! We should celebrate my parent's marriage!” Seungkwan exclaimed, looking thrilled.

“Ah, those two are together now?” Jisoo smiled hearing Seungkwan’s comment.

“Apparently, I heard Mingyu call Won Woo his boyfriend when Soo Min touched his-...” Jeonghan suddenly stopped talking, remembering that was only between him and the other four.

“She touched what?” Minghao asked innocently.

“His food.” Jeonghan lied, but Jisoo didn’t buy it. Feeling his friend’s eyes burning a hole in his head, he frowned. “Are you thinking something dirty?” He nudged him away.

“Your words make it sound dirty!” Jisoo defended. “What happened this morning, then?”

“Nothing, let’s go!” Jeonghan exclaimed, getting up to join the others.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Meanie and all of their friends, including Bo-Young and Ae-Cha who were invited by both Jisoo and Soo Min to join them on this little celebration, were at another local pizza joint. Naturally Bo-Young sat with Jisoo as Ae-Cha sat with Jihoon. Soo Min was sitting with Jeonghan until she noticed Junhui looking a tad lonely as he was seated next to Minghao who was currently in conversation with the other younger friends. He was fourth oldest in the group of friends, and despite still being young, he just sort of felt a bit left out on what they were talking about.

Soo Min took the empty seat next to his left.

“Hey, Chansey.” She greeted.

“Hey, Soo Min.” He replied with a slight snicker.

“What is it?” She asked, confused at his reaction.

“It’s nothing, I’m sorry.” He assured her. “It’s just…” he trailed off, looking at the other three couples. “Hey?” He turned to her. “You don’t have any other single sisters or friends you could introduce me to, do you?”

“Ah, is that what this is about?” She held back a laugh. “Single Auntie envious of everyone else’s relationships?”

“You didn’t answer my question.” He said with a straight face.

“No.” She giggled. “But I’ll keep my eye out for you.” Junhui sighed, disappointed. “Hey, cheer up!” She patted him on the shoulder. “Someone will come to your Pokémon Center soon enough.” She grinned.

He sat back in his seat, not really encouraged or anything. “I’m going to be single forever… die a lonely death with my 17 cats.”

“17 cats?!” She said shocked. “You sound like a lonely ahjumma just now!”

“Don’t call me ahjumma.” He frowned.

“Then don’t act like one! C’mon, let’s eat!” She smiled, getting up to grab them some pizza.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It’s been about an hour since they came to the restaurant to celebrate the Meanie couple’s pretend marriage. They were all about done eating and would be heading out soon and most likely find another place to celebrate again knowing these group of friends.

Soo Min had returned to Jeonghan’s side after Junhui quit being such a depressed single person. She was surprised at his sudden behavior, not really expecting him to be like that. Learn something new every day.

“I’m stuffed.” Soo Min sighed, leaning on Jeonghan’s shoulder.

“Are you okay?” He chuckled, looking down at her.

“I’ll be fine.” She assured him. “Though… I might have to roll just to get around.”

“I can carry you.” He wrapped his arm around her.

“Don’t complain if I’m too heavy!” She pouted. “Your stamina bar should be a lot higher than mine!”

“I get it!” He laughed.

“Should we get going now?” Seungkwan asked everyone who nodded in agreement.

Seungcheol was nice enough to take care of the bill for his friends.

“Wow, yet all our son ever eats is cheap ramen?” Jeonghan said with crossed arms nearby.

“Honey, I’ve changed! I don’t buy ramen anymore!” Seungcheol laughed, turning to him.

“Sure.” Jeonghan shook his head, not believing him until he noticed a group of familiar faces at a table nearby. “Soo Min?” He quickly looked around for her. He noticed her hiding behind the Meanie couple looking worried.

“You saw them?” She asked Jeonghan who nodded.

“What do you wanna do?” He asked.

“I don’t know…” she frowned.

“Soo Min!” Suddenly she heard her sister’s voice call out. “Soo Min!”


Chapter thirty!

 

LOL there’s so much going on in this chapter today haha....

It’s at least slightly longer, right?

 

Slowly, everyone is getting their screen time… did you notice? I really want to try to shed light on other seventeen members as much as I can >< I saw vampire Junhui earlier and his scene just popped into my mind out of no where! He’s been so quiet all this time, now he shows his true nature? XD

tumblr_nrxt52Moig1snay56o4_400.gif

Junhui: Seriously, Author-nim… you don’t have a sister or-

tumblr_nqescnqwBt1u6bzlzo3_400.gif

Author-nim: Calm down, ahjumma! You’ll find someone, soon enough! Hopefully!

jun.gif

Junhui: Don’t call me ahjumma…

tumblr_nqwc0e6DUM1qg7ro1o2_250.gif

Author-nim: MIHANE! LOL

 

Anyway~! Things obviously went a different way today, I didn’t have to go anywhere after all, but I will this morning at 10am (will be 5am soon, damn). Not sure how tomorrow will go, so let’s just hope I can write again later!

 

Also, I’ve been trying to figure out when to start Ch 1 of Rain Sound, but every time I try, I feel bad since I want to keep updating this fic! Like I’d feel bad if I took too much time on Rain Sound to write to this one since I'm obviously a slow writer… what should I do?! Help!

tumblr_nrpg2oLmfr1qhk0wlo2_250.gif

btw, I need to put some more Hansol stuff, lol! He’s just too cute!

 

Hope everyone enjoyed! Thanks for reading! ^^