Chapter 7

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Wow Soo, I had no idea you had a boyfriend!” Bo-Young teased as Soo Min was walking her home with Ae-Cha.

“He’s not my boyfriend!” Soo Min frowned as Ae-Cha was swinging their conjoined hands up and down.

“Right, he’s just your Squirtle.” Bo-Young grinned, her tone nonchalant.

“Yah! He’s the one who gives me water so… Squirtle!”

“Calm down! Sheesh!” Bo-Young patted her on the shoulder. “Though, he seemed really happy after you said that.”

“Of course he’s happy! He likes me!”

“No way! Really? Then why aren’t you two together yet?!”

“I just met him two days ago! Isn’t that going a little too fast?”

“There’s no such thing as time when you’re in love!” Bo-Young grinned, thinking back on the guy she just met at the cafe.

Soo Min sighed as they were nearing Bo-Young’s house. Ae-Cha was too distracted by her surroundings to be apart of the conversation at the moment.

“I don’t know… I’m still hung up on… you know who. I ran into my sister last night at Pledis Pizza. He was there with her. After seeing him again… my heart refuses to let go.”

“I’m sorry.” Bo-Young frowned, she knew the feeling.

“When I told Jeonghan about it, he so boldly told me to move on, and to move on with him.”

“Whoa! That guy has some serious guts!”

“I know! I never had a guy flirt with me and make moves like that before. I’m just at a lost of what to do when he does it, and he seems like he won’t stop any time soon either. His target has been located and locked onto… that target is me.”

“Why am I jealous of you right now?” Bo-Young chuckled. She wanted someone to chase after her too! But it seemed like the guy she met, Jisoo, wasn’t the bold type.

“Don’t be, I’m such a mess!” Soo Min pouted.

“It’ll be fine. Trust me. Things will just fall into place like they should and you’ll be happy in the end.” She brought her friend into a side hug.

“Thanks, Bo-Young.”

“No problem! And so if you wouldn’t mind… giving your Honey my number?”

“Eh?!”

“Which Honey do you think I’m talking about?” Bo-Young laughed at her expression.

“I don’t have two! I don’t even have one! It was just a joke!”

“Your friend, Jisoo!”

“Oh! … You?” Soo Min gasped a little.

“He noticed me first! I was disappointed that he didn’t ask for my number or anything. After observing him, I see he isn’t as bold as your Squirtle. So I’ll be the bold one.” Bo-Young smiled brightly. She almost resembled Jeonghan for a second there.

“Wow.” Soo Min chuckled. “Okay, but wouldn’t it be better if you gave him your number instead? If you want to be the bold one, you should do it?”

“True… I didn’t think about that.” Bo-Young brought her palm to her forehead. “Then… how else am I supposed to give it to him?”

“How about we all go for pizza tomorrow night? You can give it to him then?”

“Sounds like a plan!” Bo-Young smiled excitedly. “Just text me what time tomorrow!”

"Alright. Go ahead and go inside. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Get home safely, Pikachu! Make sure you take Ae-Cha home, too!”

“Of course! Later!” Soo MIn waved back. With a sigh, she looked down slightly to her smaller friend. “You’ve gotten taller, Ae-Cha!” She smiled brightly, pulling her into a tight hug.

“I’ve been drinking a ton of milk!”

“Ah, such a good child you are…” Soo Min patted her on the head.

“You’re doing it again.” Ae-Cha chuckled. “You’re treating me like a kid when I’m only three months younger than you.”

I can’t help it! You’re just too adorable! Please never grow up!” Soo Min cooed, squishing Ae-Cha’s face between her hands.

“It’s too late for that!” Ae-Cha giggled, pulling away. “We’ll be 19 this year!”

“Already? Where does time go?!” Soo Min frowned. The two laughed before Soo Min took hold of her friend’s hand again. “I’ll walk you home, too!”

“Yay!”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Go home, Jeonghan.” The manager at Pledis Cafe told Jeonghan at the counter.

“Excuse me?” He asked, confused why he was being told this so suddenly.

“You’re a hard working guy, I can clearly see that since you haven’t taken a single day off since you started working here.”

“I don’t need a day off. I’m perfectly fine, sir.”

“You say this now, but I don’t want to regret letting you work yourself too hard. So take off early today. Don’t come into work tomorrow either.” The manager patted him on the shoulder.

“Alright, I understand. Thank you.” Jeonghan knew he shouldn’t argue with him. He had to laugh to himself at the thought. Who’d really argue to their manager about taking off work?

Once he grabbed his things, he was stopped by his friends.

“Finally, workaholic Jeonghan is taking a break.” Jihoon smiled from his spot. “Kinda sad that the manager had to make you take off.”

“There’s nothing sad about it. I’ll be back on Friday.” Jeonghan only smiled.

“He should make him take the rest of the week off instead.” Seungkwan shook his head.

“You guys aren’t going to miss me at all?” Jeonghan frowned, pouting at how they wanted him off work so badly.

“You’re only taking a day off tomorrow. We’ll be fine without you.” Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“I’ll miss you!” Seokmin said with a small frown.

“Thanks, I know who my true friends are now.” Jeonghan joked.

“Whatever!” Jihoon laughed. “Go home!”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Where’s Soo Min?” Hansol asked when he noticed the time. It had been about two hours since they last saw her at the Cafe. She told them she was walking her friend home and would return to them after.

“I don’t know.” Jisoo shrugged. “Maybe she decided to stay and talk some more with her friends.”

“Do you think she’ll be back in time for dinner?”

“I would hope so.”

“Can you text her?”

“Just let her be, Hansol.” Jisoo chuckled. “She’ll let us know if she can’t make it back before dinner, so be patient.”

Hansol pouted as he faced the TV again, crossing his arms like a little kid.

“You’re such a kid.” Jisoo shook his head.

“Excuse me? I am a kid!” Hansol chuckled.

Jisoo laughed because it was the truth! He was three years younger, only at 17.

The only reason why him and Minghao were staying with Jisoo was because his apartment is closer to their high school. Their parents trusted the older boy with them since they were also hardworking parents who unfortunately didn’t have time to look after them when it came to school, making sure they went to school, homework, ect. Some would see it as them dumping their children on Jisoo but he honestly didn’t mind it and was happy to help. Of course it went without saying that if the boys ever had a parent teacher conference, their parents would be the ones attending, not Jisoo.

Thinking about it again, he had to laugh at the ongoing joke at his apartment. It did feel like he and Soo Min were raising kids. Then the thought of her friend Bo-Young came to mind.

“We have to stop this joke.” Jisoo said suddenly.

“What joke?”

“I am no longer your father, kids…”

“What?!” Both Minghao and Hansol looked at him like he had just gave them terrible news.

“To be honest… I was never your father… your real father is…” The two leaned forward to hear the rest of his sentence. “Jeonghan!”

“I knew it!” Hansol fell back in his seat. “He showed no mercy waking me up this morning!”

The three laughed at their joking for a few seconds

“I'm kidding about Jeonghan being your dad. Jisoo said before his face went serious again. Though, really.. no more joking.”

“Why this all of a sudden? You looked like you enjoyed joking with Soo Min.”

“I did, but things have changed.”

“Oh, I get it! It’s because of that Bo-Young girl, isn’t it?”

“There’s really no particular reaso- yes.” Jisoo admitted when his roommates gave him the look. That look ‘we know that’s not the case’.

“Figures.” Hansol chuckled. “Okay, we’ll stop.”

“Thanks, but you’re still kids… still might address you that way until you catch up to us in the adult world.”

“Which shouldn’t be long.”

“Oh! Kids, they grow up so fast!” Jisoo faked a tear.

“I can tell it’ll be hard for you to stop joking.” Hansol raised a brow.

Jisoo sighed, bringing his palm to his forehead. Whenever he and Soo Min were together, they’d joke around a lot, it was just something they did without fail… like it was natural. This would be a challenge, then.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Soo Min was at the crosswalk with Ae-Cha waiting for the signal to cross. She was going to cross and part ways with her friend on the other side since her house was a block from where they currently were. Since she felt like she spent too much time away from Jisoo and the other’s she figured she didn’t really have to walk Ae-Cha to her front door. They’d be seeing each other again tomorrow night anyways.

By now, all the walking had started to tire her out, this was the first time she had walked around the city so much. Both her and Ae-Cha stood there, still waiting for the signal to come on. Maybe I’ll take a nap whenever I get home? She was thinking to herself before she felt someone tap her on the shoulder.

She tensed up a bit, worried about who it could be since she’s had a bad habit of running into people lately. Slowly, she looked over her shoulder to see Jeonghan’s smiling face.

“What are you doing? Don’t you still have work?” She asked, turning to him.

“I took off early.” He answered before looking down and greeting Ae-Cha who waved back happily.

“What? Why? You’re not feeling sick are you?” Soo Min worried, reaching up placing the back of her hand to his forehead to check if he had a fever. “I’d totally understand, two jobs in the summer heat is impossible!”

“And if I’m sick, will you take care of me?” He grinned.

“No, you have a Chansey at home to take care of you.” She pulled her hand back quickly.

“I’d rather have a Pikachu take care of me!” He brought her hand to his cheek. “If my heart were to flatline, you could shock it back to life.”

“Oh my goodness, how adorable!” Ae-Cha whispered to herself as she watched her older friend get hit on by the good looking server from earlier.

“Then you should go to a hospital!” Soo Min protested.

“I’m not sick.” He chuckled, letting go of her hand. “I haven’t had a day off since I started working, my manager suggested I take off early when he noticed.”

“So you are a workaholic!” She frowned. “Try not to overwork yourself. Especially in this summer heat!”

“Yes, I understand.” He nodded, finding her worrying over him quite cute.

“Does this mean you’re taking off work from Pledis Pizza, too?”

“Just the Cafe.” He shook his head.

“Then you should go home and rest up before your shift!” She stepped aside to let him through.

“Thanks.” He nodded. “Though… I am hungry.”

“Then eat when you get home.”

“I don’t feel like going home just yet.” He turned to her. “Why don’t you come eat with me?” He grabbed her hand. “Let’s go have lunch together. Just you and me.”

“Sorry! I have to drop Ae-Cha off at home!”  Soo Min held up her conjoined hands with Ae-Cha to make a point.

“That’s ok-” Ae-Cha was saying but Soo Min cut her off.

“I can wait.” Jeonghan smiled.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Have you ever been on a date before?” Jeonghan asked as he watched Soo Min staring down at the table, looking incredibly nervous.

“No.” She squeaked out.

“So if this had been a date, I'd be your first?!” He said with a surprised look. A big smile following after it.

“Y-Yes.” She stuttered out. “I only know how to crush on guys I can’t have.” There was a hint of dejection in her voice.

“Then crush on me!” He said happily. “You most definitely can have me!”

“You’re so blunt!” She dared to look up at him. “It’s so difficult, I don’t know how to react!”

“Blushing so cutely like that is one way.” He pointed out. “Your cheeks are as red as Pikachu’s!”

Instantly, she covered her face with her hands, completely embarrassed! Why was he so good at making her blush?!

“Can this be a date?” He asked, surprising her.

“Why?! And why are you asking?!” She blushed harder.

“It’s apparent I like you… but I don’t want to force you to do things you don’t want to do, like going on a date with me.” He explained with a soft smile. “I’m sorry…”

“You’ve done nothing wrong!” She frowned. “It’s me who’s just awkward and shy..” Her eyes returned to the spot she was staring at earlier. “And it’s me who’s hung up on a first crush who’s dating my sister… it’s all me… not you.”

“Then…” he said quietly, “what should I do?” He stirred his drink with his straw, a weak smile on his face. “It’s only been about three days… and I’ve already fallen for you. What should I do with these feelings then?”

She remained silent, an uncomfortable look on her face. That was a serious question he just asked and she had no idea how to answer it. Her heart was conflicted in that moment. What do I say?!

After a moment of silence between the two, Jeonghan smiled at her. “It’s okay.”

“Jeonghan…”

“I understand. I’m sorry, I’ll back off.”

“No!” She spoke up quickly, surprising him. “That’s not what I wanted…” Seeing his expression, she dropped her head, embarrassed at her own outburst.

“What?”

“You don’t have to back off… you don’t have to do anything! Just… keep doing what you’re doing…” She could feel her face heating up at her own words. “You told me not to run away from you… you even said you’d catch me in the end anyways.” She managed to look up at him this time. “Pokémon aren’t that easy to catch, right?!”

Jeonghan stared at her, eyes wide. Was she really saying this to him? He could have sworn her silence meant she was rejecting him just a moment ago… but then she said all of that!

“I’m a wild Pikachu that doesn’t know what she wants. You’re going to have to work hard and catch me if you’re serious…” She added while trying to keep a straight face. “Until that day…” She stood up. “Pikachu fled!” Then she took off, running out of the local food chain restaurant they stopped at.

Jeonghan was left there, speechless with a blush on his face. I’m definitely going to catch that Pikachu!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

During Pikachu’s fleeing, her phone began to ring in her pocket, forcing her to stop her running. It was the default ringer, so it wasn’t anyone she knew. Upon looking at the caller ID she read it was from the college.

“Yeoboseyo?” She quickly answered.

The call lasted roughly about five minutes with bad news. Apparently there were no dorms available for the upcoming fall semester. She had the option to get on a waiting list… but then what Bo-Young said earlier came to mind, so she declined. Only then did she figure if she couldn’t stay with Jisoo any longer, she’d just it up and go back to her parents.

She thought maybe it was time to talk to Jisoo about it again.

When she finally made it back to his apartment, she was greeted by the three instantly.

“We thought you were never coming back!” Hansol said dramatically.

“Awwh!” She walked up to the back of the couch where Hansol was leaning on since he jumped up when he head the front door open. “I was only gone for two hours, you missed me that much?!” She his head like a loving mother.

Hansol nodded with that sad puppy look completed with a pouting lip.

“You’re hungry, aren’t you?” She asked, narrowing her eyes.

“Yes! Oh my god…!” He exclaimed.

She laughed at his comment. “I’ll get dinner started soon, but first,” she said looking to her friend who was seated on the other couch, reading a book, “Jisoo, can I talk to you?”

“Sure.” He nodded, closing his book and getting up and followed her to his room.

“What do you think that could be about?” Hansol asked Minghao who just shrugged. “Whatever it is, I hope it’s over quick… I’m starving.”

“That lunch at the cafe wasn’t as filling as mom’s food.” Minghao mentioned, resting a hand over his hungry stomach. “Dad does a poor job on feeding us children.”

“Right?!” Hansol couldn’t agree more. “If they ever get divorced, I know who I’m staying with.”

The two laughed, this joke was really never going to end, ever.

 

...

 

Once inside Jisoo’s room, Soo Min and Jisoo both sat on his bed together.

“I got a call from the college.” She started off.

“Really?”

“Yes… apparently they don’t have anything for me this fall…” She sighed.

“Seriously? I didn’t think they could be all taken like that…” He frowned.

“I know.” She nodded in agreement. Surely there should have been at least one opening?

“So… what are you going to do?”

“Yeah, what am I going to do?” She sighed once more, staring down at her hands that were folded on her lap. “I could… go back to my parents?”

“Is that what you really want, though?” But he of course knew that wasn’t what she wanted.

“No… I want to stay here.” She admitted with a frown, looking up at him. “But I don’t want to burden you and the others if I were to remain here. I know Hansol doesn’t like sharing his room…”

“I talked to him earlier… he apparently has gotten attached to you.” He mentioned.

“Really?!” She placed a hand over her chest, aw’ing.

“I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if you stayed here… I wouldn’t mind either.” Jisoo smiled.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes!”

“Then… I’ll stay!” She smiled. Hearing all three more or less actually wanted her to stay made her happy, made her easily decide where she should stay.

“I’m glad!” He patted her on the back. “Though… could I have my bed back?” Jisoo chuckled.

“Of course! I’ll get my own bed pronto! Also, while we’re talking about it, someone can be roomies with me no-”

“No!” He frowned, cutting her off at the speed of light!

“How are you going to fit three beds into Hansol’s room?!” She laughed at his immediate decline.

“I’ll make it work!” He said stubbornly.

“Well, when it doesn’t work, two beds will fit in here.”

“Who would be your roommate, then?”

“You, of course!” She beamed, wrapping an arm around him. “We can get a divider if it’ll make you happy?”

Jisoo sighed, admitting defeat.

“Great! I’ll start preparing dinner then!” She patted him on the back before getting up to leave the room.

Well, at least she was staying, everyone was going to be thrilled. Momma Soo was here to stay!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Jeonghan was greeted by his roommates when he entered his shared apartment. Junhui rushed up to him with a look of worry, asking why he was home so soon. He explained what his manager said and even his roommates had the same reaction as his three Pledis Cafe co-workers. He could only take this as a sign maybe he really did work too much and his friends were just concerned.

“I’ll go take a nap before our shift later.” He mentioned as he headed to his shared room.

“Sleep well, sleeping beauty.” Mingyu cooed his way.

“Thanks.” Jeonghan shot him a beautiful smile, living up to the name.

When he reached the bedroom door, he turned and called out to his friends, getting their attention again.

“Nevermind.” He shook his head.

“What?” Won Woo asked, raising a brow.

“I forgot what I was going to say…”

“See, this is why you shouldn’t work yourself too hard!” Junhui frowned, walking over and helping his tired friend into the bedroom. Once Jeonghan had lied down… “Sleep! I’ll wake you a quarter till our shift!”

But his words were not received as Jeonghan was already asleep. Junhui could only shake his head, muttering something in Mandarin before heading out of the room.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

There was a knock at the front door of Jisoo’s apartment. Minghao was the one to get up and answer it. He was greeted by Seungcheol, Soonyoung and Chan.

“Hey guys, what are you doing here?” Hansol asked, coming over to greet them too.

“We just got home from the arcade.” Seungcheol answered.

“But we smelt something delicious when we passed by!” Soonyoung added.

“If you two are here, does that mean Jisoo is cooking?” Chan asked, looking very curious.

“I’m right here.” Jisoo smiled, walking up behind his two roommates.

“Then who is cooking?” Seungcheol asked.

“Boys, dinner's almost ready! Go wash up!” Soo Min called out from the kitchen.

“Pikachu?!” The three neighbors exclaimed in sync.

“Eh? Do you have visitors?” Soo Min poked her head out of the kitchen to see Jisoo’s three neighboring friends. They all waved to her and she waved back. “Will they be joining us?”

“Can we?!” Chan begged. There was no doubt whatever she was cooking was going to be delicious!

“Do you mind?” Jisoo asked Soo Min.

“Not at all! There’s plenty to go around.” She smiled from the kitchen doorway.

“Yes!” The three smiled, entering the apartment. They honestly were about to heat up some ramen when they got home, but this had to be 10x better now.

Shortly after, they all sat around the table. Everyone thanked her for the food like before and proceeded to dig in. She got the same reactions like this morning and couldn't help but smile. She loved it when people were so impressed with her cooking.

“Where did you learn how to cook like this, noona?!” Chan exclaimed, taking another bite.

“I stayed with my grandmother for a while. She taught me.”

“Your grandmother sure knows how to cook!” Soonyoung complimented.

“Thanks.” She grinned.

“This beats cup noodles, hands down!” Seungcheol chimed, enjoying every bite.

“Of course it would, it’s actual food!” Hansol laughed.

“You guys are lucky, you get you’re own personal Pikachu cook.” Soonyoung pouted.

“Maybe we should come over more often!” Chan suggested, a huge smile on his face.

“That would be nice. Like they say, ‘the more the merrier’.” Soo Min chuckled. “Though, it’d be easier if you could bring some ingredients of your own so we don’t end up running out of food. There’s too many of you guys.”

“Of course!” Seungcheol nodded in agreement.

“Maybe we should have a get together, when everyone comes over and just eat and chat?” Soonyoung mentioned, looking to both Jisoo and Soo Min. It was obvious those two were the ones in charge of the apartment.

“That sounds like fun.” Soo Min nodded. “Though… will everyone fit in here?” She asked curiously.

“I never really had everyone over all at once before.” Jisoo chuckled worriedly.

“Maybe we can just start off with the park?” Seungcheol suggested. “Like a picnic or something?”

“That sounds like a lot of fun!” Soo Min nodded quickly.

“Then… maybe Saturday? Since Jeonghan and his roommates have work Mon - Fri.” Jisoo pointed out.

“Right, I nearly forgot.” Soonyoung brought his palm to his forehead. “Saturday, then?”

“Sure!” Everyone was in agreement.

“Great!” Seungcheol grinned. “Then it’s a plan!”

Dinner was over some time after, though the three didn’t leave just yet and stayed a little longer to catch up with their friends as well as get to know Soo Min a bit more. Then they left once night started to fall.

This would be the first night that Soo Min didn’t go to Pledis Pizza. She felt bad for some reason, not going to the pizza joint… but the thought of Jeonghan quickly made her forget it. There was no way she could face him after saying such embarrassing things earlier! It was fine if she didn’t see him tonight… right?

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It was thirty minutes before closing time for Pledis Pizza and Soo Min found herself leaving the apartment heading towards the restaurant. She had no idea what she was doing or why she was doing it. She figured her excuse would be… she wanted pizza.

“You made it!” Mingyu greeted from the front counter looking excited.

“Hello.” She waved, walking up. Just then Won Woo came out from the back, a box of pizza in his hand for delivery.

“Hey Pikachu!” He patted her on the shoulder as he passed by. “Got a delivery, see ya!”

“Be careful out there!” She called after him .

When she returned her attention back to Mingyu, he asked if she was there to order and she nodded.

“What will it be then?”

“Jeonghan.” She blurted out by accident when she caught a glimpse of said person in the back.

“Coming right up!” Mingyu chuckled stepping over to call for his friend. “Yo! A customer ordered something special!”

“What is it?” Junhui asked.

“She ordered a Jeonghan!”

“What?”

“Oh god…” Soo Min knelt down to hide under the counter.


Chapter seven! XD

 

Momma Soo is finally staying with her hubby and children! LOL jk…


I just find the family joking real fun to write! I hope it’s not annoying anyone >< It shouldn’t be used too much in future chapters(maybe), just like I mentioned with the Pokémon things(maybe), so don’t worry(maybe).

If it’s still used… I am sorry(I can’t help it!).

 

tumblr_inline_npx51e1Qup1r00vq8_500.gif

Jeonghan: Me | Seungkwan: Readers

 

Like always, I hope you all enjoyed! ^^ leave your thoughts in the comments, I’d really like to see them! :D

Next update shall be on July 8th(USA time, if you're not from the states it'll be July 9th for you ><). I don’t want to post too many and run out of chs and have to make you all wait a long time ><