Chapter 34

Jeonghan, I choose you!

 

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

The next morning, Soo Min woke up early, despite returning home late this morning at 2 am and falling asleep about an hour later, she managed to wake up at a decent time. She started breakfast, making enough for Seungcheol and his roommates as well as Jeonghan and his roommates. She was planning to go see him before his shift at the cafe, though she wouldn’t be going with him this time to see his fellow co-workers as she felt like she should visit with the Meanie couple for a bit. It’s been awhile since she hung out with them. Was it bad that she’d rather hang out with them than her own friends that were girls? At least they don’t force her to go shopping.

 

“Thanks for inviting us.” Seungcheol said before they were about to eat.

 

“No problem! You guys are just next door, why not?” She smiled brightly. “Though, be sure to cough up some dough($) before you leave… you ain’t going to eat off of us every time.”

 

“Of course!” He laughed.

 

“Seriously, though… with school starting next month, I thought it’d be nice to have everyone over for breakfast. We could eat together before we all head out, wouldn’t that be nice?” She looked around the table. They all nodded in agreement, really liking that idea.

 

“That’d be fun!” Chan grinned.

 

“I know maybe not everyone can be here on time, but eating together would be good before the younger ones head off to school. Oh…” she suddenly was getting choked up as she the back of Chan’s head. “I’m going to be so sad to see you little ones leaving the nest!”

 

“But you’ll be going to school, too!” Chan smiled.

 

“Maybe if I didn’t skip a year, I could’ve gone with you to high school! That would have been so much fun, right?”

 

“Mom going to school with us? … I’m not sure about that.” Hansol chuckled.

 

“Of course I’d drop the parent act!” She laughed. “Then I’ll patiently wait for you to join us in college!”

 

“That might take awhile for me, noona.” Chan said with a small frown. “I just barely started high school.”

 

“We should be able to attend one semester together at least!” She said positively. “Or! I can help you skip a year!”

 

“Would you really?!” He perked up in his seat.

 

“Then you could go to class with your friends!”

 

“That would be so cool!”

 

“Is it possible?” Seungcheol asked.

 

“I did it.” She nodded. “If I can do it, he can do it too! Just gotta make an effort is all!”

 

“That’d really be interesting to see.” Jisoo mentioned. “Right now Jihoon, Seokmin and Mingyu are third years and will be graduating this spring. Minghao, Seungkwan and Hansol are second years leaving Chan as the only first year.”

 

“Awh~! You’re all by yourself!” Soo Min frowned, hugging Chan from the side.

 

“It’s okay, I meet up with the others at lunch time anyways.”

 

“I was average with my grades at first, but since Jisoo was a year older than me, I really tried to bring up my grades so I could attend the same grade as him. I studied and studied and eventually managed to skip a grade before our high school debut!” it was true, despite her real main reason was to attend the same grade as Ren.

 

“That’s amazing!” Chan said in awe.

 

“It was! Then my parents decided to move and boom!” She laughed. “But still, now I get to go to college with him!”

 

“It still turned out great in the end anyways.” Soonyoung said positively.

 

“Yes, it did.” She nodded before turning back to Chan. “You don’t have to do what I did, Chan. If you have other friends in first year with you, then you should just stay where you are.”

 

“As fun as it sounds to graduate with these guys…” Chan said, motioning to the two that were next to him, Seungkwan was of course not present right now. “I think I’ll stay where I am. I’ll live my high school life to the fullest without skipping a year.”

 

“Agreed, you’re still so young.” She smiled, pinching his cheek.

 

“But I still want good grades!”

 

“Yes! Good grades are very good to have when you graduate! So let’s all work on them!” She looked at the other two at the table. They nodded, giving two thumbs up.

 

“So, what are you going to major in college?” Seungcheol decided to ask. “At the moment, becoming a teacher sounds like your calling.” He smiled.

 

“Does it?!” She asked, surprised. “I was going to major in art.”

 

“Really?” Soonyoung asked, interested. “What kind of art?”

 

“Graphic Design, maybe… but now that you mentioned teacher…” she sat back in her seat, tapping her chin as she thought about it.

 

“You can still go for art, I was just saying you’d probably make a good teacher.” Seungcheol said, taking a sip of his water. “Becoming a teacher could be your backup plan?”

 

“That sounds like a good idea!” She nodded. “Thanks for pointing it out, I would have never thought about it till now.”

 

“You’re welcome… you could also… become a chef?” He added, pointing to the food they were eating.

 

“I’m fine with being your(all of them) personal chef.” She laughed.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

After a little while of eating and chatting, Soo Min then packed up the rest of the food and headed over to Jeonghan’s shared apartment. She wanted Jeonghan to eat the breakfast before leaving. She told Jisoo and the others that she’d be back before or after lunch.

 

When she arrived, Junhui and Mingyu were up, currently debating on what to have for breakfast until she showed up.

 

“Think no further! Pikachu has brought the goods!” She smiled, holding up the large bag of hot food.

 

“You need to start texting us before coming here.” Mingyu chuckled, accepting the heavy bag from her.

 

“What? You don’t like my suprise visits?!” She pouted.

 

“No, it’s just, what if we weren’t here and you stood at the door for an hour like an idiot?”

 

“I always make sure to come when I know people are here!” She laughed. “But, okay, I’ll start texting.” She followed the two into the kitchen to help set the table. “Where are the other two?” She asked, noticing it was quiet.

 

“Still sleeping.” Junhui answered, pulling out some plates.

 

“Still?” She frowned. “I’ll go wake them up!” She took off out of the kitchen. Mingyu hurriedly followed after her, wondering how she was going to do it since she went to wake Won Woo first.

 

“Don’t feed him erted dreams this time.” Mingyu teased at the door.

 

“I won’t!” She laughed before pulling at Won Woo’s blankets. “Wake up, Mr. Won! Time for breakfast!” She shouted.

 

Won Woo groaned, turning away from her and covering his head with his pillow.

 

“Don’t ignore me!” She exclaimed, pulling off his pillow. “Wake up! It’s time to eat! You have to hurry or else we’re going to eat your share!”

 

“Okay, okay! I’m up… stop shouting.” Won Woo sat up at her last comment.

 

Both Mingyu and Soo Min laughed, they supposed that’s how to get a sleeping Won Woo to wake up.

 

“Next up… Jeonghan!”

 

 

Soo Min just stood at Jeonghan’s bedside, staring at the sleeping form before her.

 

“Aren’t you going to wake him?” Won Woo asked, joining Mingyu at the door after using the bathroom.

 

“I will… just a minute.” She replied quietly. “He just looks so peaceful right now.” She smiled, admiring his angelic sleeping face.

 

After a moment, she grabbed one of his pillows from under his head, making his head fall back onto the mattress roughly. Mingyu and Won Woo tried to hide their laughter at her aggressive approach as Jeonghan’s angelic face turned into irritation. He groaned and turned away from Soo Min.

 

“Yah, it’s time to wake up you sleepy angel!” She hit him with the pillow she stole.

 

“Five more minutes.” He mumbled, covering his head from her blows.

 

“The food is getting cold.” Won Woo complained at the door.

 

“You heard him! Get up!” Soo Min continued to hit Jeonghan. None of it was working though. “C’mon!” She started shaking him by the shoulder. “I brought food over, don’t you want to eat it?!”

 

She was ignored again as Jeonghan tried to pull the covers over himself.

 

“No!” She laughed, stopping him. She fell onto him in the processes, a small ‘oof!’ escaping her lips. Jeonghan groaned again at the sudden weight on his side. Opening one eye, he saw Soo Min’s giggling self lying on him as if to annoy him. “Good morning, sunshine!” She reached over, pinching his cheek.

 

He pushed her hand away before grabbing her by the waist to make her fall back onto the bed next to him. She let out an involuntary shriek at the sudden action as he then pulled her close to his chest from behind and pulled the blanket over them. The sound of him laughing and her giggling could be heard from under the blanket.

 

“What are they doing?” Junhui asked in an annoyed tone as he came to see what was taking so long.

 

“Being cute.” Mingyu gushed. “Why can’t we be like that?” He then pouted, giving Won Woo a tight back hug.  Won Woo just sighed, not wanting to comment on that.

 

“Hurry it up! The food is getting cold!” Junhui warned before leaving the room.

 

“Someone’s bitter this morning.” Won Woo held back a laughed. “Let’s go.” He nudged Mingyu, grabbing his hand and heading off back to the kitchen.

 

“I’m so tired.” Jeonghan said in a sleepy voice as his face was resting in the crook of Soo Min’s neck.

 

“You have to wake up sooner or later,” she sighed, holding his hand that was around her waist. “You have work in an hour, I think.” She added.

 

“What time is it?” He mumbled.

 

“Uhm…” she paused. She pulled the blanket off so she could see his alarm on his night stand. “10:28am.”

 

“Plenty of time.” He hummed.

 

“For what?” She asked. She didn’t get a reply and instead heard his breathing even out again. He was asleep.

 

She smiled, remaining in his arms. I guess I can let him sleep for a few more minutes. She thought, watching the clock.

 

When the clock struck 10:30am, she sat up, abruptly waking him.

 

“10:30am! Time to wake up!”

 

“What?” He complained. “I thought I said five more minutes?” He covered his eyes with his arm.

 

“The food is getting cold, your roommates probably already starting eating without you… they’re probably eating your share right now.”

 

“You can always make me more, right?” He gave her a sleepy smile.


“No.” She replied, wanting to see his reaction.

 

“What?” He sat up with a frown.

 

“I’m kidding, I would!” She nudged him.

 

“Are you going to eat or not?!” They could hear Junhui shout from the table.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Thanks for the food, Soo Min.” Junhui said as they were cleaning off the table.

 

“No problem!” She grinned, picking up Jeonghan’s plate.

 

“So you going to leave with Jeonghan to the cafe?” Won Woo asked as he and Mingyu were getting settled on the couch nearby. Said person was currently getting ready to leave.

 

“No, I thought to spend some quality time with my wingman and his man.” She smiled, sitting on the couch with them after Junhui took the empty plates from her.

 

“What about me?” Junhui asked, coming out of the kitchen a moment later.

 

“Don’t you have K-Dramas that need your attention?” She teased.

 

“Yah,” he pouted, “fine, I’ll just go with Jeonghan.”

 

“No one’s stopping you.” She faced forward again, waving her hand in dismissal to him.

 

“Okay, I’m going now.” Jeonghan announced, coming out of his shared room with his bag.

 

“Have fun at work!” Mingyu waved. Won Woo and Soo Min did the same.

 

“You’re not coming with?” Jeonghan frowned as he got near the couch, his words directed to Soo Min.

 

“No, not today.” She shook her head.

 

“Why not?” He started to pout.

 

“I’m gonna spend some time with these guys! That’s why!” She laughed at his expression.

 

“No! Come with me!” He reached down and tried to pull her up off the couch but she clung onto Won Woo in protest.

 

“Wingman! Help me!” Soo Min exclaimed as Jeonghan continued to pull on her playfully. Won Woo just pushed her off the couch, letting Jeonghan succeed. “Why?!” She looked back at him shocked and betrayed.

 

“You may want to spend quality time with us, but I want to spend it with my boyfriend… alone.” Won Woo replied, putting an arm around Mingyu.

 

“So you were just going to kick me out, too?” Junhui complained, it seemed like no one wanted him around these days!

 

“Yes.” Won Woo chuckled. “Everyone’s always around, it’s hard to be alone with each other with you guys around.”

 

“Wow,” Jeonghan stared at his friend, “I forgot, going out on proper dates is a real workout for you.” Soo Min had to hide her laugh when Won Woo looked at him like he was offended by his words. “I’m surprised you manage to go to work every day.”

 

“Whatever!” Won Woo rolled his eyes. “Speaking of work, you should go!”

 

“Fine, we’re leaving.” Jeonghan chuckled, turning to head to the door. Both Soo Min and Junhui followed after him since it was clear Won Woo didn’t want them around.

 

“Make sure the neighbors don’t hear you.” Junhui said as they were walking out of the apartment. The last thing he saw before shutting the door was Won Woo’s death glare and Mingyu laughing next to him.

 

“Junhui!” Jeonghan scolded, covering Soo Min’s ears. “Don’t say stuff like that with Pikachu around!”

 

“What?!” Junhui laughed. “You really believe your Pikachu is that innocent?”

 

“I’d like to believe it, yes! So don’t influence her!” He warned before releasing his hands from her head. They could see her staring up at them with that ‘are you serious?’ face. “What?”

 

“Like I couldn’t hear what you two were saying with your hands over my ears.”

 

“I tried at least!” He chuckled.

 

“And so, what does that mean?” Soo Min turned to Junhui. “Make sure the neighbors don’t hear you… hear what?”

 

“You mean, you didn’t understand that?” Junhui looked at her confused. Surely she should have understood that given her history of being a ert around those two.

 

“No.” She shook her head. “So, did you mean like if they played music too loud? Or were talking too loud?”

 

“It doesn’t matter now, let’s go.” Jeonghan interrupted, separating the two.

 

“But!”
 

“He meant being noisy on the bed.” An older woman commented as she was passing by.

 

“Mrs. Yeo!” Jeonghan frowned.  “Could everyone just stop ruining my Pikachu’s innocence?! Sheesh!” He added, dragging Soo Min away by the hand.

 

“Awww, was that the girl you were talking about the other day?” Mrs. Yeo said to Junhui, cooing.

 

“Yeah, it is.” Junhui nodded.

 

“Hey, ahjumma!” Soo Min called out down the hall. “We’re going to leave without you!”

 

“Ah! I thought she was talking about me!” Mrs. Yeo started to laugh. Junhui frowned… she’d never stop calling him ahjumma, would she?

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“You even have an ahjumma friend?!” Soo Min teased as they were at the cafe now. Jeonghan was currently in the back changing into his uniform with the others.

 

“Shut up.” Junhui pouted. “We run into each other a lot in the hallway since she lives next door. Of course I talk to the neighbors!”

 

“I know.” She giggled, patting him on the shoulder. “I talk to our neighbors a lot!”

 

“Have you even talked to the other neighbors besides Seungcheol and the other two?” He asked curiously.

 

“No… I’ve never run into anyone other than Seungcheol and the others.” She shook her head. “I must have bad timing or something.”

 

“That or the apartments near you are empty.”

 

“That’d be spooky!” She frowned. “Only us in the building…” Her expression fell just thinking about it. Was something wrong with the building they were in that no one else was renting there?

 

“Your neighbors must be quiet or busy, don’t worry about it!” He chuckled, patting her on the back. Just then, Jeonghan and the others returned from the back.

 

“Hey guys!” Soo Min greeted.

 

“It’s good to see you, Soo Min!” Seokmin smiled like always.

 

“You came to see us!” Seungkwan smiled.

 

“Yes! I did!” She smiled brightly.

 

“Despite she wanted to stay with her wingman and his boyfriend.” Junhui snickered. He got a good elbow to his side by Soo Min.

 

“She’s their fangirl, of course she would!” Jihoon laughed.

 

“Well, sorry we cann’t sit and chat, we have jobs to do.” Seungkwan sighed as new customers entered the cafe.

 

“That’s okay!” She assured him. “We can chat later?”

 

“Sure, that sounds like a plan. We can go to Pledis Pizza, you know… so Jeonghan doesn’t get jealous if we took you anywhere else where he can't supervise.” Seokmin joked.

 

“Thanks, it’s appreciated.” Jeonghan said sarcastically before stepping around the counter to help a customer. He mentioned he’d be right back to Soo Min.

 

“We should go, too.” Jihoon said as more customers started to pile in. It was lunch hour, so of course there was going to be more customers at this time.

 

“Go ahead, make that money!” She cheered.

 

“Thanks, noona!” Seungkwan laughed, following Jihoon along with Seokmin.

 

“I need the restroom, I’ll be right back.” Junhui said while getting up from his seat. She gave him a nod before pulling out her phone to browse on while she waited for company again. She knew Jeonghan would return to her as quickly as possible, but she wondered if she should leave when Junhui get’s back. She didn’t want to distract him while he’s at work!

 

Just then, someone sat in the spot Junhui was sitting on, gaining Soo Min’s attention. She looked over and saw someone she didn’t expect to see.

 

“No one’s at the counter?” Mi Young asked, looking around before looking to Soo Min for an answer.

 

“Oh, uh…” Soo Min snapped out of it. “They’re tending to customers, someone should be back soon.”

 

“Okay, thanks.” Mi Young smiled before pulling out her phone to reply to a text she happened to get.

 

Soo Min felt incredibly uncomfortable right now… sitting next to Jeonghan’s ex. She wanted to leave, but thought it’d be rude to just suddenly get up. She doesn’t know me, of course she wouldn’t be offended if I got up and left right now, right?

 

“Jeonghan?” Mi Young speaking his name brought her back to reality. Almost immediately, worry overcame her entire being as she saw Jeonghan return behind the counter, a look of shock yet dejection on his face.

 

“Mi Young?” He asked back.


Chapter thirty-four!

 

DUN DUNNN DUNNNNNN~!

tcZvPPQPZIfY36IpYcwxRYTHuayF2IWiwPk4Yu-F

Lol XD Finally, another update!

a8KQnNj0FRRl66PD7g3OIgAjA5mqC4UldgUXAvYS

I’m trying to fix my sleep schedule, so I’m gonna try to write more after posting this chapter! Wish me luck! Haha *FALLS ASLEEP DURING NEXT CHAPTER*

x1R8knoBvYu3CnfjlTl9zym5LS3hoYH3XSIBBzK3

LOL