Chapter 4

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“It’s so hot out today!” Soo Min complained as she sat at the counter, Jeonghan and the other three around her. Not many customers had come in yet since their shift started.

“It’s only 72°F right now.” Jihoon mumbled, holding back a laugh.

“If anything above 70°F bothers you, how do you survive the winter with the heaters?” Seungkwan asked curiously.

“Anything below 60°F bothers me… anything above 70°F bothers me… that’s all there is to it.” She sighed, taking another drink from her second iced water.

“You remind me of Goldie Locks. Not too hot, not too cold, just right at 65°F.” Jihoon teased.

“As you remind me of a kindergartener.” She teased back. “What’s two plus two, little one?” His friends erupted into laughter as Jihoon frowned.

“Hey, how old are you anyway?!” He pouted.

“Most likely older than you.” She grinned. “September, 1996.” She added.

“By two months!” Seungkwan held up two fingers.

“So then that means she’s older than half of us!.” Seokmin spoke up. “We better make sure to treat her right!”

“Then who is older than me?” She asked curiously.

“That’d be Won Woo, Soonyoung, Junhui, Seungcheol, Jisoo and I.” Jeonghan answered her.

“Ahhh, I see.” She smiled before looking at his friend. “That means I can pick on these three, right?” Seungkwan and Seokmin frowned, worried she was serious. “I’m kidding!” She laughed at their reactions. “I only pick on those who pick on me.” Her eyes panned over to Jihoon who was still pouting at the fact she was older than him.

“Everyone picks on each other regardless of their ages.” Jeonghan chuckled.

“True! I pick on everyone!”

“Why are you so comfortable admitting that?” Jihoon asked.

“Just being honest.” She smiled.

“Well honestly speaking,” Jihoon sounded like he was going to say something serious as his friends looked on with worry, “I have to get back to work.” He mumbled, heading over to the new customers that entered the Cafe.

“Aish, I thought he was going to say something bad.” Seungkwan sighed with relief.

“He’s cute.” Soo Min said watching Jihoon leading the new customers to their table. “Like a little kid.” She cooed.

“Yes, our little Jihoon.” Jeonghan joined, leaning on the counter next to her.

“Speaking of little, did he graduate yet?” She asked.

“He will in the spring.” Jeonghan replied.

“Speaking of school…” She sighed. “I need to get going… I promised I’d get registered for school pronto so Hansol can have his room back.”

“You’re leaving already?” Seokmin and Seungkwan both pouted.

“I’ll try to come back!” She assured them. “If not here, then we’ll meet at Pledis Pizza?”

“Sure!” Their pouting stopped as they nodded with smiles.

“Then I’ll get going now!” She pulled out her wallet to pay for her waters when Jeonghan stopped her.

“That’s okay.”

“Really?!” He nodded. “At some point in time, I will have to pay.” She chuckled.

“You can pay when I run out of money.” He gave a charming smile. This was probably where all that saving up will be coming in handy.

Seokmin and Seungkwan looked at each other surprised at their friend’s bold move just now. They both remained quiet, anticipating her reply.

“Is that a lot?” She asked, honestly curious, though that was probably a personal question.

“I’d like to think so.” He laughed.

“Then I’ll be sure to eat well later!” She grinned, excited. She was only going to take advantage one time and then refuse his offers after because for right now, maybe it was best she saved every penny she had in case she needed to buy things for her new dorm despite she was getting an allowance from her parents currently.

“Please do.” He nodded, his smile never leaving his face.

“Thanks, Jeonghan!” She got up and bowed. “I’ll get going now, but before that, have a zap of energy!” She pointed her finger at him, making a buzzing sound with . “Bzzzz!”

Jeonghan played along with her cute antics.

“You two as well!” She zapped Seokmin and Seungkwan. They all had smiles on their faces, even if the little zap was fake, they could feel her energy working on them. “Later!” She turned and headed towards the exit, but of course she went up to Jihoon and poked his sides from behind, startling him. “Bzzz!”

“What the?!” He exclaimed turning around, shocked, literally!

“See ya around, shorty!” She waved.

“Shorty?!”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Soo Min received her order from the counter at a popular food chain as it was a little after 2:00PM. She had just finished with her school business and was now getting something to eat before doing anything else since she was starving. She remembered about Jeonghan’s offer to pay for a meal later, but she just couldn’t wait and decided to eat now. Besides… the walk back over might work up an appetite again.

As she was searching for a place to sit, she noticed how everyone seemed to be with the friends or significant others. I’m gonna be the only one eating alone here?!

“Yo! Pikachu!” Suddenly she saw someone raise their hand up in the air and flagged her over. It was the two from Pledis Pizza, Won woo and Mingyu.

“Oh, hey guys!” She smiled, making her way over since obviously Mingyu was inviting her to sit with them. “Cheating on Pledis Pizza?” She joked, sitting across from the two.

“Wouldn’t that mean you are too?” Won Woo pointed at her tray.

“Shhhh! No one can know…” She whispered with a grin. They both laughed making her join in with a small giggle. “I suppose at some point you’d get tired of pizza if you work at a pizza joint.”

“Got tired of it a long time ago.” Mingyu nodded.

“I still love pizza, though.” She picked up her hamburger. “But I also love hamburgers… it’s… complicated.” She sighed.

“I just love food.” Won Woo said, taking a bite of his own hamburger.

“You sure do!” Mingyu smiled, picking up his napkin and leaned over to wipe away some sauce that was on the corner of his friend’s mouth. “Though I wish you wouldn’t make a mess.”

Soo Min watched the two as Mingyu helped clean Won Woo’s lip. For a second, it seemed the latter didn’t mind it at all until he remember Soo Min sitting there and pulled away, a slight embarrassed look on his face.

“Yah…” He lightly hit Mingyu on his arm. “What are you, my girlfriend?”

“Maybe!” Mingyu laughed, though he was only kidding, but Soo Min couldn’t help but squeal on the inside… they looked so cute together! Even if they were two guys… Bromance!

“That was really cute!” She accidentally blurted out. Mingyu laughed while Won Woo blushed from the embarrassment. He opted to stuff his face with the remainder of his food to avoid them. Soo Min giggled at Won Woo, finding his embarrassed state rather cute. He nearly choked on his fries.

“Easy there, you’re gonna get yourself sick if you eat that fast.” Mingyu patted him on the back, sliding his drink over to him. When he looked back at Soo Min, he noticed she was a messy eater too as she had more sauce on her lip then Won Woo did. “Not you too?” He sighed, grabbing another napkin and leaned over to help her.

“Oh?” She was puzzled as he wiped the sauce off for her. There was a second before she smiled. “Thanks.”

“Yah…” Won Woo nudged Mingyu with what could have been a jealous look. Was it for her, or was it for Mingyu? They couldn’t tell as Soo Min hid behind her hamburger, trying not to squeal out loud. Mingyu could only laugh at Won Woo’s behavior and Soo Min’s fangirling. Best. Lunch. Ever!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Hey, Squirtle, we need two waters at table three.” Jihoon said from the counter to Jeonghan, a teasing smirk on his smug little face.

“Sure thing, Shorty.” He smiled back at the boy and headed for the water. Jihoon’s expression dropped into irritation.

“Don’t tease if you’re not ready to be teased back.” Seokmin chuckled at Jihoon’s grumpy expression.

“Why shorty?!” He pouted.

“Uh… because you’re short?” Seokmin shrugged.

“I’m not that short! You’re all just giants!” He protested, marching off to help another customer who was flagging him down.

“He’s an angry little dude.” Seungkwan said quietly, joining Seokmin at the counter.

“Let’s leave him alone for the day.” Jeonghan said as he returned to the counter. “Not sure how much more teasing he can take.”

“Probably not much… since you know…” Seokmin held in a laugh. “He’s so short.”

“Take these to table three.” Jeonghan slide the waters over to Seokmin, trying to keep a straight face, but he was already laughing on the inside.

“We’re so terrible!” Seungkwan tried to frown but the laughter that was trying to come out complicated that.

Jihoon was passing by the counter, glaring at them from where he stood, he of course heard them!

“Yes, we’re terrible… I’m sorry.” Jeonghan managed a straight face this time and bowed. He nudged Seungkwan to bow too.

“Stop joking around and get back to work.” He warned before going to another table. When he was far enough, both Seungkwan and Jeonghan began giggling to each other, they were such dorks sometimes!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Honey, I’m home! Children, I brought snacks!” Soo Min called from the front door of Jisoo’s apartment.

“Honey?” Jisoo laughed, walking from the kitchen on over to greet her.

“Who you calling children?!” Hansol complained from the couch.

“Did someone forget to take their afternoon nap?” She played sad before noticing Minghao sleeping beside Hansol. “Awww, why can’t you be more like your brother?” She smiled.

“I think that’s enough, don’t drive our son nuts, Honey.” Jisoo chuckled, playing along to her joking.

“You too?!” Hansol let his head fall back.

“We’re just joking, sheesh.” Soo Min laughed, following Jisoo to the kitchen to put the snacks away for later.

“So how did it go?” Jisoo asked, obviously referring to the registering.

“It went fine.” She replied, putting the last snack item away into the cabinet. “They’ll let me know when I can move into the dorm in a few days, hopefully sooner.”

“I can see you’re already attached to this place and it’s only been two days, or well maybe more like a day and a half.” Jisoo smiled weakly.

“I guess it’s the thought of living with a stranger, or even alone that’s bothering me. I know me staying here was so sudden… and I appreciate you guys adapting to the situation so quickly. I just don’t know why I imagine me living here longer than a week?”

“What? Are you thinking about staying here instead of the dorm?” He had to admit the feeling was mutual. She had only been there for almost two days and things seemed like they were supposed to be this way.

“No… I wouldn’t do that to you.” She shook her head with a smile. “I’ll leave once they assign me a dorm.”

“Okay.” He nodded, feeling conflicted. He guessed when the time came, they’d have this talk again soon enough.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It was obvious that Soo Min didn’t make it back in time to the Cafe like she said she would try, but there was still Pledis Pizza!

 

Jisoo: Prepare yourselves, we’re traveling with a hungry Pikachu~! o>_

 

Jeonghan grinned at the text he received from his friend shortly after starting his evening shift. The thought of seeing her again gave him a burst of energy!

After Jeonghan happily took a customer's order, Mingyu leaned on the counter next to him with a grin on his face. “I can only assume why you’re in such a good mood?”

“If you already know, why ask?” He smiled.

“Just making sure is all.” Mingyu chuckled before a customer came up to his register. “Hi, there. Welcome to Pledis Pizza, what will it be?” He asked, putting on his friendly cashier persona, though he failed to look up at the customer right away.

“Just a medium pepperoni pizza, please.” The girl smiled.

“For here or to go?” Mingyu asked as he tapped in her order.

“For here.” She said pulling out her wallet.

He gave her the total and looked up to receive the payment when he paused…

“Jeonghan…” He said, catching his friend’s attention.

“Wha-?” He too paused to look at the girl and what appeared her boyfriend standing next to her. Something was… familiar… really familiar.

“Whoa!” Won Woo stopped behind his two co-workers when he caught a glimpse of the couple.

“Is something wrong?” The girl asked.

“Pikachu is here to eat all the pizzas!” Suddenly Soo Min’s voice exclaimed from the front entrance.

“Soo Min?” The girl turned around at the familiar voice.

“Min Hee?” Soo Min stared, surprised before she noticed her boyfriend. “Ren, too?”

“Hey, what’s going on over here?” Junhui asked Mingyu quietly when he noticed the couple. “Are they Jeonghan & Soo Min’s look-alikes?”

The female customer had a striking resemblance to Soo Min as her companion shared the same resemblance as Jeonghan, both having shoulder length light brown hair tied back in a low ponytail. Despite some small differences, you could almost say it was like looking into a mirror.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

 

“When did you get back?! How come you didn’t call me?” Min Hee frowned at her younger sister, as Jisoo and Soo Min sat at Min Hee and Ren’s table. Hansol and Minghao joined their other friend’s table when they arrived just in time to see what was going on.

“Sorry, just slipped my mind.” Soo Min chuckled weakly.

“Where are you staying?” Ren asked curiously. If she had been staying with her parents, surely they would have called to tell Min Hee.

Soo Min hesitated when she realized it was Ren who had asked the question.

“She’s staying with me for now.” Jisoo answered for her. “She registered to the college earlier today and is waiting for them to assign her a dorm.”

“Really? That’s so nice of you, Jisoo!” Min Hee smiled, glad someone was looking after her sister. “But since we’re meeting like this now… we can take her off your hands.”

Suddenly, Soo Min stood up from her seat at the table. The three looked at her confused before she excused herself to the bathroom.

“Is she alright?” Ren asked, feeling concerned.

“Don’t worry, she’s fine.” Jisoo assured him. “And about taking her… that’s okay. I don’t mind keeping her until she gets the dorm.”

“Is it just you two?” Min Hee asked, that older sister tone in her voice. Jisoo could tell this was probably not going to end well when he tells her there was two other guys living with them.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“I just saw Soo Min go into the ladies room.” Won Woo mentioned to Jeonghan.

“There’s more than one bathroom stall.” He chuckled, not sure why they needed to be worried about that again.

“But she looked upset.” He added, a slight dejected look on his face.

His chuckle died at that one word. She was upset?

“I don’t know, I noticed she started acting different when she saw her sister. That energetic vibe she was giving off at the door died down so quick…” Mingyu spoke his thoughts as they were watching Jisoo talking to her sister. “You don’t think maybe she’s on bad terms with her sister? Maybe that’s why she chose to stay with Jisoo?”

“I would hope not.” Jeonghan frowned. “It’s not a good feeling to be on bad terms with your sibling.”

“Well something is up, and it’s bothering our Pikachu.” Won Woo frowned.

“I know we’re worried, but is it really any of our business?” Jeonghan asked reluctantly. He wanted to know what was going on so he could help her.

“Well… aren’t we her friends?” Mingyu pointed out.

“I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough, so let’s be patient?” Jeonghan said calmly. He was of course trying to be positive and not jump to conclusions about anything.

“Pikachu~!” Just then his phone buzzed in his pocket.

“Aw, how cute!” Mingyu grinned as Jeonghan pulled his phone out to read the text that was apparently from Soo Min.

 

Soo Min: Are they gone yet?

 

Yes, he had changed her name back. The message alert was Pikachu and he thought that was enough. He liked Pikachu, but he then again, he liked Soo Min better.

 

Jeonghan: Your sister? She’s still talking to Jisoo.

 

Soo Min: Ok.

 

That last text made him worry even more. Her texts always had emoticons and always sounded so energetic… but right now she sounded so… not herself. He wanted to ask if she was okay, but that would be him prying, wouldn’t it? He wanted to avoid poking his nose into their business if there was nothing he could do.

His phone buzzed in his hand once more.

 

Soo Min: Jeonghan, I’m stuck. Save me later after work…

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

As Jisoo was still talking to Min Hee, catching up with small talk waiting for Soo Min to return from the bathroom, he got a text from Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan: Soo Min is in the bathroom upset. I don’t think she plans to return to that table until they’re gone. I’m sending Hansol and Minghao home. The story is, she wasn’t feeling well and they took her back. She says she’s sorry and will call Min Hee soon. You’ll leave too and I’ll bring her to the apartment.

 

Jisoo frowned at the text, though… he figured something like this would happen after Soo Min saw Ren after all this time.

“Something wrong?” Min Hee caught Jisoo’s attention again.

“Oh, sorry.” He apologized. “It’s just… I got a text from one of my roommates. They said Soo Min wasn’t feeling well and so they took her home.”

“Really? Should we go there, then?”

“No, that’s okay. We can take care of her. She also said she’s sorry and will call you soon. Please don’t worry, she’ll be fine.” Jisoo tried to execute Jeonghan’s plan the best he could.

“Alright then.” Min Hee frowned. “You remind her to call me, okay?”

“I will.” He nodded as they all stood up, since he was suppose to leave as well.

They said their goodbyes before exiting the restaurant. Jisoo glanced at Jeonghan who gave a small smile along with a faint wave before he exit the pizza joint. Jeonghan… you sure fall hard, don’t you? He thought to himself with a soft smile. He knew Jeonghan would take care of Soo Min until he brought her home.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

It took more convincing to assure the friends who had come to Pledis Pizza like usual that Soo Min was fine. They wanted to see her before they left but Jeonghan told them to just let it go. They could see her tomorrow if things were better. There was no other way to put it, really… naturally everyone was going to be worried.

“We’ll leave first.” Mingyu patted Jeonghan on the shoulder as they had their things ready to go.

“I’m sure she just wants your company right now.” Won Woo added.

“I’ll take your bag for you.” Junhui offered. “But keep your wallet with you.”

“Thanks.” He nodded, pulling his wallet out of the front pocket. “She’ll be okay, so cheer up.” He gave a slight forced smile. They all sighed in sync with a small laugh.

“We’re being too serious!” Won Woo shook his head. “Everything’s fine, let’s go.” He adjusted the strap of his bag on his shoulder before heading to the exit.

“Be sure to lock the door on your way out!” Junhui said with his head poking in from outside.

“Yes.” He nodded.

“And the lights, turn off the lights, too!”

“Yes.”

“Make sure you didn’t forget anything before yo-”

“Junhui! I’ve closed the restaurant before. I know what to do!” He laughed.

“Okay! Okay! See you at home!” He waved before catching up to the other two who failed to noticed he had stayed behind to remind Jeonghan how to close up.

Once he was alone, Jeonghan headed over to the ladies bathroom and opened the door.

“Works over, everyone left… it’s just me and you right now.” He said from the entrance.

“Ah, finally.” She replied relieved.

“Aren’t you coming out?” He asked noticing how she sounded farther in. He thought she’d be waiting by the door.

“Yeah… about that. When I said I was stuck… I really meant it.”

“What?!” He rushed in to see the jammed stall from last night was shut. She was no where else in the small room after double checking the other stalls.

“But you’re here now… so save me!” She chuckled.


Chapter four! :D

 

I re-read these before posting and I’ll admit I fangirled a little at the MEANIE lunch moment…

>////< ASLDKSJDSDKLFG LOL

Hope everyone enjoyed! ^^