Chapter 47

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It was the next morning as Soo Min got out of bed with a small yawn, stretching her muscles on her way to the bathroom. After finishing washing her face, the cool water waking her right up, she headed to the kitchen to start breakfast.

It seemed like a typical morning right now, Hansol and Minghao still asleep in their room, the sound of Jisoo heading to the bathroom once Soo Min started preparing stuff for the breakfast. He came to help her once he was done in the bathroom.

Soo Min tried to not let what happened yesterday affect her. She was hoping that she could play it cool when she meets him again because what if Jeonghan starts to worry and get guilty for doing what he did… it wasn’t like she didn’t like it or anything, she was just caught off guard was all. And despite joking and acting like a ert sometimes, she was the shiest girl on the planet when it came to the actual thing intimate things.

“Earth to Soo Min!” Jisoo snapped her out of it when he took the spatula out of her hand to take over what she was cooking in the skillet.

“Sorry!” She apologized, taking a few steps back to let him get closer to the stove.

“You keep spacing out, are you okay?” He asked as he tended to the food.

“I’m fine.” She shook her head when he glanced her way.

“Stop thinking about it.” He chuckled, figuring what might be bothering her.

“Thinking about what?!” She pouted, heading to the cabinets to get the plates ready on the table. She marched out of the kitchen to set the table and started to set the plates down.

“Good morning.” Minghao said in greeting as he approached her at the table.

“What?!” She pretty much snapped at him before her expression turned into utter regret as he looked at her completely shocked. “Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! I thought you were Jisoo!”

“What did dad do?” Hansol asked from behind him, looking concerned.

“Nothing! Nothing!” She assured the two, her immediate denial started to cause suspicion. “Can you two finish setting the table?”

“Sure.” Minghao nodded with a smile, honestly not affected by her snapping earlier.

“Something’s up…” Hansol said quietly standing there as he watched her leave the room, Minghao continued to set the table.

“Like what?”

“I don’t know… but something is definitely up.”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It was quiet as everyone at the table ate the breakfast Jisoo and Soo Min made, Seungcheol and the other two neighboring friends joining them because it had become a thing to always eat with them in the morning, lately. When they had arrived, they could tell something was up like Hansol mentioned to Minghao earlier. Soo Min seemed to be on edge or something, not paying attention when someone spoke, slightly snapping when they’d get her attention.

“What’s up with her?” Seungcheol asked after she excused herself to the bathroom.

“She’s overthinking something.” Jisoo said with a small laugh.

“Like what?” Soonyoung asked, confused by his laughter.

“To put it simply… Jeonghan sort of heated things up yesterday morning when he dropped her off.”

“Heated things up? What does that mean?” Chan asked innocently, causing Jisoo to cringe with regret. He forgot the kids were still at the table.

“Uh…” he stuttered.

“C’mon, don’t treat us like children, literally!” Hansol sighed, pushing his food around though… he couldn’t help but connect the dots and get second-hand embarrassment!

“She’s basically a , right-”

“Ehem!” Jisoo interrupted Soonyoung’s words by clearing his throat loudly. “Not in front of the kids.” He muttered.

There was a knock at the front door and everyone tensed up at the sudden noise. Soo Min had yet to return from the bathroom yet.

“Who could that be?” Seungcheol asked quietly, if it were any of their other friends, they’d have already let themselves in. “You weren’t expecting anyone today, were you?”

“I don’t know… I’ll go check.” Jisoo got up from his seat and headed on over to the front door, feeling slightly nervous about opening it. As he was about to open it, there was knocking again. It sounded like an impatient knock this time. Now he was getting slightly scared.

“Someone’s at the door?” Soo Min finally returned from the bathroom, making her way over to Jisoo.

“Uh, yeah.” He nodded as she reached out to open the door. When it was opened, no one was standing behind it.

“There’s no one there?” Soo Min said aloud as Jisoo backed away from the door feeling uneasy about the situation now. She took a step forward to look out into the hallway and that’s when something jumped out at her.

“Boo~!” She was faced with a chucky doll and she shrieked, stumbling back onto the ground from the sudden jumpscare. A familiar laughter was heard and she managed to get up, expression full of irritation.

“You jerk.” She said bitterly glaring at the androgynous blonde male laughing two feet away from her. She made her way back to the safety of Jisoo’s apartment and closed the door.

“Wait!” Ren shouted. “Open the door!”

“No!” She called back before turning around to see Jisoo holding back his laughter, everyone at the table was looking over at them with confused and curious eyes. “You knew?!” She narrowed her eyes at her friend.

“No, I didn’t!” He shook his head. “Honest… I don’t even know why he’s here?”

Ren started to knock on the door again, calling for Soo Min to come out. She sighed in defeat, figuring she should go out and see what he wanted, otherwise he’d probably keep at it for the rest of the day. He was a stubborn person sometimes.

“I’ll be back.” She mentioned to Jisoo before opening the door again. In a split second she shouted at him causing Ren to drop his Chucky doll and clutch his startled heart.

“Yah!” He pouted at her in response, expression not pleased.

“Not so funny when it’s you getting scared now is it?!” She pushed him out of the way so she could step out and shut the door. “What is it? What do you want?”

“Let’s go.” He picked up his doll and grabbed her by the wrist to lead her down the hall.

“Wait! I can’t just leave like that! I have guests inside and I don’t even have my phone on me!”

“Go get your phone!” He let go, ushering her to hurry it up.

“Bu-”

“Go!”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Why are we here?” Soo Min asked, staring up at the Pledis Cafe sign. It was about 11am right now, Jeonghan and the other’s shift didn’t start for another hour… so at least she didn’t have to worry about running into him while she was out with Ren, which she shouldn’t have to be worried but just the fact that she used to have a major crush on the guy might stir up some uneasy feelings on Jeonghan’s side.

“To get something to drink.” He said while opening the door for her. He motioned her to go inside. “Go on, go in.”

“I still don’t understand why you brought me here, though?” She sighed, heading in.

They sat at the first table in sight which happened to be in plain view from the front entrance.

“Doesn’t your boyfriend work here?” Ren asked, looking around at the current servers.

“Not till noon.” Soo Min replied quietly, thinking about Jeonghan suddenly had her blushing… she really was thinking about it too much.

“What’s wrong?” Ren caught on to her out of the blue shyness after mentioning her boyfriend.

“Nothing.” She shook her head before checking the time… it was actually a lot later then she had originally thought, 11:37am, that meant they only had maybe 5-10 minutes max before the other’s would show up for their shift! “Why are we here again?!” She looked up at Ren, a slight frantic look on her face.

“What’s with you?!” He laughed. “Your sister actually sent me out to fetch you… said you’ve been ignoring us for too long.”

“Oh, really? Then why don’t we go?! We can get something to drink at your place, right?”

“Uh oh, is something going on between you and Jeonghan? Are you two fighting?” He frowned. “Should I have not brought you here?”

“We’re not fighting!” She quickly assured him.

“Then why does it feel like you’re avoiding him?” He asked before noticing familiar faces entering the cafe now.

“I’m not! I just…” she heard the front entrance open and footsteps pile in… and she just knew it had to be them.

“Soo Min?” Jeonghan asked before noticing Ren sitting at the table with her. The blonde gave a small wave in greeting as Soo Min hesitantly glance over at her boyfriend before looking down at the table, a nervous expression on her face. She had thought about Sunday morning too much!

Ren studied Soo Min’s red face and Jeonghan’s small grin accompanied by a small laugh like he was amused by his blushing girlfriend. Pretty soon he started to get an idea of what was going on.

“Sorry to cut this short, but her sister is waiting for us at my place, so…” Ren got up from his seat. “Let’s go.” He tapped on Soo Min’s shoulder. She nodded and got up to follow him.

“I’ll text you later.” She managed to look up at Jeonghan as she was passing by, the smirk he gave her in reply made her nearly trip over her own two feet.

“Careful!” Ren helped her stand straight as the others looked at each other with curious looks.

“Hyung, what was that?” Seungkwan asked once the two were gone.

“Nothing.” Jeonghan hummed, heading off to the back to get ready for his shift.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Hey, sis! I’m so happy you could make it!” Min Hee smiled when Ren entered their shared apartment with her sister Soo Min following behind.

“Hi.” She she said softly, giving a small wave.

Min Hee frowned at the not so energetic greeting before looking to Ren for an answer.

“Something happened between her and her man!” Ren pointed at the shy girl in the room. “You should have seen it, how red her face got when she saw him walk into the cafe, how she nearly tripped over her own two feet when we were leaving. Yah…” he then turned towards Soo Min, “did he do something you didn’t like? He’s not pressuring you into something, is he?” She shook her head no quickly before her eyes locked onto the floor beneath her.

“Awh, she’s just being shy!” Min Hee gushed, pulling her sister over to take a seat on the couch with her. “It’s still early in their relationship, and it’s her first one, remember?”

“Ehhhhh? You getting the dokki dokki feelings in your heart?” Ren suddenly grinned, sitting on the other side of Soo Min.

“The fluttering butterflies in your tummy?” Min Hee joined in on the grinning as they both leaned in towards the blushing girl.

“Warm and fuzzy?”

“Joy, like you’re on cloud 9?”

“Will you two stop?!” Soo Min covered her face, she was getting embarrassed now!

“Awh, baby Soo is so in love.” Ren teased.

“I thought I’d never see the day my little sister would be swept off her feet by her Prince Charming!” Min Hee clasped her hands together, looking up with an adoring look like there were sparkles floating in the air.

“I’m leaving.” Soo Min got up from her seat only to be pulled back down by the couple.

“C’mon, we’re just really happy for you.” Min Hee laughed at her sister’s pouting face. “I’m glad you have someone who makes you really happy, and of course I’m sure you feel really loved by him, too!”

Her sister’s comment made her really think about yesterday. For most of the day after it happened she had some… well misunderstanding thoughts about Jeonghan’s affection, and it didn’t help when Jisoo made that comment, ‘at least wait until marriage.’. Naturally that made her think other things.

But now that she really started to think about it… Jeonghan never did anything that made her uncomfortable ever since they started dating. He never touched her inappropriately when they were together, he only held her hand or cuddled her. When they kissed, it was always gentle and full of love… he was actually a pretty pure person.

‘He’s still a guy.’ Was a thought that crossed her mind at one point. She understood that, of course, but she believed he wasn’t just a guy… she believed that Jeonghan is an angel, her angel… her soulmate and he’d never do anything to upset her. And he never has done anything that made her feel pressured or upset. Even with that kiss yesterday, she was nervous but in a good way. And she honestly believed it wasn’t out of place when he did it. They had just spent about four hours together at Han River prior, having some deep conversations about themselves to the other and talking about meeting their parents and all the serious couple things…

Their relationship was and still is growing stronger with each passing day, and she was grateful that Jeonghan came into her life and opened up a whole new world for her, one full of love and joy...

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“I’m so disappointed.” Ren sighed as he put his drink down on the coffee table in front of him before getting up and scooping his passed out girlfriend off the couch. It was late, about 10pm now as they were watching a movie.

“I thought she would have made it till the end, at least.” Soo Min chuckled quietly, watching Ren carrying her sister in his arms towards their bedroom. He mentioned he’d be right back before leaving the room.

She had spent basically the entire day at her sister’s place with Ren after Jisoo told her not to come home because she needed to bond with her sister some more since she really had been somewhat ignoring them too much.

At first she didn’t like it because it was so sudden and unplanned but eventually she got comfortable hanging out with the two. They played a few games, Rock, Paper, Scissors being one of them of course! Both Soo Min and Ren still at the game as Min Hee always won.

Glancing at the time, she realized Jeonghan should be off work by now and started to debate if she should go see him before going home or not. If she had to admit it, she really wanted to see him…

“It’s so late, let’s just pick up on the movie again some other time. You should go home.” Ren’s voice said in the hallway as he returned, yawning a little.

“Now I’m disappointed.” Soo Min joked with a small laugh. “Right, I’ll go home. You two need your beauty sleep.” She added, getting up off the couch.

“Haha, as do you!” He chuckled before pulling out his phone. “I’d walk you home but…” he covered his mouth as he yawned again, “yeah… I’ll just call you a cab.”

“I can walk, no worries.” She assured him, but he looked at her with that protective stare.

“No, you are taking a cab.”

“Okay, okay.” She held her hands up with a smile. “Thanks.”

It wasn’t long before her cab arrived and she said her farewell to Ren at the door.

“Come visit more, alright?! Or I’m gonna hunt you down and drag you here whether you’re kicking or screaming, got it?” He said with a wave.

“Got it! But leave Chucky out of it, you know I don’t like him…” she pouted, remembering how he scared her earlier with his precious doll.

“Awh, but Chucky loves you!” He laughed. “Okay, I’ll be sure to remember that next time. Leave me a text when you get home so I can sleep peacefully.”

“Yes, goodnight. Sleep well!” She smiled before finally leaving the door.

Once she made it to the cab, the driver started on the path to Jisoo’s place. When they came up to a stop light, she noticed the path to Jeonghan’s was to the right, Jisoo’s was straight ahead.

“Ahjussi?”

“Yes?”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Oh, Soo Min?” Junhui smiled at the door when he greeted her. “It’s so late, what are you doing here alone?” His smile soon was replaced with worry.

“I took a cab here, don’t worry.” She assured him as she entered the apartment. It seemed like Junhui was the only one present right now. “Where are the others?”

“The Meanie couple went off on a late night date after work. Jeonghan’s just lying down in bed, it was really busy tonight at Pledis Pizza.”

“Ah… I see.” She frowned, worried that maybe she shouldn’t have come by without notice. If he was tired, she should let him rest.

“Don’t go, he really missed you today.” Junhui said quietly, a smile plastered across his face. “It was really cute. He didn’t have time to message you while at work and he looked like an angry little kid at times.”

“Awh!” She smiled, just imagining it.

“Just go in there and say hi, I’m just he’d be really happy if you did.”

“Okay.” She nodded. “Thanks.”

“No problem,” he patted her on the shoulder, “I’m gonna head out and get something to eat real quick. If I’m not back in time, take another cab to Jisoo’s, alright?”

“Yes, be careful out there.” She gave a small wave.

Junhui left after telling her goodbye at the door. Now it was just her and Jeonghan in this apartment and she spent the first few minutes by the door thinking about what was to come when she enters Jeonghan’s room. Would she even be going home tonight?

Suddenly her phone buzzed in her pocket.

 

Jisoo: Where are you? It’s late.

 

Soo Min: At Jeonghan’s place…

 

Jisoo: Nevermind! As you were!

 

His reply made her laugh, just the mere mention of her boyfriend’s name and suddenly everything was okay, it didn’t matter that it was late anymore… and that was good. Because Jisoo trusted Jeonghan with her, he said so himself.

 

Soo Min: I really missed him a lot today…

 

Jisoo: Go ahead and stay over if that’s what you want :)

 

Soo Min: Wow, never thought I’d hear that from you! Lol

 

Jisoo: Don’t make me change my mind…

 

Soo Min: Okay, okay! Give the kids hugs and kisses for me! Sweet dreams! Goodnight! ^^

 

Jisoo: Goodnight!

 

After her little conversation with Jisoo, she felt more comfortable going into Jeonghan’s room now. She had worried that she wouldn’t want to leave and then have Jisoo getting onto her case about being out so late and yatta yatta yatta… but things seemed easier like this now.

She put her bag away at the door before texting Junhui that she was probably going to stay the night now and that he should take his time, knowing he was probably rushing just so he could take her home.

At least five minutes passed as she took slow and cautious baby steps before finally making it to Jeonghan’s bedroom door. She worried if she had taken too long and he was already asleep!

She raised up her hand and knocked on the door.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Jeonghan was really tired when he had gotten home earlier. Today was such a busy day both at Pledis Cafe and Pledis Pizza. He wondered what was going on, why there was so many people out today but in the end it didn’t matter. All that mattered now was that he finally got to lie down and relax after such a hard day.

The only highlight out of the day must have been when he ran into Soo Min at the cafe before his shift. Though she was with Ren and that did sort of bother him a little but it didn’t last long because Ren assured him that one day that nothing would ever happen between the two. He already knew they were probably together because of her sister and from there, he decided not to message her for a bit, knowing she was probably spending time with Min Hee.

Time flew by so quick at work and he nearly got dizzy at times, baffled at how his shift was already over at the cafe. He was relieved yet, he had work again an hour later! There wasn’t enough time to go home and relax, but he had to go home to fetch his other uniform and co-workers. By then, he did think maybe it was a good time to text Soo Min, and just like Pledis Cafe, Pledis Pizza was busy! He never seen the restaurant so full before it was amazing!

Time flew by quickly again, and it was late. He was disappointed by then, knowing maybe it wasn’t such a great idea to text his girlfriend now. What if she was already sleeping? Sure he could just leave a text for her to see in the morning, but knowing her, she always replied to his text no matter what time of day and he didn’t want to possibly wake her. He was so conflicted as he lied there in bed, thinking about her.

He wondered how she was doing since their brief run in? She looked so flustered when she saw him and the lack of texts he got from her today honestly worried him. He knew she never texts him at work, though she’d sometimes text him when he was on break or before his next shift. He had to remember she was probably busy at her sister’s place but still…

At the end of the day (quite literally), he just wanted to see her face. The pictures on his phone weren’t enough… he wanted to see her in person, he wanted to hold her and say he loved her. A simple picture won’t do the same back to him.

He sighed while looking up at the ceiling then started to debate if he should just go and see her despite how tired he was. And just like that, there was a knock on his door.

“Junhui?” He asked, looking at the door with such a confused look, why would he be knocking? This was his room too!

“No, it’s me.” He heard her voice and he immediately sat up in his bed as she opened the door. “Did I wake you?” She asked with a worried tone, taking a step inside.

“No.” He shook his head. “It’s funny, I was just thinking about coming to see you, but it appears you beat me to it.” He chuckled before she came to sit with him on his bed. “How are you?” He asked, keeping his hands to himself though, because… he also worried if what he did yesterday morning was the reason why she was so incredibly flustered and hadn’t texted him at all today. He worried it was too much for her and just a simple touch would make her uncomfortable.

“Good, and you?” She gave a soft smile.

“Happy, because you’re here.” He smiled lovingly.

“I heard work was a bit rough today,” she chuckled, “you should get a lot of rest.”

“Are you leaving already?” He frowned instantly. He had that look in his eyes, the one screaming ‘don’t go, please!’

“No.” She shook her head. “I’ll stay.” She added before crawling over to his side to sit. “I’ll stay as long as you want me to.”

He just smiled before looking down at his bed sheets, his hands gripping onto his crossed legs. He felt a little pathetic right now thinking like he was some sort of monster for simply wanting to touch her, even if it was to hold her hand. Like he was some needy person who needed tons of affection. He didn’t like this feeling, this guilty feeling like he messed up with coming on too strong yesterday.

“Jeonghan?” She asked after it became silent between them. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” He answered, avoiding her eyes, making it very obvious that something wasn’t right.

Quietly, she reached over to take his hand into hers and held it tight. She stared at her fingers lacing through his and locking around his hand while his remained loose and open. And what she feared from earlier actually happened. He’s guilty or something? She thought as she placed her other hand over to make his fingers lock around her hand.

“Don’t think about it.” She said softly. “Don’t worry about it either.” Jeonghan’s eyes were locked on their conjoined hands as she continued to speak. “Yesterday really surprised me, but not in a bad way. I hope you’re not misunderstanding me when I was so flustered earlier… you’re my first relationship and it’s all still new to me. I don’t want you feeling guilty or anything because… like you said, you were just showing me how much you love me. And I really acknowledge that because you don’t simply do that with anyone, do you? The kind of person you are, I know you don’t do that with just any girl… and it really made me think and open my eyes at how much our relationship blossomed since the first day we met each other. You didn’t do it to scare me, I know that. You didn’t do it just because you’re a guy, I know that. So, please… don’t let it bother you.”

She managed to look up at him after she was finished speaking. She could see his eyes slowly meet hers and he looked conflicted with a look of relief yet still clouded with worry. There was silence again and she boldly reached over to pull him into a gentle kiss. It lasted for a minute or so before she parted from him, slowly opening her eyes to see his expression still remained the same. “You love me, and I love you. It’s okay…” she gave an ensuring smile, “it’s okay if we get a little closer…”

In a blink of an eye, she was pulled into a long passionate kiss, something similar to yesterday yet when he parted he hugged her tightly. The hug lasted a long time and feeling his warm embrace made her incredibly happy that she tried to hug him tighter, burying her face into the crook of his neck.

“Jeonghan, I love you so much…” she said as her shoulders were shaking a little, she was overwhelmed just then and had started to cry. “I love you so much…” she repeated and he smiled, hearing those words.

“I love you, too.” He said softly, pulling away from the hug to wipe her tears away.

He took a moment to admire her beautiful tear stained face before locking his lips with hers once more in a long loving kiss, pulling her as close to himself as he possible could, arms wrapped around her tightly as they fell back onto his bed together.

“Stay with me tonight…” he whispered into her ear after parting from their kiss for air a few moments later. She nodded in his hold, her arms tightening around him as he kissed her forehead lightly while pulling the covers over them.

Seconds later, he pulled her into another kiss.


Chapter fourty-seven!

 

2XFmeSdmi08iu2EoVdtDy4RKsMF3zC8HkuTjF1Ja

Aish, Ren and his Chucky doll...

anGjeEe5bZOEVxtFJogzeS6xwiOFBv-YQEEKHuj_

T^T

nQHPy4x07RseqsnQAtvFHyV2p2Z6N1dOqtJ0

He really don’t care haha

liHTyPFWT0E1h_XG-5Mo0-a2Zl9AZUq4zjEQ2ROX

Minhyun to the rescue!

“Yah, still scaring her with that doll?! *Hits*”

jmHlBsKvdGd2NhTp6TJ2yjXvze6LBO6Uv0MuPGoz

Enjoy the Ren spam lol

LxqXB_DPigOUMOdRlixVvUQEAZxJ6-dF515HqdLt

Now for the Author’s comments.

I got nothing LOL Too many feels here! OTL

Also nothing happened after that kiss, they went to bed right after haha

>///<

 

I hope to have another update ready later this week, I miss this story, been working on Meanie’s fic a lot… so it was a bit of a struggle to make this update since I got too used to the SooHan pair in the Meanie fic who are already close and have been dating since high school

With that said, hope everyone enjoyed this lengthy update!

Until next time!

 

p.s

Happy birthday to Woozi, I almost forgot! XD

Le3p6glU9eleqLnt3rBNKx_Jf1U543ldn6EQgsFt