10-10-10 Surprise~

Love Letter For You

The day came in Korea when SHINee maknae's Lee Taemin's plan would be in effect.

It was 6:57a.m., and finally SHINee finished performing and recording last night, so they were able to spend the rest of their very early morning to pack for the 8a.m. flight to Los Angeles, America.

Surprisingly, Jonghyun and Taemn were the first ones to wake up and shake the others awake as well.  They were also the first ones to finish packing up.  Hyper much?

Onew and Minho reluctantly packed their bags due to lack of sleep.  but for Key, it was different.

He already packed up after Jonghyun and Taemin had for the trip, but he was still amazed how the manager easily agreed for them to go to America.

Why can't I stay here?!  Aish - manager just wants a vacation away from us~!  ......what will happen once Nikka sees me?  I don't think she recognizes me.... what about her parents?  Oh boy, I left my last impression leaving my parents after hearing about the arrange marriage.  I hope they're not mad at me..... what should I do now -

"Key?"  called out Jonghyun as he noticed Key sitting on the couch with a stern expression on his face, but at the same time full of wonder and regret.  Key heard Jonghyun and looked up to see him, immediately flashing a smile at him.  Jonghyun doesn't buy it one bit, but Taemin already announced that it's time to go to the airport.

Jonghyun continued to think about spending more time with his penpal, because he simply liked her presence everytime he's in America.  Unknowingly to everyone, Key followed them slowly and trailed behind, still thinking about his ideal girl.

Nikka.... if I never ran away, would I somehow imprint your heart like how you did to mine?  Will you ever get to know me closer than Jonghyun hyung has right now?

 

Back in the U.S. --> October 10, 2010

 

Nikka's POV

Morning came as I woke up early to get ready.  I glance on my left and frown at Connie.  Aish~ this b**** is too sleepy to get up!

I sat up on my bed and studied my surroundings.  Mother was going on Facebook on the computer.  I slowly stand up, mumbling, "Happy anniversary." then giving her a hug.  She gave one back, and it honestly felt too awkward for me.

I don't like skinship, but how is it that I do when I'm around my friends? o_O

I rushed to the bathroom and did my business there.  Afterwards, I pick my clothes quickly to wear for the day.  Aha!  I've found it! :D

pants   shirt   shoes

I rushed to the shower.

After I changed, I got outside to brush my hair and immediately Connie rushes in with a look of sleep still lodged into her brain.  I stifled a chuckle and glance at the living room. 

Perfect, my Daddy isn't here.  Mother's still on the computer.

I opened the front door and left the screen door locked until those SHINee boys come.  I smiled to myself but regained composture when someone came out of the restroom.  I gaped at my sister wearing  THAT.

"Really?"  I ask her.  She doesn't usually dress up - ah, Minho and Onew are coming.  =___=

She looks at me from head to toe and raises an eyebrow.  "Really?" she asks back.

Then a knock was heard at the door.  We both turn our attention to 5 boys grinning at us from behind the screen door.

i jump over the couch and ran towards the screen door to open it.  Unfortunately, the knob was stuck. -__-

Connie rolled her eyes and took charge of the screen door.  With some fumbling, she managed to open the door. =__= I'm pathetic.

The SHINee boys all laughed and walked into the living room.  I took in their features:

Onew   Minho   Taemin   Jonghyun   Key

"........wow......." was all I could say.  That's when I realized I was the only one not wearing something semicasual - my outfit was boyish. -__-

I noticed Jonghyun oppa and Key oppa staring at me, but with different looks.

Jonghyun oppa looked at me with a bright smile on his face, which made me feel somewhat weird inside.

Key oppa stared at me with a study gaze, continuing to look from head to toe.  I raised my eyebrow at him.

"What?  Don't like what you see?"  I .  He snapped out of his gaze and was about to say something, but closed his mouth.  Then he opened his mouth again, this time with a different expression.

"Isn't this an anniversary surprise?  We're going to a restaurant, remember?"  Connie and I glanced at each other and looked back at him.  We both nodded our heads.

He sighed and continued on. "Well shouldn't you be changing into something more elegant?" he asked with an arrogant tone.

My mind snapped.  He reminds me of someone..... I brushed of the feeling, but still irritated at him as I turned to Jonghyun oppa.

"Is he always acting like this?"  I asked him.  Key oppa jumped in. "Like what?"

"Like a diva!"  I spat at him. Jonghyun oppa laughed and nodded, but stopped immediately when Key oppa glared at him.

 

Key's POV

One glance at the house and I know already where we were.

At Nikka's house.

Sure, I've never come here with the rest of the members, but I know this place before.

With one last gulp of air, I remained my composture as I saw Nikka's figure trying to open the screen door.  It seems she's really struggling.  Should we go at the back door?

All of a sudden, Connie comes out of nowhere and opens the screen door easily. -__- Fail for Nikka.

All 5 of us walked in the house with smiles on our faces - my eyes widened at Connie's outfit at first, but then they drifted towards Nikka.  Really?  Casual outfit to a restaurant?  Gotta admit, though, she's still pretty like before.

"What?  Like what you see?"  I snapped out of it and realized Nikka was teasing me.

 

"Isn't this an anniversary surprise?  We're going to a restaurant, remember?"  Connie and Nikka glanced at each other and looked back at me.  They both nodded their heads.

I sighed and continued on. "Well shouldn't you be changing into something more elegant?" I asked, trying to sound as diva-like as possible.  No, it's not to gain attention from her..... okay, maybe it is.

Nikka blinked twice as she heard my tone.  She looked like she was remembering something - omo~!  Was she gonna remember me?  I felt happy but scared at the same time as she put on an irritated look and faced Jonghyun hyung.

"Is he always acting like this?"  she asked him.  "Like what?"  I jumped in.

"Like a diva!"  she spat at me. Jonghyun hyung laughed and nodded, but stopped immediately when I glared at him.

I continued to clutch onto the mini object in my pocket, which reminded me of Nikka.  Breath, Key, breath.

I decided to act like a diva and walk further into the house.  Nikka and Connie followed suite, as did the rest of the members.

"Key oppa, what are you doing?"  Connie asked me.  I ignored her and strode into the bedroom on the right in the hallway, finding a middle aged woman on the computer.

The woman who was skeptical yet accepted the marriage proposal my parents set out for her and her husband.

I faked a smile and greeted, "Hello~!" to her and found the closet beside me.  I checked inside it to look for something Nikka could wear.  I could feel the gaze from that woman - oh, God, I hate her!  I remember she mentioned me being her ideal son-in-law.  She seems to be in shock that I'm here after all these years.

 

Minho's POV

Once Key laid eyes on Nikka, I could already tell he knew her from before, but where?

Gosh, I hate being the observant one.  You'd think it'd be Key, but no.  He only studies fashion. -__-

Everyone else is dense around me.  Really? =__=

Nikka, I've noticed, she blinked and for  second was familiar with Key but brushed it off.  Suddenly Key acted all diva, Jonghyun hyung laughs, Key glares at him, and then he strodes into the bedroom with everyone following him.

Rude much?

I shook my head and followed them into a bedroom where a middle aged woman was doing something on the computer.  She looked dressed up - I guess the plan is working.

The plan was that Connie and Nikka would have to tell their parents that they saved up enough money to take them out to dinner.  We're the ones actually paying to go to the Korean barbeque grill restaurant in another city nearby.  Taemin planned the whole romantic setting and everything.  After a nice family reunion, the rest of us would be able to leave them be and go somewhere else fun! (according to Taemin)

Before Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung, and Taemin enter the room, I push them out into the hallway.

"Remember the plan?  Go organize now!"  I whispered to them.  They panicked and head out of the house and into the car that Onew hyung rented.  After watching them leave, I went into the bedroom to find Tita (she told us to call her that) staring at Key, as if she recognized him.  Is there a connection here?

Meanwhile, Connie was explaining to her mom why me and Key are here (not the surprise, obviously), making up excuses as she rambles on.  Nikka was too busy dejecting whatever Key held out for her to wear.

Aish, that diva......

 

No one's pov --> at the restaurant

 

Nikka grumbled as she entered the restaurant with her family.  Why?

This was her outfit that Key AND HER MOTHER made her wear:  Nikka's thoughts "STUPID MOTHER!"

Key and Minho trailed behind to check if everything was clear.  Once they entered the restaurant, they watched the old couple in awe towards their surroundings.

"I haven't been here in a long time!"  Tita exclaimed loudly.  Tito nodded in reply and smiled at his wife.

Suddenly, the lights turn off.  Tita panics as Tito panics as well because his wife is clinging onto him too tight.

Once the lights go back on, the two were shocked at what was in front of them.

A big cake which read HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and were held by Key and Minho.  Taemin held onto the balloons, Onew smiled while standing beside Taemin on the side, and Jonghyun stood next to Nikka.

"SURPRISE!  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY~!"  they all cried out in joy.  Tito & Tita were so pleased with the kind gestures, but then after getting hugs from everyone, they noticed something.

"Where's Connie?"  Tito asked.  Everyone looked around them and just shrugged.  That's when they heard someone eating in one of the table booths.  Everyone turned to look at Connie munching on meat and sushi.

Connie felt the sudden silence and looked up to see her family and friends awkwardly staring at her.  She stopped munching, but there was still food in .  She looked like a chipmunk.

She smiled proudly, shouting, "Happy Birthday, Mom and Dad~!"  then continued eating.  Laughter erupted in the restaurant.