Chapter 24

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Pikachu…?” A soft voice called.

Soo Min could recognize that voice and it brought a smile to her sleeping face.

“Pikachu, wake up… it’s time to wake up.” The voice continued.

“Just… five more… minutes.” She mumbled tiredly.

“Five minutes isn’t enough, I’m sorry.”

“Huh?” Her face scrunched up in confusion as she was slowly becoming more alert.

“Stop being so gentle with her.” Jisoo’s voice interjected. “Wake up already, Soo Min. We have to go!”

She finally opened her eyes and was met with Jisoo’s impatient face and a surprise visitor… Jeonghan!

“What’s going on?!” She sat up quickly, staring at Jeonghan who was only grinning at her.

“Finally, you’re awake!” He beamed.

“Hurry up and get dressed, we’re leaving in 10 minutes.” Jisoo added on, taking Jeonghan by the collar. “You can’t stay in here while she’s changing, James.” Jeonghan pouted as he was dragged away, leaving Soo Min sitting on her bed in confusion. What was going on? Why was Jeonghan here? What time was it, anyway?

She looked at her phone, 11:23am. I slept in?!

Getting out of bed, she quickly got changed then headed to the bathroom to freshen up before meeting Jisoo and Jeonghan in the living room. She didn’t see Hansol or Minghao around and assumed they were still sleeping in just like her.

“What’s up?” She asked heading over to the couch her two friends were seated on.

“Good morning, Soo Min.” Jeonghan smiled his famous cheery smile.

“Morning.” She couldn’t help but return that smile. “What are you doing here?”

“Do I need a reason to be here?” His smile faltered. “Of course I wanted to see you.”

“He’s here to babysit the kids.” Jisoo chuckled.

“Babysit?” She asked, the confused look returning to her face.

“Apparently you two were invited to a party without me.” Jeonghan pouted.

“Party?” She looked to Jisoo for an answer.

“Yeah… a party.” Jisoo nodded, sounding a bit suspicious. She noticed the scolding look on Jeonghan’s face.

“That’s all you’re going to say?” He muttered towards him, giving the look to him. ‘Tell her the truth.’

Only then did it dawn on her what today was… and why Min Hee, Sun Hee and Ji-Hye were at Pledis Pizza last night. It was Baekho’s birthday, Sun Hee’s boyfriend’s birthday… naturally she and Jisoo were invited.

“Ah… it’s okay.” She spoke up, assuring Jeonghan she would be okay.

“Are you sure?” He frowned, wanting to believe that she wouldn’t end up in tears again tonight. She’d be facing both her sister and Ren today, along with Aron and Ji Ah… the four she’s bumped heads with this past weekend.

“I hope.” She gave a weak smile. “It’s Baekho’s birthday… I’m hoping everything goes smoothly for the sake of the pure and innocent white tiger.”

“Right, I don’t really think today’s a good day to be letting stuff get in the way… it’s his birthday.” Jisoo nodded, also hoping things would go well.

“They reserved half of Pledis Pizza for tonight at 6pm. I’ll be there since that’s when my shift starts.”

“Good. Then things will be alright.” She smiled, relieved.

“So we’re okay?” Jisoo asked. “If you really don’t want to go, we can just say you’re sick…”

“No, I’ll be okay, don’t worry.” She shook her head. “Let’s go.”

“Alright, they said we’d spend a couple of hours at Lotte World, then we’d go to his house to open presents. Once that’s done, it should be around time to go to Pledis Pizza.” Jisoo explained as they headed to the front door.

“Okay.” Soo Min nodded, understanding how the day was going to go. Part of her was excited to go to Lotte World, but at the same time… she didn’t want to go for obvious reasons. You’re going to have to get over it, Soo Min. Don’t let it get to you, again!

Before she could exit the apartment, she told Jisoo to wait for her at the building entrance… she wanted to talk to Jeonghan real quick before they left. He smiled, nodding and headed out without her for now.

“What’s up?” Jeonghan asked, a smile growing on his face. “You want me to kiss you again?”

“Eh~!” She frowned, hitting him with a small laugh. “Don’t tease me like that!”

“Sorry.” He chuckled quietly.

“I’m…” she started to say, “I’m going to try and avoid them as much as possible without it being too noticeable. Like Jisoo said, this really isn’t the day to be facing them. It’s our friend’s birthday, he doesn’t deserve to hear drama is going on with his friends. So for today… I’m going to avoid causing drama.” She explained, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. “I know avoiding shouldn’t be the answer… but that’s just how it is for today.”

“I understand.” He rested his hand atop her head in a comforting manner. “Should anything happen though… I’ll be there.” He smiled brightly to her.

She surprised him by wrapping her arms around his middle and hugged him tight.

“Thanks, Jeonghan.” She said with a happier tone.

“No problem.” He grinned, returning her hug. When she parted, he kissed her on the forehead. She instantly blushed, looking down.

“Uh… if you… if you want…” She started to say, shy like before.

“Do you like it when I kiss you?” He had to ask… this would be the second time she’d hint at him kissing her.

“Eh~! What? What are you talking about?!” Her face was turning red again before she looked up at him. “M-Maybe…”

“If that’s what you want, I’ll gladly kiss you anytime you’d like.” He beamed, pulling her closer towards him. The blush never left her face and she averted her eyes quickly, naturally getting nervous!

He hooked his finger under her chin to make her look up again and locked his lips with hers in a kiss.

“Really?!” Suddenly they heard someone exclaim across the hall. “This is the first thing I have to see in the morning?! Life is so cruel, I swear!” Seungcheol said dramatically.

“Do you have to shout?!” Jeonghan glared at him for ruining the moment.

“Uh~! Good morning… neighbor.” Soo Min said embarrassed as she stepped out of the apartment, greeting him.

“Morning, Soo.” He chuckled. “I didn’t mean to ruin the moment, really… I’m sorry.” He apologized. But he was so shocked to open his door to see the two kiss!

“It’s okay.” She said quietly… she was so embarrassed right now! “I, uh… have to go. Later!” She squeaked out before running off down the hall.

“Wow.” Seungcheol looked to the irritated Jeonghan with an impressed expression on his own face. “Leveled up to kissing now, huh?”

“Don’t talk to me.” Jeonghan turned to head back inside Jisoo’s apartment.

“Hey~! Don’t be so cold! I said I was sorry!” Seungcheol laughed just as Chan came to the door to see what was going on.

“Mom?!” Chan smiled, seeing Jeonghan about to close the door. He noticed him and opened it up again.

“Good morning, Channie.” He smiled, beckoning him over to his side of the hall way. “Want to have lunch with me?”

“Sure!” Chan ran over to his mom’s(friend’s) side. “Oh! But what about dad and Soonyoung?”

“They can have their instant ramen!” Jeonghan beamed. “Don’t worry about them.” He patted the smaller boy on the shoulder, bringing him in and shut the door leaving Seungcheol standing in the hall looking offended.

“That guy, I swear…” Seungcheol snickered before returning back to his own apartment.

“Hey,” Soonyoung said at the kitchen with a small yawn, “What’s for lunch?”

“Ramen.” Seungcheol replied, a bitter tone in his voice.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Glad you two could make it!” Nari greeted both Jisoo and Soo Min as they met up with her and the others at the gates of Lotte World.

“How could we miss the white tiger’s birthday?” Soo Min forced out a laugh.

“It’d be a crime!” Nari laughed, not noticing anything out of the ordinary with her younger friend.

She brought them over to the rest of the group.

“I’m so happy you two could make it!” Baekho beamed. “Let’s have a lot of fun today!” He said excitedly, obviously eager to get on some rides already.

With that, they all started to head in after buying the necessary passes to use for the next couple of hours. The lines were long, so it was no wonder they came so early.

Once they obtained their passes, Sun Hee told everyone to go have fun but to meet back in the designated meeting spot in the next two hours for a small break. The moment she was done speaking, everyone literally took off running, everyone besides Soo Min, Jisoo, Min Hee and Ren.

The two pairs quietly stood there near each other. It was obvious Min Hee wanted to talk with her sister… but was holding back. She too didn’t want to ruin Baekho’s birthday if any drama were to occur from speaking with Soo Min.

“Min Hee…” Soo Min surprised the other three when she said her sister’s name.

“Yes?” Her sister replied back quickly.

“I’m sorry for knocking you down on Saturday… I didn’t mean to.”

“It’s okay.” She assured her with a soft smile.

“Uh…” Soo Min frowned, realizing she can’t just suddenly walk away now, that’d be rude. “Let’s… talk on Saturday. At mom and dad’s place… sound good?”

“Sure. Sounds good.” Min Hee nodded, looking relieved. At least they were going to talk about it soon.

“Okay… then… yeah.” Soo Min said awkwardly before giving a small wave and turned to leave. Jisoo chuckled quietly before facing the other two.

“She’s trying… just know that.”

“Of course… I understand.” Min Hee assured him. “Take care of her till then, please.”

“I will, don’t worry.” He nodded, giving a small wave to the both of them before following after Soo Min.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Oh? Hyung? What are you doing here?” Minghao asked with a smile as he came out of Hansol’s room after just waking up, finally. Hansol bumped into him as he was walking half asleep to get to the bathroom.

“Morning kids~!” Jeonghan beamed, looking over from the couch, Chan sitting besides him as they were watching TV.

“Don’t you have work?” Minghao worried.

“I took the day off at Pledis Cafe since your parents needed me to babysit.”

“We don’t need a babysitter!” Hansol frowned.

“You don’t, but for the sake of Momma Soo, you do.” Jeonghan chuckled.

“Right.” Both Minghao and Hansol smiled. “It’s nice that she cares so much…” Hansol commented.

“You don’t find a lot of people like that these days. Consider yourselves lucky.” Jeonghan nodded. “By the way~! Jisoo left some lunch for us to eat. Channie and I were waiting for you two to wake up so we can eat together.”

“I need the bathroom first.” Hansol raised his hand.

“Well, hurry it up.” Jeonghan laughed, getting up to prepare it for them. All he needed to do was heat it up.

After he heated the food up from the fridge, he started to notice there was a lot, more than four servings and it suddenly dawned on him… His phone buzzed in his pocket.

 

Jisoo: Forgot to mention that I made enough for the three next door. Be sure to let them know!

 

“Hyung?” Minghao asked as he came to see if he needed help, being the cute little helper he was, always helping Soo Min and Jisoo in the kitchen.

“Chan!” Jeonghan called from the kitchen with a slight irritated look. He noticed Minghao looking worried and assured him everything was fine. They heard rushed footsteps come straight for the kitchen.

“Yes?!” He asked from the kitchen entrance.

“Go get your dad and Soonyoung.” He said reluctantly.

“Okay?” He nodded, but was curious on why?

“How could Jisoo do this to me? Forcing me to eat with my ex!” He sighed like a girl in distress.

Both Minghao and Chan laughed, getting it now.

Chan hurried on over across the hall to get his two older roommates.

“Dad!” Chan said from the doorway.

“What?” Seungcheol poked his head out from the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” He asked, coming over.

“Making more ramen, why?” The older boy pouted, returning to the boiling water.

“Turn that off and come over to Jisoo’s.” Chan reached over and turned the burner off. “Hyung made extra food for you and Soonyoung, too.”

“He did?” Seungcheol smiled, at least someone cared about him! Even if it was Jeonghan’s second husband.

“Let’s go!” Chan smiled, pulling on his arm to follow him. “Hyung!” He called over to Soonyoung on the couch. “Let’s go eat!” He pointed to the door.

“What’s going on?” Soonyoung asked, looking up from his phone to see Chan pulling Seungcheol to the door.

“Food! Get up! Let’s go!” Seungcheol ushered him to follow. Soonyoung was out of his seat in two seconds!

The three entered Jisoo’s apartment and headed to the table where Jeonghan finished setting down everyone’s servings with a little help from Minghao.

“Ah, everything looks so delicious.” Seungcheol grinned taking his seat next to Jeonghan. It was the only seat since Soonyoung and Chan took the seats in between Hansol and Minghao, leaving the seat next to Jeonghan open.

“Channie, didn’t you want to sit with me?” Jeonghan pouted.

“Oh! Sorry mom!” He frowned, looking to Hansol who said it was okay if he traded spots with Seungcheol.

“That’s okay, son, go ahead and eat with your friends.” Seungcheol assured Chan.

“Soo Min’s not even here and they’re still carrying on the joke?” Soonyoung laughed quietly.

Jeonghan just glared at Seungcheol before ignoring him and proceeded to eat his food.

“Are you still mad about earlier?” Seungcheol frowned. Jeonghan didn’t reply to him. “I said I was sorry!”

“What happened earlier?” Hansol asked, curious.

“Oh, well, when I opened the door, I saw Soo Min and him kis-” Seungcheol was silenced when Jeonghan shoved a spoonful of his rice into his mouth.

The other four held back their laughter as Jeonghan proceeded to eat after stealing Seungcheol’s spoon since his own was shoved into the blabber boy’s mouth.

“Where is Soo Min, and Jisoo?” Soonyoung asked.

“They were invited to an old friend’s birthday party.” Jeonghan answered.

“Lucky!” Chan pouted, he loved going to birthday parties, eating cake was his favorite part.

“You know, it’s my birthday next month.” Seungcheol smiled.

“No one cares.” Jeonghan said bitterly. Man did he know how to hold a grudge!

“Don’t worry dad, I’m still excited for your birthday!” Chan beamed.

“Thanks, son.” He smiled weakly, obviously this was all just a show.

Once they were all done with their lunch, Hansol suggested they could watch a movie to pass the time. Before Seungcheol and Soonyoung could take a seat on one of the couches, Jeonghan shook his head telling them no.

“You can go home.” He said, making a shooing motion at them.

“C’mon hyung, don’t be so harsh.” Hansol laughed.

“What if they ruin the movie.” Jeonghan said, eyes directed at Seungcheol.

“I promise to keep my mouth shut!” He said in defense.

“One word out of you and you’re out, got it?”

“Your mom is ruthless...” Minghao said quietly to Chan, amused.

“Right!” Chan chuckled. This was probably more entertaining than the movie they were about to watch!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It had been a few hours since Jisoo and Soo Min came to Lotte World to celebrate their friend Baekho’s birthday. They ran into the birthday boy a few times and rode a few rides together, having nothing but fun and soon it came time to leave and head back to his home to open presents.

Opening presents went rather fast since it was only a small group of friends celebrating with him today. Other family and friends weren’t in Seoul at the moment, and there’d be another celebration for his birthday later this weekend with those people. Jisoo and Soo Min were offered to come again but was assured they didn’t have to if they were busy.

Everyone took turns giving Baekho his presents. After a short time, it was Jisoo and Soo Min’s turn. Since it totally slipped her mind, Jisoo took the liberty to get a present that was from the both of them.

“Here you go, ninja!” Soo Min handed over the small present.

“Thanks you two!” He smiled, accepting the box from her. When he opened it up, there were two fancy ninja stars with the words White Tiger engraved on it. Baekho looked surprised as well as Soo Min.

“How much did that cost?!” She muttered quietly to him.

“Not much...” Jisoo hesitated with his words. “Can I borrow some money after this, honey?”

She nudged him with scolding look before returning her attention to Bakeho who thanked them, pulling both of them into a big hug.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“I should go, my shift will be starting soon.” Jeonghan said as he got up from the couch.

“Aw, already?” Chan frowned.

“Yeah, sorry Channie.” He patted his son(friend) on the head. “I might come by later when my shift is over, though.”

“Really?!” His frown faded back into a smile.

“We’ll just have to see.” He chuckled with a small nod. He was so cute! His little face lighting up so quick.

“What about the kids?” Soonyoung asked, curious it’d be okay if they left soon.

“I really don’t think it’d matter if you stayed. These boys are fine on their own... though...”

“I’ll stay and watch them.” Seungcheol offered. “That should put Momma Soo’s mind at ease, shouldn’t it?”

“Yeah, sure... fine.” Jeonghan said flatly before turning back to the younger kids(friends). “I’ll get going now, see ya.” He waved.

“Bye~! Get there safely!” Chan waved after him.

Then Jeonghan was gone.

“Why does your mother hate me so much?” Seungcheol sighed, honestly curious if maybe anyone knew.

“Who knows?” Chan shrugged.

“So he’s just picking on me for no reason?!”

“ to be you.” Hansol teased.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Everyone didn’t leave from Baekho’s house together. Some went home real quick to change clothes.

“I’ll never understand girls...” Soo Min sighed as she and Jisoo were walking to Pledis Pizza together, saying they would head there first when they left Baekho’s house.

“Yet you are a girl.” Jisoo chuckled.

“Why do they need to change clothes? Wasn’t what they were wearing just fine?” She asked, not understanding when Min Hee and her friends said they wanted to go home and change clothes before heading over to Pledis Pizza.

“I wouldn’t know either... maybe they just want to look good while they’re out?”

“I’m going to laugh if they show up in fancy prom dresses and sparkling earrings.” She commented as they finally arrived to their destination.

“Pikachu~!” Won Woo greeted at the door as he was on his way out for a delivery.

“Hey, Hot Wing!” She winked with a wave.

“Don’t wink at me, wink at Hot Jeonghan!” He laughed, nudging her out of the way. “I gotta go!”

“Be careful out there!” She called after him. He raised his hand, letting her know he heard her as he walked up to his scooter.

“You two sure are close?” Jisoo said, a hint of jealousy in his tone.

“It’s only expected when your best friend has been ditching you all weekend... of course I’m gonna go and get another best friend since mine doesn’t appreciate me anymore!” She faked tears.

“Whatever.” Jisoo rolled his eyes with a laugh as they walked up to the counter to greet Jeonghan and Mingyu.

“Where is everyone?” Mingyu asked, looking confused. It was already 6pm... shouldn’t they be here by now?

“All the girls went home to change clothes for no reason, they’ll be here shortly.” Soo Min explained. “Jisoo and I just decided to come and wait for them.”

“How was it? Did you have fun?” Jeonghan decided to ask. He had been worrying about her all day.

“I had fun.” She nodded with a small smile. “Everything’s okay.”

“Good.” He smiled, looking relieved.

“Still have a few more hours to go... hopefully it all goes well from here on out.” She added, looking a tad worried. She was hoping she wouldn’t get seated with her sister and Ren.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“I jinxed it.” Soo Min muttered under her breath as she was seated at Min Hee and Ren’s table with Jisoo.

“Are we allowed to make small talk?” Min Hee asked cautiously towards her sister.

“Sure.” Soo Min nodded, figuring as long as they just talked about other things instead of their issues.

“How’s it been, living with Jisoo?” She asked.

“Fine.” Her sister simply replied.

“She gets along with my roommates really well.” Jisoo added on.

“That’s good to hear.” Min Hee smiled, happy to know she’s been doing okay.

It got quiet... and the silence was starting to turn awkward.

“Uh, I think I’ll go use the restroom real quick.” Min Hee excused herself.

Once she left the table, that left Ren with Soo Min and Jisoo. More awkward silence filled their table as they all just sat there, not sure of what to say.

“Uh...” Ren mumbled out.

“I’m sorry.” Soo Min looked over to him. “About what happened on Saturday. I’m sorry... can we just forget about it and move on?” She managed to say. She had to admit, it was still a little hard to face him, but she was glad it wasn’t affecting her as much as it did before. I was in love with you... now I’m in love with someone else now...

“Okay.” Ren nodded.

“I’ll be talking with Min Hee this Saturday... and so I hope then all this drama will be gone for good.”

He nodded again, understanding her words.

“In the mean time, if you’re all worried about about me, you don’t have to be. I’m in good hands.” She said, putting an arm around Jisoo’s shoulder.

“Ah... is he... your boyfriend?” Ren asked, honestly curious.

“No~!” She almost shouted, startling him and causing Jisoo to laugh.

“I’ll pretend I’m not offended.” Jisoo said between his laughter.

“Sorry!” She apologized for starting Ren then elbowed Jisoo for his comment. “I don’t have a boyfriend right now.” She clarified. “But if I did, it’s not him!”

“Yeah, it’s not me... it’ll be my best friend.” Jisoo confirmed.

“And that would be?” Ren asked, of course being Min Hee’s boyfriend, he was also looking out for her little sister.

“Jeonghan, over there.” Jisoo pointed towards the register.

Jeonghan was busy tending to a customer at the moment to notice them.

“Oh, him.” Ren smiled. “He seems like a nice guy.”

“He is.” Soo Min nodded.

“That’s good.” He gave a thumbs up. “Good luck.”

“Thanks.” Just now, Soo Min felt great. She was dreading over facing her former crush... but after basically saying she’d soon be dating Jeonghan and how Ren showed his support... things were going to be easier now. I’ve completely let go now.

“They’ve been on two dates so far.” Jisoo blurted out.

“Are you seriously going to tell him everything?!” Soo Min frowned, making the two laugh.

Ren’s laughter died down as he noticed Min Hee hadn’t returned to the table yet. “Don’t you think Min Hee’s taking too long?”

“Yeah, I thought she’d be back by now.” Jisoo looked towards the back where the bathrooms were.

“I’ll go check on her?” She offered, getting up to head back there.

When she entered the bathroom, it was quiet.

“Min Hee?” She asked.

“Soo Min! Is that you?!” She heard her sister exclaim from inside.

“Yeah, it’s me. Are you okay in here?” She asked, stepping in. Then she saw it... the still not fixed jammed stall was closed.

“I’m stuck!” Min Hee complained.

Soo Min brought the palm of her hand to her forehead. Really?


Chapter twenty-four!

 

Jisoo: THAT DAMN STALL SEEMS LIKE IT WILL NEVER BE FIXED!

tumblr_nqsamubufl1rghadoo5_r4_400.gif

LOL XD

 

It took me all day to write this chapter.... I got stuck here and there, you probably could tell DX but I at least finished it. I’m hoping the next few chapters will be easier...

 

And so now, let’s take a moment to sympathize for Seungcheol

tumblr_nrpvu2yRXR1snay56o1_540.gif

Poor guy getting picked on ruthlessly by his ex wife.

tumblr_nrsgmhAdGM1uxifk5o1_400.gif

Jeonghan: I don’t want to make no damn promise with you!

 

Author-nim: Poor Seungcheol... D:

tumblr_nrb3f0SUNz1upudvlo4_250.gif

Jeonghan: Whatever! He’s fine! He’ll live! Sheesh~!

 

Author-nim: ... >.> Okay, Mr. King-of-holding-grudges.

 

MOVING ON!

tumblr_nq508gR1EN1u7tstao2_r2_400.gif

Jeonghan: ...

 

Author-nim: *IGNORES*

 

Hope everyone enjoyed~! Thanks for reading! ^^

 

Also...

Happy Birthday, Baekho~! >____<

(It's July 21st in Korea right now~!)

 

tumblr_mcp6gvfGzs1r34cxx.gif