His Heart Has Changed For The Better

Love Letter For You

After Nikka got out of the hospital, word got out that she has amnesia and now the whole media press focuses on her and support her future activities, which are temporarily being held hiatus.

Everyone was shocked to find "Kang Wiseong" [a.k.a.  Nikka] and SHINee's Almighty Key to be dating, but Lee Soo Man directly addressed the media to not force the past memories into her for possible brain damage.  So, the fans amazingly held back grudges against Nikka and wished for her recovery soon (and off Key).

3 weeks have passed by and Jonghyun became really close friends with Nikka like before when they were chatting through emails and letters.  Not once has Jonghyun opened the letter he stored away written by Nikka.  She wrote it before the crash, so he thought reading it now would be too soon.  For now, he was content into being close beside Nikka as her right hand man, even if he can't kiss her or be her boyfriend like before.

Ever since Amber found out Key and Nikka are dating, she immediately grew awkward with Key.  Key didn't know why at the moment, but he missed the feeling of being by her side.  It was harder to try to meet up with Amber because SHINee are now too busy to getting ready for the Japan debut right after the concert in London ended.

Meanwhile, Onew and Cheonsa announced their engagement live on television once in Japan.  It was in June and every fan in the world went crazy.  At first there was some fans against the marriage-to-be, but then a few days later everyone realized that the only one to put up with his "condition" and chicken obsession should be Cheonsa, so really, it was like she was an Angel sent to save people from more stress.  (Ahhh~ if only they all knew that Onew didn't really go GAGA over chicken.... ;] )

As for Taemin and Tasha, Nikka found out over the phone that Tasha dyed her hair back to black and accepted Taemin's webcam confession.  Tasha's strict father was surprisingly approving of the relationship (as long as Taemin keeps that innocent look when he's around him).

However, Nikka felt slightly surprised, since she doesn't remember, that Minho has a crush on Connie.  Since they're still just friends, Nikka threatened Minho that she'd cut certain areas of his body if he doesn't take care of her sister well.  Jonghyun laughed at Minho's scared expression, to which the tall boy reacted by chasing after his short hyung.

The worst thing didn't come yet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was June 13, 2011 when Nikka's mother called the SM Entertainment.

 

That was the day that Nikka was forced to fly back to America to at least graduate from high school because, apparently, she earned enough credits to graduate with the rest of her old classmates in a red robe instead of blue, which meant that she'd be graduating with honors.

 

And to make things worse, Key's parents have been informed that the arranged marriage will go back as planned since Nikka had amnesia due to the accident.

 

 

 

 

 

Key tried to fix the mess with his parents, saying that he doesn't deserve to be marrying her since he's the reason why she can't remember much things in her life anymore.  (Of course, this was a phone conversation while Jonghyun distracted Nikka by eating out at the park in cross gender disguises.)

"No, mom!..........*sigh* Does it look like I give a f*** about the marriage?..................Look, I can make a lot of money doing what I'm doing now!  What's wrong with that?!.....................AAARG!  GO F*** YOURSELVES!"  Key cussed loudly on the phone and hung up immediately, slamming the device onto the coffee table.

He sighed and rubbed the temples on his forehead.  I love her, but this is too much!  She can't remember a f***ing thing!  It's all my fault - Nikka shouldn't have agreed to the marriage!

Key immediately turned around as he heard the front door unlock.  Walking into the dorm were Jonghyun and Nikka.....or what looks like Junghee and Nikko, for all Key knows.

He watched Nikka laugh loudly and weirdly at a joke Jonghyun made, and he didn't miss the longing look his hyung had on her as she took notice of Key.

"Key!"  she spat out excitedly and ran towards him, engulfing him in a hug.  "Jonghyun took me to a park dressed like a freaking girl!  Can you believe that?!" she started laughing again, causing Jonghyun to pout.  Key smiled inwardly at her cuteness, despite her using no formalities when calling out their names.

"Yah!  Kang Wiseong!  Do I look that bad as a girl?!"  he shouted at her.

...............................................................................................

 

 

......................................O.O........................................................

 

 

..........................................................o.o.....................................

 

 

....................................................................................Key and Nikka bursted out laughing as they scanned the angry looking Jonghyun from head to toe.

Jonghyun suddenly whined like a girl and stomped his foot childishly on the ground.

"That's not funny~!  Stop making fun of me!!!!"  he shrieked in a high pitched voice.

That made Key and Nikka stop laughing and just stared at him.  The sudden quietness amongst the two made Jonghyun embarrassed a bit.  "W-what?" he asked while stuttering.

".......................................you know, he could really pass as a girl........."  Nikka started to say.

Key nodded in agreement.  "Yeah, hyung, you hid your muscles well and you look like an intimidating woman.  Yet cute at the same time....of course I pass as a woman, too, but only a diva one,"  he concluded, "and you're like a girl I would want to......." then he his lips and bit his bottom lip, eyeing Jonghyun playfully.

Nikka laughed until she clutched her stomach, especially after watching Jonghyun's freaked out reaction.

"YAH!  KIM KIBUM!  I'M NOT GAY!  STOP THAT!!!!!!!"  he wailed in fright as he ran to his and Minho's shared bedroom.

Key continued to giggle until he locked gazes with Nikka.  They both stared at each other until Key slowly leaned towards Nikka and kissed her lightly on the lips.  When he pulled back, he saw Nikka's face with joy and content.

The diva sighed mentally.  How come it doesn't feel good to be like this?  Isn't this relationship what I wanted in the first place?

He shook those thoughts out of his head and faced Nikka.  "Babe, your flight is tomorrow.  I'll join you on the 1st of July, okay?  You know how the debut's going and all,"  he explained to her.

She nodded in content and smiled at him.  "Okay, I'm already packed anyways.  Did you talk with your parents?"  she asked kindly.

He forced a smile for the oblivious girl in front of him and replied, "Yep, it went well.  The marriage has to be on August 25, though."

Nikka's eyes widened.  "This year?!  So soon?!"  she yelled out.

Key nodded.  "Sorry, I tried to reason with them but they think it's better to have the ceremony done right away before the inheritance of your mother's side goes away.....Nikka, I don't want my parents using you - "

Nikka shushed him with her finger.  "Relax, Key.  I'm with you, remember?  It's not like I'm planning to marry anyone else who isn't my boyfriend!"  She giggled and rolled her eyes at him while walking towards the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Key sighed with regret and turned towards the door.  He knocked on it and turned the knob, entering the room and finding Jonghyun still in a girl's dress and wig, sitting on the floor with his back against the wall.  He stared into whatever was ahead of him, as if he was distraught into thinking mode.

But Key can detect the obvious tears staining his face.

".........I'm sorry, Jjong.  I've been trying to back out of this situation, but I can't."

Jonghyun didn't make a move nor say anything.

Minho nodded and glanced up from his bed, his attention away from his book in his hands.  "This time it really isn't Key's fault, hyung."  He slowly turned to form a sitting position on his bed, planting his feet onto the floor and stared at Jonghyun.  "It's been almost 4 weeks and still Nikka hasn't remembered a thing about us, except for the fact that maybe we're famous idols.  She's still adjusting her newly found fame.  Also, the doctor says we can't pressure her or there will be brain damage.  Plus, Key's parents have always been as stubborn as Nikka's mother, and this was decided long time ago."

This time Jonghyun slowly nodded and glanced at Minho, then at Key.  He opened his mouth to say something, but it let out a croaking voice.

"Still....it hurts....it f***ing hurts...."  he silently sobbed and clutched his heart.

Key and Minho looked to him with pity and sorrow.  When one brother is sad, the others can feel it, too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 weeks later, Nikka sent photos by email to Jonghyun, since he became her #1 best friend.

Nikka is in America while SHINee are in Japan on June 22, 2011.

Before Key left for Japan, however, he managed to find a plain envelope addressed to Jonghyun from Nikka.

Remembering how their lives started with this together, he snuck it in his luggage and left to Japan with the rest of SHINee, with Jonghyun being clueless and forgetting about the envelope.

Now, it was already 12:30am and Jonghyun checked his email to find Nikka wrote to him.

Being the happy puppy that he is, he clicked on the email and read it to himself.  He assumed the rest of the members were asleep, judging by no complaints coming from Key about Onew's snoring.

 

To:  dinojjong_bling

From:  vj_swt_melody7

Yah!  How's my best friend?!  :D  For the benefit of a doubt, I am writing to you in Hangul!  Yes!  I can remember now!

Over here brang a few memories.....I think I remember being friends with you beforehand, but so far it only included the moment when we were at Eunhye's house.

.......yes, I remember.

Because on Grad Nite as my high school decided to send all senior classes to Disneyland, I found her hanging out with....other people.

It hurt, honestly, to not even say hello to me, but as I was starting to walk towards her, I stopped.

Like, literally, in the middle of the street of Disneyland park.

Because that memory of her birthday suddenly popped fresh into my mind.....then I realized why you never told me about her every time I asked about her.

You....stood up for me.  Thank you.

I'm glad to have you as a friend now.  :)

*ahem*  NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE AND GIVE YOU SOME PICTURES OF MY GRADUATION!!!! [insert imaginary images here]  You may spread these photocopies amongst your friends.  LoL

Oh, and tell Key I said hi and that I missed him! xDDDD

Too bad you guys can't come to my birthday debut~ here I'm turning 18 and I have to attend to a f***ing masquerade ball.....stupid mother.....

 

 

 

"......................I take it you want to go, yeobo?"

"HOLY S*** KEY!  WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"  Jonghyun shrieked as he felt Key's breath right behind his neck when he spoke to him.

Key glared at Jonghyun on the futon mattress.  "Shhhhh!"  He started whispering/hissing at him.  "You'll wake the others up!"

Just as he said that, as if on command, Taemin suddenly sprang up from his sleep and scanned his surroundings.

Jonghyun and Key froze in their spots, with Key on his knees towering over Jonghyun whose front was facing his as he himself laid still on the floor.

If anyone else were to look at them, they'd have assumed Key would dominate Jonghyun in a world full of love.....but let's not get to those JongKey pairing spazms.

But since Taemin was too sleepy to think properly, he found nothing interesting and fell backwards in automatic sleeping mode.

Both Jonghyun and Key sighed as the maknae started snoring.  Key stood up and lend out a hand to Jonghyun, which he accepted and slowly got to his feet as well.  The two boys crept quietly around the other members and manager sprawled out all over the floor and managed to get out of the hotel room they are currently staying in at Tokyo, Japan.

Once Key and Jonghyun were standing outside their hotel room, Key took out an open envelope and shoved it towards Jonghyun.  "I know you'll hate me for this, but you'll forgive me once you read it."

Jonghyun looked at it curiously then at Key, then back at the envelope.  He took out a handwritten letter in Korean.  That's when he realized something and glared at his diva friend in front of him.

"You read it first?"

Key scoffed.  "Yah, yeobo, you should thank me!  That was dated a month ago!  On our SHINeeversary!  Hurry and read~"  He ushered his best friend to start reading.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and began to read the letter:

 

Dear Jjong oppa,

             Here I am in Taiwan!  I'm staying in here for a bit, then going to Korea to film with Sekyung unnie for this movie project.  It'll be a Korean version of the Taiwanese show The Clue Collectors.  Tae will be my romantic lead, but don't worry!  We each have a different love of our own; I to you and Tae to Tasha!  Keke~

            Happy SHINeeversary!  It's the 3rd one, correct? ^^  Don't you remember the first time you got a letter from me?  It was a general fan letter though for all of SHINee to see, but you gave the effort to learn English and reply to me.  I thank you for that, because honestly I don't know how else we could've met and fallen in love with each other.

            No matter where we go and no matter where we are, just know that I love you and I know you feel the same way, too.  I still remember the 1st time we.....you know......and right about now you're probably blushing as well and thinking of yourself as a pedofile because of our ages, but I still love you.  No one else.

            As soon as you get this, I'd probably be busy with a schedule or a last minute emergency call - I'm still a student, you know.  ;)

                                                                                                                               I will never forget our love,

                                                                                                                                             Nikka

 

 

Jonghyun's POV

I cried.

I lost it and sobbed with my head facing down, not bothering to look up at Key.

He awkwardly coughed and said, "I'm stepping down."

 

 

 

My crying instantly stopped and my head snapped up to meet Key's gaze. 

Well that caught my attention.

"I honestly thought I'd at least try to be Nikka's boyfriend, but it's just.....the feeling isn't right, you know?"  he admitted.

I stared at him in silence for a while until he sighed and stared down at me.

"You gotta start acting like a man and take over the situation!  What ever happened to the man who wrote 'Juliette'?  That same man I know is a romantic person who will do whatever it takes to get the woman of his dreams."

Key pulled out another piece of paper and handed it to me.  I took it and observed it in my hands.

Ticket to Los Angeles?

"Now hurry the f*** up and pack up before someone realizes you're gone.  And by the way, you'll need to wear something flashy, but not too flashy.  Only for her eyes to see."  he briefly instructed me.

 

 

 

 

I looked up at him in awe and wonder.  Key smirked at me.

"Yah, you're not the only one she talks to online.  I happen to receive an invitation to the party, but I respectfully declined due to my parents not coming either for business matters.  Fortunately,"  he grinned.  "I took the liberty of having a substitute replace me as an for the birthday girl.  The theme is modern masquerade, by the way."

Key winked at me and walked back into the hotel.

I stared at his retreating figure as his words slowly digested into my brain.

So......he'll stop pursuing Nikka?

And he's helping me??

Suddenly Key popped back in front of me.  "By the way, I'm only helping you with the attire for the party.  Other than that, like helping her regain memories without force, you're on your own for that."  he warned me before popping back in the hotel room.

I smiled brightly and walked back inside the dark room.  "Yeobo~"  I cooed out lovingly.

"What?" 

"I love you~"

"Tsh, I love you, too.  You freaking dinopuppy."

"Can you two shut the f*** up?  I'm trying to sleep here!"

.....................................................................BONK!

"Yeobo?!"

"Onew hyung has died and resurrected Lee Jinki back to life - in other words, his alternate personality reappears, shocking the Almighty Key to death thus causing him to lie on the floor until an awaiting prince can claim his lips back to life."

"..........................grrrr...  what died and made you MC?"

"Ouch, no need to be a grouch, hyung."

"I think what Onew hyung's trying to say, Minho hyung, is that all of you are making noises and we need to sleep."

"............and if you THINK THAT I AM GOING TO BE KISSED BY ANYONE, YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN - "

CHU~!

".................................................................."

"................................................................."

".....................................well damn."

"SHUT UP, MINHO!"

"Aish, I did that just to shut you up, yet you - "

"SHUT UP, JJONG, OR I SWEAR TO GOD YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MEET YOUR FUTURE WIFE."

"...........................................................................................I love you, yeobo~"

"Wow, and people think I'm weird for liking chicken."

"Go to sleep, hyung."

"Yah!  Minho hyung!  You're the one who kept narrating how Key hyung has to - "

"WOULD YOU PLEASE ALL SHUT UP?!"

".........................................................Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........"

".............................................."

"Jjong, come to umma and I'll help you pack.  I got permission from Lee Soo Man and manager hyung, by the way, for your happiness."

"Coming, yeobo~"

".............................................."

"Banana milk~...................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................."

".............................................."

"Chicken here I come~.................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............CLACK!..........ZZZZZZ"

"..............................................oh God, what do you take me for, a zoo keeper for these youngsters?"