Chapter 41

Jeonghan, I choose you!

 

Ignore spacing, errors, typos… they’ll be fixed eventually! LOL

 

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

The next morning, Soo Min woke up and stared at the ceiling. The soreness in her hip wasn’t as bad as it was yesterday, but it still hurt and it was so damn annoying right now. She turned her head to see Jisoo’s bed empty. What time is it?

Her eyes panned over to her phone laying on the nightstand. Carefully, she moved over to reach it. 11:45am. It was almost noon!

After noticing the time, she noticed Jeonghan had left her a good morning text.

 

Jeonghan: Good morning, jagi-ya~! I hope you’re feeling better today? Please rest a lot! I miss you! ❤

 

There was an instant smile on her face at reading his text.

 

Soo Min: Good morning! Sorry I slept in a bit and only got to replying now! >< I’m feeling better, and I’ll rest a lot! Thanks! I miss you more! Please don’t slack off at work, either! I’ll text you later ^^ Love you~! ❤❤❤

 

Jeonghan: Don’t worry about replying late! I’m happy you replied at all :D Rest up! I’ll be thinking of you! ^_^ ❤❤❤ Off to work now! Bye for now~!

 

She refrained from replying again, knowing they’d just keep texting back and forth if she did, it was just too hard to say goodbye to each other sometimes!

A few minutes later, she dialed Jisoo’s number and waited for him to pick up, not wanting to shout from his room to get his attention.

“Hello?” He answered with a small laugh, the sound of him turning off the kitchen sink was heard.

“Hey!”

“Hey, good morning, sleepy head.” the sound of the fridge opening was heard next.

Sleepy head is hungry.” She said quietly.

“I’m already on it!” He chimed, pulling a few things out of the fridge with his free hand.

“Are the kids home?” She asked, curious since she didn’t hear the living room TV on. They were usually watching TV by now.

“No, Hansol went to visit his parents today and took Minghao with him. It’s just me here right now.”

“Awh, he went to see his real parents… I’m jealous!” She said in a pouting tone as Hansol’s pretend mother.

“You’re funny!” He chuckled. “I’ll start lunch, so just relax and rest, okay? I’ll be in there shortly.”

“Can’t I come out to the living room?! It’s so boring in here!” She quickly protested.

“Can you get up?”

“I would like to think I can!” She exclaimed, trying to sit up. She mumbled a few ‘ow’s before he showed up at the doorway, hanging up the phone.

“Here, I’ll help you.” He said, coming over to her bedside.

“I feel so…” she mumbled as Jisoo put her arm over his neck and started to lead her to the door, “I feel like a grandma.” She finally admitted, remembering Won Woo jokingly calling her that the other night.

“Aw, honey.” Jisoo tried to hide his laughter, but failed.

“If I’mma be a grandma, I’mma be the one who sits on the couch watching TV all day!” She said in a slight bitter tone. She wanted to go out and do things like everyone else, but no… she was stuck indoors resting because of her hip. “Gosh darn it, hip! Get better already!” She looked down at her aching side.

“I don’t think yelling at it is going to help.” Jisoo shook his head, setting her down on the couch.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Waking up this morning, Seungcheol found a note on the fridge from Soonyoung saying that he had things to do today, so he’d be out for the majority of today. That was fine, so he crumbled up the note and tossed it in the trash bin before heading to the cabinet looking for something to snack on since he didn’t see Chan awake yet. He settled down on the couch with a small bag of chips and turned the TV on.

He was planning on heading out today as well, to run a few errands. Once Chan is awake, they’d eat and he’d see about dropping Chan off at Jisoo’s or one of the other’s place since he didn’t like to leave the small boy alone by himself. Just like Soo Min being motherly, he was the fatherly one.

An hour had past by then and it was noon. Sometimes Chan slept in like this, so he didn’t think much about it, but something seemed off today. He got up from his seat and headed to Chan’s room, quietly knocking before opening the door to peek in.

“Chan?” He asked. “Are you awake?”

“Hyung?” Chan’s small weak voice called out to him.

“Chan?” Seungcheol opened the door quickly and stepped in to see his son(Chan) curled up in a ball, holding his stomach, looking slightly pale. “Chan, what’s wrong?!” He rushed over to his side.

“I don’t feel good…” Chan mumbled sounding sickly.

“What is it? Your stomach hurting?” Chan could only nod. “What do you think it could be from?”

“I don’t know…” he mumbled. “I don’t think it’s from anything I ate…”

“Stress?” Chan paused for a second before quietly nodding. “What have you been stressing about?” Seungcheol asked, gently resting a hand on the small boy’s shoulder. Chan shook his head, like he didn’t want to answer his question. “Chan?”

Still no reply.

Seungcheol let out a small sigh, rubbing Chan’s back in hopes that it would comfort him. He wasn’t going to pry the answer out of him when he’s feeling sick and decided to drop it. “I had some errands I have to run today.” He spoke again. “Do you want me to take you to your parents house-”

“No…” Chan blurted out. “Can I just go to Jisoo’s?”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“I’m out of water.” Soo Min said, holding up her empty cup to Jisoo who was seated next to her on the couch. They were watching TV after eating their lunch.

“And?” He chuckled. “I’m not your maid.”

“But I can’t walk!” She frowned.

“If you keep drinking water at that pace you’ll wet the couch!” He teased, taking the cup from her.

“I’ll be fine!” She rolled her eyes as he got up and left to the kitchen.

Just then, there was a knock on the front door.

“Oh?! Who is it?!” She called out, given she was stranded at the couch.

“Someone at the door?” Jisoo came out of the kitchen quickly. She nodded and he headed over to open it, since if it was any of their friends, they’d have entered by now since they knew the passcode.

Opening the door, they were greeted by Seungcheol holding sickly Chan in his arms. Jisoo was surprised at first then started to worry.

“Seungcheol? What’s wrong with Chan?” He asked, letting him in.

“He’s not feeling well today. Said his stomach hurts and it’s probably from stress. He didn’t say what from…” Seungcheol explained as he made his way over to the couch where Soo Min was. “I offered to take him to his parents place but he said he wanted to come here instead.”

“Awh, Channie!” Soo Min said, tone full of worry as Seungcheol lied him down on the couch next to her.

“There were some errands I have to run today, but I didn’t want to leave him home while he’s sick like this. You don’t mind looking after him? I know you’re already looking after Soo Min and all…” Seungcheol turned to Jisoo, looking down about the situation.

“Of course I’ll look after him, don’t worry!” Jisoo assured his older friend. “It’s not taking much to look after halmoni(grandma) over there.” He joked, pointing Soo Min’s way.

“Yah! I heard that!” She pouted. “Don’t worry, I’ll help look after our little Charmander, too!” She gave a warm smile to the worried Seungcheol.

“Thanks you two.”

“Go ahead and go do your errands, Chan will be fine. Don’t worry.” Jisoo smiled, giving him a small pat on the back.

After being assured that Chan was in good hands, Seungcheol took his leave feeling a little better now about it. But regardless, he was still so worried.

“Noona?” Chan asked from where he was lying.

“Yes?” She smiled over to him as Jisoo left the room to get both of them some water.

“Can I lie on your lap?” He asked, slowly getting up.

“Of course!” She nodded, opening her arms wide for him.

When Jisoo returned with their waters, he smiled at the site of Charmander cuddled up to Pikachu on her lap.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

While out and about running his errands, Seungcheol stopped by Pledis Cafe for something to drink since he was nearby.

“Here’s your drink.” Jeonghan said as he set the tea down in front of Seungcheol, snapping the guy out of his troubled thoughts. “Everything okay?” He asked.

“Chan is sick today.” Seungcheol admitted. “I’m so worried.”

“Really?” Jeonghan frowned, also getting worried. “If you’re here, then is Soonyoung looking after him?”

“No, he’s out doing stuff today. I had to leave him with Jisoo since there were things I had to take care of today, too.”

“I see.”

“He said he knows it’s not from anything he ate… and said it was possibly from stress.”

“What could he be stressing about?” Jeonghan decided to take a seat and listen to his ex-husband(friend) about their son(smaller friend).

“I don’t know. He wouldn’t tell me.” Seungcheol shook his head, looking dejected. “I’m not wondering if he’s been stressing about the situation with you and Soo Min… you know, with Mi Young interfering.” He pointed out, looking up to Jeonghan who already had a bitter look on his face at the mere mention of that girl’s name. “He was so upset about Soo Min getting hurt… I’m almost positive he’s been stressing about that. Even when I offered to take him home to his parents, he didn’t want to go home… he wanted to go to Jisoo’s. And of course, you know who’s at Jisoo’s? Soo Min.”

“I don’t blame him for worrying about us… poor Channie.” Jeonghan sighed, feeling guilty.

“Jisoo and Soo Min are looking after him now, so at least I know he’s in good hands and not at home by himself.”

“Yes, thanks for leaving him with those two. You’re such a good father!” Jeonghan smiled, reaching over to rest a hand on Seungcheol’s. That cheered him up a little.

“Can you make a cup of peppermint tea to go?”

“Sure, it’s for Chan, right?”

“Yeah.”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Omo! What’s going on?” Mingyu frowned as he and Won Woo entered Jisoo’s apartment, instantly seeing Chan resting on Soo Min’s lap looking down. They had come to check in on Soo min, but then noticed Chan. He was always up and running around whenever they saw him, but seeing him lying there, not looking so good had the Meanie couple worried.

“Channie’s not feeling well today.” Soo Min answered as the two came to the couch they were sitting on. Jisoo was currently in the kitchen, cutting up some fruit hoping Chan would eat it.

“Aw, that .” Won Woo frowned, taking a seat by Chan’s legs. Mingyu settled for sitting on the floor in front of the sick boy.

“Does your tummy hurt?” Mingyu asked, noticing Chan’s arms around his stomach. Chan nodded. “Aw, I’m sorry.” Mingyu cooed, reaching up to gently pat on his leg. “I hope you feel better soon, little one.”

“Thanks.” Chan gave a weak smile.

“Did he eat or drink anything yet?” Won Woo asked to Soo Min.

“Only a small amount of water. Jisoo’s cutting up some fruit in the kitchen. We’re hoping he’ll eat some of it.”

“I don’t want food…” Chan mumbled.

“What do you want, then?” Mingyu asked.

“I looked it up online earlier. They say peppermint tea can help.” Soo Min interjected. “Maybe we should get him some tea?”

Just then, the front door opened and in walked Seungcheol with a to go cup from Pledis Cafe.

“Hey! You’re back!” Soo Min smiled, greeting him.

“Thanks.” He walked over, greeting both Mingyu and Won Woo before looking down at Chan. “Stomach still hurt?” Chan nodded. “Here, I brought you some peppermint tea from the cafe.” He knelt down next to Mingyu, holding the drink up.

“We were just talking about that!” Mingyu said surprised.

“Let’s help him up.” Won Woo mentioned to Soo Min.

Once they had Chan sitting up, he scrunched his face up in discomfort before complaining about the pain.

“Drink this, it’s going to help.” Seungcheol handed it to him.

Chan drank a few sips of the tea, at least enough of it before requesting to lie down again. They all crossed their fingers and hoped he’d feel better within the hour.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Hyung?” Seungkwan asked, lightly nudging Jeonghan who was staring at the floor with the broom in his hands. It was near closing time and everyone was cleaning up after their recent customers.

“Huh?” He snapped out of it and looked to his younger friend.

“Are you okay? You seem to be zoning out?”

“I’m okay.” Jeonghan assured him before resuming his cleaning task.

“Are you still worried about Chan? I heard he was sick?”

“Yeah, stomach pain. Seungcheol said it’s most likely from stress.”

“Stress? That’s not good!” Seungkwan frowned. “What is he stressing over, anyway?”

“He wouldn’t say, but Seungcheol thinks it’s because of the Mi Young situation.” Jeonghan replied quietly. “I feel so bad. It’s my fault.”

“Don’t say that!” Seungkwan stopped Jeonghan’s cleaning by taking the broom from him. “You can’t keep blaming yourself for everything! It’s not good, you’ll end up just like Chan, you’ll get sick!”

“I know… but I can’t help it. I didn’t ask for any of this… I was so happy when Soo Min and I finally got together, but now Mi Young has come to destroy it all out of greed. Will this drama ever stop? Chan is sick now because of it… what if the other kids get sick too? What am I going to do?”

Seungkwan watched Jeonghan take a seat at one of the booths, a look of frustration on his face.

“Hyung,” Seungkwan said, standing beside him and rested a hand on his shoulder. “I know it’s hard, but don’t let it get to you. Chan was worried about you guys, and sure it’s not good to hear he got sick over it, but it’s because he cares a lot about you two. All your friends care about you, I care about you… it’s what friends do. We’re supporting you and Soo Min and we’re going to do everything we can to make sure Mi Young doesn’t interfere with your relationship with Soo Min again. Things are going to get better, it’s just going to take time. So you have to be patient. Okay?”

“Thanks, Seungkwan.” Jeonghan managed to give the boy a smile. “Please don’t worry yourself sick, either. Okay?”

“I won’t! I promise! I’ll just cry instead!” He smiled before faking a few tears.

“Don’t cry, either! Oh my god…” Jeonghan chuckled.

“There you go!” Seungkwan smiled, pointing at his friend’s laughter. “Cheer up, hyung! Or you’re going to worry everyone else, too!”

“Okay! I got it!” He smiled. “Thanks, again.”

“No problem!”

“Give me a hug… I need it.” Jeonghan said with a sad smile.

“Aw, hyung!” Seungkwan attacked him with a tight embrace.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Won Woo and Mingyu stayed on the couch with Soo Min and Chan while Seungcheol and Jisoo sat on the other couch. They all tried to focus on the TV playing a few feet away but none of them could focus enough, they were still so worried about Chan who had fallen asleep just a little while ago.

It was getting close to Mingyu and Won Woo’s shift for Pledis Pizza by then. They knew Jisoo would let them know how Chan was doing later when he woke up, but they were wishing they could stay a little longer.

Just before Won Woo was going to speak up about them leaving, Chan magically woke up that very second.

He sad up and rubbed one of his eyes tiredly, mumbling ‘where am I?’.

“Hey, you’re awake!” Soo Min smiled. “How are you feeling?”

It took a moment for Chan to become aware of the situation and slowly a smile started to spread across his face. “Wow, I feel a lot better than before!”

“That’s great!” Jisoo smiled in relief, everyone was relieved now, especially Seungcheol.

“Sorry if I worried you guys…” Chan lowered his head, feeling a little guilty seeing them all sitting around, obviously waiting to see if he got better after drinking the tea earlier.

“It’s okay! Don’t worry about it! We’re just happy you’re feeling better now!” Mingyu assured him, giving him a gentle pat on the head.

“Yay, I’m so glad you’re feeling better now!” Soo Min beamed, patting him on the back.

“What about you, noona?” He asked.

“Yeah, how’s your hip, halmoni(grandma)?” Won Woo said teasingly.

“Ah, it think it’s okay!” She smiled, carefully getting up. Everyone immediately started to worry once they saw her stand. “I think I’m well enough to kick your ! Don’t call me halmoni(grandma)!”

“What is going on?!” Suddenly they heard a voice at the door. Everyone looked to see Jeonghan standing there looking concerned along with Seungkwan peeking his head around his shoulder.

“They keep calling me halmoni(grandma)!” She complained, slowly turning around. “I didn’t break my hip!”

Everyone couldn’t help but laugh at her cute angry expression.

“Yah,” Jeonghan finally said, eyeing them all. “Stop teasing my girlfriend.”

“Yeah, stop teasing my mom’s girlfriend!” Chan stood in front of Soo Min with his arms out, protecting her.

“Chan…” Jeonghan brought a palm to his forehead. “Please don’t say it like that.” More laughs were heard.

Seungkwan greeted everyone while Jeonghan made his way over to Soo Min. “Got about thirty minutes before my shift… let’s go to Jisoo’s room?”

“Uhhh…” Soo Min blushed when she heard how quiet it got just then. Everyone was looking at them!

“No way! Hyung, really?!” Mingyu laughed.

“You guys have such dirty minds!” Jeonghan frowned. “I just wanted to talk with her in private!”

“Word it differently next time!” Jisoo laughed.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Sheesh, I can’t believe how erted everyone is these days.” Jeonghan complained quietly as they sat on Soo Min’s bed.

“Well, honestly, the way you said it played a big part! Don’t go blaming them, you’re at fault too!” She held back her laughter when he looked at her like she just betrayed him.

“Fine, it was my fault!” He sighed. “And…” he trailed off, his expression falling.

“Jeonghan?” Soo Min started to worry, noticing his dejected gaze on the floor.

“Seungcheol thinks Chan got sick because of our situation with Mi Young. He stressed himself sick.”

“Really?” Soo Min frowned, looking to Jisoo’s closed bedroom door. She could hear the others outside talking, a few seconds of laughter here and there. She could even hear Chan’s laughter…

“I feel so bad, so guilty… I don’t want him or the other kids to be getting sick over this…”

“I know, I don’t want that either.” She nodded, resting a hand on his back for comfort. “It’ll be okay, though. It’ll take time, but things will get better… so let’s be patient?”

“You know, Seungkwan said the same thing!” Jeonghan chuckled. “Are you sure he’s not your son, too?”

“Oh mah gosh, I wish!” She giggled. “I’d totally adopt all the kids! They’re so cute, I just wanna cuddle them!” She gushed. “But I gotta at least let Meanie have a kid! I shouldn’t be so greedy.” She crossed her arms with a small pout.

“Yes, don’t be greedy! I don’t wanna have to share you with everyone!” He smiled while leaning over, resting his chin on her shoulder. “It’s bad enough you share a room with Jisoo! Can’t he sleep with the kids?” He pouted, his tone full of jealousy.

“Haha, and here you keep teasing me about him being your boyfriend yet… you can’t handle me sleeping in the same room as him?” She shook her head.

“No, I can’t!” He joked. “I wish you could stay with me! Let the lonely ahjumma move in with Jisoo instead!”

“So clingy!” She smiled, as he had wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight.

“I really don’t want to go to work tonight.” He sighed, leaning on her.

“Jeonghan, what did I say about skipping work because of me-” she was saying until she felt his forehead on her neck. He was warm, really warm. “Yah, do you have a fever?” She worried.

“It’s hot.” He mumbled.

“No duh! You’re burning up!” She complained. “Here, lie down!” She scooted off the bed and helped him lie on his back. She mumbled a small ow from her sudden movement.

“I’m okay.” He tried to sit back up, but she pushed him back down.

“No, you’re not. Just lie down! I’ll be right back.” She said before making her way to the door.

Everyone was still chatting with each other when Soo Min came back out into the living room. Their attention panned over to her quickly to see her looking worried.

“Jeonghan’s sick.


Chapter fourty-one!

 

… Hello.

Heaux-FZopPzKwhz-4eoHKidl-QmIn9OQWpd7tMk

Gahd, how long has it been?! 3 weeks?!

nr7qvPPaS3g8X_HfBIJ-se7G4v1bi4qS-mRHax7M

School… school is so chaotic. 3 projects, in three differnt classes… and then a book lesson in another...

peThRSb4VpV_zkwJ8eco9A4Pr3JmWWGY0NV9KwS2

I got it all done, but at a price… what happened to Channie in this chapter, happened to me TT^TT

VS8SgdlP5ZJ8aMIvThqFJNLjGAz6q3tpmK8qfU5n

And I hope what’s happening to Jeonghan, isn’t happening to me too… stress is such a bad thing like… OTL But at least Channie got better! Wish I could say the same for me XD I missed two classes today… I missed two classes Mon, too… eugh…

So far, besides being stressful, school has been great! Learning a lot and haveing some fun with the projects… especially my Computer Illustration II class! I DID A PORTRAIT OF NONE OTHER THAN…

MINGYU!

I KNOW! I KNOW YOU’RE MAD THAT I DIDN’T PICK YOU, JEONGHAN! But if it makes you feel any better, I didn’t pick you because this was the first time doing a portrait, so I didn’t want to risk it coming out ugly! Aren’t you glad I picked Mingyu, now? Though he still came out beautiful! *0*

...

 

Jeonghan: First you don’t choose me for your school project, and then make me sick at the end of the chapter…

T^T Fine, be that way!

Haha, anyway! Hope everyone enjoyed, thanks for reading!

(lol Seungkwan)

ALSO~! AT 100+ SUBS NOW! Never thought there’d be so many of you guys! THANKS! ^^ I’ll try to update as much as I can, but busy with school, so please be patient with me! ^^

Omg, Mingyu can you... stop?

*he's been killing me lately haha*