Chapter 21

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Are you sure?” Jisoo asked as Soo Min was heading to the front door to leave.

“Yes, I’m sure.” She said, grabbing her umbrella that was leaning against the wall. She didn’t trust the weather, even if it said it was suppose to be bright and sunny today. She could just sense another storm was on it’s way again. She was starting to hate the rain but in reality, she was glad! At least it kept it from getting too hot outside. But then it also got cold. It’s complicated.

“What about your date later tonight…?”

“I’ll be done by then.” She assured him.

“I’m not talking about being late.” She looked over to Jisoo who had a complete worried look on his face. “What?”

“I’ll be fine. Relax.” She gave him a small smile. He was worried if she were to go see her parents before her date, she’d be in a bad mood during the date.

“Fine, I won’t stop you.” He sighed. “Just… stay strong, alright?”

“I will.” She nodded, giving a thumbs up.

With that, she left the apartment and headed for her parents house. It was early evening right now, about 6:14pm as she decided to go visit them, thinking an hour was enough time. She planned to have them call Min Hee over, too, so they all could talk as a family. She had to deal with this sooner or later, avoiding it all summer wasn’t going to help. Despite not fully being ready, to which she never thought she’d ever be ready, she was going to face them.

The walk over wasn’t that long and she arrived about 15 minutes later. At the gate, she rang the bell waiting for her parents to answer the door, but she didn’t expect to be greeted by none other than… Ren.

“Soo Min?” He smiled, beckoning her to come inside.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Where are you going on your date?” Won Woo asked Jeonghan curiously as they were chilling out on the couch. Mingyu was helping Junhui clean up in the kitchen after their early dinner.

“I suggested we go see a movie.” Jeonghan replied.

“Cliché, but okay.” His roommate nodded. “What movie are you taking her to? A romantic movie?”

“Jurassic World.”

“What? A dinosaur movie?!” Won Woo looked at him in disapproval.

“She’s the one who asked to see it.” Jeonghan chuckled at his reaction. “I thought the same as you!”

“Whoa… Pikachu is just full of surprises, isn’t she?” His younger friend shook his head, amused.

“She is.”

“When are you two leaving to see it?”

“She wanted to see the 7:30pm showing.”

“I’m really hoping she doesn’t get paranoid when you leave the theater and it’s dark out.”

“Fingers crossed.” Jeonghan chuckled.

“Hey, hyung?” Suddenly Won Woo asked.

“Yes?”

“Has Mingyu been acting odd since yesterday, or is it just me?” He asked quietly, making sure said person wasn’t around to hear this.

“What do you mean?” Jeonghan tilted his head, confused. He hadn’t noticed anything out of the ordinary with their roommate. He was just his usual happy self.

“I don’t know… it feels like maybe he’s ignoring me. I have no idea what I could’ve done for him to ignore me, though?”

“I wouldn’t know either, sorry.”

“It’s so weird, this started happening ever since I had lunch with Soo Min.” Won Woo frowned, looking down at the remote in his hands.

“... you had lunch with Soo Min?” Jeonghan asked, curious.

“Yeah.” He nodded, looking up to see that suspicious look on his older roommate’s face. “What?”

“Nothing.” He shook his head, focusing on the TV again. Just like before… the words Won Woo said bothered him a little.  

 

Come talk to me.

Don’t let misunderstandings chew away at your mind, okay?

 

Soo Min’s words played back in his mind. He thought about it for a bit… but realized he probably shouldn’t bring that up before or during their date. He’d bring it up soon, though.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Where is everyone… why is it just you here?” Soo Min asked quietly as she and Ren sat in the living room together.

“I was out with my brother this afternoon.” He started to explain. “They told me to come over even if they weren’t here yet. Your father is out with some friends currently. Your mother and sister went to the store to fetch a few things for tonight’s dinner.”

“Oh… you’re all having dinner tonight?” She asked, the lonely feelings kicking in again.

“Yeah.” He nodded before slightly frowning. “They still don’t have your number since you never texted or called them from your last visit.” He knew she must have felt left out just now.

“Right…” She sighed. She was getting upset yet, it was all her fault. I need to seriously stop doing that. She thought to herself with a small snicker. Getting upset over things others have no idea about.

“What is it?” Ren asked when he heard her.

“Nothing.” She shook her head. “So… how are you and Min Hee doing these days?” She forced out a smile.

“We’re doing great.” He smiled back.

“That’s good to hear. You must really love her a lot… don’t you?”

“I do.” He nodded, that happy look on his face. She frowned. “Something wrong?” He noticed.

“Why?” She blurted out. Her emotions were getting the better of her now. Instead of staying quiet… she kept on speaking. “Why her?”

“I don’t understand what you’re talking about?” He tilted his head in confusion.

“Was it because I was a year younger? Was it because I wasn’t girly enough? Because she had more experience with dating? What does she have that I don’t? We were practically the same!”

“Soo Min?” He frowned.

“Was it because she’s better than me?” Her head dropped as she fought off tears. What am I doing?! Why am I saying this to him?!

“Is that how you were feeling?” He asked, clear worry in his tone.

“The only thing I ever wanted was to be recognized for me and not as Min Hee’s little sister. You were the first one to do that…” She confessed. “But in the end, it all came down to who was better, didn’t it?”

“Enough!” He scolded. “Don’t say such negative things about yourself or Min Hee. It was never like that!”

“Then what was it?! I was in the same grade with you both. We were all friends! We were all close! I even thought at some point you liked me before you and Min Hee moved back to Seoul!”

“I did.” He said calmly. She froze in her seat, wondering  if she heard that right? “I did like you at one point…” He admitted. “But it wasn’t enough to be with you.”

“Not enough?!” She repeated, feeling angry.

“I’m sorry.”

“I loved you…” she said softly, “and for some stupid reason, I still do… I’m an idiot.”

“Soo Min…”

“So I couldn’t make your heart move in the slightest?” She needed to know... did she have any chance at all back then?

“It was your sister who made my heart move the most. You can’t really explain what it was. It wasn’t because she was better, or there was something you lacked… my heart just wanted her.”

It was too much to take as Soo Min got up and took off running out of the house. She almost ran into her sister who opened the front door.

“Soo Min?!” She was surprised to see her, yet worried when she saw her little sister crying. “What’s wrong?!” She was shoved out of the way before Soo Min continued to run away from the house.

“What happened?!” Their mother dropped the grocery bag to help her eldest daughter up when Ren came rushing after Soo Min.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized.

“What happened?” Min Hee came up to him. “Did you say something to upset her?”

Ren sighed, watching Soo Min running off.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“I’m going now.” Jeonghan said to his roommates who all mumbled an ‘okay’ followed by a wave. When he opened the front door, he was surprised to see Soo Min already standing there, wiping away at her eyes quickly.

“Ah! Ready to go?!” She forced a smile.

“What’s wrong?!” He asked, completely worried. She looked like she had been crying for quite some time by now.

“Nothing!” She shook her head. “Allergies?”

“Are you okay?” He definitely knew something was up.

“I’m fine!” She forced another smile. “So let’s get going! The dinosaurs are waiting for us!” Her voice cracked.

“Soo Min…” He frowned, reaching out to wipe a falling tear for her before caressing her cheek. She leaned into his touch as more tears fell.

“Jeonghan…”

“It’s okay.” He pulled her into a tight hug.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Here you go.” Junhui handed Soo Min some medicine for her oncoming headache along with a glass of water.

“Thank you, Junhui.” At the lack of Pokémon names, they only worried more.

She was currently sitting on Jeonghan’s bed after they suggested she should lie down for a bit. Won Woo and Mingyu stayed in the living room, worrying of course, Junhui joined them a moment later as Jeonghan was left in their shared room with Soo Min.

“I’m sorry.” Soo Min sighed after finishing the glass of water.

“Don’t be… it’s alright.”

“I don’t know what I was doing… I should have just left when I heard none of my family was there. I’m such an idiot. I didn’t meant to admit everything to him like that…” She spoke, hanging her head embarrassed and ashamed.

This was probably the last thing Jeonghan wanted to hear right now… they were supposed to be going on a date, but instead she showed up to his door crying because she told Ren how she felt all this time.

Jeonghan just sat at the foot of his bed, quiet.

“Now that I think about it…” she said softly, “I told him how I felt. He told me why it wasn’t me he loved… This means I got closure, doesn’t it?” Jeonghan looked back at her, he had a slight hurt look on his face, but it was fading after she had said that. “I’ve faced it now. The reality we’ll never be together… yes, I’m totally heart broken… but…” a soft smile came to her lips, “the pain goes away… when I face you, Jeonghan.”

A smile tugged at his lips.

“The more I’m with you, the less I think of him.” She continued. “I think my heart is finally letting go…”

“Making progress.” He smiled. “That’s good, that’s great… I’m glad.”

“Jeonghan?”

“Yes?”

“Could we… perhaps have our date here?” She asked a bit shy. “I don’t want to cancel… nor do I want to embarrass you at the theater with my ugly crying face.” She sniffed, bringing the back of her hand to wipe away a few tears that fell again.

“Your crying face isn’t ugly, not in the slightest!” He protested. “And sure… I don’t mind.”

“Then… lie down with me?” She asked, patting the spot next to her.

“Sure!” He happily agreed.

“Is this still considered a date, though?” She worried.

“I really don’t care, just as long as I’m with you.” He smiled, taking one of her hands into his and gently kissed the back of it before holding it tightly with his own. She smiled, placing her other hand over his that was holding hers. He did the same. Now they were both lying there, holding each other’s hands sharing happy/loving smiles with one another.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“What are we doing?” Mingyu asked as he and Won Woo were standing before the movie theater.

“Checking for the showing times.” He mumbled, looking for Jurassic World. “It doesn’t look like they have the movie Soo Min wanted to see anymore.” He frowned. Mingyu tried to ignore that just now.

“Unless there’s another movie she wanted to see, perhaps the movie date wasn’t going to work out.”

“They can still have a movie date!” Won Woo said positively. “Let’s go to the movie rental store.”

Mingyu could only nod in agreement and followed his older friend. He was feeling so conflicted right now… He was happy to be alone with Won Woo, yet the only reason why they were was because of Soo Min. Ever since the girl came into the picture, he adored her! But now… with speculations that something could be going on with her and Won Woo… he didn’t know how to feel about her anymore.

Though one thing confused him. If something was going on between the two… why was Won Woo trying to help her date with Jeonghan? That didn’t really seem to add up, honestly. Is there something I don’t know? He wondered as they made it to the movie rental store.

“Perfect! We’ll get this one.” Won Woo smiled, holding up a Pokémon movie! The first movie, to be more exact.

“Pokémon?” Mingyu tried not to laugh, it was cute though.

“Yes! I’m sure it will make Pikachu happy!” He beamed.

Again with Pikachu.

Mingyu tried to hide his bitter look by turning away to look at the other movies behind him.

“What’s wrong?” Won Woo asked, noticing.

“Just picking out another movie while we’re here.” He mumbled, staring at the empty spot where a movie once was.

“Get a scary one!” He patted him on the shoulder.

“No~! If you want a scary movie, pick it out yourself! I’m getting a cute movie instead.” He pouted, walking further down the movie aisle.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It had been close to an hour by now since SooHan’s date started. They spent the past hour just talking about themselves in hopes to learn more about each other. The may or may not have had a 5 minute argument about Jeonghan not liking sweets as much as her. It was a cute argument. They were getting closer and closer the more they talked.

“I knew Pikachu was awesome.” Jeonghan grinned. She had told him all her achievements just now, from skipping a grade in school to winning several awards for several different talents growing up.

“I’m not that awesome.” She blushed, smiling.

“You want to know another award you won? An important one?” He asked, tilting her chin up to look at him since she shyly looked down from his previous comment.

“What?” She asked as he was looking into her eyes with a loving look.

“My heart.” He said softly.

Her whole face turned red… her heart was racing, she was unbelievably happy right now, everything from earlier… all the drama just vanished from her mind.

“It’s probably my best award so far.” She smiled, resting her small hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat.

“Darn right I am.” He chuckled.

“Wah, what a confident award.” She giggled, reaching up to caress his cheek. When she realized what she was doing, she stilled. He stopped her from retracting her hand and chuckled.

“What?” He asked, placing her hand back on his cheek.

“Eh, uh… er…” She stuttered out.

“Why don’t you kiss me?” He teased.

“W-Why?!” Her face went red again.

“What? You don’t want to kiss me?” He pouted, letting go of her hand. “Okay, I understand.”  He his side away from her to pout some more.

She quickly sat up behind him, looking down at him nervously. “It’s not like that!” She could see him holding back his laughter. “Yah! Don’t laugh!” She hit him. “You’re so mean! You know I don’t have much experience with dating! Why are you picking on me?!” She complained, crossing her arms with a pout of her own.

“You’re right, I’m sorry.” He turned and faced her, looking up. “Earn some experience, then.” He tapped on his lips, hinting for her to kiss him.

“Maybe I don’t want the experience now.” She blushed, looking away, still not appreciating the way he was teasing her.

“Awww.” Jeonghan whined from his lying position.

She looked down at him before sighing. She placed a kiss to her hand then placed it on his mouth. “There.”

“What kind of kiss is that?!” He chuckled.

“An indirect kiss.” She grinned.

He sat up and faced her, a smile plastered on his face as he stared at her.

“What?” She asked shyly.

“Just admiring your beautiful face.” He replied, as his eyes landed on her lips.

“More like my lips.” She laughed.

“They look so kissable.” He grinned.

“It’s really difficult when you’re the only one who knows how to kiss people…” She frowned, looking away. “You have way more experience than me. How easy is it when you’re telling me to kiss you and I have no idea what to even do. You’re the first guy I’ve ever kissed.”

“And how are you supposed to learn if you decide to not even try?” He raised a brow, the grin on his face not leaving.

“And embarrass myself?!” She covered her face.

“A kiss isn’t something that needs perfecting… it shouldn’t be something to stress or worry over. It’s a natural occurrence that happens when two people are attracted to one another by their feelings… it’s a gesture to show they love each other. It’s not a sport.” He ended, pulling her hands away from her face. “Maybe I got too comfortable and expected that you’d to feel the same. I’m sorry.” He tucked a few stray strands of her hair behind her ear, an apologetic expression on his face.

“For someone who doesn’t like sweets, you’re really sweet!” She couldn’t help but smile brightly. She boldly gave him a small peck to his lips before tackling him with a hug. He must be my Mr. Right!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Jurassic world wasn’t showing in the theater when we looked.” Won Woo said to Jeonghan after he and Soo Min came out of his room a few minutes ago. They figured they could go to the 9pm showing instead.

“What? It wasn’t? But I checked earlier?” Jeonghan frowned.

“They must’ve switched it out after you checked.” Mingyu shrugged.

“Awww.” Soo Min pouted. “I really wanted to see it.”

“I’m sorry.” Jeonghan apologized. “I should have went in and asked to make sure.”

“It’s fine.” She assured him. “We can watch it when it’s out on DVD.”

“Speaking of DVDs,” Won Woo grinned, “you two can still have your movie date, here!”

“What are we even going to watch?” His older roommate asked, curious.

“Ta-da!” Won Woo held up the movie.

“The Cell?” Soo Min asked, noticing it was a scary movie.

“Oh! Whoops! Sorry, wrong one!” He quickly put it back in the bag and fished out another movie.

“Finding Nemo?!” Her face lit up. It happened to be one of her favorites.

“I just love how there’s a horror movie and a kiddie movie in the same bag.” Jeonghan chuckled.

“This one isn’t it, either!” Won Woo sighed, putting it back and finally fished out the movie he picked for the two. “Here it is! This is it!”

“Pokémon!” Soo Min cheered, accepting it from him.

“Since Junhui left to visit Minghao at Jisoo’s place, you two can watch it in here, me and Mingyu will watch our movies in our room. Enjoy!” Won Woo smiled, heading to his shared room. Mingyu followed behind, looking quite conflicted. He just knew Won Woo was going to make him watch that scary movie with him!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Jeonghan and Soo Min sat on the couch together, watching the Pokémon movie Won Woo rented for them. This was cute, since Pokémon was her favorite and whenever Pikachu spoke, she’d speak back! “Pikachu~!”

It was about twenty minutes into the movie when they heard Mingyu shout. Worried, Soo Min jumped up and rushed over, knocking before opening the door only for Mingyu to rush out looking scared.

“What’s wrong?!” Jeonghan worried when his roommate came straight to him and crashed into him, holding him like he was a scared little child clinging to his mother.

“I’m scared! How can anyone watch that stuff?!” He cried out, completely horrified.

Soo Min frowned and poked her head into their room to see Won Woo sitting on his bed with the remote in his hand. He had paused the movie, the scary movie, when Mingyu got scared and ran out.

“What a baby.” Won Woo chuckled.

“Yes, totally Mr. Screamed-like-you-were-being-murdered-when-I-grabbed-you-and-dragged-you-to-the-closet-at-Seungkwan’s-house.” She smirked with crossed arms.

“Yah! That was different!” He defended with a pout.

“You’re watching that scary movie?” She asked, looking at the screen. She recognized the actress and suddenly became interested.

“You want to watch it with me?” He asked, forgetting that she was currently watching the Pokémon movie with Jeonghan in the living room.

“Uh…” She looked back to see Jeonghan trying to calm his friend down… he looked busy right now. “Sure. Just for a few minutes until Mingyu quits clinging to my date.” She chuckled quietly, walking into the room to take a seat next to him.

“He’s clinging to him?” Won Woo frowned.

“You scared him by making him watch this with you, don’t even go there, it’s not like that.” She pinched his cheek.

“Fine.” He pushed her hand away before pressing play. The movie resumed and the two watched.

 

Ten minutes later…

 

Both Won Woo and Soo Min came running out of the room, heading straight for Jeonghan who had just finally finished calming Mingyu down. They both clung onto him tightly, shaking in fear.

“What’s with you two?!” Jeonghan laughed. Won Woo who liked scary films just like Jisoo was clinging onto him like a little kid who got frightened from a nightmare.

“T-Too scary!” Soo Min stuttered out.

“I didn’t think it’d be that scary!” Won Woo exclaimed, his hold getting tighter around Jeonghan.

“Serves you right for trying to make me watch that.” Mingyu said with crossed arms nearby. He could care less about his crush right now, honestly.

“Let’s just please watch something that isn’t scary, now!” Soo Min pleaded.

The four ended up watching the rest of the Pokémon movie as well as Finding Nemo right after. By the end of the night, it really wasn't SooHan's date anymore, but after that small scare with Won Woo's scary movie, no one really cared. The more the merrier!

So, how did the three do once bedtime arrived, you ask?

It ended up with both Mingyu and Won Woo waking up from nightmares and crawling into Jeonghan’s bed at 2am in the morning! It was 3am when Soo Min crawled into Jisoo’s bed, absolutely terrified.

“No more scary movies for you.” Both Jisoo and Jeonghan mumbled tiredly to their roommates.


Chapter twenty-one~!

 

Ahaha, that ending was pretty funny.

tumblr_nqwc0e6DUM1qg7ro1o2_250.gif

Yes, Jisoo, laugh at your friend's suffering…. JK

 

A lot also happened in this chapter… sorry if it seemed so sudden or didn’t flow well… I’m trying my best to get everything moving… I’m trying to get rid of all the drama stuff so everyone can just be happy and have a bunch of fluff and no worries XD so please, bear with me!

 

And sorry for the small delay! I'm actually a giant idiot... *cough*just-like-SooMin-you-probably-could-easily-tell-where-she-gets-it-from*cough*

tumblr_inline_npx51e1Qup1r00vq8_500.gif

I had thought I forgot something and was going to insert a chapter before this one but it turned out I didn't have to do that and I worried about it all day as I procrastinated hardcore! LOL /facepalm

 

Friday, I had to reorganize some book shelves at my old school *volunteer work* and I pulled a muscle like the weak frail loser I am. Who pulls a muscle organizing things?! Me OTL

 

Anyway, it hurts and it hurt a lot sitting at my desk trying to start the ch that I didn't need all day haha... *TOTAL IDIOT* I'm fine, so don't worry but... yeah... really sorry about this unnecessary wait. SO SORRY~!

 

Here’s a y Jeonghan to make up for it! ><

tumblr_npp84u6aLm1s2bu16o1_500.gif

Jeonghan: Don't worry, Author-nim, I got your back! The readers will be distracted by my iness and will totally forget that you messed around all day instead of working on the fic I live in....

 

Author-nim: ... D: I did not mess around! *lies* How can you say that, I thought about you all day! TT^TT

 

Jeonghan: Naturally! You love me too much, not a minute goes by that you DON'T think about me! ;)

 

Author-nim: .... T^T Shut up. *Not pleased*

 

Jeonghan: *chuckles* :D

 

Author-nim: *rolls eyes* Ignore us. Moving on! Hope everyone enjoyed, thanks for reading! ^^

 

tumblr_nra0ybakvK1qfamcoo1_500.gif


Jeonghan: No! Don't ignore me! And don't put MEANIE in front of me, either!

 

Author-nim: *IGNORES and gushes over Meanie instead!* At least those two don't throw me under the bus!

 

tumblr_nq508gR1EN1u7tstao2_r2_400.gif

Jeonghan: ...

 

 

OMG, Jeonghan, just stop! Go away! XD LOL

Jeonghan: NEVER~! >:D