Chapter 17

Jeonghan, I choose you!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Aw! That dress looks so cute on you, Pikachu!” Bo-Young exclaimed as Soo Min stepped out of the dressing room wearing a light yellow summer dress. “What do you guys think?!” She turned to Jisoo and the other two guys.  
 

“Looks great.” Jisoo gave a thumbs up.

“It’s nice.” Jihoon nodded in agreement.

“...” Jeonghan didn’t say anything and only stared. This was the first time he had seen her in any kind of dress. She was always wearing capris or shorts with a normal shirt or t-shirt. She didn’t seem to wear too many girly outfits and he hadn’t noticed till now. It was really different and adorable at the same time to see her like this.

“Seems like Jeonghan is starstruck.” Ae-Cha giggled.

“Then it’s set. You’re buying that dress.” Bo-Young chimed.

“Aish…” Soo Min shook her head, about to go back into the dressing room to change back into her clothes when Bo-Young stopped her.

“Nope! You’re wearing that for the rest of the morning!”

“No way!”

“Yes way!” She said, confiscating her friends clothes from the dressing room.

“Bo-Young!” Soo Min frowned.

“Ae-Cha, your turn to change.” Bo-Young ignored her.

“Okie dokie!” Ae-Cha jumped up from her seat and headed into the dressing room. When she walked out, she was wearing a pink summer dress that suited her adorable appearance. It was Jihoon’s turn to stare in awe as the others gushed over how cute she was.

Bo-Young went next and came out wearing a baby blue summer dress… all the girls were wearing summer dresses because duh, summer.

“You look beautiful.” Jisoo complimented, a clear smile on his face.

“Thanks!” She tried to hide her blush by moving onto them. She tossed a few shirts and pants their way that she picked out earlier while her friends were getting changed. Jeonghan got a nice yellow t-shirt with a design on it and white pants to go with it. Since they were light colors, it was good since everyone knew wearing light colored clothing keeps you cooler compared to darker clothing that just absorbs the sun’s light, making you warmer. The same went for Jihoon and Jisoo, pink and blue shirts with a pretty design on them along with white pants, though Jihoon was given shorts instead of pants.

“What’s going on… why are we matching colors with the guys?” Soo Min asked once she noticed her friend’s blue dress matched Jisoo’s shirt. Same for Ae-Cha and Jihoon… and her with Jeonghan.

“Don’t question it, just go with it!” Bo-Young winked. Soo Min didn’t like the looks of that. Her friend was up to something and it was making her nervous. “Here! Semi-matching shoes!” She stepped over and handed everyone a shoe box.

“These are so cute!” Ae-Cha smiled, pulling out a pair of white sandals that had flowers on it. Jihoon opened his box to see a pair of white sneakers. All of the guys got white sneakers, basically though Bo-Young got a nice pair of white sandals with straps and…

“Why am I the only one who got heels?!” Soo Min frowned.

“Those aren’t heels, those are wedges.” Bo-Young corrected.

“Whatever! I can’t wear these! Give me something else.”

“No, you must wear those! It goes so well with your dress!” Her friend protested while placing a white wide brim hat with a matching yellow bow on her head. Since she sunburned so easily, this should help.

“You really want me to break a leg or something, don’t you?” Soo Min narrowed her eyes.

“You won’t break anything, Jeonghan will be there to help you every step of the way~!” Her evil friend chimed.

Just what was Bo-Young up to?

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Shortly after paying for their outfits and shoes, they left the clothing store and headed to the food court for a snack. Soo Min was nervous the entire time since Bo-Young made her and Jeonghan sit together. This was starting to look like a triple date after all… matching clothes and shoes.

Before they were done eating, both Jihoon and Jeonghan got a text on their phones at the same time. I happened to be from their manager at Pledis Cafe.

 

Manager(Pledis Cafe): Unfortunately, a water line broke on the street.  We have to close the Cafe for today. No work this afternoon. Will let you know if things are fixed by tomorrow. Enjoy your day off!

 

“How convenient!” Ae-Cha smiled. “We get to hang out longer now, don’t we?” She tilted her head at Jihoon.

“Yes, it appears that way.” He smiled.

“If the water line broke on that street… does that mean Pledis Pizza will be closed too since it’s just across Pledis Cafe?” Jisoo asked, curious.

Jeonghan’s phone went off again.

 

Manager(Pledis Pizza): A water line broke on the street just a few minutes ago. Not sure if they can have it fixed by evening… No work this evening. It should be fixed by tomorrow at least, so enjoy your night off!

 

“Judging by that smile, I take it Pledis Pizza is closed, too?” Soo Min asked, a soft smile on her lips. He looked so happy just now… she couldn’t help it.

“Then he has the whole day off? Wow, talk about major coincidence.” Bo-Young said amused.

“It wasn’t a coincidence, it was fate.” Jeonghan grinned.

“Well this is turning out better than I thought!”

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Soo Min narrowed her eyes once again.

“Jihoon, why don’t you take Ae-Cha to the park and look at flowers together?” She ignored Soo Min’s question and faced the adorable pair to her left.

“Sure.” Jihoon agreed. Ae-Cha cheered in her seat before they both got up and left. Jihoon obviously took the hint… this was now going to be a date.

“Jeonghan?” She now faced the smiling guy to her right. “Why don’t you take Soo Min into town and do a little more shopping since I heard you like to buy things for her.”

“Wait, what?!” Soo Min interjected before Jeonghan could respond.

“I think Jisoo and I will go to the bookstore for a bit?”

“Sounds nice, let’s go.” Jisoo nodded, liking the idea.

“Wait!” Soo Min frowned as the two got up to leave.

“Have fun you two!” Bo-Young waved.

“Wait!” Soo Min shouted again. “Honey! Wait! Where are you going?! Jisoo! Darn it! Hong Jisoo!” She called after him. They disappeared around the corner.

Jeonghan chuckled as she pouted in her seat.

“How did I not see this coming?!” She complained, looking down at her dress.

“I really didn’t expect this either.” Jeonghan admitted. “If you want… I can just take you home instead.”

“... no. It’s okay.” She assured him. Just now, she felt bad when he said that. I’m just… super nervous is all! This would be my first date, after all!

“Then?” He asked, his smile growing bigger. “Want to go on a date with me, today?”

“Eh!” She blushed, rubbing her arm shyly. “Might as well! We’re already dressed for the occasion!”

“You don’t have to.” He chuckled. “You friend sprung this on you… I understand if you’re not ready…”

“No! Let’s go on a date!” She protested. “If I don’t let it happen now, I’m not sure if it’ll be easy to let it happen in the future!” Her words surprised him.

“Are you sure?” He asked, he wanted to be sure.

“Yes! You like me and I like you. It’s only logical we go on a date!”

“You’re so adorable when you’re nervous!” He teased. At her embarrassed sigh, he smiled again. “Alright, let’s go on a date, Pikachu.”

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Aren’t these flowers so pretty?!” Ae-Cha beamed as she was kneeling down next to them, looking up at her date.

“Yes, they are.” He nodded. “But you’re prettier.”

“Awww~! You’re so sweet, Jihoon!” She giggled, standing up again. “Let’s take a walk, shall we?”

“Let’s.” He nodded again.

As the two were walking, Ae-Cha noticed Jihoon would look down with his eyes, like he was watching for something, maybe?

“What’s wrong?” She decided to ask.

“It’s nothing.” He shook his head. “I just…” he glanced down again, “I just wanted to hold your hand.”

“Really?” She blushed slightly.

“Can I?” He smiled.

“Of course!” She offered her hand to take.

It was really cute how their hands fit perfectly in each other’s. They continued their walk, holding hands.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Team Edward, or Team Jacob?” Bo-Young asked as she held up the famous Twilight book.

“Team Jacob.” Jisoo replied. “You?”

“Team Edward!” She hugged the book to her chest.

“Of course, the pretty boy.” Jisoo chuckled.

“What? Vampires are cool!” She defended with a small pout.

“What other series have you read?” He asked, looking through the other books on the shelf.

“Ah, I haven’t been reading as much as I used to lately.” She admitted, placing the Twilight book back.

“Really? Can I ask why?”

“K-Drama.” She shamelessly replied. “They were right! It’s addicting!” She let out a frustrated sigh. “Took a lot of willpower to come out of the house today. I was going to watch the latest episode of ‘Orange Marmalade’ I didn’t watch this past Friday since I helped my mom clean the house.” Jisoo chuckled as he noticed the K-Drama she was talking about also had vampires in it.

“Do you watch any anime?” He decided to ask.

“I do!” She nodded quickly.

“What’s your favorite?”

“Vampire Knight!”

“Again with the vampires!” He laughed.

“Hehe, you’re just jealous!” She teased.

“And if I am?” He raised a brow, teasing her back. “Hong Jisoo is just as cool as your pretty vampires.”

“Oooh!” She smiled. “Is that so?”

“Yes!” He nodded, a charming smile on his face.

“Show me!” She grinned.

Not today… maybe another day?” He chuckled.

“Ah! Clever!” She blushed. That meant they should go on another date!

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

Jeonghan and Soo Min walked down the sidewalk together, side by side. A few times she’d fall behind since she wasn’t used to walking in shoes that were more than two inches.

“You need help?” Jeonghan asked as he noticed she fell behind again.

“I’m okay!” She assured him, catching up. Her wide brim hat covered her eyes, but he could see the small blush on her cheeks clearly. The hat was keeping her from getting sunburned on her face, so he knew she couldn’t blame it on that.

“You can hold my hand if you need?” He held his hand out towards her.

“I said I was-whoa~!” She almost tripped over a small rock on the sidewalk, causing her to take his offered hand. He helped her stand straight, laughing quietly as he took a better hold of her hand, interlacing his fingers with hers. Real smooth, Squirtle. She giggled to herself as they continued to walk.

They passed a few stores, window shopping instead since even though it was true Jeonghan liked to buy her things, she didn’t want anything and didn’t want him to go broke either. They looked at a few stores before deciding to go for a walk by Han River.

When they came across the spot where they agreed to start over, she turned to Jeonghan with a smile.

“Even though that was four days ago… seems like it’s been forever.”

“Must mean we’re getting closer… soon we won’t be strangers anymore.” He smiled.

“That’ll be nice… I don’t want to be strangers… I’d like to be something more than just simple friends… too.”

“I feel the same.” He took her hand back into his. At her slight hesitant expression, he smiled once more. “One step at a time.”

“R-Right.” She nodded. She was glad he took the hint she didn’t want to move too fast… even if it seemed stupid since their feelings were obviously mutual now. But he wanted to be careful with her and not rush her into things. This date was a start, though.

Suddenly there was a low rumble in the sky that startled Soo Min.

“Ah… when did those clouds get there?” Jeonghan frowned, looking up to see half the sky covered in dark clouds.

“That storm is stalking us!” She frowned making her date laugh. “What are we going to do?! I don’t see any immediate shelter if it were to start raining!”

“Let’s just get to the nearest building.” He held his hand out for her. She took it and followed him.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Aw, looks like it’s about to rain.” Ae-Cha frowned as she stared up at the dark sky.

“Let’s get inside, somewhere.” Jihoon tugged on her hand to lead her away.

“Where will we go?” She asked as she followed him.

“Want to get some cake?” He replied, looking over his shoulder.

“Cake sounds yummy! Let’s go!” She nodded, excited.

There was a cake shop just around the corner, which was why he mentioned it. Surprisingly, it started to rain the moment they got inside.

“That was close.” Jihoon sighed, relieved.

“I wonder how the other’s are doing? I hope they weren’t outside just now.” Ae-Cha said worriedly as she watched the rain fall. It looked pretty heavy.

“I’m sure they’re fine, don’t worry.” Jihoon assured her, leading her over to a table. “For now, order anything you’d like.”

“Really?!” She smiled brightly.

“Yes.” He nodded, adoring every expression she makes. He really liked this girl.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Ah, the weather didn’t call for rain!” Bo-Young frowned as she stood at the bookstore entrance.

“The weather has been strange lately.” Jisoo mentioned, looking at his phone. “There’s nothing on the forecast, yet it shows up out of no where.”

“That’s odd.” Bo-Young stared at the slight heavy rain outside. “Oh no!” She suddenly exclaimed. “I told your friend to take little Ae-Cha to the park!”

“Don’t worry, I’m sure Jihoon took her inside somewhere before it started to rain.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure, he’s a good guy.” He nodded.

“And what about Jeonghan and Soo Min? Do you think they’re inside somewhere too? I told him to take her shopping in town…”

“I’m sure they’re fine!” Jisoo assured her with a small laugh. “Don’t worry so much!”

“I can’t help it!” She frowned.

“You’re just as bad as Soo Min.” He shook his head with a smile.

download.pngpicka-heart-you-pika-pika-pikachu-22135683-75-75.jpg download.png

“Why!?” Soo Min complained as she and Jeonghan finally found shelter from the sudden rainfall. They were nearly soaked as she held her shoes in one hand and had the other keeping her hat in place. The moment it started to rain, the made a run for it, but it was hard for her to run in those shoes, so she took them off as quick as she could.

“Are you okay?” Jeonghan asked as he looked down at her.

“I’m fine.” She nodded, taking her hat off. “This hat was so helpful… not!” Her hair was damp.

“It seems like rain is just not our friend lately.” He chuckled, recalling how it ruined their outdoor and indoor picnic.

“I like the rain.” She admitted. “But when it ruins plans, that’s so not cool, bro.”

“I agree.” He sighed.

They both leaned up against the wall. A small ledge above them was sheltering them from the rain. They weren’t able to find an other good places since they’re main focus was just to get out of the rain as quick as possible. This is where they ended up.

For ten minutes, they stood there, waiting for it to die down, but it only continued.

“C’mon rain! You just going to keep us stranded here?!” Soo Min frowned, rubbing her arms as she was getting cold.

Just then, the wind started to pick up, making the rain fall diagonally and just their luck it was coming their way! Soo Min let out a small shriek when she felt the cold rain hit her exposed feet and legs as well as her arms and face. They were getting rained on despite finding shelter!

Jeonghan stepped in front of her, placing his arms on the wall as if he was pinning her to it. She was surprised at his action until she realized he was blocking the rain from her by using his own body.

“What are you doing?!” She worried.

“It’s okay.” He smiled down at her. They were close at this new position.

“But you’re just getting rained on!”

“It’s okay, as long as you’re not.” He assured her.

“Jeonghan…” A wave of happiness swept over her. “Thank you.”

He smiled at her in response.

That’s when their eyes locked and they stared into each other’s eyes for a little bit, everything around them wasn’t registering to them as they got lost in this moment together. It was the same as the day at the picnic as they admired each other’s features and eventually their gazes landed on each other’s lips.

“So… this is our first date.” He mentioned, breaking his gaze for a short second to look into her eyes again.

“Yeah?” She looked up at him nervously.

“Would it be okay if I… stole your first kiss now?” He asked, his eyes returning to her soft pink lips.

“How is it stealing… if it’s yours?” She blushed. That made him smile, pink dusting his cheeks at her reply.

“Really, now?” He grinned.

Just… fair warning!” She blurted out. “I’ve never kissed anyone before, obviously!”

“I understand.” He chuckled.

“Oh gosh, this isn’t romantic anymore, is it?! I’m sorry! I ruined it, didn’t I?!” She covered her face with her hands, embarrassed. I should have just kept my mouth shut and let it happen!

She could only hear his quiet laughter before her hands were pulled away from her face. When she looked up at him again, he gave her a sweet smile.

“Just close your eyes.” He said softly. She could hear it so clear despite the loud rain behind him.

She did as she was told and waited for impact. She wasn’t sure what to do with her own lips, if she should do that cliché pucker up.

Jeonghan took a few seconds to adore her small nervous face with her eyes sealed shut. So he was finally going to kiss her. Today was the day…

“Why isn’t anything happening yet?” She asked, opening one eye.

“Sorry.” He chuckled. “I was just thinking about how cute you look just now.”

“Eh! Then keep thinking!” She stuttered out, closing her eyes again.

This time he leaned in. She tensed up almost as if she was flinching as she sensed him closer than before. Again she waited for the soft impact of his lips on hers, but instead… felt it on her forehead. Is this how people kiss nowadays? She thought before she felt his lips press against her left cheek. What is he doing?! She felt a smile growing on her own lips. He placed a gentle kiss to her other cheek and even her nose.

“Hey!” She opened her eyes, giggling.

“What?” He replied with a smile.

“What are you doing?”

“I just wanted you to relax.” He said, leaning close again. By now the rain had calm down just a little, but the wind was still acting up as he continued to shield her.

“I’m… relaxed now.” She smiled.

He pressed his forehead against hers as they shared another romantic gaze before he closed his eyes, making her close her eyes too and finally… his lips pressed against hers in a soft yet sweet kiss.


Chapter seventeen! SEVENTEEN! SEVENTEEEEEEEEEN~!  

 

tumblr_nq3yo3697h1ux9lsmo1_r1_400.gif

Kyaaaa~! Actual progress! ASLKDSJLFKJSJKLSD:DSKGJSG *SPAZZ SPAZZ*

 

>/////< *faints*

 

It would have been cool to end this at 17 chapters but… OTL there’s still a lot I had plan for this so… hopefully I can get through it quickly from here on out! ^^