Words of Encouragement

Love Letter For You

Nikka's POV

5:33 p.m. in Seoul.  I sighed as I glanced at the mirror in front of me.  It took a long while for the stylist 'noonas' to put makeup on me.  I sorta gave them a hard time for even calling them noonas when I'm a girl myself and refused to put on skimpy outfits and makeup at all.  In the end, I trusted Amber and Key oppa to help me with that.  The stylists got frustrated and started working on Minho.  All 3 of us in the dressing room laughed once we heard Minho oppa yelp for the first time.

Amber kept smiling as she tried looking for an outfit for me, but it seemed so sad when I peeked at the mirror.  Meanwhile, Key oppa carefully dabbed a few touches of natural looking makeup on me.  "You should know that my ideal girl is you, so relax I won't change a thing from you."  he told me as he added the finishing touches and lightly pecked my forehead with his lips.

I saw from the corner of my eye that Amber's face had a hint of a painful expression, like she's suffering from something emotional...

And OH.  MY.  GOD.   I GET IT NOW.

AMBER LIKES KEY OPPA.  O.O

...............MUST TELL JONGHYUN OPPA TO HELP SET THEM UP!

That way, they'll just publicly say to the world that they fell in love with each other and I get to be with Jonghyun oppa! xD

I sighed as I pushed that thought in the back of my mind.  Right now I need to worry about the stage that I'd have to perform in a half hour with Minho oppa.  Afterwards, that's when Lee Soo Man and Rain sunbaenim will publicly explain to the media in a meeting with me, Key oppa, and Minho oppa that Key oppa and I are dating.

Aish, I still can't believe most fangirls already accepted our rumored relationship starting this morning!

I checked my watch once again and sighed deeply.   I need sweets.

Looking down at my bag beside me, I bent down and ped it, surprised as I pulled out a plain envelope.  Cautiously, I checked around the room to see if there's no one around in the dressing room.  Pretty much, everyone's occupied into something.  Key oppa and Amber left just now to go argue about how much makeup to put on themselves.

Diva versus Tomboy.  $10 on Amber winning the discussion.

Anyways, my focus went back to the envelope in my hands.  I opened the envelope and unfolded the white paper inside of it.  There, I began to read my love letter:

 

Dear Nikka,

               Ugggh!  Why must I write in English again?!  But then again, love knows no boundaries.  kekeke~ Yah, you're lucky I've been learning English last year, remember? ^^  Sweetie, here's a chocolate bar that I know will end up your favorite in Korea.  ;)  I know how nervous you are right now - hwaiting~!  *pumps fist in air*  I'll be watching your performance from afar; S.M. The Ballad is performing, too, so watch also.

                Seriously though, same here.  I'll miss being beside you with all my heart.  <3  It just to know that I can't hold hands with you in public like I wanted to before.  It's because of this issue now we can't be together forever.  I wish we could just go back and rewind time to replay all those memories we shared together before this happened.  We were so happy and free then. 

                Music used to be my first priority - and now you're tied with it.  Hey, what's wrong with being cheesy?  Don't you like being romantic?  I know I've said this last night, but I want to say this again:

I LOVE YOU.

Aren't you glad I bursted into that door and showered you with kisses? ;) kekekeke~  Anyways, just eat your chocolate now.  I know your voice is so special that even chocolate won't ruin your vocals like it does for everyone else.  Ah, the same applies for cold water, which is also in your bag.  Go check.

This is a pretty good idea, to write like we did the first time we met each other by letters.

Good luck~ hwaiting!

I will find you at midnight tonight in my room.  Relax, Minho will cover for you in your room, and we won't be doing anything past cuddling, okay?  I'll take care of you.

                                                                                                                                                           Yours eternally,

                                                                                                                                                             DinoPuppy

P.S.=We should really come up with nicknames so that if these letters were ever found, no one would know who we actually are and we won't get into trouble with the companies.

 

I snacked on the chocolate bar he gave me along with chugging the water bottle I found in my duffel bag.  I hid the letter in the deep end of my bag and got ready for the performance.

Taking in my appearance in the room, I gotta admire Key oppa and Amber for helping me.  I wore Amber's style of pants, shirt, boots, jacket, and even a hat for later.  Key oppa only used Nana's B stuff on my face (I can't help but think he's advertising) but at least he styled my hair nicely.  He also gave me hazelnut eye contacts to use instead of my glasses.

I breathed in and out, walking out of my dressing room.

Jonghyun's POV

, I hope she got my letter.

Did she eat okay?  Is she panicking right now?  What if she messes up and people embarrass her for it?  Is she going to back out at the last minute?  IS MY YEOBO GOING TO ATTACK MY GIRLFRIEND?!?!

......okay, pretty obvious I'm mostly focusing my worries on one detail.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to find Jino beside me.  "Hyung, are you looking for, er, Wiseong-sshi?"  he asked me.

I nodded and looked back at the stage.  Jino and I are hiding away backstage, somewhere a good close to the stage so we can watch the performances.  I'm only here for Minho & Nikka's performance, then I'll have to be warming up for S.M. The Ballad's performance.  Thank God Jay hyung is here!!!

Suddenly, I see Nikka on the other side of the stage, backstage corner.  The PDnims are preparing her with mics and such, but all I could look at his her beauty.  I felt Jino's hand pat my shoulder.

"Hyung, it seems you got yourself a keeper.  She's looking back at you."  he pointed out.  I looked directly into her eyes.  Once we made eye contact, Nikka immediately smiled at me.  I smiled back and waved.  She did the same and pumped her fist in the air.

I silently laughed and copied the movement.  Then, looking around to see if the coast is clear, I made a heart shape from my hands and placed it over my chest.  Nikka's eyes widened and quickly checked to see if anyone was looking.  She then copied the movement and threw a flying kiss in the air, randomly kicking it at me like it was a soccer ball.  I caught it like a goalie and accepted the kiss.  Even Jino laughed at our silly antics.

All of a sudden, we all heard the MC shout, "Ladies and Gentlemen, let's introduce a special stage performance from SHINee's Choi Minho and a special rookie from J. Tune Entertainment AND SMent, Kang Wiseong!!!"

special stage starts: ~~~~

Minho walks from the left side of the stage and starts singing:

You think I'm so full of it, full of it
But I think I'm just fed up, baby
You think I can be so arrogant, arrogant
But I'm just tryna keep my head up, baby
You think I procrastinate baby
But I think I'm taking my time
You think you need to leave
But I think I disagree but

If you believe you'll do best without me
I'll let it go girl, it's over
But before we say goodbye
Let's give it a try
If you leave, then baby I'll leave
I'll let it go girl, it's over
But I have no doubt
We can work it out yeah

 

Wiseong (Nikka) comes from the right side of the stage while singing, making fans in audience shocked and confused all at once.  For once, none of them threw anything at her or tried to scare her off like they did to Sekyung when she and I were dating.

I think you're so full of it, full of it
You just don't know when to let up baby
I think you're so arrogant, arrogant
But you think you're so much better baby
That I think it aint dealt before me to judge you by your flaws and that's why
No I could criticize, but I put that aside
To focus on you and I

But if you believe you'll do best without me
Then I'll let it go boy, it's over
But before we say goodbye
Let's give it a try
If you leave, then baby I'll leave
I'll let it go boy, it's over
But I have no doubt
We can work it out yeah
 

Suddenly both of them look away from each other and pulled out caps from their blazers.  The heck?

Now if you wanna go, baby
Then I'll let you go
And even though I'm tryna hold on
I can't if you don't

[insert Minho's rap here]  (Author's Note:  I don't know the translation of Minho's rap, therefore I will not type out what Wiseong will rap.)

[insert Wiseong's rap here]

My eyes widened and jaw dropped at Nikka.  She didn't tell me she was going to rap also?!  This is so creative of them!  Thank you, Minho!

No, now if you leave me, you're gonna miss me
and I'm not saying that I'll be here waiting
Since we here right now (instead of just walking out)
Let's work to reach the point that I know we can be...

 

After the refrain, the song slowly ended and Minho & Nikka turned at the same time and left, just like that.  They threw the hats to the audience beforehand, causing many fangirls to scream.

"Yah!  Jonghyun-ah!"  someone called out from behind me.  I turned and looked to find Kyuhyun running towards me.  "Jonghyun let's go warm-up!  Our performance is right after Rain's Love Song!"

"So when is Rain's Love Song going to play?"  I asked.  I asked too soon.  -_____-

Guess who just started singing now onstage?

At least we're cool.  He called me, telling me he understood how I felt after how many numerous times I had apologized to him this morning.

Nikka's POV

Hey! I’m gonna tell about this, this story about “love” of men

Yeah Yeah My baby baby

Hot Times When I wake you up All my life time having only you is enough

No matter if I’m shaken up, if I’m given an ordeal, it’s only a confirmation, that only you can be my girl

I’m tired of reality, even if it bumps into me, even if I try to fight against it, the world of this guy isn’t easy at all

Because I’m a guy, I have to suppress everything, have to bear every everything I don’t wanna be there

I’m lonely and sometimes scared without me even knowing the reason

I’ve changed when I meet you, I’m not afraid or hurt anymore

Every day I live in expectation. Because it’s you, it’s okay to me Hey girl, listen!

Hot Times When I kiss your lips, my heart all turns into ash

Even though everything turned white the whole night, I’m still in a thirst, so I couldn’t stop

Hot Times when I wake you up All my life time having only you is enough

No matter if I’m shaken up, if I’m given an ordeal, it’s only a confirmation, that only you can be my girl

I’ve gradually become afflicted with only you. Even though my two eyes are blind, I would be able to recognize you any time

Because your scent and (Do you know) Your *body* heat (What I’m sayin’) will fill up this space

I don’t like adonizing, I want to be honest, as long as it’s by your side, being a servant is fine to me

Even if they tease me as a fool I’ll promise you, I’ll stay with you, No matter what my reason(is) baby

Hot Times When I kiss your lips, my heart all turns into ash

Even though everything turned white the whole night, I’m still in a thirst, so I couldn’t stop

Hot Times when I wake you up All my life time having only you is enough

No matter if I’m shaken up, if I’m given an ordeal, it’s only a confirmation, that only you can be my girl

[Rap]
The countless time together with you, we give and get so many kisses

Let us never break up, definitely never be torn apart

Don’t ever do things like walking through Deok su gung stone-wall path (*), don’t open your eyes halfway while we kiss

Don’t walk around with the pinkies entwined, our beautiful love really hates testing

Yeah Yeah Yeah My baby

Even though you’re by my side, I’m still missing you. The thought of only you makes one side of my chest smarting

Your crying at my words “I love you”, standing by me while believing in me, it’s love

Hot Times When I kiss your lips, my heart all turns into ash

Even though everything turned white the whole night, I’m still in a thirst, so I couldn’t stop

Hot Times when I wake you up All my life time having only you is enough

No matter if I’m shaken up, if I’m given an ordeal, it’s only a confirmation, that only you can be my girl

[Rap]
Don’t ever do things like walking through Deok su gung stone-wall path (*), don’t open your eyes halfway while we kiss

Don’t walk around with the pinkies entwined, our beautiful love really hates testing
Yeah

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened at their performance.

Man, S.M. The Ballad is awesome!

Deok su gung stone-wall path?  Legend has it that lovers who walk this beautiful and romantic path together will eventually break up.   Wait, what if Key oppa and I walk through the path?  Hehe~ that'll be a quick reason for us to break up!  I'll write about this plan to Jonghyun oppa later...