Getting Mixed Signals

Love Letter For You

Let's go back with Jonghyun, Key, and Nikka in America~

I've read the comments, and thank you all so much for subscribing! :)

*bows*

But seriously, just like the title, I'm getting mixed signals.

1 person told me it doesn't matter if I put Shin Sekyung in the story.

2 people say not to put her in, which can cause a disruption to the story.

And... now 1 person wishes to have Sekyung with Jonghyun in the end of the story, even though she's not in the story.

.............

Should I put Shin Sekyung in the story?

I know I already asked this twice, but I need to make a decision quickly!

Please help me out by commenting your opinions~!

Thank you for reading! *bows again*

Enjoy this update~!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikka's POV

Okay, we're now in San Francisco.

You'd think I'd jump up for joy, but no.  I just stared out at the window inside the car.

Why?

One:  Thanksgiving vacation with my family.  On mother's side.  They're nice people though. :)

Why is mother so bipolar from them? o_O  I'll never know. *sigh*

Two:  The car's atmosphere is awkward.  I'll let you know why.

Jonghyun is sitting on my right and Key is sitting on my left in the backseat.

Both my parents actually let Connie ride in the van that Edison's driving with the other members and cast crew.

I don't know why, but the atmosphere here is just too intense.  And too quiet.

Three:  We're filming one of the episodes (or two, depends on the director/producer) in San Francisco, so no break.

Four:  HOMEWORK.  MUST STUDY FOR EXAMS. O____O

Last week, Key oppa arrived here in America.

I understand Minho oppa being here, but Key oppa?

When I asked him why he was here, he simply said he missed the other members and that he missed me.  Awww~!  But the sad thing is - he left Onew oppa in Korea!

He ranted on about how Onew oppa is a big boy and that he's able to take care of himself, but knowing his 'sangtae', even Key oppa wasn't convincing himself of his own words.

So the rest of SHINee, Connie, Abby, Alana, Tasha, and I finally had time after school to call overseas to Korea.

 

No one's POV

 

Onew woke up in the morning feeling sleepy yet happy.  Last night's memories recollected in his thoughts as he looked beside him.  He smiled seeing Cheon Sa still in bed, snuggling against him.  He decided to sleep some more and wrap his arms around his girlfriend.

A few minutes later, Cheon Sa woke up to a phone ringing on the bedside table.  She suddenly remembered last night and blushed, then turned to wake up her boyfriend.

"Jinki-yah... Jinki!  Wake up!"  she alarmed Onew while shaking him.

"Hmm... 5 more minutes, babe...."  he murmured and snuggled closer to her.

Cheon Sa sighed and rolled her eyes, a small smile evident on her face.  "Yah, Lee Jinki, someone's calling."

"Mmmm... go answer it..." 

"Err... I would if you'd let go...."

"No."

"Jinki..."

"No."

"Then how am I supposed to answer the phone?  You know, it could be SM Entertainment calling."

Onew sighed and slowly got up from the bed.  He knows she has a point.  He slowly stood up, realizing that he was , and quickly searched for his boxers before picking up the phone and answering it.

"Hello?"

"YAH!  ONEW HYUNG!  ARE YOU OKAY OVER THERE?!  NO DAMAGE DONE AT THE DORM?!  NO ACCIDENTS WHATSOEVER?!"  Onew flinched and pulled the phone away from his ear.

"Key!  I'm not accident-prone, I'm just clumsy with my own body...."  Though half the time I actually hurt myself on purpose for laughs, but it's not like I'll tell them the truth...

"WHAT?!  THEN TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, HYUNG!"

"I am taking care of myself, Jonghyun."

"So nothing bad happened at our place then?"

"No - nothing bad happened, Taeminnie..."  Onew's eyes widened as he realized about the party and rushed to the door.  He opened the door to find a messy dorm and his manager passed out on the hallway floor.  Onew sighed in relief.

"Yah, hyung, why did you sigh?"  Uh-oh.

"Oh.  Um, I thought there was an intruder, but it's just manager hyung sleeping on the couch."

"Pabo, hyung.  Why would you think there'd be an intruder?"

"Key, Jonghyun, aish, never mind.  Just take care of our friends over there and behave."

"Don't worry, hyung.  I'll keep an eye on them."

"Good, Minho.  Thank you."  He heard a racket and some screeching noises, then a thud.  "Key, what did you do?"  he asked sternly.

"Err... nothing, hyung."  He heard laughter from girls (recognizable ones as their friends) and one specific giggle.  Eh, that giggle sounds like Nikka... I remember from our last visit she giggled like that.

"Behave, Kibum.  Bye, you guys!  Hwaiting~!"

"Hwaiting~!  Bye, hyung!"  Onew hung up right when he felt a pair of arms wrapped around his body.  He grinned and turned around to see a beautiful angel - Cheon Sa, her body wrapped in his blanket.

He pulled her closer to him and closed the door.  "Let's stay in and sleep some more, since we both have nothing to do today."  he suggested.  Cheon Sa smiled and nodded as Onew leaned in to kiss her.

 

back to the Thanksgiving vacation in America

Nikka's POV

After the awkward ride, we finally arrived at one of my aunt's houses.  Daddy slowly parked at the front of the house, and as soon as the engine stopped, the 3 of us at the back of the car quickly scrambled out the door to avoid any more awkwardness.

The 3 of us stretched together and we shouted out the 1st things that came to our minds.

Mine was:  "OHMYDAMN!  I GOTTA TAKE A LEAK!"

Jonghyun oppa's was:  "MAN, SO DO I!"

Key oppa's was:  "WHAT THE F***?!  IT'S ING COLD OUT HERE!!!"

So now we were basically freezing ourselves while holding our pee in.  We had to wait for the van to find us and walk altogether inside the huge house.

 

5 hours later......

 

After the boring greeting amongst the family (boring to me, Connie, and Tasha - ah, yes, she came, too), we finally escaped to our destination, which is the diner nearby the San Francisco Bay Bridge.

Right before we changed into our outfits for the show, a thought occured to me as I rechecked the script.

"Um....yo, director?"  I spoke to the director/producer. [This conversation is in Chinese, since they're filming a Taiwanese show.]

"Yeah?"  He responded and looked up at me from whatever he was doing.

"Shouldn't Jonghyun and Taemin's names be in their stage Chinese names instead of just Jong Hyun and Tae Min?"  I asked as I showed him the names on the script.

He studied the script carefully and noticed the subtle change.  "Ah!  Well, for Taemin's name, although in here it's spelled Tae Min, it was pronounced Tai Min in the show anyways, so we don't have to refilm. Ah~ thank you, Yu Di, for checking this out!"  he cried out.  He squished me into a hug and quickly let go before advancing towards the rest of the crew.

"Everyone!"  He got everyone's attention.  "We don't have to redo Tai Min's part, but I think everyone should look into their scripts and reedit Jonghyun's name from Jong Hyun to Zhong Xuan.  Everyone okay with that?"  Everyone nodded and quickly checked into their scripts.

The director/producer went to Jonghyun oppa and patted him in the back - harder than he thought, but I don't think he noticed. (Poor oppa.)

"Hehe~ almost made a huge mistake there - and right before filming your part!  Better thank Yu Di there~!  She pointed out the mistake.  Hehe my bad!"  he exclaimed and just left us there standing in the cold nearby the diner.

Jonghyun oppa watched him leave, then turned to stare at me.  Oh wow, that smile's gonna blind me to death!

He walked closer to me and gave me a warm hug.

I felt butterflies in my stomach.  What the hell is this feeling?  I could feel my cheeks blushing....

Then he whispers in my ear in Chinese, "Thank you, Nikka.  You must really care about me, huh?"

"Uh...um...uh..." Damn!  Why the f*** am I stuttering?!  "Anytime!  We're best friends, right?  Of course I'd care about you!"

Jonghyun's POV

My smile faltered a bit as I hear her say those words.  Ahh~ of course, she doesn't know how I feel about her.  And she obviously thinks of me as her best friend/pen pal.

Nonetheless, I faked a smile and pulled back from the hug to look at her.

....WHAT.  IS SHE BLUSHING?!

YES!!!  THAT MEANS SHE LIKES ME, RIGHT?!

Just in case, I checked behind me and anywhere around us to see if she was looking at someone else, which caused her to blush.

.....nope.  All clear!  THERE'S A POSSIBILITY THAT SHE LIKES ME!!!!

Suddenly I heard a SNAP! noise behind me.  I turned around quickly and glanced at a guy running away with a camera.

That guy looks familiar.....

"Umm.... Oppa?"  Omo~ that heavenly voice!  I turned to look at her shivering.

"Omo~ Nikka!  Why didn't you tell me you were cold?!  Come here!"  I pulled her into my arms and continued hugging her until -

 

"YAH!  WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY YEOBO~?!"

 

Goddammit Key!  You ruined the moment!

I reluctantly let go of Nikka's embrace but held her hand in mine.  "Let's go before Key umma kills me."  I joked.

Nikka giggled and nodded her head, walking beside me as we faced the wrath of Key Umma.

Why does he look so pissed?

Random thought went through my head - more like a past vision.

.....uh-oh.

That guy earlier is the same boy who kept taking pictures of me and Nikka everywhere we go.

He was at Eunhye's house party.

He was at the Sunday Halloween party.

He was at Nikka's school.

Where else has he been, and why is he here following us? o_O

Key's POV

I see Jjong hyung distracted with something on his mind.  I'd ask about it, but I'm more focused on something else.

Well, I don't know, like maybe HIS HAND INTERTWINING WITH NIKKA'S HAND?!

OH HELL NO!!!

As soon as Jjong hyung got even more distracted with the stylists dragging him with them to fix him up for the show, I used the opportunity to link arms with Nikka.

"Let's go, Nikka!  The director/producer let me be your stylist because I've got the best fashion sense~!"  I smiled at her and dragged her over to where she'd be changing along with a rolling rack of clothes.

She looked confused and lost at first, but shrugged it off as she smiled back at me.  Omona~ you don't know how much I love her smile!

 

After 15 minutes....

 

"Nikka~!  Come out already!"

"Shut the f*** up!  I'm not coming out in this!"

"What?!  You dare talk back to the Almighty Key?!"

"You people promised that I get to wear my own style of clothing after my character kills off Tai Min's attacker!"

"Your character's style is supposed to change in a slow process, so deal with it!"

"Ugg!  Fine!  It's the only thing covering me from the f***ing cold anyways!"

"Stop swearing and come out, fata**!"  I gasped and immediately covered my mouth.

Sure I've been rude to her, but this crosses the line.  Plus, what if she remembers me?!  I'd be happy but sad at the same time - oh God, please don't let her kill me!

"Wait - what did you call me?!"  Oh s***!  I'm dead!

Nikka opened the door and slammed it against the wall with great force.  Before I could think about my doom, I couldn't help but stare at her....

Nikka's hairstyle for now

Key's choice of clothing for Nikka

"Nikka, you look amazing!"  I blurted out.  That seemed to surprise her a bit, I'm hoping that she forgets what I said earlier...

"Um...t-thanks, oppa...."  she stammered and blushed.  Omo~ she's so cute!

And yes!  She seemed to forget!

After escorting her outside the diner and walking towards the official location where the crew will be filming, I just realized something.

They're about to film the scene where Yu Di (Nikka) accidentally meets Zhong Xuan (Jjong hyung) by fate.  And don't they only have cute and romantic scenes together?

Oh, f*** my life. :P

I gotta step up my game!