Chapter 49

Jeonghan, I choose you!

    download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Waking up at nearly 4am, Jeonghan noticed the emptiness beside him and immediately frowned. He wondered where Soo Min was as he clearly remembered he fell asleep with her in his tight hold. How did she escape? He joked in his mind while sitting up to look around the room.
 
He saw Junhui sleeping in his own bed and then he started to think maybe she went home.
 
Jumping out of bed, he tiredly rushed out of his shared room when he heard a noise in the kitchen. He was hoping it was her since he worried about her going home alone so late at night by herself. Exiting his room he made his way to the kitchen to see her rinsing a cup in the sink.
 
He let out a sigh of relief, glad to know she didn’t leave for home by herself. Entering the kitchen, she noticed him and slightly jumped at his sudden appearance. “Oh! You’re awake!” She turned the sink off before drying off her hands. “Did I wake you?” She asked with a small frown.

 

“No.” He shook his head, leaning on the counter near the sink. “I just woke up and found you missing… I was worried you went home by yourself.”

“Oh, I almost did but…” she gave a sheepish laugh, “I know that would’ve been a terrible idea.”

“It would have.” He frowned. “If you want to go home now, I’ll take you?” She shook her head in response, a sad look on her face. “I’ll take you home later on in the morning?” Again she shook her head. “Soo Min?”

“I don’t know… the thought of leaving your side makes me sad. I don’t want to. I wanna stay with you…” she said softly as her eyes were locked at her fidgeting fingers.

“Oh no, did you get too attached to me now?” He chuckled, stepping closer to tuck a few strands of hair behind her ear, tilting her chin up for her to look at him. “Awh, you’re too cute.” He smiled.

“Are you still tired? You should go back to sleep.” She gave a small smile, resting her hand over his.

“What about you, though?”

“I’ll just hang out in the living room or something. Not tired.” She sighed, looking at the time on the clock. It was almost 5 am now.

“Are you sure?” He was worried, naturally. He wanted to make sure she was rested enough, but just then he started to notice how run down she looked. “Are you feeling okay?”

“I’m fine!” She forced a smile. “Just go back to sleep. I’ll be here when you wake up with breakfast.” She pushed him out of the kitchen towards his room.

“No, you don’t look so well.” He refused to enter his room. “Don’t tell me you’re getting sick?” He placed the back of his hand to her forehead. She had a small fever. “What are you stressing about?” He asked, just knowing it had to do with their relationship, possibly.

She looked down, not wanting to answer. She felt bad that she let their issues get the best of her, making her stress… He had just gotten over being sick from stressing about their issue with his ex last week and now here she was getting sick stressing over something that’s completely natural between couples. It wasn’t the idea itself, more like she was just so inexperienced in relationships and felt like she’s been burdening him, someone who has a lot of experience in relationships. She just didn’t want to disappoint him or make him feel unloved.

In her moment of guilt, she suddenly felt Jeonghan wrap his arms around her, holding her gently as he kissed the side of her head. There was a sting in the back of her eyes and she almost laughed… recalling her boyfriend cried from feeling guilty earlier and here she was, doing the same.

“It’s okay.” He said, holding her a little tighter. “We’ll get through this together.”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It was about 8am when Soo Min woke up and she was instantly met with the peacefully sleeping face of her boyfriend next to her. After Jeonghan had comforted her earlier, they returned to his bed to sleep, because they really needed it now. Too much waking up during the night.

A smile spread across her face as she took a moment to admire him. He looked like he was sleeping well, which was a relief since he was so tired earlier. She wondered what she was going to do as she didn’t want to disturb his slumber by getting out of bed. And for a second, she believed he was psychic as he shifted in his spot and his eyes fluttered open to look at her tiredly.

“Morning.” She said softly.

“Morning…” he closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again, looking more alert. “What time is it?”

“Uh…” she turned over to grab her phone off the nightstand by his bed. “A quarter after eight(8:25am).” Seeing his face scrunch up in annoyance, she laughed. It was too early for him, obviously! “You should go back to sleep.” She added before sitting up.

“Are you leaving now?” He asked, looking up at her with a slight frown.

“I should go home.” She gave a reluctant smile. “You know, responsibilities… mother responsibilities.” At least she knew how to lighten up the mood.

“Whatever, those kids will be fine without you this morning. Your Honey can handle them on his own, anyways.” He chuckled. sitting up and grabbing her arm to pull her back down next to him. “What happened to you not wanting to leave my side, huh?” He teased. “Just stay with me a little while longer… please?” He then snuggled up to her.

“Alright.” She caved, actually pleased with the situation… she didn’t know why, but she liked it a lot when Jeonghan cuddles up to her instead of it being her like all the clichés.

“Soo Min?” She heard him mumble before the back of his hand reached up to touch the side of her face. “Are you still not feeling well?”

“Oh… I’m okay.” She tried to assure him but it didn’t seem like he was buying it.

“You’re a lot warmer since earlier.” He said, propping himself up on one arm with concerned eyes. He checked her forehead. “Your fever didn’t go away...”

“Really?” She frowned. She was hoping sleeping more would have taken care of it.

“Are you stressing about us?” He asked while tucking a few stray strands of hair behind her ear.

“Just a little…” she muttered, her eyes casted down to her folded hands in her lap. Actually, it was a lot, but she didn’t want to tell him that. It’d probably make him feel bad and guilty. She hadn’t been sleeping well lately because of the situation, either. She had been worried about him and his feelings the most, probably more than she should have.

“Let’s sleep some more, then.” He pulled her back down to lie beside him.

“But what about work?” She frowned, looking at him as he closed his eyes.

“It’ll be fine… health comes first, remember? Right now we need some serious rest…” he said as they settled down on his bed. “Let’s just relax for today. Just sleep and wake up when the year is over.”

“Wow, are you that tired?” She laughed at his comment.

“Maybe...” He mumbled, fatigue taking over again.

“Then I hope you sleep better this time.” She reached over to lightly caress his cheek.

“I will if you’re by my side.” He smiled, eyes still closed as he took her hand into his, interlocking their fingers together.

“Then I’ll stay here, like this.” She cuddled up to him this time. “Sweet dreams… I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

“Eugh! It’s way too early for this!” They heard Junhui groan across the room. Soo Min looked over to see him getting out of bed, grabbing one of his pillows and blanket before making his way out of the room.

“Sweet dreams, Ahjumma, We love you too!” She laughed.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Yo.” Soo Min greeted Jisoo in the kitchen while heading for the fridge to get some juice out.

“Sup?” He replied over his shoulder as he was preparing dinner. She returned to Jisoo’s place a few minutes ago after Jeonghan walked her there. Since they slept most of the morning and afternoon, he felt like he could at least go to his shift at Pledis Pizza.

“Are the kids home?”

“Not yet, they left with the others to play basketball an hour ago.”

Just then there was a knock at the front door.

“I’m not answering it.” Soo Min backed away from the kitchen entrance.

“I’ll answer it, then.” He laughed, turning off the stove since what was in the skillet was done cooking. He made his way to the front door and opened it to see no one standing there. Then a Chucky doll popped into view. “Yeah, Soo Min wasn’t the one who answered the door, Ren.” He held back a laugh, obviously not frightened but amused.

“You mean she’s not here?!” Ren stepped over quickly with a worried look on his face. “I told her to text me when she got home but she never did! Should we call the police?”

“She’s here, relax.” Jisoo assured him, letting the blonde in.

“Did you bring that scary doll of yours after I already told you not to?!” Soo Min frowned at the kitchen entrance.

“You never texted us, he was worried!” He held the doll up, making it wave at her.

“Eugh,” she shivered where she stood, “put him away!”

“So rude.” Ren pouted as he sat the doll down on the couch. “Okay, start explaining why you didn’t leave a message like I told you to?” He crossed his arms over his chest, eyeing her suspiciously…

“It slipped my mind.” She replied honestly. “I went to Jeonghan’s after I left your apartment and stayed the night.”

“You what?” His eyes went wide.

“I was worried about him, so I went to visit him. I’m a big girl, chill out.” She laughed at his increasing shocked expression. “We didn’t do anything.”

“Jeonghan is a good guy, he’ really won’t do anything that’d make her uncomfortable.” Jisoo added in.

“But what if she was comfortable?!” Ren protested. “We don’t know that, we weren’t there!”

“Chucky, can you please talk some sense into your owner?” She sighed, eyes panning over to the couch. “And by the way, why didn’t Min Hee come with you this time?”

“She was out with her friends when I left.” He answered, walking back over to retrieve his doll. “I just thought I’d come check on you in person. I was on my way to meet my friends for dinner.” He added, getting ready to take his leave. “By the way, you are coming to Minhyun’s birthday party this Sunday, right?”

“This Sunday?” She repeated before thinking about it. Today was Tuesday, August 4th, Minhyun’s birthday is on August 9th. “Oh, right, of course! He’ll throw a fit if I don’t…” she mumbled at the end.

“Great, I’ll let him know. You’re coming too, right?” Ren looked to Jisoo.

“I’ll be there.” He nodded.

“Be there, or be square.” He pointed at them in his best English as he backed up to the door.

“I’ll be whatever the heck I want!” Soo Min replied back in English. “I’ll be a triangle if I feel like it! I’ll tri(try) to be a-round(circle).”

“I’m going.” Ren frowned as he didn’t really understand her and Jisoo laughed.

Once he was gone, Jisoo turned to face Soo Min. “I just remembered, it’ll be Seungcheol’s birthday this Saturday, the day before Minhyun’s.”

“Really?!” She asked, surprised. “Oh my gosh, who else has a birthday coming up?!” She opened up the calendar app on her phone.

“Your birthday, but that’s a whole month from now.” He said before thinking some more. “Jeonghan’s in October, Ren’s in November along with Minghao and Jihoon. And… that’s about it for this year.” He said with a small shrug, secretly testing if his friend remembers his birthday.

“Then your birthday in December.” She laughed, catching on.

“I’m glad you remembered.” He smiled.

“Of course! Gosh, what kind of friend would I be if I forgot your birthday!” She rolled her eyes before a look of shock took over. “Oh my god, it’s Bo-Young’s birthday this month! Ae-Cha’s will be in December too… I am a horrible friend! Mi-Cha shares the same birth month as me… why am I only thinking about them now?” She let her head dropped, feeling bad. She hadn’t been spending much time with her friends lately.

“Even I knew her birthday was this month, tsk tsk, Pikachu…” Jisoo shook his head. “You’ve been hanging around your Squirtle a little too much these days.”

“I know… I’ll go see them soon, I promise!” She gave a thumbs up. “So hang out with your girl as much as you can this week because she’s mine after Minhyun’s birthday.”

“Excuse me?!” He laughed at her words.

“We’ll trade. I’ll give you Jeonghan and you give me Bo-Young for a week!”

“You are ridiculous.”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Hey, Squirtle!” Ae-Cha beamed as she came up to Jeonghan’s register with her sister and Bo-Young.

“Awwwwh~!” Mi-Cha gushed at how adorable her sister was while Bo-Young had her arms folded across her chest, facing off to the side as if she didn’t want to be there.

“Hey, girls, been awhile?” Jeonghan greeted back with a smile.

“Yeah, it’s been a long time.” Bo-Young muttered, sounding slightly bitter.

“Uh?” He frowned when he noticed her attitude.

“Ah, don’t worry about her, she’s just being a little bitter these days.” Mi-Cha said quietly to him. “She’s been jealous about how much time Soo Min’s been spending with you.”

“Really?”

“But it’s okay! You’re her boyfriend!” Ae-Cha chimed. “We’ve been spending time with our boyfriends, too!” Mi-Cha cleared , forcing her sister to rephrase her sentence. “I mean… Bo-Young and I have been spending time with our boyfriends.”

“Still single?” Suddenly Junhui butted into the conversation with a grin on his face.

“Still trying?” She snickered, doing a hair flip before turning away slightly.

“I think that means she likes you.” Jeonghan leaned back a little to assure his roommate.

“Do not!” She glared at Jeonghan who only laughed. “I’m going to get a table!” She said to her friends before walking off.

“Hehe, forgive my sister, she’s one of them ‘plays hard to get’ at first.” Ae-Cha said to Junhui. “So just keep trying! I’m rooting for you!”

“Thanks!” Junhui gave a happy smile before leaving back to his kitchen duties.

“God, I hope they hook up. I’m tired of him ruining the mood when Soo Min’s over. Such a bitter ahjumma.”

“She comes over a lot?” Bo-Young asked, eyeing Jeonghan with narrowed eyes.

“Uh… so are you three gonna order anything?” He looked back to Ae-Cha feeling nervous in the presence of Soo Min’s other protective friend.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Delivery for Pikachu.” Won Woo said at the door while handing mentioned Pokémon her food.

“Thank you, Slowpoke. I’m surprised you got here so fast.” She teased only to get her cheeks pinched pretty hard. “Ow! What the heck?!”

“Sorry, I didn’t recognize you without your red cheeks.” He laughed.

“You’re a jerk!” She pouted, rubbing one of her sore cheeks. “You should probably head back now, that way you can get back before the restaurant actually closes.”

This time she was grabbed into a headlock.

“I’ll take my time!” He said, messing up her hair while laughing. “Thanks for your concern, though!”

“Okay, you can stop! I won’t tease you anymore!” She squealed in his hold. He finally let her go. “Goodbye!” She frowned at him, shutting the door only for him to stick his foot in to stop the door from closing.

“Wait,” he pushed the door back open, “I wanted to ask how things with you and Jeonghan are going?”

“Oh?”

“I heard some noises last night in Jeonghan’s room, and well…?” He had a nonchalant smile on his lips. She could only guess what he was talking about.

“No!” Her face started to heat up. “You heard wrong!”

“Are you sure?” He teased. Pay back.

“100% sure!” She exclaimed.

“Then why is your face getting so red?!” He pointed. She smacked his hand away, her embarrassment intensifying. “You really did?!” He gasped.

“Oh my god, noooooo!” She whined. “No! We didn’t! I swear!”

“Oh my word, Soo Min! So daring when you know he has roommates!”

“Stop!” She pleaded. “I won’t call you Slowpoke anymore!”

“Gosh, for someone with no experience, you sure know how to make a guy scream.”

“He didn’t scream!”

“What is going on over here?” Suddenly Jisoo joined the conversation with a suspicious look. He had overheard part of their conversation by the looks of his folded arms.

“I better go. Catch ya later!” Won Woo took off with an evil grin.

“I hate you!” She yelled after him.

“Love you too!’ He shouted back, turning down the hallway.

“So what exactly happened at Jeonghan’s last night?” Jisoo questioned, that parental look on his face.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“One large pepperoni pizza!” Junhui placed the girls order on the table.

“Another smiley face!” Ae-Cha pointed looking excited.

“How old is she again?” Junhui asked with a small laugh to Mi-Cha.

“18.” She chuckled. “Thanks.”

“No problem, I’m still working on making a Mona Lisa pizza… soon! I’ll master it soon!” He smiled before leaving the table.

“Yah!” Mi-Cha frowned at her sister. “Your boyfriend gossiped to all his friends about what I said last time we were here?!”

“It seems so.” Ae-Cha giggled. “No need to get mad, sis, just chill out.”

“I am as chill as chill can be!” She said bitterly.

“That’s hard to believe.” Bo-Young laughed until Jeonghan came to their table to check on them. Her expression fell into a bitter one like Mi-Cha’s.

“Sorry, they’re just being really silly today.” Ae-Cha apologized on their behalf. “But while you’re here, can I get a refill?”

“Sure.” He managed a small smile to the cute girl before leaving the table.

“Listen up you two…” Ae-Cha said quietly. “If you don’t stop with your attitudes, I will be upset, got it?” It was supposed to be threatening, it was supposed to be serious, it was supposed to be a warning but…

“Awwww~!” The two older girls gushed, her sister hugging her in their seats, rubbing her cheek against her little sister’s.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Hey, sis, long time no see?” Min Hee smiled at the door when Soo Min answered it.

“Oh, Min Hee?” Soo Min let her inside. Her younger roommates still hadn’t returned home yet, and Jisoo had stepped out to run a quick errand so it was only Soo Min in the apartment right now. “Long time no see? We saw each other yesterday!”

“I know.” She chuckled. “But still… I don’t see you enough!” She added, opening her arms for a hug.

“Ah, sorry…” her sister replied, giving her a quick hug. “I’ll try to visit more often.”

“You better! Or I’ll come hunt you down-”

“Ren already threatened me with that.” Soo Min interrupted with a laugh.

“Damn it… beating me to everything these days. Did he remind you about Minhyun’s birthday?”

“He did.”

“... damn it.”

“You’re silly! Let’s sit down.” Soo Min lead her to the couches. “How are mom and dad? I haven’t been able to go see them yet since so much stuff has been happening…”

“They’re good. No worries, I’m sure they’ll understand…” Min Hee assured her. “Ren and I were going to see them tomorrow, why don’t you and Jeonghan come, too?”

“That sounds like a good idea… but Jeonghan has work.”

“Ah, I see… then on his next day off?”

“I’ll let you know, then.”

“Great!” Min Hee smiled brightly. “So, little sis… how goes your love life?”

“Next question.”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Knock, knock… guess who?” Jeonghan said at the doorway of Jisoo’s bedroom.

“Oh, hey!” Soo Min sat up quickly in her bed when she saw him poke his head in. She had been lying down since she felt a little run down again.

“Feeling any better? Jisoo told me you weren’t feeling good earlier.” He said while coming to sit on the edge of her bed.

“I’m okay, just needed to lie down for a bit.” She assured him.

“I just wanted to come check on you in person before going home.”

“Ah, you sound like Ren!” She giggled, remembering how Ren said he wanted to check on her in person, too.

“That copycat.” He joked.

“At least you two don’t have the same hair color anymore. That was really confusing.” She teased.

“Ha. Ha.” He rolled his eyes. “Well, I’ll get going now. I magically don’t have work tomorrow. I suppose my managers found out how hard I’ve been working… again.”

“That’s good. Rest up!” She patted him on the shoulder before pausing.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Well… Min Hee came by earlier. She mentioned that she and Ren were going to see my parents tomorrow and that we should come along. But I knew you had work so I told her I’d let her know when your next day off is…”

“Let’s go.” He smiled.

“But, you should rest.”

“I’ll rest at your parents house.” He laughed.

“Real funny, what a great impression you’ll leave on my parents. The guy who crashed on the living room couch.”

“It’ll be okay. I already won your dad over when I paid for their meal last time, right?”

“... true.” She face palmed, remembering the small meeting. How her dad liked Jeonghan so much just because he paid for the food.

“Then it’s settled. We’ll go see your parents tomorrow.” He leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“Alright. Rest up a lot.”

“You too.” He patted her on the head before getting up. She frowned as she watched him stand before looking down at her hands resting in her lap. She got a kiss to the cheek and wondered if that’s all he was going to give her right now. That’s when she felt his lips lock onto hers in a sweet kiss suddenly. She assumed too quickly. “Sweet dreams, I love you, Pikachu.” He smiled, tucking her into bed.

“I love you too, Squirtle.” She smiled, happy.

“Ehem…” there stood Jisoo standing in the doorway with that parental look again.

“We love you too, Leavanny!” They chorused.


Chapter forty-nine!



 

IM829cRKJ5BG6MvAFCtOYKf71ObweZQ1fn4cLkkz

I’m back!

C2Ts0GrfYlkUp_pDWdt4U7RWcbSK_8U2CrooCc5G

Wah… a lot happened in this chapter? IDK XD hahaha I did my best!

EmU6xPQiWJLuty99tb2OqpxqAM4OHJwSVj8DVb_N

Won Woo that jerk…

p9V4rvA_XJP8JK_Q08N6RwDR1ZmkalbBP__W0q5L

Jisoo: and you didn’t think I was going to find out what happened, didn’t you?

QSuZ40iQqD3RLZic0wCT8mJNsoKxW-3Y37ZqD2nH

But nothing even happened!!!!

sfgLVmZZP9fj95zlhoEGppmWjJgI3w-dE2x4HJfA

Jisoo: and I’m just supposed to believe you?

M-AhQh6BLq3DHL6igCBc8s4vHB89W4u51UdbyxW8

...

iMWUb1gGnMBLpf95GQ5c3kxX_dP-Fd5ezGHVBqQZ

Won Woo: Talk , get hit! LOL

Hbgu2Uxq9N1DqALNn2MU2PRKu26BLVanvFY7TfEb

Hansol: Really? Really, dude? Gonna treat my mom like that?

NMRM8wTGumFxPJnjOd39Qs12aO2dVTHtRaLuUSOl

Won Woo: Why yes… yes I will treat your momma like that… she calls me Slowpoke.

EyRJrc5JnR_HkMRXMjtb3OZ_QPhhmkg8LrTqrCMf

Hansol: Then I shall call you Slowpoke, too.

suoeBSdkTTHPZjt9RpzqF5vO_mYyrLOGe79LnwT1

Jeonghan: What are you guys doing in the A/N. Shut up.

b_95_VHkTHvQg_WZ0CH-tCwofD6Qu3zk92FHar58

LOL! I AM SORRY. I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT WAS ALL ABOUT HAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed this mess of a chapter… See ya next time!

HcogGCEATsofK9ogY-Xq4Pwg5P-rFTqVwM5lQngW

P.S JEON WON WOO IS A SLOWPOKE!

XsBP9vvouJGOsKGixKR-3WrL9SzZhpoJd4Ao7-An

Won Woo: You want to die?

UzUj7-7nWdJPAWt6DWve6IYA5HTyRGGbvcICC-Vv

No, I’d very much like to live, thank you...

_X3HsYZU4h7mMKjtX8j_fwuuDo3Jr9elwsEEVJp_

Junhui: and we’re not going to talk about how my relationship with Mi-Cha is slowly improving?

ICS0Dwt2BqVNqFE9EvMD7zUqdFhlJePFpVoV85tJ

*Interrupts*

Jihoon: Ah, but how adorable was my Ae-Cha? I swear, she’s the cutest thing on this planet…

J1-qVbX34uMhrNW4l-wkXsSVTVqmmuGBsIldOE4Q

Junhui: *Ignored*

HAHA sorry, not sorry? Don’t hate me Junhui fans haha he’ll get his spotlight soon!

 

gosh this was a long A/N ._.