Chapter 2: 3 Weeks Later...

Love Letter For You

Nikka's POV

Yep, it's my birthday.  Yipee.

I'd be happy, but I'm not.

Why?

Because Michael Jackson died on this day, and another famous actress as well, but I forgot her name. :(  May their sould rest in peace.

That's not the only reason.

I've been worried over deadlines for college and scholarship applications.  School just ended for me here in America, and I'm about to become a senior in high school.  Which means fear of getting senioritis.

If you don't know what senioritis means, look it up.  I'm too lazy to give you details.

....wait, is this also a symptom for senioritis?! NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I WANNA GO TO A UNIVERSITY!!!

So... *ahem* there's also one more reason why I'm depressed on my birthday.

It's my 17th birthday.

In Korea, I'd be 18 years old by now.

Ever since my 7th birthday party from my huge family, I've never been given a special recognition like that.  Ever.

Right now I'm having a blast.  This is called sarcasm.

My parents drove me and my little sister to the Korean BBQ Garden restaurant that I've always loved when I was little.  We rarely go there nowadays because of economic prices.  The place is freakin` expensive, ya know?

After we were done taking pictures and dining, (my mother is a camera ... -__-) my father gave my full cash of $300.  O.O Did I mention I'm always the Daddy's girl in the family?  He knows how much I tend to shop for rare items with a fancy price, thus started my hobby to collect money.  How much you wanna bet that my mother will be asking me to borrow some cash?

I'll make you a bet - $300.

Because I may need $300 in the future. Heh.

Afterwards, we went home and my mother told me to check the mail and water the plants.  I obeyed and went behind the garage, looking for our family mailbox.

Funny how there's no cake on my birthday.

Last year they had a pink gelatin in the shape of a cake. =___=  I hate pink.  Too girly. *shivers*

I check the mailbox and there's nothing but bills and such.  My name was in a few of them.  I gave the ones that didn't have my name on it to my father as he was watching horse racing on T.V.  My mother yelled at me from the bedroom, reminding me to water the plants.  I walked past my sister to the back door.  She was eating again. =___= I swear, that girl loves chicken too much.

I go out the back area of the house and check my mail on top of the table outside to check my mail.  I quickly open each mail and briefly inspect through each message, nothing but college reminders and such financial aid confirmations.... boring, yes, but I have to pay attention to these things now.

Suddenly one package was labeled with HANDLE WITH CARE.  How come I never noticed before?

Oh yeah, it looked special, so I saved it for last.

Gotta water the plants first.

But before I do that, I gotta hide the package.  My family can sometimes be a bit nosy when it comes to mailed packages.

I looked around, then hid it in one of the shelves inside the garage.  Then, I went out to quickly water the plants with the garden hose.

 

about an hour later~

 

My father went out to buy groceries and water as my mother had to tutor these little annoying kids ON MY BIRTHDAY. -__-

*sigh*  Oh well, not like I'm important or anything.

These kids weren't sooo annoying... just this one kid.  He's known as a jerk at his school.  I feel so bad for the people around him.  Frankly, he creeps me out and almost gave my mother a heart attack TWICE. -__-

.......they're in my house.  That's the worst part.

When I checked to see if the coast was clear (my sister was busy helping my mother reprimand the kids.......), I pulled out the package and quietly scurried to my room.  I landed on my huge bed and carefully opened the side of the rectangular package.

In it were nothing but bubble wrappings, a letter, and a DVD inside a plastic case.  Huh.  The address seems familiar....

*gasp* OHMYCHICKEN THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING.

I reread the letter over and over again, still not believing that it is what it is:

 

Dear Nikka,

              Hey, glad to know you like us! :) Though you never mentioned in the letter, are you a boy or a girl? Kekeke~ this is in no offense.  I've been learning to read and write in English - Minho and Key had to help me.  Because of my effort,  you need to suffer as well and learn Hangul with your sister! Kekeke~ just joking!  I won't pressure you there. ;)  Aish, the trouble with snail mail is that you never know when the letter will actually arrive at the approximate date or not.  I hope that you read this in time of your birthday.  Our time zones are different, since you're in America, so it's hard to keep track.

              I'm thankful that you're one of those rare fans who mostly judge us based on our music, and not by our looks. :)  Words cannot be expressed at how I feel when I read your letter.  It was like a chance for me, since lately I've been a bit bored and depressed here in Korea.  Do you know I have an empty schedule until July?!  Your letter somehow lifted my spirits and urged me to do something besides sulking, so thank you. :) *bows*

              I noticed you mentioned your birthday here, so I took the liberty of counting from Taemin's birthday and find out exactly when your birthday was on.  Michael Jackson's cool and all, but you were born on that day, so I guess your birthday never went too well after last year?  Hope you have a wonderful birthday~  watch the DVD I sent you as well. ;)

               Oh, and please reply back in Hangul.  I'd love to read your writing.  It's clear and cute. :P  Also, I'm not used to reading in English.  Hehe~  By the way, I'm honored to know that you idolize me??  Wow, that's cool! :)  Oh, and yes, I'll make sure Taemin calls you Noona, okay?

                                                                                                                                  Yours truly,

                                                                                                                                      SHINee's BlingBling Jonghyun

 

......my jaw dropped as I popped in the DVD inside my laptop.

A video played out, with Kim Jonghyun in a kitchen somewhere.  Isn't that their dorm?  I recognized the setting in the show Yunhanam...?

Anyways, Jonghyun started singing to me Happy Birthday in Korean, then in English.

So he really did dye his hair dark brown.  No more three-toned blonde dinosaur.  Heh.

He waved goodbye with a smile and a wink that could blind any fangirl for weeks.

I'm still shocked that my favorite idol would do this for me. :)

NOW this is the best birthday ever.