Chapter 37

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Mind if I sit here?” Mi Young asked, a huge grin on her face. Seungcheol scoffed at her excited expression… she didn’t remember him?!

Ren seemed confused at Seungcheol’s behavior before slowly piecing the situation together. This was the girl that caused drama for Soo Min yesterday?

Before any of the two could deny her request of sitting at their table, Mi Young took a seat, practically inviting herself to sit down. Seungcheol only glared at the girl while Ren had no idea what to do or say as she leaned on the table, her chin resting on the palms of her hands as she stared at him.

“I know this seems sudden, but I need the bathroom, excuse me.” Ren got up from his seat, looking slightly embarrassed. Talk about bad timing! He was so curious about that girl just now and the way Seungcheol was looking at her. He figured she must be who Soo Min was talking about earlier.

“Hurry back!” Mi Young chimed as Ren left the table. Seungcheol sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation. “Oh my, you look familiar.” She turned her attention to him.

“Yeah, of course I would… I was Jeonghan’s friend, the one you kept flirting with while you were dating him.” He replied coldly.

“Oh, did I do that?” She laughed, trying to make out like she was innocent. No one was buying it of course!

“Listen,” he sighed, “that guy happens to be the boyfriend of Soo Min’s older sister… the girl you slapped yesterday at Pledis Cafe after your argument with her.”

“How’d you…” Mi Young was suddenly speechless.

“I seriously don’t know why you ever thought it was okay to slap her just because she provoked you… that was so uncalled for.” He said bitterly.

“Uncalled for?” She snickered. “You realize there’s two sides to every story, right?”

He just looked at her like she was crazy for a split second. Was she going to lie about her side of the story.

“She provoked me.” She claimed, basically repeating what he said.

“Even if she did, slapping her was not the answer.” Seungcheol said harshly. “You’ve angered a lot of people with your actions…”

“A lot of people? Like who?” She chuckled. “Just you? Does Jeonghan’s fangirl have her own fans, too?” She said in a mocking tone now.

“As a matter of fact, she does… and Jeonghan is one of them.” Seungcheol smirked. That made Mi Young’s expression fall. Even after all of this, she still had this delusion that she’d get back together with Jeonghan somehow… “Not only that,” Seungcheol started to grin, “they all ship her with Jeonghan. We call them SooHan, isn’t it cute?”

“Shut up!” Mi Young snapped.

“Maybe it would be wise if you woman up and apologize to Soo Min while you still can. Once her friends find out… once our friends find out…” Seungcheol shook his head, it was not going to be pretty. “Do you remember Hong Jisoo? He was Jeonghan’s best friend and still is.”

“Of course I remember him.” She rolled her eyes. “I never knew Gentleman Joshua could be so pissed before.... He scolded, no, yelled at me so bad when Jeonghan and I broke up, I had a headache for three days.” She exaggerated.

“How funny is it that Soo Min is his childhood best friend? The little sister he never had…”

Mi Young fell silent.

Just then, Ren returned to the table.

“Sorry about that.” He apologized, being polite of course.

“Oh!” Mi Young’s expression brightened up again now that Ren was there. “No worries!” Like before, she rested her chin onto the palms of her hands as she admired his beauty once more. “Wow… you look a lot like my ex boyfriend.” She commented, pissing Seungcheol off. Did she ignore that fact he said Ren was Soo Min’s older sister’s boyfriend?!

So it is her. Ren thought to himself as his assumption became true. His expression then turned into a more serious one. The only guy he knew of that others say he looks like was Jeonghan.

“You’re just as good looking as he is. I’m amazed at how there could be such gorgeous men on this planet!” She cooed. “Even your hair! It looks so soft and smooth… wow, you’re just… “ she trailed off, looking a bit star struck,  “are you single?” She then asked.

“Is that her?!” Just then, Min Hee and Soo Min returned to the table with the two drinks they left to order.

“Oh my…” Soo Min had a look of shock on her face before it started to turn into anger. She couldn’t help it as she opened to speak again. “Flirting with my sister’s boyfriend?! Are you that desperate?! And here you went on saying, I miss you Jeonghan, did you miss me?! What a load of crap! God, I feel so sorry for Jeonghan, that he ever loved someone like you who clearly didn’t give two s about him and his feelings!”

Everyone at the table stared at Soo Min in surprise, shock… did she really just say all of that?

“Soo Min?” Seungcheol was stunned.

“Oh my god! What’s going on over here?! Did I just hear Soo Min swear?!” Suddenly Min Hee’s friend Ji-Hye showed up with… all her other friends.

“What are you guys doing here?” Min Hee looked worried now.

“Is this girl bothering you?” Ji Ah asked, adjusting her glasses with narrowed eye at the unfamiliar girl.

“We came to the mall to eat… but then we spotted you three and heard some concerning things…” Their friend Nari explained.

“What’s going on?” Sun Hee demanded.

“Nothing.” Mi Young said, slightly nervous at how many of them there were, giving her unfriendly looks.

“Whatever!” Min Hee exclaimed. “So, are you going to apologize to my sister or not?”

“Apologize? For what?” Mi Young raised a brow.

“For slapping her in the face yesterday!”

“She slapped her?!” The other girls did not look too pleased at this piece of news.

“I’m not going to apologize, she deserved it.” Mi Young smirked.

“Yeah, just like you getting dumped. You definitely deserved that.” Soo Min fought back this time.

“What was that?” Mi Young glared.

“You heard me.” Soo Min had it with Mi Young’s rude behavior. No more nice Pikachu. Let the thunder roar…

Both Seungcheol and Ren started to get worried when the atmosphere started to get uneasy… was a cat fight about to break out between them… between all of them!?

“So now you finally fight back,” the enemy grinned, “only because you have your big sis by your side and her little gang to back her up too.”

“If you’re scared, maybe you should just walk away? That seems to be the only thing you’re good at, walking away. You must be hard to please if you can’t even stick to one guy.”

It was like yesterday all over again as cold liquid was poured over her head by Mi Young. Everyone gasped at the sudden attack. Soo Min could only laugh. “I suppose you didn’t have a good enough comeback, huh?”

“Shut up.” Mi Young warned.

“And so now are you going to slap me again?” Soo Min asked. “Or maybe you shouldn’t.” She shook her head. “Don’t want to be repetitive, right?”

In a split second, she was on the ground, landing on her right hip. Mi Young had pushed her so suddenly she was unable to break the fall with her hands.

“You !” Min Hee shouted, going after Mi Young, her friends Ji Ah and Sun Hee joining her.

Everything turned into chaos as Nari and Ji-Hye tried to stop their friends, Ren rushed over to stop Min Hee and Seungcheol dropped down to Soo Min’s side, asking her if she was alright.

Then mall security arrived.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“She attacked my sister first! I want to press charges against that crazy !” Min Hee exclaimed as they were being held by security. The siblings parents were on their way to pick them up while everyone else was spared and patiently waiting outside for them.

“I need you to calm down miss.” The security officer said.

Min Hee and Soo Min were seated together, three seats away from Mi Young who sat there with a permanent glare on her face. Her hair was a mess from when Min Hee and her friends grabbed her as well as her clothes. Security came too soon for them to do any real damage, luckily, otherwise they’d be in serious trouble as well.

“It appears to be true. Ms. Choi did attack her first by throwing a drink on her and then pushing her.” The officer looked towards Soo Min. “Would you like to press charges.” Since she was the victim after all.

“No.” Soo Min said quietly.

“What?!” Min Hee looked at her sister in utter shock.

“I don’t want anymore drama… can we just… go home?” She had her hung, a dejected expression on her face. She was regretting everything so much right now. I shouldn’t have said anything… I shouldn’t have said anything… was all she could think.

She was so disappointed in herself. Sure, she was standing up for herself, fighting back… I’m not that kind of girl. She could only imagine how Jeonghan would react to what happened today at the mall. He’s going to blame himself… that he couldn’t protect me from this. I’m going to blame myself… for adding fuel to the fire. There’s going to be so much guilt and pain…

Finally, the Chae sisters parents arrived. Their mother was furious after she watched the small clip of the incident. She began to complain that she wanted a restraining order against Mi Young. But again… Soo Min said no.

“I just want to go home.” She said in her small weak voice. The longer she sat in the security room, the more she felt like she was going to break from all the stress. It’s my fault…

“But sweetie…” Her father worried.

“I just want to go home… please.” Her voice cracked.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Once they were out of the mall, everyone rushed up to them, curious about how things went. Soo Min was quiet as Min Hee summed it up. Everyone was of course shocked that Soo Min didn’t press charges against Mi Young. When they shot twenty questions left and right at her, Ren spoke up, telling them to let it be… she was obviously not in the mood to explain herself right now as she had her back facing them, her small shoulders shaking as she was quietly crying.

“I’ll take her home.” Seungcheol mentioned, walking over to her side. Everyone watched in silence as he helped lead her away. When he noticed her slightly limping he asked her if she was okay.

“She fell on her side pretty hard.” Nari said worriedly. “Does it hurt to walk?”

“Maybe we should take her to the hospital?” Mrs. Chae spoke up, looking frightened. What if it was something bad?

“I just want to go ho-”

“No, Soo Min. You should go to the hospital to get checked out, make sure you’re okay.” Seungcheol said seriously. “I’m worried… we’re all worried. Please… just go to the hospital.”

There was a small sigh as she nodded, agreeing. He then helped her to her parents car so they could take her. Seungcheol wasn’t planning to go to the hospital with her, but Soo Min asked him if he would. He of course wasn’t going to say no to her and got into the back seat with her. They waved to Min Hee and the others as they passed by, leaving out of the parking lot.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“They’re sure taking a while, aren’t they?” Chan said while looking at the clock hanging on the wall above the TV.

“Who? Soo Min and Seungcheol?” Hansol asked, looking over at him. They were on the couch with the other three, watching some movies to pass time. Not like they were waiting for the two to return or anything.

“Maybe they’re bonding?” Soonyoung shrugged.

“Probably.” Jisoo nodded. “She hasn’t had much time to bond with everyone yet. Today must’ve been Seungcheol’s lucky day.” He smiled.

“I wonder what they’re bonding over?”

“Probably over Chan.” Minghao smiled. “Talking about the adoption.”

“You mean she’s finally going to adopt me!?” Chan’s expression brightened up.

“Possibly.” Jisoo nodded.

“That’s another mouth to feed on top of you other two children.” Soonyoung pointed out.

“We feed you and Seungcheol as well.” Jisoo nudged him. “What does that make you?”

“Uhhh…”

“The family dog.” Minghao smiled.

Everyone burst into laughter.

“Soonyoung the puppy!” Hansol exclaimed.

“Yah!” The puppy pouted.

“C’mere boy!” Jisoo said in that tone used for dogs. He held up the pen he was using moments ago since he was writing down a grocery list. “Go fetch the stick!” He tossed the pen away from the couch.

“Go fetch your own stick!” Soonyoung crossed his arms, sitting back in his seat.

“Awh man,” Jisoo sighed, leaning over on the arm rest, staring at the pen he just tossed. He was too lazy to get up right now to retrieve it.

“If we didn’t know any better, we’d have thought you were the lazy family cat.” Hansol joked.

“Meow.” Jisoo chuckled.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Everything looks fine. There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong on your x-rays. You just might be a little sore from the fall.” The female doctor explained after coming into the examination room.

“Thank goodness.” Soo Min’s mother sighed with relief.

“I recommend taking some pain medicine for the pain obviously and some rest. Try not to do anything strenuous for the next few days. You don’t want to baby it too much, but you don’t want to over do it, either.”

“Okay.” Soo Min nodded. “Thank you.”

“No problem.” The doctor smiled. “Is there anything else I can help you with? Any questions?”

“No…” She shook her head, her gaze down.

“Well, alrighty then. You’re free to go. I hope you feel better real soon!”

“Thanks.”

Soo Min left the examination room and met up with her father and Seungcheol outside in the waiting area. Her mother told them the good news and they both also sighed with relief. From there, they took Soo Min and Seungcheol to the apartment complex they were staying at.

“I’ll come visit you guys soon.” Soo Min said to her parents before getting out of the car.

“Please look after her, will you?” Her father said to Seungcheol, looking at him through the rear view mirror.

“Yes, I will. Don’t worry.” He assured them. “It was nice meeting you two. Please get home safely.” With that, he got out of the car and helped Soo Min inside.

It was a challenge for Soo Min to walk up the stairs. It was times like this where she wished their apartment building was fancy enough to have an elevator.

“Should I carry you up?” Seungcheol suggested.

“No, I’ll just sleep here tonight.” She sighed, leaning against the wall.

“Soo Min…” he frowned. Ever since the incident, she seemed so down. “C’mon.” He turned her around so he could scoop her up bridal style, her uninjured side facing the opposite of him. He would have carried her on his back, but since she complained the pain was more in her hip area, that wouldn’t be a good idea.

He carried her up the stairs, luckily they were only on the second floor and not the third. When they arrived to Jisoo’s front door, Soo Min entered the code to open the door for him. Opening the door, everyone’s attention inside quickly went to them as he brought her in, still in his arms.

“What happened?!” Jisoo jumped up, clearly worried. Seeing Seungcheol walk in with Soo Min in his arms obviously screamed she must’ve been hurt.

“Uh…” Seungcheol hesitated. “It’s a long story.”

Jisoo felt uneasy. Yesterday… Soo Min came home with an ice pack to her cheek… and now she came home in Seungcheol’s arms. What was going on? No one has told him anything. Why hadn’t his best friend Jeonghan and his best friend Soo Min… why haven’t they been telling him anything? He was feeling so left out right now.

“Well, can you tell me?” He didn’t mean his tone to sound impatient, but it did. “I don’t know what’s been going on, but no one is telling me anything and it’s making me feel really uneasy.”

“I’ll tell you, just…” Seungcheol motioning for him to move out of the way with his head. “Let me go put her in bed first. She needs rest. We just got back from the hospital and it’s what the doctor suggested.”

“Hospital…?” Both Chan and Hansol mumbled, slight panic on their faces. What happened to her?

Jisoo stepped out of the way to allow him through. He followed after to help. When they got her to her bed, Jisoo pulled back her comforter for Seungcheol to put her down. She whimpered when she felt pain now that there was pressure from lying on the bed compared to being held where nothing was touching her backside.

“I’ll get her some medicine.” Jisoo mentioned before leaving the room. He came back quickly with the medicine and a cup of water. She quietly took the medicine before lying down, her head facing away from them. She looked upset.

“We’ll go now.” Seungcheol said. “If you need anything, just let us know?”

“Okay.” She said in that small voice again.

Seungcheol felt so bad for her right now. He never saw her this way before and it hurt to see her like this. The girl who brought utter joy to his friend… lied in this bed, with mixed emotions on her face, not one of them at all positive.

Jisoo and Seungcheol let the room soon after.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“What?!” Seungkwan blurted out as he was looking at his phone.

“What is it?” Seokmin asked as he was wiping down the counter. It was closing time as they were cleaning up and closing up the cafe.

“I just got a text from Chan. He said Seungcheol brought Soo Min home in his arms saying they just got back from the hospital.”

“The hospital?” Jihoon immediately had a concerned look on his face.

“They don’t know what happened yet, but she looked like she was in pain.” Seungkwan explained, staring down at his phone, he looked heart broken. “Yah! You don’t think this has anything to do with Mi Young again, do you?” He asked his friends, clearly upset. Just then Jeonghan had returned from setting the chairs up on the table.

“What about Mi Young?” Jeonghan asked as his expression went serious at the mere name.

“Hyung…” Seungkwan was getting emotional suddenly. “Chan said Seungcheol and Soo Min just got back from the hospital.”

“The hospital…” Jeonghan stared, his body freezing instantly. The hospital?

“They don’t know what happened yet, but Seungcheol would tell them after putting her to bed.”

“I have to go.” Jeonghan finally snapped out of his shock. He ran a hand through his loose hair, looking at the floor, then around to see how much work was left to do before he could leave. “I have to go…”

“Just go. We got it.” Jihoon assured him.

Jeonghan pulled off his apron and tossed it onto the counter, he already had his phone in his pant pocket and assumed they’d take his stuff with them when they leave the cafe.

“Be careful!” Seungkwan shouted after Jeonghan as he ran out the door.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Thank goodness she’s okay!” Chan exclaimed, relieved as Seungcheol explained what happened to Soo Min. How she was pushed and fell pretty hard. Her parents took her up to the hospital to get checked out just in case the fall broke or fractured anything since she was complaining about her hip.

“I can’t believe this.” Jisoo said, anger evident on his face.

“Even after all of that… She refused to press charges on Mi Young for attacking her… and refused when her mother suggested a restraining order.”

“Why?!” Hansol frowned. “She should! What if she gets hurt worse next time they run into each other?!”

“I know… that’s what we were all thinking too.” Seungcheol nodded.

“Well, Mi Young dodged it this time, hopefully she’s learned a lesson?” Soonyoung said, sounding slightly hopeful, but he knew and everyone knew that probably wasn’t true.

“I really doubt it.” Jisoo said harshly.

Suddenly they heard the front door opening and in came a breathless Jeonghan.

“Hyung!” Their younger friends said in surprised.

“Where…” Jeonghan said between his breathes. “Where is she?” He looked up. The moment Seungkwan told him what happened, he failed listen when the boy mentioned she was in her bed resting now because he was just in a state of shock and panic. He didn’t expect to hear it, that his girlfriend was at the hospital.

“In bed.” Jisoo answered him quickly.

Jeonghan took a moment to catch his breath after running all the way there from the cafe. Once his breathing was calming down, he headed to Jisoo’s room.

“Jeonghan, I don’t think-”

“Just let him be.” Jisoo interrupted Seungcheol’s warning.

Standing before the closed bedroom door, Jeonghan could already feel his heart start to ache. Returning from the hospital obviously meant she got hurt. To know she was in pain…

He took a small deep breath before entering the room. He closed the door behind himself after entering. Instantly his ears were greeted with the soft cries of his hurting girlfriend. His heart broke as he saw her lying in her bed, holding her hip, crying quietly.

“Soo Min…?” Jeonghan asked, his voice cracking.


Chapter thirty-seven! QwQ

 

RXcbnzxiM8lyEmcmwvS0XojVq5zUfuv4SeQDg1T6

I feel so horrible! OUR POOR SOO MIN! OMG TT^TT

C4KEek3kx1HZq9hzsBucnHT9hbGZuayLatqU9ra6

 

Eugh! XD

 

So here’s an update! I didn’t think I would be updating this fast but.. I got a new laptop for school and OMG! It’s a smart touch so you can actually touch the screen!!!!!!

qYl8TN3hqNoOaJ06_y9Lw5rHon4AA4d9EQM2ho-z

A year ago, my computer’s hard drive fried and I was without a laptop for like… maybe 4 months. I only had my phone(touch) and tablet(touch). So when I finally got it fixed and it was up and running again, the first thing I ended up doing was TOUCHING THE FREAKING SCREEN TO NAVIGATE!

 

/facepalm. I felt so stupid back then but LOOK AT ME NOW! TOUCHING MY LAPTOP SCREEN AND IT ACTUALLY NAVIGATES! HAHAHA

o4yBEe5IBc_p87baTFpTyy6TkMt9AHdNHeI3QxvX

*Touches screen and something goes wrong*

 

It’s taking time to get used to >__________<

 

Anyway!

 

9zj8DP6ACe2ubAx44BBvemmB5zMo41Ucsmt8h7yL

I hate to leave you guys on this cliffhanger…

But who knows, I might find time to write despite school starting because I’m just as hooked as you guys are on this story! XD

 

I was supposed sleep three hours ago, but… I just couldn’t help my self and wrote up this chapter! I had to before I lost the feels!

 

I uh, may or may have not cried a bit while writing that

‘Soo Min: I just want to go home… please.’ bit QnQ

IkkkTXwGYOgXjF1D60e-axsm_LSlYrn79x7pXx5y

AND POOR SEUNGKWAN! I THINK HE WAS ABOUT TO CRY TOO….

Huehuehuehue…

 

Okay, I should go now!

T4zqL2ahigXw0pMQ1TT58Q4KNcYCBtuSWT95-D6h

I really need to go to sleep! Gahd… I hope I didn’t ruin my sleep schedule… but it was so WORTH IT! RIGHT?! LOL *bad influence to younger people*

 

Hope everyone enjoyed, thanks for reading! ^^

 

Until next time!


 

wXr-sMMpMd2h_YExaYgXINMQbEVsu-B0ckGS2qb9