How close were we before the accident?

Love Letter For You

It was weird.

Right after he kissed me and said those things, the clock struck midnight and suddenly I take in my surroundings.

The thing that happened after my birthday was over was the weird part.

My head felt light and dizzy as I started to see something in my mind.

Before I knew it, everything was black, and I heard Jonghyun calling my name...

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun took Nikka's hand and pulled her towards somewhere with a hoodie on to cover himself from being seen. "Let's go somewhere - I've got to show you something~" he whispered in Nikka's ear. She blushed and let him drag her to a nearby fountain. The nightlights made the fountain look extremely beautiful.

Nikka stared at the water in awe. "It's beautiful..." she breathed out slowly.

"So are you." He whispered to her in English. Nikka turned red and shifted towards him, making them look at each other in the eyes.

After a few moments of silence, both of them randomly giggled. "You've been studying English lately. That's good." Nikka complimented.

Jonghyun smirked at her. "You should learn more Hangul so you'd visit Korea next time."

"Mm. Maybe when I earn enough cash."

"I could get you tickets."

"Nah. I'd rather pay for my own expenses." Jonghyun chuckled after hearing that.

"What?" Nikka asked him.

"You're different from those other fangirls..." he casually said.

Nikka shrugged. "I'm no ordinary fangirl. I just admire good music."

"And... you like our music? SHINee?"

Nikka turned to him and smiled. "I like you. I admire your style."

 

 

 

 

I woke up slowly to find myself in a white room.

Seeing bright things really make me grumpy when I wake up.

It reminds me of - s***.

I'm in a hospital, aren't I?

I mentally facepalmed myself as I glanced around the room.  I thought I was by myself until I saw a hint of movement from the couch.

..............Jonghyun?

Suddenly my dream a while ago came back to me.  I think it was a memory.

I smiled, but then frowned as I realized what was on the table beside my hospital bed.

No wonder I never felt happy wearing those types of ....things.

I think mother prepared this for me.  FML, dude.

Did she just... lie to me?  Again?

She told me that I turned into an elegant girl upon arriving in Korea and that I had a swell time eloping with Key and his friends while I attended most of my high school classes there than in America.  And since no one bothered to tell me how I got to Taiwan, mother said it was because I felt pressured with too much music and did whatever the company told me to do.  Moreover, she said that I complained about how my classmates would pick on me.

I need to get stories straight.

I slowly sat up on my bed and looked down at what I was wearing.  Hospital gown...is sooo much better than the type of s*** that mother prepared for me!

I mean, it opens up in the front and not the back!  Thank God for NO EXPOSURE like the regular gowns you see for patients at a hospital....

Anyways, I slowly stood on the ground and found out I was wearing fuzzy socks.  How cute~ they match the gown! :D

I slowly crept towards the sleeping figure on the couch in the side of the room.  I noticed he was wearing the hoodie from my dream.

So it really was a memory...

I poked his cheek, then noticed his jaw structure.  My fingers lightly trailed his face until he grabbed my wrist out of nowhere.  I gasped lightly as his eyes slowly opened.

No One's POV

Jonghyun slowly opened his eyes in confusion and noticed Nikka standing there in her hospital gown that he picked out.  He scoffed earlier at the nurses, telling them that there is no way Nikka would ever wear something so revealing for everyone to see her backside in the hospital.

"Ummm.....didn't you wear that hoodie jacket at the concert last year?"  Nikka asked him, surprisingly calm now over him holding her wrist.

His eyes widened at the question.

He heard from the doctor earlier that her fainting was a sign that she might have a piece of her memory back, but he nearly lost hope.

He quickly sat up on the couch and grabbed Nikka by the shoulders.  "Do you remember the concert?" he asked.

Nikka thought for a bit, then shrugged.  "I remember the music and Key fainting over Onew, but mostly I remember the night afterwards," she answered, "and I really do admire your style."

Jonghyun grinned and glomped her into a hug.  "Oh THANK GOD!" he exclaimed, nearly squeezing the life out of her.

However, Nikka didn't mind and in fact hugged him back.  After a while, they let go and Jonghyun led Nikka back in bed.

"That's all you remember so far, right?" he asked her.  She nodded and perched herself right back onto the bed.

"Could you maybe replace the clothes with yours?"  she requested meekily as she pointed at the desk beside her.  Jonghyun glanced at where she was pointing and scrunched his nose in disgust.

"Emmmm.....that's honestly even too much for Key....it's a good thing I have my bag in the car!"  Jonghyun pecked Nikka on the forehead.  "I'll be right back, okay?"  She laughed and gestured for him to go already.

10 minutes later, someone knocked and opened the door.

"Nikka?"

Nikka's ears perked up at her father's voice and she greeted him with a genuine smile.  "Hey dad, where's mom?"

He sighed and settled on the chair beside her bed.  "She's too busy with your sister planning your wedding.  Anyways, she was telling me that she forgot to buy you underwear, so she gave me the bag to give to you.  But on the way over here, I pressed the brakes too hard and the contents of the bag started spilling, showing some lingerie THAT I WILL NEVER LET MY DAUGHTER WEAR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES."

Nikka blinked as her father continued, "So I ended up coming here after trading that crap from the damn chick store for this,"  he gestured to the bag, "go take a look if it's okay with your standards, sweetie."

Curious, she peeked inside the bag and smiled.  To her, it was not only cute but something decent and comfortable for her to wear.  Plus there was multiple colors of the similar style.  She glanced up at her father curiously.  He blushed in embarrassment.

"Seriously, your mother cannot keep doing this to me!  I'm a man, for crying out loud!  It's a miracle those were on sale - the lingerie piece she tried to give you still had the tag on it AND DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT THING COSTS?!  DAMN!"  he ranted on in Tagalog, flinging his arms in the air as his daughter laughed loudly.

Her father sighed while staring at her.  "Seriously, Nikka, you have to control that laugh of yours - "

"But her laugh is one of the many things why I like her and how unique she is."  Someone interrupted in English with a thick accent.

Nikka & her father glanced at the doorway to find Jonghyun carrying a plastic bag of his clothes for her.  He walked inside and locked the door, not before bowing to her father.  Tito waved back and smiled at the boy.

"You really do take good care of my daughter, huh?"  Jonghyun nodded without hesitation and smiled brightly at Nikka.

"Tito was here earlier right after you got checked up by the doctor and took your ballgown with him back home,"  he explained carefully and reached into the bag, pulling out the sneakers he gave her yesterday.  "Here are your shoes, though, along with socks and my clothes you can borrow."

Tito looked at Jonghyun closely.  "Now why would she wear your clothes when she has her own?"  he asked him sternly as he pointed out the clothes on the desk beside Nikka's hospital bed.

Jonghyun glanced at the clothes then back at Tito.  "It's a skirt."

"So?"

"Nikka hates to reveal skin too much sometimes.  Wouldn't you feel the same?"

Suddenly Nikka's father remembered his wife wanting to give the lingerie to his own daughter and shivered at the memory.

"Okay!  Okay!  I'm taking these clothes back,"  he surrendered and grabbed the clothes off the desk.  "Thank God I left the price tags and kept the receipt..."  he murmured before leaving, not before hearing the melancholic laughs from his daughter and her best friend for now.

Jonghyun faced Nikka and gave her his clothes.  "Go change in the bathroom quickly.  The doctor said you can come home right afterwards.  I already signed you out."  he said in Korean.  Nikka smiled and nodded before scurrying to the bathroom which was connected to her own room.

 

 

 

 

"Okay, I'm pretty sure you're either biual or hidden-deep-within-the-closet gay."

Jonghyun scoffed and slumped in the passenger seat as Nikka drove her car.  He can't help but stare at her as she was driving.  She was wearing his clothes along with the sneakers that he gave her as a birthday present.

While Nikka was unconscious earlier at the hospital, Tito had met up with Jonghyun and asked him to watch her at his hotel room and to quickly make her remember so he can call off the wedding and won't be stressed about it until a decade later.  Since Jonghyun already has his license and is over 18, he let him teach his daughter how to drive because she barely passed her written test the first time and gotten a permit for the next couple of months.

Thus, giving Nikka the chance to drive her first used car (Tito insisted on buying his elder daughter's first car) while Jonghyun guides her to drive.

..............and you, as the reader, probably got confused with Nikka's last statement earlier about Jonghyun being....yeah.

The conversation went on like this:

Jonghyun gave Nikka excellent pointers on how to do most things while driving to get where you are without bumping into anyone.  Surprisingly, Nikka found it relaxing and wasn't tense anymore behind the wheel.  After a few minutes of silence, Nikka remembered the kiss last night and confronted Jonghyun about it.  Jonghyun quickly made an excuse about being the skinship king, then Nikka called him a player.  Jonghyun denied it and said he expressed being close like that to Key, then that's when Nikka came up with the said conclusion above.

"I mean, how close were we?  Did you treat me as close as you did with Key?  Because I really looked up JongKey on the internet, and believe me - everyone thinks you guys should just get married!"  she joked.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes.  "Aish, Nikka, I obviously didn't give you the same treatment as I did with Key!" he retorted.

Nikka laughed aloud as she turned left to a familiar street to her.  "Kim Jonghyun, that means you are in love with Kim Kibum!"

He pouted as he noticed Nikka parking next to a random sidewalk and stopped the car.  "I'm not gay!"

"Then why on Earth did you find it calming to crossdress?"

"Because - I don't know!  It's a weird !  You used to love it!"  With that statement, his eyes widened and quickly shut his mouth.

Nikka stared at him strangely.  "I used to love it?  What, did I think it was ?"  Jonghyun slowly nodded and replied in a small voice, "You would.....dress up as a guy most of the time....like you are right now."

There was silence in the car until Nikka spoke up again.

"I still think you might be a little confused with your gender."

"Aish, I'm straight!  What do I have to do to convince you otherwise?!"

Nikka laughed.  "I don't know, kiss me?"  she teased as she was about to get out of the car.

But, Jonghyun grabbed her arm and pulled her back into the car.  He quickly reached over and pressed a button, locking all the doors.  Nikka's eyes widened at his actions.

"Jonghyun, wha - "  She felt sudden soft lips pressed upon her own chapped lips and a hand slightly pressing behind her neck, deepening the kiss.

Her eyes widened upon shock, but then she surprised herself by slowly closing them and kissing back, both of them tilting their head slightly to enter their tongues in each other's mouth.  Jonghyun grabbed her shoulders and pulled her towards him while she held onto his waist.  After about a long minute of an intense make out, Jonghyun slowly pulled away and gazed into Nikka's eyes.

"Don't you ever call your best friend gay, okay?" he whispered softly.  Nikka giggled.

"What?"

"That sorta rhymed, and you even said it in English!"

...............Both Jonghyun & Nikka started laughing as they relaxed in their seats for a bit, then wiped their mouths with tissue just in case before they both got out of the car.

 

 

 

 

"My parents aren't home because they had to go to the florist today, then they planned on going straight to San Francisco, because that's where the wedding will happen,"  Nikka explained as she read the calligraphic scribbles on the piece of paper attached on the fridge with a magnet.  "That's what mother wrote on here.  She also said that Connie will be staying at Tasha's for tonight, then her dad will drive them to the park tomorrow when one of her other friends will bring her to their house for a weekend sleepover."

Jonghyun gaped at the information.  "Well, thank God it's Friday, literally."  He looked around Nikka's house.  "So am I going to help you pack your stuff for the hotel or do I have to do it myself?"

Nikka chuckled.  "They'll be gone for the week, it says here.  After the weekend of staying with you at the hotel, I have to go back home here to take care of my sister, seeing as she's not going with our parents to San Francisco."  Jonghyun nodded and toured the familiar house.

After an hour of packing all her stuff, Jonghyun & Nikka stuffed the luggage in the trunk of her car and shut it.  They both climbed up and sat above the trunk, staring up at the sky.

Suddenly, a bunch of the neighborhood kids showed up, most of them being girls.  Jonghyun let out a genuine smile and hopped off the car trunk, now running after them in circles.  "Aigoo~  I'm gonna get you~!"  He cried out in a high pitch voice, not to mention in English.

Nikka laughed at his weirdness.  "Yah, you'll look like a pedobear, stop it - " then she felt a tug on her jeans.

She looked down to find one of the neighborhood boys, no older than 6, nibbling on a cake that he held in his hands.

She squealed.  "Aigoo~ look at you!  You're a mess!"  She quickly guided the boy to her car and opened the door to grab a tissue.  Then she bent down to his level and was about to wipe the mess off his face, but then the boy whined and raised the remaining huge piece of chocolate cake in his hand to her.

"I don wan it - you eat.  Yummy~"  he managed to say with a stuffed face.  Nikka chuckled and asked, "Are you sure?"  He nodded and guided the chunk of dessert towards her face.  "Ahh~" he gestured her.  She chuckled and guided the boy's small hand to , taking a huge bite of the delicious cake and leaving crumbs onto the asphalt.

She grumbled, "You'reluckshysthatshyou'rescutshand DatsI Havf A Bigmouthsh....." [You're lucky that you're cute and that I have a big mouth] with her still chewing and swallowing over the cake piece.  She cleaned the boy's face and let him off to play with his bubble toy gun.

She felt eyes staring at her and turned to find Jonghyun letting a girl down from his back and sending her off to play, eyes still fixated on Nikka.  He laughed loudly.

"Jeez, how are you cute even at the age of an adult?"  He asked cheekily as he came towards her and pulled her up.  He used his sleeve of his shirt to wipe the crumbs off of Nikka's face.  He noticed her blush but pretended not to.

"Nikka!  Look at us~"

Jonghyun & Nikka turned to see 2 little girls who are sisters dressed up in cute outfits.

Nikka's POV

Nikka glanced at the time on her phone.

7:40a.m.

Shouldn't they be here by now?! School starts at 7:50a.m.!

Her sister had already left to go to her locker with her friends, with each person walking close to her so her outfit won't look too revealing.

Finally, about a minute later, Onew walked outside with his costume with sneakers on.

Nikka's reaction: O___O

Then Minho followed right after wearing his costume with sneakers on.

Nikka's reaction: o_O

Taemin ran outside of the restroom, shouting out, "Hyung, let's give this to Connie right away!" He was wearing his costume while holding up a clear plastic bag, which Nikka saw what was contained in it.

Minho grabbed the bag from Taemin and locked eye contact with Nikka. "Where is she?" he asked.

"A-Around the back o-of the school buildings, w-where t-the l-lockers are...." she stuttered out. Before she could explain anything else, Minho ran out of the area and searched for Connie.

Taemin stood next to Onew and they started talking in Korean, which Nikka couldn't make out the language.

Damn, I gotta start learning Korean!

Meanwhile, Jonghyun and Key walked out in the most unexpected outfits with sneakers on.

Key was wearing the tiger outfit which Jonghyun wore on the Hello Baby show, and Jonghyun........ ironically wore the dinosaur one.

Nikka's reaction: ..........................PWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

She immediately stopped laughing as random students without costumes on walked by and snickered at her while pointing fingers. Nikka pouted a bit and looked down on the ground. With this reaction, Jonghyun had noticed and glared at the students.

"What are you looking at?! Huh?!" he yelled at them in English with an accent. The kids noticed his glare and ran off.

 

 

 

 

"Nikka?"

My eyes slowly opened and saw myself in a familiar room.  I slowly tried to sit up, but Jonghyun prevented me from doing so.

"Yah, yah!  Kang Wiseong!  You fainted in front of the kids and nearly scared them so I had to send them home and drive you over here at the hotel with your car.  Are you okay?  Don't get up!"  he worriedly told me.  I nodded and laid back down to rest.

A few minutes later, Jonghyun spoke up again.

"Do you... do you remember anything?" he asked me.

I looked up at him and slowly nodded.

His puppy eyes widened with interest as he sat beside me with his legs crisscrossed, scooting closer to me on the hotel bed.  He silently stared at me and patiently waited for me to say something.

...................................................... I slowly smiled at him.  "You're my guardian angel, you know that?"

He looked at me confused and tilted his head slightly, making a cute pout.

I giggled and suddenly felt uncomfortable while stiffling a yawn.  "What time is it?"

He frowned and answered  in a deadpan, "9:48p.m."

I gazed at him and said, "Do you still have our costumes from last year?  When you wore that dino pajamas while I wore the Hello Kitty one?"

His eyes suddenly sparked with interest as he nodded in delight.

"How about we wear them for tonight?"  I suggested.

He squealed like a fangirl and clobbered me in another heartwarming hug before hopping off the bed and skipping to what appears to be a hallway closet in a hotel room.  He came back with the animal pajamas and tossed the pink one to me.  I grabbed it in a prefect catch and went to the restroom to change.

After I got out, I giggled at my dino friend dressed up as a .....dino.  He looked up from analyzing his outfit and frowned.

"Yah, I know what you're thinking.  Stop that."  he ordered.  I pretended to zip my lips and toss out the key while climbing into bed.

Suddenly I felt the bed dip down beside me and I turn to find Jonghyun tucking himself underneath the blanket.  I raised an eyebrow at him.  "Yah, Kim Jonghyun, what are you doing?"

He looked up at me, smiled, and pulled me so close beside him.

He grabbed the blanket and managed to cover me with it.  Then he turned me so that my back was facing him and cuddled on my back.

Basically he was spooning me, with his right arm wrapped around my waist and his left arm as my extra pillow rest.

He kissed the back of my neck after moving my hair aside and then pulled my pajama hood over my head.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't blushing.

"Goodnight, babe." he whispered in my ear.

I felt too tired to say something back, so as a response I placed my right arm over his and held his right hand with mine, letting him cuddle me while I sleep.